Chapter 4

Hearts of The Heirs

After purchased a few books the day before, Chenle goes to a study cafe to reviews the books and the lectures along with Ryujin on the next day. Even so, he couldn't help to brought up the topic about the past that she barely remembers.

"Do you remember me? Or seen me somewhere?" He asked, tested her memory. Her eyebrows made a frown as she tried to gathers her memories.

"I swear the only thing I remembered about you were just when you sang in Vienna and our family met after your stage."

"Just that?" Ryujin held her chin. "Was there more?" Chenle hummed while closed his eyes for a while.

"Actually, things in Vienna were our first and last encounter until yesterday. After that, I saw you a few times during events mostly on our parents' business. The last time I saw you was in the hospital, when my grandfather was sick and your father took care of him. I saw you there, you did too but for a mere seconds." Ryujin were amused in between confusion.

"You know my father?"

"Yes, much likely."

"You didn't approach me then?" He chuckled. "I've thought about doing it, but you always seem not in a good mood so I decided not to."

"I hate those kinds of events, too many adults, I never understand what they were saying and most of all I hate it when they constantly pinched my cheeks." 

"Is that why you always had that ugly scowl?" Ryujin narrowed her eyes at the grinned guy. "What did you say?" Chenle pretended to think.

"Which one? Ugly scowl?" She glared at him.

"No one ever say I'm ugly."

Chenle snickered.

"You're not even that pretty." That's it.

He started to laughed loudly when she hit him continuously. "I thought you were that good boy type." She said in slight disbelief. "Well, I am. But sometimes I want to have fun."

"And mocking people is your way on having fun. I won't let it slide." That's when she bombarded his skin with pinches.

After a period with many hits, pinches and laughs they had a peace at least.

"Ryujin, please hand me your phone." Not exactly giving her phone, Chenle took it from the top of the table. "Why bother saying please?" She rolled her eyes.

He gave it back with a displayed number. "Just in case you need anything, you can contact me." She take a look and saved it nonchalantly, just then his phone rang.

"That's mine." He nodded.

"Can I call or text you anytime?" One of her brow rose up. "Am I saying that? What does it supposed to be mean?" Chenle smiled cheekily then replied.

"Hmm, frequently." Ryujin sneered. 

"I'll block you right away."

-

"You really won't consider me to join you with Chenle. Are you dump me?" Somi chased Ryujin on the campus after found out they hung out twice and never ask her to join.

"I wish I could." Ryujin replied lazily as her friend gaped at her.

"Woah, are you really my friend?"

"I don't know." 

They strangled each other in the hallway, luckily the other students were just too busy to spend mere seconds to stare at the girls. Few more coughs and they called it peace.

"Gahh.. I want to drink." They found themselves at the cafeteria drank one and half bottle water each.

"But hey, there's something I'm curious about." Somi started off, and Ryujin exhaled a breath.

"I haven't done breathing here, what is that?" There was unreadable expression on Somi's face.

"Is there any possibility of you and Chenle get together?" Ryujin close her eyes and put her forehead on the bottle cap.

"You just won't let me live in peace." Somi shrugged.

"Why? Just in case. I mean, you rarely hang out with guys especially without me, and not to mention just the two of you."

"That was because I know him from the past, he told me the memories that I barely remembers. If he's a total stranger, I won't meet him for the second time."

"So?"

"So, there's no possibility of me get together with him so far." Somi's eyebrow raised.

"So far?"

"I can't predict the future." Ryujin said nonchalantly but her friend made an 'o' shape with .

"I took it as the final answer. You're opening the possibility with him."

"Doesn't sound normal to me, but think anything you want."