Chapter 1

Hearts of The Heirs

 

"It's only the beginning of our third year but I feel like want to graduate right away."

"Even if you're graduating tomorrow, it means nothing when you can't stand seeing blood."

Somi sighed.

"Just not yet, Ryujin."

Right, their third year in Seoul National University had been started, the soon-to-be doctors. Shin Ryujin and Jeon Somi were friends since middle school after found out that their fathers were both surgeons and directors in different hospitals. On their senior year in high school, they decided to follows their fathers' step.

"But seriously, what's with you and blood?" Ryujin asked nonchalantly while walked up to the gate.

"It's just ugh- a bit disgusting, like what the hell.. Maybe I should go to psychiatry."

"Hmm, I hope you'll do well."

"Hey, don't forget to go to the main campus tomorrow." Somi reminded, changed the topic.

"For administration? Alright, let's go together." Ryujin entered the class and found seats for them. "Yeah, that and there's a campus workshop along with Yonsei-"

"Boring. I'll leave after done with administrations."

"No, you'll stay with me or I'll tell your mother you're skipping class. Ryujin frowned, "That's not even a class."

"It's still campus' activity, so you shall not skipping or else.." Somi grinned.

"Duh." 

-

Somi and Ryujin finally, after so much grunts and protests from the latter,attended the so-called event Somi forced her friend to join. 

"Is this even related to medical?"

"I'm not sure."

"Then what?"

"I don't know."

Ryujin was about to snap in annoyance when she realized Somi's attention were fixated at some...one.

"Who's that guy you're staring at?"

"Nam Sungjae, he's from Yonsei." Ryujin looked at Somi judgingly.

"Don't tell me you're here to see him."

"Well, much likely." Somi smiled without looking at her friend. "What is it to me? You can bore your eyes into his head alone."

"I might looked like a creep stalker if I'm alone." Ryujin rolled her eyes. "Then I was that creep stalker's friend."

Much to Ryujin's dismay, the event went for many hours -as she couldn't count anymore- with professors from both SNU and Yonsei kept on giving lectures that she didn't know a thing. Rather than pass out from extreme boredom, she decided to snuck out from the room for a good few minutes or until Somi call her when she realized her friend was missing.

Ryujin went to the cafeteria and saw that many students didn't attend that event whatsoever. Somi must pay her later for dragged her into living hell.

"Excuse me." She almost choked while sipped orange juice then looked up to saw a guy smiled ever so brightly at her.

"Are you Shin Ryujin?" Hasn't done blinked at his smile, she wondered where the hell he knew her name while he was a total stranger for her.

"Huh?"

"I'm Chenle. Zhong Chenle." Judged from his face, accent and name, Ryujin could tell that he wasn't a Korean. Did she ever know someone abroad? Or that guy just usually encounters people randomly?

Then another random guy called with a language that she assumed was Chinese. After responded, the Chenle guy turned back at Ryujin.

"See you later." He said with his never ending bright smile that made her stunned with shock and confusion, even after he was gone in the hallway.