Sun and late night agenda

Embracing dusk

Vacation is almost over but I went back to Seoul two weeks earlier just because I want to spend more days with Yongsun unnie and I want to meet Wheein and Hyejin. After the unnie left Bucheon there were nights where she will ask if we can talk and would just rant about her work and how stressful it can be, considering I know nothing about her field all I do is try to make her laugh which works all the time, she sometimes talks to Seulgi and the amount of time they were on a call left me surprise, but there were nights where she would call or text me just to ask me what song am I playing on that moment and I got used to it that somehow I asked her the same question out of the blue. And it is no different from tonight, she called me just as I opened the door to my apartment, I greeted her saying that im not in trouble, turns out that she is just checking up if I already made it to Seoul, as soon as my roommate Seulgi saw me on the phone, she jumped out of the bed and kept asking if it was Yongsun the unnie I was telling her about. I nodded vigorously as a response and lowkey told her to shut up. As I finished unpacking and just when I flopped down to my bed, unnie asked me if I wanna eat ramyeon with her tonight. She said that she knows a place that is open until midnight. I forced her to bring her car but she did not comply to it, instead she instructed me to meet her at the bus stop.

"I'd like to meet Wheein and Hyejin" I began as we finish eating, I have heard a lot of stories about those two and I got really excited to meet them especially Wheein, I just think she is cute and Hyejin is the intense one or maybe I got it mixed from that is just what I concluded from what unnie tells me. She nodded as she devoured the last drop of ramyeon on her bowl. She confirmed that she will set up a meeting for us four or three because Yongsun unnie rarely have time at daytime. As we walked on our way back to the bus stop Yongsun unnie extended her hand which is a clear sign for me to take it and to walk with her hand in hand. She asked if im just a stop away from where we are going and I figured that she is just along the bus stop area, as we reached our destination she waited until I have my bus ride and there is something from the way she waved her both hands goodbye as her smile reaches her ears and her eyes almost not visible, I can't say that she looks unquestionably delicate because of the sun since it is nowhere to be seen at the moment. I am stunned but fully aware how I awkwardly wave my hand to her.

The ramyeon night was not a one time thing for it was followed by tteokbokki night and another ramyeon night and she just won't bring her car, our closeness came to the point where I would softly yell at her during phonecall to frustratingly ask her as to why won't she bring her car, and it is no different from tonight. After having good amount of japchae we decided to visit Banpodaegyo bridge which is unpacked tonight since it is almost 11 PM. As we casually waddle the street we can hear a song playing somewhere just not sure where, the place is dimly illuminated, place might be close for a show for tonight I assume. 

"It is such a childhood dream to walk through the busy street of Seoul" Yongsun said softly and my eyes are busy on my footsteps but I can say she is smiling widely and I feel stupid for smiling to myself. 

"Whose dream is that?" I rebutted in disgusted manner as I meet her pair of eyes, it suddenly went blank and she let go of my hand, I got scared for split seconds there as she punch me playfully and claimed that it's hers. She was talking about how they were not allowed to stay out until 6PM and how she always wanted to walk under the moonlight which I think is really cliché. She also has a fascination on walking under the light post together with her boyfriend probably. Funnily I notice that unnie tends to get distracted easily when talking, one second she's telling me a story another second she's singing to 'Some' of Junggigo and im not sure how it happened but I can remember admiring as she freely sway her hands and body to the song but the next thing I know she slowly spun as I held her hand. I didn't even give her a hard time to pursue me to dance with her all it took was for her to take my hand and we're swaying to some country music. Now im not that drown at the song but im surely into the moment as I watched Yongsun gracefully move her body to the beat of the song, eyes closed as she leisurely let go of my hand and run her own aimlessly to her hair and body. I took few snapshot of this moment but immediately let go of my camera for it is better to seize the moment. As Yongsun unnie swerve under the light post as she spun, her blonde hair almost hitting me and I came to a conclusion that lights are her friends, not only the celestial body even this post above her casts light upon her perfectly that unnecessarily brings out her beauty. I finally snapped out of my trance as I heard unnie whining how I always ruin the moment.

"Aish! Byul-ah why do you always have to ruin the moment and stare" She complains. I kept laughing as she walked away from me. 

"I told you unnie I just like appreciating beautiful scene" Upon hearing my words she immediately pulled the 'isanghae' card and turned to me with the disgusted face. She whined as to how I always do and say weird things, we are not that close yet but I really got comfortable with her easily that she was able to witness this side of me, my clinginess does not bother her it's my weird antics and one liners that annoy her. 

Three days before school begins, Seulgi has been bugging me to go with her at every night club around us, she has Wendy and the rest of her squad for pete's sake she knows I don't like bars and the idea of loud music and three various artificial lights hitting my eyes just doesn't go my way, told me that I can find someone to date there I retaliated that im not looking for casual hookups even someone to date.

"Fine but don't blame me if a spider inhabits down there" She says as she gesture to her womanhood, she was able to dodge the pillow I threw at her and left our room, lucky bastard. 

I took my fujifilm out of my drawer to scan the photos I captured since I got here from Bucheon considering the places I have been through with or without Yongsun I assume I'd have tons by now, I always go for a walk early in the morning as usual and the past week I was able to go for a walk at night too, thanks to unnie. I notice my sarcasm at my last thought however I can't deny the bliss everytime. I deleted some of my sun photographs, feeling frustrated I went back to that photo I accidentally took with Yongsun on it at the One million rose garden im not sure but the photo makes me genuinely happy and inspired, maybe I should trust myself some more when taking a photo of the sun or maybe I shouldn't be swerving my attention from anywhere except from something I really love. I kept pressing forward from that photo at Bucheon up to present and I can't help but notice how Yongsun is invading my photography and how she aced being a muse without even realizing. I have a personal favorite as of the moment, this picture where she's by the waiting area at the bus stop and I happened to be across the street, I waved at her but she seems not to notice me, she's looking at the right direction but her head not at the said direction it's just on a bit of the angle her hair cascading infront the other side falling freely at her back, jacket falling almost at her mid-shoulder that her protruding clavicle was so loud, as I've said her head not fully on the right direction however her jawline projected flawlessly. Her eyes were cold considering she's looking into the vast emptiness of the road. I even captured the sequence, as she turned her head to the left when a car passed by, she ran a hand through her hair and took a step back that time I took a full body photo.  

As I continue to evaluate my captured photos my phone rang. 

"Are you not in trouble?" The unnie on the other line uttered. I flatly said no, even though I know I will say yes any second now. 

"I will bring the car" She lured me.

"But I will gladly be" I excitingly answered, she asked for directions to my apartment before I hang up after telling her that I will get ready in five. Yongsun unnie is carrying a white Hyundai Accent, I to being this rich looking sugar mommy and I got a handful of slap before she tackled that it is infact Yonghee unnie's car. She inquired if I know how to drive and if I already have my driver's license and weirdly I have, even though I don't own a car to drive.

She asked if I wanna eat somewhere but I guess we were both full, we proceed to her original plan for tonight which is a late night drive. Asked her if this is one of her childhood fantasies as well, I didn't get a response, so from my eyes darted on the street I turned my sight towards her she met my eyes and smiled enthusiastically that I thought her head was gonna fall off. I shook my head in disbelief and smiled as I returned my gaze outside the window. The busy street of Seoul became a dim pavement but im sure that we are still in the city, she let me plug the aux cord to my phone and as an english song come up, she couldn't believe that I listen to that kind of song well I only listen to that particular song of the band, she asked for the title she really liked the melody of the song and how the vocalist was able to express his emotion without Yongsun fully understanding the lyrics. 

"I wanna be yours by Arctic Monkeys" I complied casually. As I watched the scenery outside I once or twice asked unnie to stop for me to be able to capture the moon, but there is something by the way I stayed up all night sitting on the sit beside Yongsun unnie, there is something with the thought of driving the vast area of Seoul that makes me happy, that I haven't been here for so long but I feel nostalgic, there is something and I just can't put my finger on it. 

Our late night meetings didn't stop not even when my class started, since our class just began im not swamp yet but we still couldn't meet during daylight, unfortunately my photographs of sunrise with unnie in it had to stop, it altered to Yongsun smiling foolishly infront of a big bowl of ramyeon, Yongsun walking to my direction as I wait under the shed of the bus stop, Yongsun holding JjingJjing lovingly, Yongsun dancing under the moonlight, Yongsun hopping to the wet pavement, Yongsun smiling to the gasoline boy, Yongsun and her one hand on the wheel as she tries to park and just Yongsun standing still under the stars. But my mind could never forget how the sun blessed her with her majestic rays of light.

"You're going out again" Seulgi lazily blurted, I hummed in response before she even let me go and as well as the topic I got a handful of unnecessary words thrown at me, like the word 'hypocrite' since I never come with her on her late night out.

"Im not clubbing and grinding to someone i don't know, unlike you guys" I teased.

"We're having fun Byul, what do you imagine us doing there, dancing our assess out?" She said feigning annoyance, before I left our apartment she reminded me about our homework due on the day after tomorrow, which is almost done. I go out every night but I keep myself busy on daylight. I received a text from Seulgi, I guess she's not done lecturing me.

Don't invest too much, you might end up hurting yourself

Her message says, I locked my phone and headed downstairs. I saw Yongsun unnie adorably crouching infront of the bumper of her car, both side of her hair tucked to her ears. She must have felt my presence, as I stepped forward, she waved at me that familiar Queen-looking type of wave then she ran to me and just hug me. She whispered really nice thing to my ears with the context of she's gonna let me drive Yonghee unnie's car. I jumped out of excitement and keep muttering a 'thank you'. 

It's getting late and we're going through the same streets of Seoul for the nth time the only difference is im driving, and as we approached to Seongsan bridge Yongsun rolled down the car windows and as clichè as it looks she let out her hand outside the window but I stopped her which I regret immediately when I see how genuinely happy she is. And the next sight I see is Yongsun leaning to the window frame like a sulking child except that she's not sulking she's definitely not sulking, her hair slightly tousled by the wind, smiling out of nowhere, it is scenario like this that I eagerly want to capture the most, caus I find Yongsun the prettiest when she's just genuinely elated. When she caught me staring she scolded me telling me to keep my eyes on the road, she is even more concern from the wreckage the car will have than our well-being. 

"Im driving, I can't capture beautiful scenery" I explained. 

"Then I guess you just have to keep in it your memory" And I think it hit somewhere inside me I just don't know what. Before unnie take off after driving me to my apartment she told me the date she set up for us with Wheein and Hyejin. 

"Byul-ah" She softly called my name, I bow to meet her inside her car. 

"Wheein and Hyejin are available on weekends, let me know when you're free" 

"Yes" I responded. She showed a weirded look on her face. 

"Whatever, I'll just text you the details, I took your yes as an aporoval on this weekend" I nodded in response and bid her good night.

When I finally reached my room, thankfully Seulgi is already sleeping on her side of the room. I made a phone call instantly as soon I realized something. 

"Yah! Are you in trouble, im still driving" Yongsun started, with a loud voice although the concern is evident to her voice. 

"Unnie I left my camera at the back seat of your car"