Sun and everything else

Embracing dusk

Sunny day at One million rose garden, I was sauntering with my Fujifilm camera and the sun is just about to set. I searched for a better location to take a picture of the breathtaking phenomenon. It took me a while to get the perfect angle, Im no beginner in this field but certainly Im not a pro either. As I pressed the shutter, a woman passed by and I would be lying if I say that it didn't annoy me, I saw her walking and about to cross the path where my camera is parallel to the view but I thought she would at least have the decency to stop, good Lord it will only take a seconds for me to take the perfect shot of the perfect sun but no, she deliberately walked there like she's on a stage or something. I didn't want to look at the taken photo but I have to delete it, I reluctantly looked at the picture and I was a bit surprised to have seen a perfect candid shot of a woman whose leisurely taking a walk at the park, her hands softly tapping the flowers, her position on point that perfectly levels the horizon, giving the sun the authority to do its magic, distributing its sunrays on a right amount of light, the woman has her eyes locked to the flowers her fingers have in contact with, ajar because of the plastered smiled, I have never took an unexpected candid shot, that contains too much perfection. I was not able to capture the sun, but I was able to capture its beauty in relation to a human.

I thought to myself that the shot was worth it and that tomorrow is another day and I could just get another shot of the sun. On my way home, I can't stop pondering the photo I took by accident, it was really good, I think I could use it on my exhibit soon, if ever. 

As I arrived home, I immediately printed the photo and plan on putting it up to the wall at my other room, where I always put my other photographs. When it comes to my photography I really like being organized, and I like printing the photos I took just to see my improvements and to remind myself that I have once captured the beauty of nature especially the sun. The photographs are seperated by the subject. From nature to people to citylights at night to busy days of Seoul, architectures, foods I essentially seperated the photos of the sun from nature. Its incomparable, its beauty is a wonder it would be disrespectful to put it up with the others. As I stand infront of the people subject area I hesitate to stick my latest photograph up there im not sure why, but this photo is bizarre if I consider the woman as the subject, without second thoughts I put it up to the sun section.

I woke up early because I plan on watching the sunrise and capturing it, since it is also my last day at my hometown and I have to go back to Seoul by tomorrow. My thoughts about someone not blocking my view or walking infront of my camera has no touch of reality by now. I felt the cold breeze of air as I walked my way to the park, I closed my eyes, inhaled the fresh air that is from approaching dawn, I smiled as I felt the wind touches my cheeks. So I sat at my usual spot whenever I took a photo of sunrise. After minutes of waiting the sun rays are visible to the horizon from where im situated. I positioned myself ready to take a picture, another good 8 minutes of waiting, as I pressed the shutter a dog just passed by and I can't be mad over the fact that there is a dog on the sunrise photo I took while I have a woman on my sunset photo yesterday, if this is a sign to stop photography, well it is not. As the dog came closer to me, I figured there is a woman approaching as well, I pet the dog joyfully, it's so adorable, thank heavens it is cute.

"Jjing!" I finally heard the woman who is walking towards us for a while now. Just as the dog heard its name,it gracefully wags its tail as it turned its head to probably its owner. It took me sometime to pay the woman a look however I can hear her apologizing.

"OMO! I'm sorry, you were taking a photo right, I am very sorry, JjingJjing didn't I tell you not to run from me, aish dogs nowadays. I'm really sorry again"

I find it amusing the way she was talking to the dog and that she apologizes for what have happened, as I looked up to face her, surreal is the first word to come up to my mind. I'm not sure whether its ray of the sun that perfectly illuminates her that she looks like an angel who just descended from heaven or just the smile plastered to her face. I stood up to level her, just an inch smaller than me or a centimeter im really not sure. I know I kept saying that it is okay and I know she heard me but she kept on blabbering and I think she introduced herself. As the wind blows we were standing still, parallel to each other, Yongsun, that's her name, very odd though. Yongsun ran her fingers through her blonde hair and not to exaggerate it but she's glowing, it is totally the sun that is making her glow, the power of the sun. 

"The sun has completely risen I don't think you can take a good photo from there, I am really sorry--" She paused waiting for me to say my name, and the thought of not capturing the sunrise which is the main reason why I am here just left my mind. 

"Byulyi" I offered her my hand and a lopsided smile. She adjusted JjingJjing who she is carrying to meet my hand. She blatantly asked me if I want to go for a walk which is a bold question to ask to someone you just met but I think staring at her exposed abs is bolder. It truly amazes me when someone is determined and sweat it, it inspires me but food happens it always happens. 

"Were you not running?" I inquired, by the look of her outfit.

We proceed to walking anyway, I am surprised how comfortable it is to be with her, we went for a breakfast when she got hungry, we even had a hard time looking somewhere to eat since management won't let JjingJjing in, those bastards. She works as paralegal, told me that when I get myself in trouble just give her a call, she asked for my phone and saved her number there, told her that it is unlikely for me to get into something that will need her assistance since I hardly engage myself to anything or anyone especially at Seoul since im just staying there because of my study. I wonder if she has no other friends on Seoul, the thought was gone when she talked about Wheein and Hyejin, they seem to be really good friends but she decided to come here alone just to unwind, Jeju could have been a better place I told her.  

"Then I wouldn't have met you" She said casually. Omo, this unnie is weird, she talks a lot, I am a good listerner but she brings out the talkative side of myself.

I was shamelessly talking to JjingJjing as she carries her, when Yongsun brought up the we should come to Seoul together tonight, I was a bit shock I had my eyes locked with her while my hand on JjingJjing's head. Since I plan on leaving tomorrow I turned down the idea just as fast as she proposes it. The woman didn't have show disappointment neither embarrassment I think she's just being nice, but I still kind of living what my parents thought me about strangers, disregarding the relationship we built for a short period of time.

We parted our ways before noon, and as soon as I got home, Seulgi, my annoying sister asked me where I came from, which she is fully aware of since she is my sister and I have been doing this since ninth grade. Nonetheless, I told her about this unusual unnie I met earlier and she was jaunty about it and the idea of Yongsun as my girlfriend, which didn't occur to me not even when Seulgi brought it up. She kept bothering me about it until before I left the house, she told our parents and our other siblings about it, they can't stop talking about Yongsun. The woman is undeniably beautiful but there are women who can be a girlfriend and a friend, there is a thin line in my case but im sure the woman i met a while ago is far from being in the middle. Seulgi kept on bothering me about it, she kept on going not even when I returned to Seoul until I came back home which was two months and a half I think. Asking me if I have already called her number. But I didn't, I never did.

I tried though, there were times that im just staring at my phone tracing her name, I don't think i should call her she's working and im studying how would we even make time to meet plus she told me to call her when im in trouble except that I never get myself in trouble, I almost did one time but still community service is better than calling someone from paralegal because of jaywalking.

I spent my vacation at my hometown my friends tried to talk me out of it said we should go somewhere just for a week or two I know how to have fun but father's birthday is coming and family always comes first. My father always accompany me whenever I wanna go out and enjoy the sun which is everyday, we used to do that when I was a kid since I started walking. I just love being under the sun which was established a long time ago with a little involvement of Science.

As we stroll at Wonminsan, he started talking about aging how life starts at 30 or whenever we decide it to, they never pressure me into doing things, my parents are very supportive to everything I do even my photography. My father, he would always tell me to do what makes me happy and just go with it, and all these things he is talking about life, career, age being just a number I didn't think it would all comes down to when will I bring someone home. I had to face palm internally and laughed sarcastically couldn't believe that he is talking about this now. I wonder if he would still talk about this if I were interested in men. We wanted to eat out but we both agreed that mother would be infuriated. 

My everyday routine never changes, I think that is why its called a routine. I would get up early in the morning visit One million rose gardern and take a photo of everything in there especially the sun which serves as the main course, it is amazing how we think the sun doesn't change or after how many years it wouldn't be as interesting as it is the first time we took a photo of it, but as time goes by it became more fascinating and I feel like everyday I learn a new thing or two about it, it really is amazing how a single photo a day can convey a thousand meaninful words. Today is no different from the other days, I just brought my bike with me, I feel like I've been exercising since the start of my vacation. As I reached my destination I sat to not so usual location, today im experimenting, it's a waste of day and sun but I really think I should do this. 

It is approximately three minutes before sunrise I positioned myself ready to try this experiment. Okay, it is talking too long, longer than three minutes I guess, but im used to it so I captured the approaching dawn until im interrupted with a not so unfamiliar voice behind me. 

 

"You really didn't get yourself in trouble huh"