Be Natural

Yellow Sun and The Blue Sky

 

Seulgi still remembers her mom’s late-night story when she was a child. How the mark on her right wrist will glow up and full of color once she’s close with her soulmate.

 

“What’s your mark, Mom?” asked little Seulgi, her voice is a little bit muffled because of the thick warm blanket that covering her small body on the bed. Her eyes were full of curiosity as she looked at her mom.

 

“Mine? I’m a yellow sun,” answered her mom with her famous warm voice that Seulgi likes. She showed Seulgi her wrist. Seulgi can see the little sun mark on it. She frowned while looking at it.

 

“It’s not yellow,” protested her, making her mom laughed.

 

“Well, the mark will turn yellow once your Dad is beside me,” said her mom. “Let me look at your wrist, baby.”

 

Seulgi showing off her wrist. She can see round stuff that was cut in two pieces. Inside it, there were some lines, ended at the center of the circle. “It looks like an orange,” exclaimed little Seulgi. “But, why there is no color in it?”

 

Seulgi’s mom chuckled, ruffled her hair softly. “Because you haven’t met your soulmate yet, Seulgi.”

 

Little Seulgi pouted, looking like an angry baby bear that was sad because her food is stolen. “When will I meet my soulmate?”

 

Her mom smiled, leaned in to give her forehead a warm peck before leaned back and tidying up her blanket. “Soon, Seulgi. Soon.”

 

She remembered how she went to the best sleep she ever had after her mom’s story. Her mind wandering around, trying to imagine how her soulmate looks like. Does her soulmate sweet like her favorite candy? Does her soulmate fluffy like her favorite blanket? She went to sleep, dreaming about her soulmate.

 

That was her a couple years ago. Now, she doesn’t even care about the mark on her wrist.

 

She feels ridiculous about how the universe already gives you your fixed significant others. It’s guaranteed that you will live with them and you will always be with them. All you have to do is to find them.

 

Seulgi snorted. There are approximately seven billion people in this whole world. Hundreds of countries. Thousands of cities. And we need to find one person aka our beloved soulmate from that seven billion people. That is just ridiculous. How she can find them?

 

Seulgi will laugh at her little self because of how innocent she is. There is no soulmate in this world. The marks? She considered it her cool tattoo.

 

Her best friend, Joy Park, will just shake her head if Seulgi tells her about this. “You just haven’t found them yet, Seul,” she always answered her with that, making her want to roll her eyes.

 

“Joy, I already lived for 26 years. And I never have even passed by my so-called ‘soulmate’. Not even once,” scoffed Seulgi while slurping on her iced americano.

 

“Well, I read the news somewhere that someone finds their soulmate when they’re 50 years old.”

 

Seulgi deadpanned. “I’m so not going to waste my time just to find my soulmate.”

 

Joy shrugged. “You will find her, Seul. Soon.”

 

“Why there is soulmate in this world anyway? Look at me. I’m free. I can date any person I want. I can sleep with anyone I want. There are no boundaries at all. This whole idea about getting stuck with only one person in your life is just, unacceptable.”

 

Someone suddenly took a seat beside Joy, and give her cheek a peck. “What are both of you talking right now?” asked that person, sipping on her hot chocolate.

 

“As usual,” Joy sighed. “Soulmate. She still won’t believe that until now.”

 

“Huh. But that thing is true, though.”

 

“That’s because you already found her, Irene,” protested Seulgi. “She clearly right beside you now!”

 

Seulgi looked at their right wrists. Their marks are glowing. Green kiwi mark for Irene. Red watermelon mark for Joy.

 

“Well she found me when she was 28 years old,” said Joy, making Irene frowned.

 

“What does that even mean?” grumbled Irene.

 

Joy held her hand up, trying to calm Irene down. “No offense, baby, but that’s not what I mean. Seulgi, you need to be patient. That person, whoever it is, will come soon. Believe me.”

 

Seulgi groaned. “They do not exist, Joy. They’re not.”

 

---

 

Seulgi slammed her hand towards the innocent, blaring alarm. Her eyes blinked, trying to adjust with morning sunlight that completely filled her room. She sighed. Yesterday’s work is too much and now she needs to attend another meeting to talk about the new concept of some magazine photoshoot.

 

She took the clock, reading the numbers on it. 8.30 a.m.

 

“! I’m late!” exclaimed her as she stumbled upon her blanket, trying to get out from her bed and hastily going to the bathroom.

 

Everything moving so quick. She has an important meeting at 9 a.m. yet here she is, late and trying to run through the oceans of people at the subway. She looked at her wristwatch. 8.55 a.m.

 

“!” she threw another curse under her breath. Wishing whoever it is above for her safety, she quickens her pace, hitting almost everybody. Apologies flew from as she walks. On her mind there is only one thing, arrived at the meeting place right on time. Or in her case, not really that late.

 

She finally stepped out from the bustling subway, making her take her first deep breath, before continuing to walk at her comfortable pace, since her meeting place is just two buildings away from the entrance of the subway.

 

Not even a couple second from her finally escaping the hellish subway, someone bumped into her pretty hard, resulting in her sling bag which consists of lots of important paper fell off from her shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry!” screamed someone who seems the one who bumped into her, before getting drowned in the sea of humans.

 

Seulgi took her sling bag and wanting to scream “Look when you walk!” when she felt something hot on her right wrist.

 

Seulgi frowned. This is the first time she felt something like this. She pulled up the sleeve that covered her wrist and getting shocked by what she saw. The mark is glowing. The color is blue and orange. Orange is for the skin of the orange. Blue is the insides of the orange. She remembered her mom’s words.

 

When your mark is glowing for the first time, your wrist will feel something hot is plastered there. But it’s not the type of hot that will hurt you, it’s the type of hot that will blanket you like the hot chocolate you always drink in winter. There are two reasons why your mark is glowing. First, the distance between you and your soulmate is somewhere between 10 m. It will continue to glow until the distance between you and your soulmate is more than 10 m. Second, if your soulmate touched you, the glowing will stay for 30 seconds.

 

Her eyes widen when she remembering that. She believed that her soulmate is no longer near her, so why her mark is still glowing? Someone bumped into her earlier. So that means, the one who just bumped her is her soulmate.

 

She looked towards the subway crowds, trying to find her soulmate. But the sane part in her knows that it’s impossible to find them in the middle of these people. She only knows one thing.

That her soulmate is a woman. A small, short-haired woman.

 

---

 

Irene looked at the woman who put her head at the table in front of her with a weird stare. She looked at her soulmate beside her who looks like she doesn’t give a with that woman. “What happen?” she finally asked, her eyes coming back to stare at the poor woman.

 

“She being screamed by her boss for being late to an important meeting.”

 

Irene frowned. “She never went into this mode when that happens though. And it’s happened pretty often.”

 

“I’m not done yet, baby,” Joy sighed, then looked at the woman. “She finally stumbled upon her soulmate.”

 

Irene is a bit taken aback when Seulgi rose her head. “I don’t even remember how she looked like! Heck, I don’t even remember her voice!”

 

“How do you know it’s a woman, then?”

 

“I was bumped into her and then she said sorry. It’s clearly a woman’s voice and I caught a glimpse of her. One thing I’m sure of, she had short hair.”

 

Irene nodded and took a sip of her cold matcha latte. Seulgi still has this frown on her face when she continues to grumbles. “And my marks glow with blue and orange color! Is there even a blue orange fruit out there?!”

 

She slammed her head back to the table with a groan. Her mind wanders back to her innocent conversation with her mom a couple years ago.

 

“Mom?” little Seulgi looked at her mom with curiosity filled her eyes. “Why do Dad and your mark is different? Why yours is yellow sun and Dad is a blue cloud?”

 

Her mom smiled. “I don’t know, Seulgi. No one knows why we got this as our marks. We don’t even know why it glows in that color. The one thing we know is, our marks will glow if we’re close to each other.”

 

Little Seulgi looked at her right wrist. “So we just wait until we found our soulmate and it will glow-up?”

 

Her mom chuckled. “Yes. We just wait until that moment come.”

 

How Seulgi wished that moment never come if she knew it will be like this.

 

“You will meet her again, Seul. Soulmates are meant to be with each other,” explained Irene softly.

 

“How, Irene? We just stumbled upon each other near the busiest subway in New York City. The chance of us meet each other again is near zero percent.”

 

“Aren’t you the one who didn’t believe in soulmate in the first place? And now you already found her, you become like this? What the heck?” protested Joy, followed by Irene’s soft jab to her rib. “What? You agree with me, right? Anyway, cut that sad act of yours. I’ve got something for you to cheer up.”

 

Seulgi deadpanned. “Joy Park, if it’s a strip club like the last time I swear to God-“

 

Joy frowned. “What? No. Well, if you want, I can take you back there. Anyway, my friend has officially opened her café a week ago. And she invites me to come to her café tomorrow. Wanna come?”

 

“Which friend?” asked Irene.

 

“Yeri Kim. You know her, right? The satan spawn from my college year.”

 

Irene stares at her until she remembered the said person and softly nodded. Joy looked at the sad bear. “You come?”

 

Seulgi groaned. “I have a photoshoot in midtown Manhattan tomorrow.”

 

“Wow, what a coincidence,” said Joy. “Her café is in midtown Manhattan, too.”

 

Seulgi narrowing her eyes. “You won’t let me get off with this, aren’t you?”

 

“Nope,” answered Joy with a pop.

 

Seulgi sighed. She knows she can never survive from the devil in front of her. “Do whatever you want. I don’t care.”

 

---

 

Seulgi walked through the bustling road pavement of New York City. It’s already night. People trying to go home as fast as they can. Sadly, she can’t go to the same destination as these people. She needs to come to Joy’s friend café. She remembered the text Joy just sent to her this afternoon.

 

This is the address of the café. We will come to the café at 8 p.m. If you didn’t come later, might as well prepare yourself for hell when I standing right outside of your apartment door. -Joy Park

 

Seulgi sighed. Honestly, she doesn’t want to come. She still wants to think about her unfortunate meeting with her soulmate and planning for how to meet her again. But, she also doesn’t want to die from Joy’s arms, in a condition of not knowing who is her soulmate. She decided to spare her poor soul and come to the café.

 

She took a turn to the right when she looked at the bright sign on top of the red canopy. Sunny Afternoon Café. What a weird name for a café, but cute, she thought. The exterior of the café looked like it was from medieval times. A swirl made from metal or such things like that just added the beautifulness, especially added by the warm yellow light from the inside of the café that blooming their way through to the outside world.

 

Well, maybe Joy was right. A good decision made by that devil to asked her to come to this café.

 

She stepped inside the café, quickly greeted by a warm atmosphere. Being in contrast with the world outside, it’s calm and homey. People move at such a slow pace, making her relaxed. She quickly threw her glance everywhere until she saw two familiar people in the table near the window. Joy spotted her and she decides to order first.

 

“Welcome to Sunny Afternoon!” greeted someone cheekily. She got this long and curly blonde hair that completely suited her. Her face reminded Seulgi of one Pokemon character, Squirtle. “I’m Yeri, the co-owner of this café. What do you want to order?”

 

“Um, do you have something special from this café? Like, maybe, your most recommended coffee?” asked Seulgi. She knew she will just order iced americano if she doesn’t do this.

 

“Do you have an allergy with cinnamon?”

 

Seulgi frowned. “No, I think.”

 

“Well then, I recommend you our special cinnamon-blend coffee latte that was founded by the other co-owner of this café!”

 

Seulgi nodded. “That’s one, then.”

 

Yeri quickly typed something on the cashier machine in front of her. “Anything else?”

 

“Maybe that first.”

 

“Okay. Name?”

 

“Seulgi Kang.”

 

Yeri stopped her finger movement at the machine. “You’re Joy’s friend, aren’t you?”

 

Seulgi raised one of her eyebrows. “Yes, I am. Why?”

 

Yeri shook her head. “Nothing. That will be $6.”

 

Seulgi quickly shoved her hand to her pocket, and give the money to Yeri. She quick scanning the café. “It’s pretty crowded for a café that was just opened a week ago.”

 

Yeri chuckled. “Well, me and my friend knew lots of people. So we told them to come here, and then they just started to spread it as quick as fire. An advantage for a new business like us.”

 

Seulgi nodded. “Where’s this your so-called friend, or the other co-owner, I suppose?”

 

Yeri gave her the change and also some buzzers. “She’s in the back, baking some brownies. If this buzzer , then that means your order is ready. Please take it at the pick-up section there,” explained her while pointing at some vacant and empty table on the right side, a ‘pick-up’ sign being hanged in the above.

 

“Alright, then. Thanks, Yeri.”

 

“Please tell Joy I will come to her table after I finished,” said Yeri, answered by Seulgi’s curt nod.

 

“You decided to come here after all,” greeted Joy once she seated in front of them.

 

“I don’t want my already poor life to become poorer because you decided to kill me if I didn’t come here,” snarked Seulgi.

 

Joy just shrugged. “I see you already talked with Yeri back there.”

 

“Yes. And she also said that she will come here after she finished.”

 

She snorted. “Of course she will. That workaholic freak.”

 

Irene bumped her girlfriend softly. “Let her be. At least she wasn’t alone this time.”

 

Joy just huffed when Seulgi’s buzzer . “I will get my coffee first. Don’t start to eat each other yet.”

 

Seulgi quickly left the table before Joy could bite her with some remarks. She quickly walked to the vacant table and put her buzzer there.

 

“Seulgi Kang?”

 

Seulgi feels familiar with the voice. But where? Where does she hear the voice? Last time she remembers, this is her first time stepped inside this café. So, of course, this needs to be her first time listening to that voice. But somehow her brain knew that she already heard this voice.

 

She shook her head softly and decided to reply to the call. “Yes, that’s me”

 

“Here you go, cinnamon-blend coffee latte. Enjoy!”

 

Seulgi took the cup, slightly brushes her fingers with the fingers that belonged to the woman in front of her. Thank you almost spilled from her tongue when she realized that her mark on her right wrist is glowing.

 

Seulgi froze. Her eyes widen, shock evident from her face as she locked her gaze with the glowing mark on her wrist. She looked to the other wrist beside of her. The mark on the wrist is also glowing. A yellow pineapple.

 

Seulgi looked at the woman in front of her, and she swears to God, that she never saw someone as beautiful as this person. Her seemingly soft, delicate hair, flowing so beautiful. Her cheeks are full of baby fat, making Seulgi dying to hold herself not to pinch them. Her plump lips, especially her full bottom lips, just begging her to completely captured them with Seulgi’s own pair.

Seulgi always wants to know what it feels like to be starstruck. Now she knows, and she loves it. Breathe, Seulgi. You can do this, okay? Just be natural.

 

“Hi,” greeted Seulgi which come out more like a soft whimper.

 

“Hi,” she greeted back. “So we finally meet each other again, huh?”

 

Seulgi stiffly nodded, making her giggles. God, her giggle sounds so beautiful. I believe her laughs will sound so perfect. Goddamnit Seulgi, focus on her! Calm down, be natural. Seulgi quickly shook her head. “I-I’m Seulgi.”

 

That woman chuckled. “I’m Wendy. Nice to meet you, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi just looked at the small woman in front of her. Damn, she could easily be a model, and Seulgi will gladly be the photographer. Oh God, why my mind always thought about something else, dammit. Stop!

 

“Seulgi, I don’t know if I’m really pretty or you just in shock, but your friend has been calling you for a while now. It’s started to disturb others,” Wendy chuckled as she pointed to where Joy and Irene is.

 

She felt her face heated, quickly grabbing her cup of coffee. “I-I will just go back to where my friends at then.”

 

Wendy chuckled once again before it seems like she remembered something. “Wait, you’re with Yeri’s friend, right?”

 

Seulgi nodded. “Yeah, why?”

 

Wendy smiled, and oh God it’s so warm, even her favorite blanket couldn’t compare with the warmth. “After all of this finished, let’s talk, okay? How about that?”

 

Seulgi quickly nodded. “Okay. I’m going then. Not going to keep you long here.”

 

Wendy laughed. Her laughter quickly becomes Seulgi’s number one favorite melody in her lifetime. “See you again soon, Seulgi,” she said, bid her goodbye and quickly retreats back to the kitchen.

 

Seulgi went back to her table when she greeted by Joy’s mischievous smile and Irene’s warm smile. Her happy face quickly falters away.

 

“So,” Joy said while wiggling her eyebrows, making Seulgi want to roll her eyes, “that’s your soulmate, huh?”

 

“Shut up,” grumbled Seulgi while took a sip of her coffee. Yeri is right, the coffee is so good. And knowing this is Wendy’s personal recipe, making her smile blooms.

 

“Let me guess, Yeri suggests you order a cinnamon-blend coffee latte, which is Wendy’s personal recipe of coffee, to you right?”

 

Seulgi’s groan is a legit answer for Joy, making her laugh so hard. Irene just watching them banter with each other, a warm smile on her face.

 

“Irene! Please tell your girlfriend to stop teasing me!”

 

“I did. And you know it always failed.”

 

“I know I can count on you, baby,” praised Joy, landing a kiss to Irene’s pair of lips, making Seulgi gagged with disgust.

 

“Stop your doing of making babies in front of me.”

 

“Just say you jealous and want to do this with your soulmate but somehow you can’t since you just met her again,” Joy bites back, making Seulgi closed , can’t deliver another snide remark.

 

---

 

Yeri and Wendy quickly join their table once the café closed. Wendy sat beside Seulgi, while Yeri is in the middle between both of the couples.

 

“Oh, so you like Wendy, then? She also didn’t believe in soulmate since she never found hers until now,” Yeri said while took a sip of her tea, looking at the glowing marks at both Seulgi’s and Wendy’s wrist.

 

“I never said that,” protested Wendy with a frown.

 

“Oh, yes, sorry. Much more like you’re a hopeless romantic who already gave up to find her soulmate,” corrected Yeri, making Joy’s laughed out loud for the second time in that café.

 

“You both are just a devil spawn. Irene, please help us!” whined Seulgi, slightly begging.

Irene trying to stifle her laughs. “Sorry, Seul. This is once in a lifetime.”

 

“That’s my girl!” remarks Joy, rewarding Irene with a wet peck on her cheek, making Seulgi disgusted.

 

“So, Seulgi, since I practically already know these lovebirds,” Yeri said while pointing to Joy and Irene, “let’s talk about you. What is your profession?”

 

“A photographer,” answered Seulgi. “Any kind of photos, but mostly for a magazine.”

 

Yeri scanned her. “Looking at your bags, you come here after the photo shoot, then?”

 

Seulgi nodded. “Yes, I just have a photoshoot around here. And wow, you’re so intuitive.”

 

“Well, she’s a former police trainee before she got kicked out.”

 

Yeri jabbed Joy’s shoulder. “Don’t tell them that, dammit. That is my biggest secret.”

 

“Geez, calm down. I’m just joking,” grumbled Joy while trying to lessen the pain by rubbing it.

Seulgi watched the interaction between the two. Joy said that they already met in college, but it seems like they already met each other since childhood. Seulgi smiled. Joy rarely got friends like this.

 

“Why are you smiling like a creep there, stop it,” stated Joy cutting through whatever Seulgi is thinking of. Her smile started to disappear and become a deadpan.

 

“So, why a café though?” asked Seulgi to both Wendy and Yeri, ignoring Joy’s statement.

 

Wendy signaling Yeri to answer. “Well, because that is my long-time dream. I’ve been wanting to have a café for so long. A couple years ago, I met Wendy, strangely in a café, too. We talked about things until we reached the topic of owning a café. You were a barista, back then, right?”

 

Wendy nodded and signaling Yeri again to continue. “So, I asked her to open a café with me. And here we are, two years later, at our own café.”

 

Seulgi nodded, looking at the way how Wendy looked at Yeri. It was the same way as her mother usually looked at her. Warm filled with overflowing proud.

 

“How did both of you stumbled with each other?” Yeri asked again, her cup of tea is already finished. “You said that you already meet each other first, right?”

 

“Oh, she bumped into me,” they said in unison, making their heads quickly turned towards each other.

 

“You were the one who bumped into me,” stated Seulgi.

 

Wendy scoffed. “I clearly walked on my path. You were the one who bumped into me.”

 

Seulgi looked at her with disbelief. “Excuse me? I walked right on my path, too.”

 

“Look, I know you want to kill each other but please not. Not when you haven’t ed each other head first.”

 

Yeri laughed so hard, followed by Irene giggles as Joy threw statement to stop their banters. They quickly shut their mouths, their face changed colors into some red hue.

 

This will be a long night.

 

---

 

“You sure don’t want to come with us?” asked Joy the moment they decide to stop tonight’s hang out. Seulgi smiled and nodded.

 

“I want to have some fresh air. You go back first with Irene.”

 

Irene grasped her hand, and softly squeeze. “Will you be okay?”

 

“I will, Irene. New York is still busy at this hour, you know? They never sleep.”

 

Irene sighed. “Contact us when you arrived at your apartment, okay?”

 

Seulgi gives her a thumbs up. “I will.”

 

They bid their goodbyes, before drowning themselves into the not-so-wild sea of humans. Seulgi took a deep breath. She decided to take a seat at the nearest bus stop.

 

Tonight is too much. Her work was really made her spent today. Don’t forget how she finally met her soulmate again for the second time, at the café owned by her friend’s friend and apparently her soulmate.

 

Seulgi chuckled. She knew that the world likes to joke. But she didn’t expect this kind of joke.

 

Suddenly, a black sedan car stopped right in front of her. She frowned, before the owner of the car rolled the front window down, revealing the owner. Her heartbeat quickens when she realized who it is.

 

“What are you doing here?” Wendy asked from inside the car.

 

Dammit, she looked attractive. “Taking a fresh air.”

 

She can hear Wendy’s low chuckle. “I didn’t know New York has fresh air.”

 

Seulgi shrugged. “We got Central Park.”

 

Wendy smiled. “Yeah, you’re right. Let me drive you back home.”

 

Seulgi quickly shook her head. She clearly doesn’t want to be a nuisance for her soulmate. “No, it’s okay. I will take the bus.”

 

Wendy raised her eyebrow, making a smirk on her face. “There is practically no bus operating at this hour. And, the nearest subway station is two blocks away. I can’t let a pretty woman like you wandering around an empty street alone in the middle of the night like this.”

 

Seulgi feels her cheek heat more than earlier. Her soulmate is really something else. “Is it okay?”

 

Wendy nodded. “Of course! Come in!”

 

Seulgi sighed. She really can’t escape this. Silently praying to whoever above inside her heart, she stepped inside Wendy’s car, and she likes it.

 

The seat is comfortable. A fresh aroma completely filled the whole car, but it’s not overpowering. And, Wendy didn’t drive like some mad men (read: Joy).

 

“So, you have a car, huh,” Seulgi breaks the silence. They’re already far enough from her pick-up spot.

 

“Yup,” answered Wendy with a nod.

 

Seulgi looked at her with confusion. “Then why you use subway yesterday?”

 

Wendy smirked, looking at her with playfulness in her eyes. “Because the universe is already grown tired with us not met with each other until yesterday. That’s why.”

 

She laughed when Seulgi’s respond is just a straight face. “No, I’m joking. This car is still in a repair shop when I need to go somewhere, so that’s why I took a subway.”

 

Seulgi nodded before her cheek turns back into crimson when Wendy continues. “I really should give them a big thank you because, if they not holding back my car yesterday, I will never bump into you.”

 

Wendy just smiled with Seulgi’s silent respond. She already got her answer by looking at the red hue on her soulmate’s cheek. “What about you?”

 

“Huh?” asked Seulgi, seemingly in trance a moment ago.

 

Wendy chuckled. “Do you have any idea why we can stumble with each other?”

 

“Oh. I was late for my very important meeting. It was supposed a meeting about today’s photoshoot. But my forgetful forgot to set my alarm. So, yeah, you know why.”

 

She looked at Wendy, who has this concerned expression plastered on her face. “But, you’re not getting something, right?”

 

“Well,” she shrugged, before continue. “maybe a nag or two, but that’s it. Not really that serious.”

 

She can hear Wendy whispered “Thank God” but quickly brushed it off, feeling that it was just her ears trying to play with her.

 

They finally arrived at her apartment. Wendy leaned on her car while Seulgi standing in front of her, in a turmoil whether to invite her inside or just bid a goodbye. She chose the former. “D-do you want to come inside?”

 

Wendy looked at her wristwatch. “I want to, but I don’t think I can. It’s getting late and I need to be somewhere in the morning.”

 

“Oh,” Seulgi said, trying to cover her disappointment, which seems that it’s a complete failure.

 

Wendy smiled. “Are you free on the weekend?”

 

Seulgi raised her eyebrow. “Yeah?”

 

“How about, you know,” Wendy scratched her invisible itch on her head. “we going somewhere, trying to know each other.”

 

Seulgi smirked. “You mean, a date?”

 

The sight of a flustered Wendy is so cute right now, it makes her want to coo. Thank God she’s able to hold herself. “W-well, if you said so!”

 

“Yes, of course,” answered Seulgi with a chuckled, making Wendy formed a wide smile.

 

“Cool! I will contact you then. Please, wait for it.”

 

Seulgi laughed. “Yes, I will.”

 

They shook their hands as they bid goodbye to each other. “Goodnight, Seulgi. See you later.”

“Goodnight, Wendy.”

 

She looked as Wendy’s car moving away from her apartment block. She looked at her wrist, still glowing as the result of her physical contact with her soulmate earlier. Seulgi smiled softly.

 

At this moment, every time her soulmate mark glows, it will be Seulgi’s all-time favorite moment in her life.