Happiness

Yellow Sun and The Blue Sky

“Awww,” coos the two women at the sight of a soft little bundle at one of their hands.

“Her fingers are so tiny!” shrieked the taller woman, who cradled it carefully, watching it in fascination as she looked at her finger getting wrapped by smaller ones.

“I’m so going to make her famous,” exclaimed the other one, capturing the moment with her phone camera.

“Last time I checked, she is my daughter.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Oh, come on, unnie. It’s not like you can’t hold her every day.”

Seulgi pouted, making her looked like an angry bear who got disturbed by some dried leaves blocking her path. “But still!”

“Oh my God! She just yawned!” said Yerim excitedly, making those two women ignored her again.

Seulgi huffed and go to the kitchen, grabbing cold water inside the refrigerator. She knew the moment her daughter finally come to this world, those two will just claim it immediately. She gulped the water, trying to wash off her ridiculous anger towards those two satans.

Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped at her waist. A head tucked nicely on the crook of her neck. “Just let them hold her,” mumbled the person behind her. She can feel the lips moved at her skin, making her squirmed a bit.

“They just stole her from me like that, Wan! And I haven’t cradled her the moment they came here!” protested Seulgi to her wife, softly putting her hand on top of the ones that was wrapped on her waist.

Seungwan just chuckled. “Just see when she started peeing and crying, they will give her immediately to us.”

Like the universe was cooperating with her wife, they suddenly heard a scream from the living room. “Unnie! I think she just pooped!”

Seulgi deeply sighed, while Seungwan just laughed and unwrapped her hands from her waist. “See? I was right.”

“Let me do it,” Seulgi said, quickly strode to the living room, leaving Seungwan alone in the kitchen, after she gave her a quick peck on the lips. She just shook her head, then grabbed herself some drink.

“Never knew they will be this loud,” said someone suddenly, propping herself at the kitchen island.

“Well, you know how chaotic they are, unnie. Especially your girlfriend.”

Joohyun chuckled. “Yes, I am.”

She observed Seungwan who was humming something. She has realized this long ago but just decided to talk about it. “You’re glowing.”

Seungwan furrows her eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

“You look happier,” shrugged Joohyun. “I mean, you always look happy. But this, this is a different kind of happy, I think.”

Seungwan chuckled. “Is it a good kind of happy?”

Joohyun smiled softly. “It is.”

Seungwan decided to do the dishes, while Joohyun watching her from the kitchen island, looking like she was thinking about something, and it just keeps bugging her mind.

“Is it hard?”

Seungwan stopped her movements for a while. “What is it that was hard?” she asked with a little frown.

Joohyun gulped. “This.”

Seungwan seems to understand what she just meant. “Of course it’s hard, unnie. We’re taking care of something alive and need our utmost attention for it to be able to grow up to its potential.”

She stopped before continuing, “But, Seulgi has been so helpful all this time. So, it’s not really that hard for me.”

“Well, if she doesn’t help you, I will kill her by myself.”

Seungwan laughed. “I will let you punish her but please don’t do it to that extent.”

Joohyun just shrugged. “Not going to promise.”

“Why did you ask, by the way? Did you plan something with Sooyoung?”

Seungwan’s question just got answered by silence. She turned around, finding Joohyun with a blush on her face. “Oh my God. You did plan something with her.”

Joohyun seemed to come back after wandering around her thoughts when she heard her. “N-not until that extent! It’s just-“

“It’s just?”

She sighed. She already spilled much. Might as well just spilled it all. “Well, I’m planning to make her move permanently to my place.”

She heard Seungwan gasped. “Wow. Congratulation, unnie.”

“Actually I haven’t asked her yet. I don’t even know if she will agree with this.”

“Of course she will agree. Why won’t she?”

Joohyun just sighed. Don’t know what to answer. Seungwan put the clean dishes into some rack and took a seat beside the sullen woman.

“Look, unnie. Asking your partner to move to your place is one of the most important things in a relationship. And I’m glad you’re going to reach that point with Sooyoung. To answer your concern, of course, there will be that kind of thoughts. But please know this. Sooyoung will gladly accept it. She will be so happy. Trust me, unnie.”

Joohyun smiled while she looks at Seungwan, greeted by her famous blinding wide smile. “I’m so glad to know that slow bear had you to be her lifetime partner. I can’t imagine someone better than you to be by her side.”

Seungwan chuckled sheepishly. “Now you make me flattered.”

Joohyun grabbed Seungwan’s palm, squeeze it softly. “Thanks for your advice, Seungwan-ah. I really need it.”

“Anytime, unnie. Shall we go to them? Somehow it just got pretty quiet and I just have this bad feeling.”

Before Joohyun could reply to her, three loud shrieks piercing through the calm kitchen, answering her instinct once again.

“OH MY GOD!”

“HAHAHAHA I’M SO GOING TO UPLOAD THIS ON MY INSTAGRAM!”

“SEUNGWAN-AAAHHHHH!!!!!”

They both look at each other, sighed defeatedly.

---

Seulgi leaned herself onto the crib, watching their little sunshine who just got to sleep with fondness spilled from her eyes.

The afternoon somehow just got chaotic, until Joohyun giving the three of them a cold glare and successfully shut them up, while Seungwan picking up their daughter carefully, trying to stifle her laughter.

Seulgi sighed just by remembering it. She her hair softly, and leaned in, planting a kiss on her forehead.

“You just make chaos with the aunties, baby. Thank God Mommy is there, or else,” whispered Seulgi, continuing to her daughter’s hair.

“Or else what?” asked someone from behind, who sneaked their hands to be wrapped around Seulgi’s waist, followed by a head tucked on her left shoulder.

She sighed. “Or else all hell’s gonna break loose.”

Seungwan chuckled. “Baby, you’re also screaming until I got her secured.”

Seulgi shut , while Seungwan covers her laugh with her shoulder. “Seriously, I’m taking care of two babies in this house.”

“Stop laughing,” whined Seulgi softly. “And I’m not a baby.”

“Yeah sure.”

They all looking fondly to what’s inside the crib. The source of their happiness. Their bundle of joy.

“She is so beautiful,” sighed Seungwan lovingly.

“Like her moms.”

Seungwan chuckled, deepening her face on the crook of her wife’s neck.

“She got your nose, Seungwannie,” exclaimed Seulgi, booping her daughter’s nose softly.

“And she got your eyes,” said Seungwan.

“Oh, look! She got your fluffy cheeks!” Seulgi pinched her cheek softly.

“Well, she’s our daughter after all.”

Seulgi grinned and leaned in once again to kiss the little bundle’s forehead. “Sleep tight, sugarplum. Sweet dream.”

“Thank you for today, Seul,” said Seungwan after they’re tucked inside their bed.

“Anytime, baby,” answered Seulgi with a peck to her forehead. “And please do not invite Sooyoung and Yerim together again. I barely survived this afternoon.”

Seungwan laughed and latched her lips with Seulgi’s while wrapping her arms onto her wife’s body. “Goodnight, Seul.”

“Goodnight, Wan.”