Ice Cream Cake

Yellow Sun and The Blue Sky

“Okay, and we’re done for today! Thank you, everyone! You can go home now and please be safe on your way home,” announced Wendy while took off her own headphone.

“Uh, Wendy-unnie?” asked someone timidly.

“Yes?” replied her with a smile plastered on her face.

“Do you have a plan for tonight? We’re going to eat at the snack bar near the street down there. And, do you wanna come with us or?”

“Well, I-“ before she could finish, her phones ringing. She looked at the name on the display and her smile widens. “I’m sorry, let me pick up this call first.”

She took off from her seat while bringing her phone. When she thoughts it’s quite far for them to not hear her conversation, she picked up the call. “Hey, baby,” greeted her.

“Hi, sweetheart!” greeted someone from the other end. “Are you still in the recording studio right now?”

“Yes, I just finished recording. You?”

She can feel that her girlfriend nodded before replying to her. “Yup! I just finished doing my shoot. Anyway, can I pick you up?”

“Of course you can,” answered her and then looking at the group of girls who just finished recording with her, talking to each other while waiting for her decision to come along with them or not. An idea struck her mind.

“Wait a minute, baby,” she said before pushing away the phone from her ear, looking to the girls. “Hey, if I added one more person, will that be okay for all of you?”

“Of course, unnie! The more the merrier!” answered one of them, earned a chuckle from Wendy.

“Is there something, Wan?” asked someone from the phone, after she put it back to her ear.

“Do you want to eat, Seulgi-ya?” asked Wendy.

“Well, now that you say it. Yup! Why?”

“The girls just invited me to eat with them. And they say that I can add one more person to our group dinner so, you in?”

“Of course!” answered Seulgi giddily. “Text me the address, I will drive there now.”

“Just come to the studio first, and we will walk together. Yes. See you. Bye,” Wendy ended the call, looking at the girls who now put their attention on her. “You can go to the bar first. I will wait for my girlfriend to come first.”

“Okay, unnie. We will save two seats for both of you!” answered them and leave Wendy alone in the studio.

---

“Say, have you ever saw Wendy-unnie’s girlfriend?” asked Rose, one of the four girls who just ended their recording with Wendy.

“Dunno. Not that I care about that anyway,” Jennie shrugged, drinking her soju in one shot.

“Geez, calm down, Jen. We have all night here,” nagged Jisoo, sipping her soju.

“I heard she said ‘Seulgi’ earlier,” said Lisa nonchalantly, making all of them whipped their heads towards her.

“WHAT?!”

“DID YOU JUST SAY SEULGI?!”

“YOU MEAN KANG FREAKING SEULGI?!?!”

Lisa looked at them, confused at their over-reacted reaction. “I don’t know. Maybe? But I believe she called her Seulgi.”

Jennie leaned herself to the back of the chair. “Oh my God, I can’t believe this.”

Lisa frowned, apparently still confused. “Why? What’s with her?”

Rose grabbed her shoulder, making her having immediate eye contact with each other. “Kang Seulgi, Lisa, is every girl’s dream in South Korea.”

“Huh?” asked Lisa, still confused.

“She’s the most famous photographer in here. Heck, probably in the whole world. Big magazines always trying to use her services for their photoshoot. Someone said that if you didn’t manage to use Seulgi as your photographer, might as well expecting yourself to flop,” explained Rose. Fire can be seen from her eyes.

“And, people talk about how Seulgi is just every woman’s dream. She can easily become a model but, God somehow makes her as a photographer,” Jisoo jumped in while taking bites of her fish cakes.

“I heard that many models trying to hit on her every time they’re having a photo shoot, and she always turns them down. Now I know why,” muttered Jennie, gulping her soju in one shot again.

Rose sighed. “If Wendy-unnie’s girlfriend is really Kang Seulgi, then I don’t know how to act nor how to react.”

“Why? What’s wrong with me?”

They immediately rotate their heads to look at someone who just arrived. Much more like the couple who just arrived.

OH MY GOD, WENDY-UNNIE’S GIRLFRIEND IS REALLY KANG SEULGI!

Seulgi looked at the four girls who reciprocated her stares with their mouth wide open, confusion is evident in her eyes. Wendy, who was standing right behind her, trying to stifle her laughs.

“Okay, guys. You can close your mouth now,” announced her, took a seat right beside Rose, who still looks at her like she was some type of ghost. Seulgi followed her movement, quickly claimed the vacant spot on her left side.

“W-Wendy-unnie? Is that-“

“Ah, yes. Let me introduce her to all of you first. Girls, this is Kang Seulgi, as you already know, my girlfriend. Seulgi, this is the rookie group that I told you two weeks ago, Blackpink.”

Seulgi’s eyes perk up after she said that. “Oh? Wendy told me a lot about all of you! A pleasure for me that I can finally meet you all!” she said, her eyes forming her signature sweet crescent moon every time she smiles.

Her statement was answered by silence. The three girls still looked at her with shock, their mouth still opened. Lisa, the one who didn’t understand the situation at all, decided to step in so they won’t be inside the bubble of awkward. “Are you the famous photographer?” asked Lisa, innocently questioning it.

Seulgi scratched her non-existent itch at the back of her head, trying to ask some help from Wendy, who's busy trying to hold back her laughter, ended up by her getting ignored by her girlfriend. “Um, I don’t know about the famous one but—yeah, I’m a photographer.”

Jennie, who got her mind snapped back to reality when Seulgi said that, decided to speak up. “You’re the most famous photographer in Korea right now, Seulgi-ssi. Everyone that needed some high-quality photography services will immediately contact you!”

“Ah, is that so?” asked Seulgi, who seems pretty oblivious about it. “I don’t know about that. I’m just doing my job. Is that true though, Wan?”

Wendy shrugged. The smile full of mischief plastered on her face. “Dunno. Ask them about it.”

Seulgi pouted. “Yah!”

Wendy’s laughter echoed throughout the bar. “I’m serious, babe! Ask them. I’m going to order now. Tteokbokki?”

Seulgi just continues to pout, yet still, nod at Wendy’s question. Her girlfriend swiftly ordered food and drinks for both of them.

Wendy looked to her right, where the four girls still look at both of them with their weird expression. She sighed, she knew it will be like this.

Wendy knew about how Seulgi is famous in Korea. Heck, she is also inside an entertainment world, of course, she will be updated with this kind of thing. Especially by how many models trying to hit on her girlfriend.

But the way Seulgi reassured her every time her insecurities got her best (and that mind-blowing ) is enough for her to not think about it too much.

“I know you got lots of questions on your head,” started Wendy, making the four girls interested. “So, I will let all of you give us questions everything that’s on your mind. We will answer them with our best.”

“Why they want to question us?” whispered Seulgi right on her ear. Her hot breath immediately contacted her cold ear, making her shiver a bit. She can hear pure confusion from her voice.

She looked at her girlfriend with mischievous in her eyes. “Just let them. They will whine all night long if we don’t give them this chance.”

Seulgi just made a soft ‘Ah…’ before continuing munching her tteokbokki. Wendy glanced at the four girls who looked at them with fire in their eyes. She softly gulped. This night will be a long night.

“So, how did you guys meet?” asked Rose first, who already giddy with excitement by the couples beside her.

“Want me to tell her or you?” asked Wendy softly to the woman she loves beside her.

“Let me,” said Seulgi. “We’re high school friends!”

There is this a couple second silence before Rose deciding to cut through it. “That’s it?” asked her that was followed by Seulgi’s cute nod.

“Well, actually we’re on a different class in high school. And also at the different club. I was training my vocals for a competition that my music club participate to when suddenly she just barged in full of sweats and having this camera sling on her left shoulder,” explained Wendy while remembering the view of Seulgi suddenly barging inside the music club practice room.

Wendy immediately stopped her practiced when she heard the door has been opened quite harshly. She looked at the figure on the door. A rather tall woman with a raven long hair, still trying to catch her breath. Wendy frowned. She didn’t know anything about this girl. She doesn’t even know her.

“Can I help you?” asked Wendy with worry on her face. That girl seems to be running so fast.

The girl tried to catch her breath before she spoke something that makes Wendy a little bit of shock. “Please sing again.”

“What?”

She could catch that the girl gulped before replying to her. “Sing again, please. I wanna hear it live.”

Wendy hesitated for a while, before deciding to sing for this stranger. She could catch the girl whispered “Beautiful,” making her blushed madly.

“Hey! I thought it was meant to be a secret!” protested Seulgi with a cute pout.

“But baby, that is how we met at the first place,” reasoned Wendy, pecking her pouting lips softly.

She can hear a gagged sound behind her.

“Ew, unnie, don’t make babies here,” protested Jennie who quickly downed her soju to again.

“Jennie, I told you we got all night long. Stop drinking so fast,” nagged Jisoo.

“Then how did you two get together?” asked Rose again, ignoring those two behind her.

“It was the end of her national competition, by the way, and she won it of course,” explained Seulgi with adoration in her eyes while looked at Wendy. “I asked her some alone time, giving her a flower bouquet, and asked that important question.”

Wendy smiled softly as she remembered those events.

“You should look at how you killed the stage earlier,” praised Seulgi as they walked together through her high school corridor.

It was the end of the National Singing Competition. Wendy still can’t forget how heavy the trophy is when she cradled it with her small hands. But what makes her heart warm is, when she saw her best friends cheered for her loudly. And one of them needs to be the person Wendy fell in love with.

“Come on, Seulgi. You’re exaggerating.”

“I’m not!” dismissed Seulgi quickly. “Once I finished editing your photos and videos, I will give it to you and uploading it on YouTube, so the world knew your talent.”

Wendy widens her eyes as she heard Seulgi’s sentence that coming out from . “You took pictures of me?”

“Of course I did! That’s why I bring my best camera tonight!” said Seulgi, showing Wendy her camera with full of smiles on her face.

They finally arrived at the auditorium. The once full and crowded auditorium filled with loud and proud cheers, now empty and quiet. There is only a sound of their steps and their voices echoing throughout the large room.

“I can’t believe I made it,” whispered Wendy under her breath, didn’t expect Seulgi to hear it.

“You’re legendary. Of course, you will win.”

Wendy chuckled. “That is, of course, coming out from my number one supporter.”

Wendy was answered by silence. She frowned. Seulgi always answered everything she said even if it is the dumbest one. She turned around, only to be greeted by a beautiful flower bouquet.

“Congratulations on your win tonight,” congratulate Seulgi as she hands her the bouquet.

Wendy was speechless. She took the flower bouquet carefully. “Thank you. Thank you so much.”

Seulgi put her hands in her pocket. She gulped, trying to wash off her nervousness. “You like it?”

Wendy frowned. “Like it? No,” Seulgi was about to pout when she heard what Wendy said next. “I love it. So much.”

A wide smile quickly bloomed at Seulgi’s face when she looked at Wendy who tries to smell the flowers lovingly before it quickly changed to a nervous one. And that doesn’t go unnoticed by Wendy.

“What’s wrong, Seul? You look so uptight tonight?” asked Wendy out of concern while grasped Seulgi’s hand, making her stiff.

Seulgi took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down before speaking. “I-I’ve been wanting to ask you something.”

Wendy smiled, her palm softly, trying to make her better, when it’s clearly the opposite. “Of course. What is it?”

She looked straight to her eyes. Determination is oozing out from it, with a pinch of love between it, making Wendy a bit squirmed from her intense glare. “From the first day I met you—wait, scratch that. From the very first time I’m barging inside the practice room, I have this feeling.”

“What feeling?” asked Wendy that sounded more like a whisper.

“That I’m going to fall so hard for this girl and I will try my best to make her mine.”

Wendy’s breath hitched at . Her eyes widen. Seulgi gulped, trying to gather her courage, before saying the most important line of her life.

“Wendy Son, aka Son Seungwan, will you be my girlfriend?”

Wendy still remembers how she quickly hugged Seulgi at that time, making the flower bouquet broke. But it’s worth it, as Seulgi always makes sure to give her a lovely flower bouquet every year at their anniversary.

“Poor flowers,” said Lisa with a sad tone after hearing Wendy’s story, earning her a jab from Jisoo. “What? The flower got squeezed!”

“Out of all things she just said to us, and you pointed that out?!” protested Jisoo.

“You don’t feel poor for the bouquet? I bet it’s pretty expensive, though,” reasoned Lisa.

“Well, now that you mentioned it, I remember that it cost my weekly allowance,” voiced Seulgi out, making Wendy quickly snapped her head to her.

“Why did I just know about this now?”

Seulgi gave her an awkward smile. “I don’t want to make you worry.”

Wendy pouted, making her laugh. She quickly kissed the pout away. “Forget it. The result of it is pretty good, you know? I got you as mine now.”

“Ew stop being cheesy!”

“Oh God, someone please erase that from my mind.”

“I said STOP MAKING BABIES IN FRONT OF US!!”

“Awww, so sweet!”

Wendy ignored the commotion behind her as she looked at her girlfriend lovingly, who reciprocated her stare by doing the same. She looked at the four girls with apologize stare. “Okay, I only allowed one more question for tonight’s QnA session.”

They groaned and fell into silence as they tried to think about what is this one completely important question before Lisa decided to drop the bomb and asked something that make the whole customer inside that store (which is just them by the way) shocked.

“How did you do your first night, by the way?”

The couples, who trying to drink their soju calmly, quickly choked on it. Seulgi coughing so hard while Wendy did it softly, a blush crept on both of their cheeks quickly. Obviously not from the soju they just choked on.

“LISA!” protested the three girls, evident blush on their cheeks. The said girl just answered them with an innocent blink.

Wendy heard knocking from her shared dorm door with Irene, one of her high school best friend who also turned out as her college best friend, decided to open it. She quickly greeted by the face of her seemingly distressed girlfriend, who tries to catch her breath. Her mind wanders to their first time meeting each other, before shook her head softly, trying to erase the image and focused on the woman in front of her. “What are you doing here, Seulgi?”

“Want to meet you,” answered Seulgi between her breaths.

“It’s already night. Irene-unnie soon will arrive here and-“

“She stayed at my dorm tonight, with Joy,” cut Seulgi quickly. “Can I come inside?”

Wendy sighed. She moved herself to the side, letting Seulgi strode in. She was about to walk to the sofa in the living room when Seulgi stops her with her voice.

“Irene-unnie told me everything.”

Of course, she did, Wendy thought. She kept rooted at her spot, not minding for a second to turn around and face Seulgi.

She can hear soft steps move behind her. Her back quickly basked by a warm presence as she is sure that Seulgi currently standing right behind her. She can hear her soft, quick breaths, still trying to catch it.

Wendy sighed. “It’s dumb, Seulgi. Just forget it-“

“No, it’s not dumb,” cut Seulgi once again. “I can’t let my girlfriend get distressed because of me.”

Seulgi held her arm, making her turned around. A fire of determination is lit up inside the monolid’s eyes. “Tell me. We promised to share everything with each other, remember?”

Wendy bit her lip that not goes unnoticed by Seulgi. She realized that the slightly taller girl gaze somehow changed for a second, but she decided not to think much about it. “It’s just, some dumb insecurities of mind.”

“It’s never dumb if it’s about you, Wan,” replied Seulgi softly.

Wendy shook her head. “No, you don’t know Seulgi. You know nothing.”

“Then tell me!” said Seulgi with desperation. “I will never know if you never tell me anything, Seungwan!”

Something inside Wendy snapped. “All people, like clearly all people around me, said that I’m not that worthy of you and that you should found someone else that’s better than me! And you know what, I guess they were right all this time!”

Seulgi furrows her eyebrows. She doesn’t like this version of her girlfriend. “Who? Who told you that?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care!” stated Wendy, slightly raising her voice before she broke into sobs. “I’m just a nobody who got herself a famous and hot girlfriend and people just mad about it and I-“

Seulgi cut her with a sudden kiss. She kissed her so hard, trying to pass her what she had inside her heart all this time while she spends some time with her. Love.

“Please don’t care about them,” Seulgi said when she broke off their kiss, trying to catch her breath while wiping her tears off from her cheeks. “Just know that all this time I’m just looking at you and only you. There is no other woman who could replace you inside my heart. I know it’s hard to erase that feeling, but please know that you’re the only one. The real apple of my eyes.”

Seulgi latched her lips to her once again, as they quickly moved in sync with needs. The cold night started to shift to hot that fast. Outfits that scattered around the floor. The tangled bedsheets and bed cover. Loud moans that filled the entire dorm that night.

Wendy quickly coughed as she remembered that. “That is a private question so I won’t share it.”

Lisa pouted while the rest girls groaned. “You just wasted our last chance, Lisa!”

“I’m sorry, okay! She said we can ask everything!”

As they continued to bickers, Seulgi decided to stop them with a cough, which is the right move considering they quickly stop it. She grinned at them. “I’m having fun tonight with you guys. So, eat freely. I’m going to pay for all of it.”

They cheered immediately and in sync saying ”Thank you!” loudly, making Seulgi shook her head with a smile plastered on her face. Wendy looked at her lovingly. “Always being the generous one in an event like this.”

“I’m just trying to impress them.”

“You already impressed them by being here. Let’s share the bills, okay? They eat a lot, like a particular person who somehow seated beside me.”

Seulgi grinned and stole kisses to her lips. “Let me. I want to treat you, too.”

Wendy just shook her head as she ate her tteokbokki peacefully. Remind her to always be grateful that she got herself a really cool girlfriend

---

Wendy sighed as soon as she seated on the sofa at their shared apartment living room, finally got time to rest. She was about to call her girlfriend to join her when she realized that she’s gone. She furrowed her eyebrows. “Seulgi?”

A flower bouquet suddenly filled her vision. She looked to her right, finding Seulgi who currently smiling widely like some proud girlfriend. She just laughed, took the bouquet happily. “Thanks for the flowers.”

“Well, a beautiful woman deserves a flower in the first place.”

Wendy just chuckled at her cheesy replies, before something strikes her mind. “Wait, it’s not our anniversary yet.”

“Mhm.”

“And it’s not my birthday.”

“Yup.”

“And there is clearly nothing special happened to me today.”

“Well, I’m something that clearly special to you, but I will brush that off.”

“Then, why?”

Seulgi chuckled. “Go read the letter.”

Wendy frowned, looking at the bouquet once again, found a letter inside it. She took it, carefully put the bouquet beside her, trying to open the envelope. To: My Significant Other. The One Who Owned The Half of My Soul. That was what written on the envelope.

Wendy smiled while reading that, took out the paper inside that make her gasped as quick as she reads it.

Turn to your right. You will find someone on her one knee, holding a thing that was round and shiny at the top part.

She quickly looked at her right, finding Seulgi already on one knee, holding the most beautiful ring she ever laid her eyes on. Her breath hitched. is opened. Her eyes widen.

Seulgi chuckled at the sight in front of her, mostly because she is so nervous now. “I’ve been planning to do this from months ago. If Irene-unnie, Joy, and Yeri didn’t push me so hard to do this, I don’t think tonight I will be like this.”

Her speech just answered by silence from her, who clearly still in her state of shock. Seulgi took a deep breath before continuing. “I need to say thank you to that girls, though. They clearly stalling some time for me so I won’t be that nervous. But who am I kidding, I’m still this nervous.”

She looked at her right in the eyes. “Every day I spent together with you it’s always made me sure that you’re the one for me. That’s why I really want to make you officially mine for a long time. But I need to make sure that we already lived in our best life. And I decided, that tonight, is the right time.”

She grasped the ring’s box tightly and gulped before asking the sacred question. “Wendy Son, aka Son Seungwan. The one who owned me. Who steals my heart with such ease. The only woman who I love so much until now. Will you marry me?”

“Yes! Yes, oh my God Seulgi, yes!!”

Seulgi cracked the biggest smile of her life, slipped the ring carefully to her ring finger before brought her closer to kiss her addictive lips.

“Stop crying, beautiful. This is clearly out of my intention,” chuckled Seulgi as she wiped the tears on her cheeks softly.

“Damn it, Seulgi. You always surprise me with this kind of thing,” protested Wendy playfully. Seulgi just laughed, brought her fingers close to her lips as she kissed the ring on her finger. “It’s beautiful.”

“Not as beautiful as you,” Seulgi cheekily replied, making her laughed.

Wendy kissed her lips softly. Feelings overflowed as their kiss deepens. “I love you, Kang Seulgi.”

“I love you too, Wendy Son Seungwan,” replied Seulgi, making her laughed once again because she combined her names into one sentence, as she kissed her again, making the night hotter and much wonderful as it’s already been.

Because love is just as sweet as ice cream cake. Maybe much sweeter.