The exchange part two

Relay of the Heart

Staring at the old pair of sneakers on the floor Sooyoung holds her phone to her chest. Soobin, the girl that she was rooming with asks her one more time, “yo you sure you don’t wanna go eat with us? We going to that chicken place.” Sooyoung sighs and looks at the senior. 

Soobin was the best hurdler on the team, she was also the girl Sooyoung got along with the most. She didn’t really talk to her that much, but that’s why they worked.   

Another reason why they worked is Soobin didn’t bother her about Jinsoul, didn’t or make fun unlike Seulgi and Jeonghwa who would make kissing noises at her and tell her she’s whipped. 

Sooyoung wasn’t for sure what that meant, but she couldn’t deny that she was obsessed with Jinsoul. 

It’s been two days without her, Sooyoung was waiting for her call. “I’ll catch y’all later I promise.”  

Soobin shrugs, “aight I’m out.”  

Sooyoung sighs almost pathetically, Jinsoul had called her last night. Sooyoung wasn’t that tired so they had spent hours just babbling to each other until Soobin told her to hang up or really shut the up I’m trying to sleep when it was a bit after midnight. It was past nine now and Jinsoul had promised to call again. 

Today the first set of events happened but Sooyoung wasn’t a part of any of them. It was mostly jumping and hurdling. Stuff like that, she had gotten pretty tired however just standing out in the sun all day supporting her teammates. Sooyoung wanted to tell Jinsoul all about it. 

Getting impatient she stands and adjusts her hat, the one that Jinsoul had gotten her and throws the hood of her jacket over her head. Maybe she should just give Jinsoul some space tonight, Sooyoung knew she was starting to get a bit...needy. Maybe she needed some space as well.   

Pulling on her old sneakers she smiles a bit. These were so much more comfortable than those Jordans, but Sooyoung liked how they looked on her feet. However, earlier this week, when she had broken up with Rose...even though she couldn’t say they were dating. She had packed all the things the girl had gotten her in a box. Sooyoung was going to return the things, she thought it would be rude to keep them.  

Now she was wearing her old things...and some of the things that Jinsoul had gotten her or given to her. Like this hat, which was given to her on one of the best days of her life. And this jacket which was Jinsoul’s and smelled just like her. Sooyoung refused to take it off no matter how hot it got.  

Tonight was kinda chilly though, so the jacket proved useful. But it made Sooyoung miss Jinsoul even more as she wrapped it around her waist.  

Walking down the streets she texts one of her teammates for the location. Sooyoung groans when she sees it’s a 15 minute walk. Their coach really didn’t give a of what they did, as long as they was back in the rooms by curfew. So usually the team would go out and mingle in the streets when they traveled. State was probably the highlight of the year.  

Sooyoung checks her phone one more time, wishing Jinsoul would hit her line up.  

Clicking her tongue she shoves it into the pocket of her jeans. She’d send a text when she got back. 

One hundred miles away, Jinsoul is sprinting home with her bags in hand. She had a suit on and it was falling apart. She had a little academic practice match this evening and it lasted way longer than she intended. Jinsoul had to make a couple of things, her brother’s birthday dinner, her favorite show that was coming on soon and finally...her call to Sooyoung. 

As she’s slinging her bag back and forth she chants out of breath, “please don’t be mad please don’t be mad please don’t be mad…” Her Dad had offered her a ride but she refused. She could make it home in the time she would be waiting on him to come.  

Busting through the gate she makes it just in time to hear them singing happy birthday inside. Dropping her bags she waddles into the kitchen to see her brother bouncing in the seat. He was turning fourteen today. Jinsoul leans on the entrance frame and waves at him when he smiles. 

Jinsoul avoids most of the questions of her family members as she sneaks a piece or two of cake on her plate. Questions that kinda makes her nervous, like how was school going, was she going to get a job this summer and mostly. 

Do you have a boyfriend? 

Jinsoul’s family knew that she was...gay as hell. But her outer family was still oblivious about her acute liking to girl. She was glad none of them saw her room filled with posters cute anime girls, magazine cut outs of drama actresses in the 90’s and way too many pictures of Kwon Yuri.  

Making her way down the hall her brother follows her as well. Already tired of the party that was meant for him. Jinsoul slips into her room and accidentally smashes his fingers in the door. 

His edgy screaming gets on her nerves so she drags him to shut him up. “Haechan what did I tell you about coming into my room!”   

The boy groans and goes to flop on her bed, “that I’m not allowed in the magical chambers of the almighty Jindori.” Jinsoul nods seriously before putting her plate stacked high of cake down.  

“Exactly, so you’re only allowed in such a place because it is the day you pushed your fat head out of our mom’s poor-“ 

“Please don’t say it.” Jinsoul raises a brow and shrugs and shoves some of the cake in . She waits for her brother to leave, he clearly wanted something. When she finds out however she wants to gag, “did Sooyoung say anything about my birthday?” 

Haechan knew all about Sooyoung but...Sooyoung only knew his name. Jinsoul tried to keep the two as strangers even when Sooyoung had came over a few times. Haechan would spy on them and later rant about how hot Jinsoul’s friend was.  

Jinsoul smiles to herself. 

“Nope!” 

The boy groans again and covers his face with a pillow. 

Twirling in her chair she eyed the clock on her dual screen computer. 9:30 at night. Damn it was getting late. She had missed her show and she was sure Sooyoung was waiting on a call.  

“I was just about to call her so if you could off I would be very happy.” Haechan raises up on the bed and picks up squirtle, Jinsoul suddenly gets very overprotective. “You put him down right now.” Haechan stares at the blue plushie before pretending that he’s gonna spit on it. 

Jinsoul tugs it out of his hands and protectively wraps it up in her arms. “If you don’t leave right now I’m telling Mom you used her credit card to buy !” Haechan suddenly panics and gives Jinsoul a pleading look. Jinsoul could remember how embarrassing it was explaining to her mom that Lemon Stealing  was just an obscene band she listened to.  

With her brother finally gone and her door locked she hugs and kisses squirtle, yes maybe Jinsoul pretended it was Sooyoung because they were definitely the cutest, Sooyoung being the cuter one, so she poured her affection into it while Sooyoung was gone.  

Putting squirtle back on his throne of pillows she goes back to her computer and unlocks her phone before setting it up. Looking at her reflection in the mirror she makes sure she’s presentable enough before finding Sooyoung’s name. 

Calling...Ha Sooyoung daBaby 

Sooyoung is walking back to the hotel with a few of her teammates when her phone starts buzzing. Pulling it out with the speed of light she smiles at the contact pic. It was one of the photobooth pictures from the mall. The one when Jinsoul had kissed all over her face. 

My girl  

Falling behind she calls out to her crew, “my girl is calling I’ll catch y’all back up at the hotel.” Sooyoung is giving wolf whistles and boos before the team leaves her behind. Sooyoung walks to a fountain in the middle of the plaza and sits on the edge before answering. 

As soon as the call goes through Sooyoung is met with an image of Jinsoul shoving cake in . The girl freezes mid bite with wide eyes before fitting it all in and hiding her face. Sooyoung instantly protests, “noooo come back!” She hears coughing from the other line and starts to feel the butterflies erupt in her tummy. 

The smile was already stuck on her face, the giddiness replacing the disappointment that was just there moments ago. Sooyoung knew she had it bad for this girl. It was gonna kill her one of these days.   

Jinsoul pops back up in the screen wiping at her lips. Sooyoung can’t help but giggle, Jinsoul looked too pretty today. She had some kind of dress suit on and her tie was loosely hanging around on her neck. Bringing her face closer to the screen she tries to pick out every detail of Jinsoul’s face, “god you’re so beautiful.”  

“Don’t start.” Jinsoul lowley mumbles but Sooyoung can see the blush on her cheeks. Jinsoul takes her glasses off and gets close to the screen as well. Her feet kicking underneath her desk from how cute the athlete looked in the darkness. Sooyoung was wearing her hat and it made her ears poke out, her cheeks were plump as her lips and her eyes were tiny little half moons from how hard she was cheesing. “Hi Sooyoung, sorry I just got home or I would h-.” 

“It’s okay, you’re here now.”

There’s a sense of sentiment behind the words and it has Jinsoul swooning.  

“Sooo.” Jinsoul pans off and starts to take her clothes. Untying her tie she watches as Sooyoung nibbles at her lips, “how was your day.” Sooyoung instantly starts to ramble out cutely and Jinsoul pays close attention to every word. She makes sure to ask Sooyoung questions and to comment on everything that sounds important. Getting ready for bed Jinsoul talks about her own day and gets the same treatment except Sooyoung is way more charming than her and every remark and tease has Jinsoul blushing all the way down her neck. 

Sooyoung could listen to Jinsoul all day. 

Her soothing voice was addicting, just like everything else about the girl. 

It felt like a sugar rush only thinking of her. 

Jinsoul hardly can get everything out without wanting to squeal, some of the things Sooyoung said was too much for her heart. Lying in her bed she hides her face from Sooyoung who was begging to see it again. 

Finally turning to the screen she watches as Sooyoung looks around, presumably to cross the street. The athlete at her lips and the action makes Jinsoul hum out. Sometimes it was unfair how attractive Sooyoung could be without doing anything. 

Sooyoung thought the same about Jinsoul.  

She doesn’t understand how someone as goofy as Jinsoul can turn a certain angle and look ten times better than a top model.  

“I can’t wait to come home.” Jinsoul turns her head at Sooyoung’s words. She rubs at her cheek and watches carefully as Sooyoung wobbles on the screen, probably from walking. When it’s silent for too long Sooyoung looks down and smiles when she makes contact with Jinsoul. 

Both of their chests bloom from the feelings of longing. It’s familiar and all the more new.  

Jinsoul reflects Sooyoung’s smile, “why’s that?”  

Sooyoung in some air and pretends to think about it before telling her, “there’s this girl I like and when I come back I really wanna see her. I can’t wait.” Jinsoul doesn’t expect such a bold statement and frowns. Until she shakes her head because she knew that she and...wait.

“Oh?” Jinsoul decides to play along and learns that Sooyoung is really playful when she wants to be. 

The girl in the hat nods her head excitedly, “yeah I knew I was going to miss her but damn I can’t stop thinking about her.” Sooyoung looks down on the screen and snorts when she sees only half of Jinsoul’s face. “She’s super cute and wears these glasses that sometimes fall down to her nose...it’s so cute, I just have the urge to squeeze her cheeks.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes and groans into her pillow, she hates when Sooyoung has that teasing tone to her voice.  

“She sounds kinda lame,” Jinsoul deadpans out.  

Sooyoung suddenly stops walking, “no she’s not she’s the most amazing girl I’ve ever met how dare you say that about her.” Jinsoul blinks at Sooyoung’s seriousness and keeps quiet. “And she makes me feel amazing too.” Sooyoung grumbles out still sticking to her role.  

“Yeah? I have this sense that you make her feel amazing too.”  

Sooyoung then smiles at Jinsoul’s words, “I hope so, I’m trying hard to show her how special she is. I think I have to try harder.” Jinsoul nods, tears prick at her eyes. Sooyoung was really thoughtful sometimes and it made her heart throb. “I-I think she deserves the world really.” Sooyoung mumbles out as she walks back into the hotel. 

Jinsoul sighs and clenches at her chest, she wishes Sooyoung was back already. “She also is helping me pass math that’s like the coolest thing ever .” They both laugh as Sooyoung gets into the elevator. “Maybe I’ll start failing on purpose so she’ll have to tutor me again.” Jinsoul covers her face with her hand as she tries to get rid of the ache in her heart.   

Shaking her head Jinsoul cautiously asks, “what else do you like about her?”  

Sooyoung thinks a minute and walks out into the hallway, going over to the windows to look over into the city, “she cares about a lot of things that most people don’t even take the time to even think about.” 

“Got corny jokes but her laugh is cute enough to get a pass, sometimes makes these funny noises.” Pulling her hat off she scratches at her head. 

Smirking down at her phone she winks at Jinsoul as she says it, “she’s so damn foine too Jinsoul you don’t even understand.” Sooyoung rubs down her face like she was dying, she really was, because Jinsoul was a little too fine.  

“Most of all though is how kind she is. I’ve never met someone as patient and supportive as her. You can’t find someone that genuine these days, she’s truly one of a kind.” Sooyoung ends with a softness to her voice.  

Jung Jinsoul was a hidden person, someone who a lot of people would miss the chance of meeting. Sooyoung felt bad for those people, because they wouldn’t never get to experience the warmth Jinsoul naturally gives.  

“You’re tew much Ha Sooyoung.”   

Walking back to her room Sooyoung eagerly asks, “you think she likes me back?”   

Jinsoul is quiet for a few seconds before answering, “I am 100% positive she likes you back.” Sooyoung squeezes her fist and does a little hop on her way back to her room. She knows Jinsoul isn’t dense, Jinsoul likes her back. 

Jung Jinsoul likes her back.

“So if I were to ask her to kiss me you think she would?” Sooyoung stops and stares down at the phone, she thought about kissing Jinsoul a lot more these past few days. Just wanting to feel how soft those lips were and how sweet her lip gloss tasted.

Jinsoul’s voice croaks, “what kinda kiss?”  

Sooyoung is quick to answer, “one that involves my lips against hers...plus the ones on my cheek, I really like those already.” Jinsoul is blood red and she can’t look at Sooyoung. The girl holds her breath as she waits for the answer. She hopes Jinsoul isn’t thinking that Sooyoung likes her...only as a friend. Sure, Sooyoung wouldn’t mind being just friends, but the way she was hinting went beyond that.  

“Lips to lips huh?” 

“Yeah.” 

“Sooyoung.” 

“Yeah.” 

“Goodnight.” 

The screen goes black then and Sooyoung stares with a wide mouth. Jinsoul just hung up on her, quickly she calls back but the call is declined.   

[To:My Girl]: hello? Jinsoul where did you go? 

[My Girl]: yes, I think she would kiss you, a lot 

Sooyoung bites at her lip and types furiously.

[To: My Girl]: I think so too…anyways can you call me back?  

[My Girl]: no, I’m falling asleep as I type this 

Sooyoung then starts to blow Jinsoul’s phone up, repeating her name and please over again but the girl doesn’t budge. So instead Sooyoung asks her for some pictures she can stare at. Jinsoul breaks her silence by sending Sooyoung a selfie. Sooyoung simply asks for more...and she gets cuter selfies. She adds them all to her collection she was hoarding.  

Sooyoung is about to go into her room until she gets another text. 

[My girl]: spare me one too pwease. 

Smiling she breaks into her room to see Soobin already asleep, Sooyoung takes some, she’s really bad at taking selfies but sends to them Jinsoul anyways.  

As she’s getting for bed she thinks Jinsoul’s really went asleep from how quiet she’s being until she gets a call. 

Answering with the speed of light her heart flutters at sleepy voice. 

“Goodnight Sooyoung…” 

Sooyoung twirls around and whispers out. 

“Goodnight Jinsoul.” 

I can’t wait to see you..” 

~~~~ 

Jinsoul has her face down in her deck, furiously working on some homework so she didn’t have to do any later. Music was usually just a free period, Jinsoul sometimes liked playing guitar, so she easily got into the class. 

Pushing up her glasses she realizes that her tongue was poking up. A bad habit of hers when she’s focused. 

Sooyoung had once pointed it out when they were studying after school. 

Smiling she checks her phone. 

[Ha Sooyoung daBaby]: just had two chicken wraps  

Jinsoul eagerly returns a message or two. She was still working on her research of Sooyoung’s metabolism.  

As Jinsoul is having a competition with Sooyoung in which whoever can send the most hearts, a shadow appears over her. Jinsoul glances up, “hey can you help me?” It’s Kim Jungeun, her used to be crush. If she could really say that now, after experiencing Sooyoung. 

Jinsoul clicks her phone off and follows Jungeun to her corner of the room. It seems innocent at first, Jungeun just needs some help reading the music. But as Jinsoul further explains she notices how close Jungeun is getting. 

And how the hand on her leg is squeezing a little too tight. Jinsoul swallows from the uneasy feeling in her tummy. Jungeun’s hand moves to her hip and she’s pulled into a half embrace, “I think I’m starting to get it.” Jinsoul blows out of her nose. 

She could tell when someone was genuinely confused. She’s taught a good amount of people. The only thing Jungeun needed a lesson on was respecting boundaries. 

Suddenly her glasses are pulled off and Jinsoul clinched the sheet paper in her hands. Jungeun stares right at her, “god you’re so beautiful.” It’s so familiar and alien at the same time.  

Sooyoung’s said those words before, just last night actually. But these words from Jungeun don’t fill her chest with butterflies and give her tummy twists. 

Jerking her glasses out of the girl’s hand she stands to give the rest of the lesson. 

Jungeun seems upset by the lack of contact. But Jinsoul knew it was dangerous. 

She knew how rumors could spread. And she knew if someone paid a little too much attention to their moment just then… 

Jinsoul only had her eyes on one person. 

And she was entirely too far away. 

~~~~ 

Packing up her things Jinsoul rubs at her temples, today was a bit too much for her. But really that was everyday, it’s just Sooyoung has been a great help of distracting Jinsoul from all the snide remarks she gets on the daily.  

No matter how many times she got bullied, Sooyoung was there to cheer her up. Sometimes even there to stop it. 

Although after the spring sporting events Jinsoul has notice a lot more people have steered clear of her. 

But not all of them, Jinsoul jumps back when her locker is slammed closed. Who the hell be slamming her locker like this? Who she make mad today. 

Jinsoul smiles when she sees the in question.  

The in question: Miss Australia herself. 

“We need to talk.”

Jinsoul tilts her head, “about?” 

Rose wanted to play who’s the baddest . Jinsoul didn’t mind to roll the dice. Rose rolls her eyes, “you know what.”  

“Then let’s talk.” 

Jinsoul leans against the lockers and waits for Rose, “okay smartass, let's just get straight to the point, I want whatever brainwashing you’ve done to Sooyoung to stop.”  

She really tries to remain serious but Jinsoul starts to laugh, “ I’m not brainwashing Sooyoung.”  

“You clearly are because why would someone  like Ha Sooyoung ever like a loser like you?” Jinsoul frowns and almost falls into her insecurities, that was what exactly what Rose wanted however. “You’re not pretty, you’re lame, and you’ll never meet her expectations. She deserves someone who is on her level, not some lowlife like you.” Jinsoul holds her head up high, but Rose’s words start to get to her. They dig deep.  

But then again, Sooyoung promised that she was special. Jinsoul knew that even before Sooyoung that she was a special person, it just that no one really saw that. That was until Sooyoung. “It’s simple Ruth, you’re the lowlife.” 

“I treat Sooyoung like a person instead of a trophy, she doesn’t need anyone, but she wants me.” Stepping closer to Rose she fights back tears, “because I care about her and she cares about me.” Rose is seething in anger but she keeps her calm.  

“Have you noticed how much she smiles now? She’s happy Ruth just-“ 

“My name is not RUTH!” 

“Anyways...she’s happy, leave her alone. Let her do what she wants. You Lose Reba.”  

Jinsoul then turns to leave, she’s feeling pretty confident but Rose gets in one more word in, “she was just using you.” 

Freezing in her steps she allows the girl to say something Jinsoul never really wanted to hear, “she told me the same things Jinsoul, that I was special, she used to smile too when I was with her but one day she...stopped.” Rose isn’t telling the truth but Jinsoul doesn’t need to know that. “She told me that she just needed you to pass math and was just going to ghost you whenever she’s was done, now she’s just playing you Jinsoul. You’re only fun for her.”

“Just like I was and now look at me. So many girls...Jinsoul just ask around, she’s not as perfect as she may seem.” 

Jinsoul shakes her head, Sooyoung was perfect. She was worth it. 

“I’m heartbroken.” Rose chokes on a sob and Jinsoul walks away. Tears falling down her face as well. She wipes at them as she hears rose groan out, “she may seem like she loves you Jinsoul but she doesn’t!”  

Please stop.  

“We’re not so different! You and I!” Rose yells one more time before letting the shake in her chest take over. She felt so stupid for letting Sooyoung slip through her fingers, all she could do is convince Jinsoul to do the same. 

Jinsoul hiccups as she turns the hall. Sooyoung meant what she said, so why was Jinsoul doubting it so much. Why was she so scared? She just needed to hear Sooyoung’s voice, to hear those reassuring words.  

She likes you it’s okay. 

Or is it? 

What if Rose was telling the truth? Jinsoul stops, before shaking her head. No way was that girls words had an ounce of honesty.  

Jinsoul needed to know how Sooyoung felt. Straight up, she didn’t want to play around anymore. 

She needed to know. 

~~~~ 

Staring into her mirror Jinsoul cheers herself up, “you are special...no matter what anyone says.” 

“Not even Sooyoung.” Jinsoul mumbles out breathlessly. “You’re not a loser, you’re just a bit weird that’s all.” Jinsoul’s lip quivers for a moment and then she’s crying again. Jinsoul turns in her seat, she had one ugly crying face. 

Jinsoul was okay with herself, but she was still a bit in pain over what Rose had said to her. She let it get under her skin. 

Just like Rose wanted. 

She couldn’t even bring herself to call Sooyoung. Just the thought of them not working out made her want to throw up. Jinsoul hated being a teenager in love. Stomping on the ground she screams out.  

Jinsoul spots the squirtle in her little tantrum. 

“YOU!” 

Picking the thing up she squeezes it and shakes, “STOP LOOKING AT ME! I KNOW I’M DUMB!” God...Jinsoul was going crazy. 

Because the squirtle says something, it’s nothing like his regular smoker mom who lives in a travel trailer voice, but the voice that speaks is like silk.  

“Jung Jinsoul I wish you were mine already.”  

Blushing she examines the squirtle and listens to the voice again. Jinsoul blushes as she subconsciously squeezes the squirtle close to her chest. It was Sooyoung’s voice...Sooyoung’s soft voice.  

Her tears dry as she listens to the sentence over and over again. Bouncing onto her bed she shuffles under the covers. Checking her phone she sees she’s missed a few calls from Sooyoung. Jinsoul honestly didn’t want to talk right now, she needed a clear head.  

So instead she goes to this ominous message she has on Instagram. 

[FruitybatChoerry]: took me forever to find you! My name is Choi Yerim! Sales associate at Build a bear workshop :D kekeke Anyways you’re girlfriend came by the other day and made you this adorable squirtle friend!  

Jinsoul chews at her lips, her girlfriend huh, Ha Sooyoung...her girlfriend.  

[FruitybatChoerry]: I’m so jealous of you! I wish someone liked me this much 3 You gf absolutely adores you! She was even nervous telling me about you but I’m super good at reading people trust me :3 she likes LIKES you...seriously maybe too much… n e ways 

[FruitybatChoerry]: build a bear technology is not advanced so [recording attached] this is the rest of her speech that even made me swoon! And I’m not even gay...but! You guys are really cute ;( I wish a long and happy life to you both xD 

Jinsoul is raised up in her bed by the time she reads all the messages, god this girl talked a lot. But her heart was racing. Sooyoung adores her? The rest of her speech? 

Preparing herself by cocooning herself in her blankets she plays the voice recording.  

Jinsoul clings to squirtle and tightly holds onto her phone. 

I think I’m falling in love with you. 

“Oh Sooyoung…”  

I think I am too.  

~~~~ 

“Hey Sooyoung...you okay?” Soobin regrets asking the question when she sees Sooyoung’s lip quiver. Just like a baby. Soobin was a bit confused, her junior had always been this stone cold athlete, misunderstood as a . But this was just a poor baby. 

Patting on Sooyoung’s shoulder she tries to comfort the girl.  

It was Saturday, Sooyoung has went two days, two nights without a call from Jinsoul. Barely even texting, Sooyoung was so sad, she even cried when she won her races yesterday.  

They were going to state, which of course made her happy. She’d get a full ride to college if she made it to nationals and did well. But that also meant another week without Jinsoul. 

Sooyoung has blown up Jinsoul’s phone to insanity. Today she hasn’t done anything, Sooyoung didn’t text Jinsoul and the girl mirrored her actions. 

One hundred miles away Jinsoul is happily munching on some cereal as she rewatches Sooyoung’s races. She had watched the live stream with Jiwoo and Heejin yesterday at lunch and they cheered the athlete on receiving stares from the entire cafeteria. Jinsoul had to fan herself from how hot Sooyoung looked. 

There was one point were the girl had glared straight into the camera and made Heejin pass out while the other two drooled. Jinsoul can remember Jiwoo trying to bring their friend back to life while she was entranced by Sooyoung. “HOT DAMN!” Jiwoo was then taking care of two fainted girls since Jinsoul couldn’t handle Sooyoung lifting her shirt to wipe the sweat off her face… 

Jinsoul is replaying that highlight now, wiggling in her seat as she stares at Sooyoung’s abs, “hmm!” Jinsoul nods her head. “Yup…” She rewinds it one more time just to make sure it was burned into her memory.  

She had completely forgotten about Rose, the last thing she needed was to doubt Sooyoung. That was probably the most annoying thing to do in a new relationship. She needed to trust Sooyoung and she did a lot. Sooyoung has never done her wrong. 

Sighing out she rests her cheek in her hand as she watches Sooyoung’s post run interview, the girl was smiling as she talked breathing a bit heavily from exhaustion. Jinsoul melts into her seat, Sooyoung was so dreamy, her friends were right.  

Jinsoul feels her heart break as the camera pans away with Sooyoung cutely waving.  

Finishing her cereal, she can’t wait to call Sooyoung tonight.

“Come on Sooyoung it’s our last night here let’s go have some fun.” Sooyoung shakes her head, she was just gonna mope around and make up scenarios in her head about her and Jinsoul to take away this sadness. “COME ON!” Sooyoung is being dragged out without her phone and she can’t do anything about it.  

She tries to break free but soon she’s being swept up by the rest of the team. 

~~~~ 

Hours later Jinsoul is listening to music, the sun was finally down and she had caught up on all her shows. The playlist she was listening to was one that Sooyoung made for her… 

It was full of love songs and some that Jinsoul would not want to comment on.  

Jinsoul sings to the tune of fantasy by Mariah Carey, folding her clothes into a basket. 

Sooyoung is stumbling into her room a bit tipsy. She had sung her heart out at karaoke and drunk the mystery drinks some of the girl’s gave her. She’s only been drunk once before and that was when she first started talking to Rose and the girl had begged her to come to a party. 

She had left without saying anything. Rose yelled at her the next day but there was a rumor going around that Sooyoung had left because Rose was making out with Lisa. 

It didn’t upset her at all, she wasn't sure why she was hanging out with Rose. 

What did upset her however… 

“Jinsoul why haven’t you called me!” Sooyoung is now staring at the girl on the screen who looked a bit surprised to see her call being answered in a split second. Sooyoung’s pout is strong but Jinsoul notices the way the girl is swaying. 

Carefully picking her words she tries to tease, “I was trying to make you miss me.” 

Sooyoung groans and starts to literally cry, “I already miss you!” Sooyoung whines out and falls to her mattress. The room was spinning and so was her head. “I miss you so much…”

Jinsoul has never seen Sooyoung so upset but it was adorable. Her cheeks were puffed up and her lips quiver as her eyes shake a bit. Jinsoul can’t handle it at all, “is the baby upset?” Jinsoul curses herself, why the hell did she say that corny -  

“Huh?” Sooyoung’s cute face is replaced by a confused one. 

Taking a deep breath Jinsoul doesn’t retract her statement, “I asked if the baby was upset.”  

Sooyoung turns to her side and hides most of her face from the screen, “who’s baby?”

“Your baby.” 

“I have a baby?”

Jinsoul giggles before explaining it, “no Sooyoung you’re a baby!”  

“I’m not a baby Jinsoul.” 

“Yes you are Sooyoung, you’re so cute.” Sooyoung let’s open a bit and her toes curl in her socks, starting to bounce her feet of the mattress she smiles. 

“I’m drunk.”  

Jinsoul sighs and shakes her head, “I could tell.” She wonders where the hell Sooyoung been but it was only nine at night and she was already in bed. “Why aren’t you still out?” 

Sooyoung shrugs, “I was tired. Also I was…” hoping that you would call. Sooyoung doesn’t say it though, she keeps it to herself in efforts to not be so clingy. Jinsoul tries to say something but Sooyoung interrupts, “can you call me baby again?”

“Uh sure…” Jinsoul scratches at her head for a moment. “I miss you b-...I can’t say it.” Sooyoung groans and starts to cry again, “it has to be in the moment!”  

Sooyoung has her head turned away from the phone but then brings it back, she really was so tired. “Jinsoul.” 

“Hmm?” 

Closing her eyes she mumbles out, “you make my chest feel warm and fuzzy.”  

Jinsoul closes her eyes too, god she wishes Sooyoung was back already. She wanted to kiss her silly. Jinsoul wasn’t really for sure how though...

“Hey Sooyoung, I think I know that girl that you were telling me about.” Jinsoul starts pulling the blankets up to her face. 

Sooyoung smacks on her lips that were starting to dry, “the best girl in the world?” 

Jinsoul blushes before she nods, “yeah.” 

Turning onto her belly Sooyoung whines out, “I’m mad at her right now.” 

“Why?” 

“Because she’s been ignoring me and won’t call me baby.” Sooyoung opens her eyes to stare at Jinsoul perplexed face. The girl covers it with a hand as Sooyoung giggles out. It’s silent for a few moments as Sooyoung tore her clothes off in an attempt to cool off, she was feeling hot all of a sudden.   

“I haven’t been ignor…” 

Jinsoul bites her lip down hard before promising something she wasn’t for sure she was ready for, “she’ll make it up to you.” 

“How so?” 

Peeking her eye open, Jinsoul quickly shuts it back when she sees Sooyoung shirtless, “you said you wanted to kiss her right?” 

Sooyoung pauses and flips on her belly to excitedly grab the phone, “yes!” 

“Well maybe she’ll let you kiss her when you get back Sunday.” Jinsoul blushes furiously as Sooyoung squeaks. Sooyoung can’t take it anymore, she wanted to back in Jinsoul’s arms as soon as possible. 

Clearing throat she calls out, “Jinsoul?” 

“Hmm?” 

“I’ll see you Sunday.”  

Hanging up on the girl she screams and kicks her feet up and down, Sooyoung hops up and starts to dance, the alcohol still in her system. 

Plugging up some speakers she starts to get ready for bed singing her lungs out as she tries to brush her teeth.  

Laying in bed she tries to place the exact scenarios of it happening. 

Jinsoul I missed you so much give me a kiss. 

Sooyoung shakes her head no too invasive. 

Jinsoul my love mi amor I...want to declare my love to you. 

She was not in a telenovela.   

Hi Jinsoul *smooch* 

Sooyoung groans into her hands as she imagines what the kiss would be like, but she realizes it will probably happen naturally.  

Just like everything else between them. 

Closing her eyes, she dreams of Jinsoul. 

And that pretty smile. 

~~~~ 

Shoving food into she starts to pull on her jacket, it was a bit nippy outside so she made sure to get Jinsoul a coat too. “You’re going out? You just got home sweetie.” Sooyoung eats another bite of greens before nodding at her mom. It took the Will of God to not run to Jinsoul after she got off the bus.  

“I’m going to see Jinsoul.” Her Momma laughs and shakes her head. Girls will be girls and when they’re in love they’ll go through strenuous lengths just to share it. 

Dasom kisses her oldest on the head before giving her a biscuit, “be careful and don’t stay out too late okay?” Sooyoung nods and already starts to shove the biscuit in . 

Heading out the door she mumbles out I love you to her momma before farting off. 

Sooyoung is literally bouncing on her toes from how excited she is as she walks down the streets. She was finally seeing Jinsoul almost a week later. Sooyoung was afraid she might faint on the spot. What if Jinsoul listened to the squirtle?  

There were so many questions in her head that she felt like her head was going to bust.  

The nerves appear when she spots Jinsoul’s house. She thought she was over these but apparently they’ll always be with her, just like these fluttering feelings and dizzy spells. 

Crawling into the gate she stands halfway to the house. She sends a text to Jinsoul and takes deep breaths to try to calm the storm in her chest.  

The door opens and Sooyoung’s heart stops. Jinsoul stands there with a slack jaw, she’s in some cute clothes and her hair is up in a ponytail. Sooyoung takes one step forward and Jinsoul comes sprinting towards her, the only thing she can do is open her arms up wide. 

When they make contact it feels like Sooyoung’s world is at peace again. She didn’t even realize she had this empty feeling until she was close to Jinsoul again. Burying herself into the girl she shoves her face into the warmth of Jinsoul’s neck. Their embrace is desperate as they try to get as close as possible, almost melting into each other. Sooyoung squeezes onto Jinsoul for dear life and becomes light headed at the girl’s sweet smell.  

They waddle back and forth without saying a word, just enjoying each other. This is where Sooyoung’s heart belonged, right next to Jinsoul’s. Pounding so quick it was hard to count the beats. Sooyoung could finally breathe again after so long.  

“I missed you, I missed you so much Sooyoung.” Jinsoul shakily mumbles out and it almost sounds like she’s crying. Sooyoung holds onto her tighter to prove to Jinsoul she wasn’t going anywhere. She wasn’t going nowhere for a very long time.  

“She’s been gone for 5 days stop acting like it’s been years!” They pull apart slightly to look at the door. It’s Jinsoul’s Mom who looks a bit irritated, “before you go get ya in here and do these dishes.” Sooyoung snorts and Jinsoul glares at her before smiling. It was her love right there in front of her, squeezing onto her waist as if she were to disappear any second. It was her Sooyoung. 

Jinsoul can’t help but smile widely as she takes in Sooyoung’s features that got softer by the day. Sooyoung is looking at her like she’s her whole world. Little does Jinsoul know, she is Sooyoung’s world. 

Sooyoung smiles down at the girl, her feelings have gotten stronger surprisingly. She didn’t think they could, maybe this was what falling in love was like. You just kept getting in deeper everyday until you fell so deep you could never bounce back. Maybe her heart would always be stuck on Jinsoul. Sooyoung’s always heard your first love lasts a lifetime.  

But she didn’t mind it being Jinsoul, she wouldn’t trade this feeling for anything in the world. The girl giggles wiping off biscuit crumbs from her lips shaking her head while whispering sweet words to her about being well fed. Sooyoung is swooning by the time Jinsoul starts to pull her into her home out of the spring chill. Sooyoung greets Jinsoul’s mom, Krystal who then gave her a hug.  

Jinsoul grumbles as she slams through the dirty dishes, Sooyoung holds her from behind when Mrs. Jung leaves the kitchen. When she was in there however Sooyoung made sure to stand five foot away from Jinsoul.   

Resting her head onto Jinsoul’s shoulder she wraps her arms around the girls waist from behind. Sooyoung has never felt this way, it has become easier being intimate with Jinsoul but at the same time it was like her body was going to explode.   

It’s comfortable but Sooyoung’s still terrified. 

Jinsoul rambles on about doing the chores and Sooyoung listens to her voice. It was so much better than on that stupid speaker. She could almost fall asleep to it.  

Sooyoung pouts up when she’s nudged off of Jinsoul who was drying and putting the clean dishes up. Sooyoung leans onto the kitchen table and looks the girl up and down. Jinsoul had got rid of the cardigan she was wearing and now only sported a tight white t-shirt. Sooyoung knows she shouldn’t be such a dog but she couldn’t stop staring at one particular area. 

“You gotta cute .” Jinsoul drops a plate and it shatters on the floor. Sooyoung kneels with Jinsoul to pick up the shattered pieces and stares at the girls red face, “sorry…” Jinsoul glares at her with an embarrassed expression. “You can look at mine too.” Jinsoul drops her head and Sooyoung can hear her sigh out. She wonders why Jinsoul was so aggravated. 

“Do you not like mine?”  

Jinsoul wants to bang her head against the wall, Sooyoung had a very…nice little . Jinsoul would compare it to little Debbie cakes. But she wasn’t going to comment like Sooyoung had. She couldn’t stop the embarrassment flooding to her face. “What happened?” Krystal waddles into the kitchen and gasps when she sees the porcelain on the floor. 

Sooyoung backs away as the older woman starts to sweep it up. Jinsoul accidentally pricks her finger in the process of picking up a piece and holds it as she in air through her teeth. Sooyoung cradles the girl’s hands in her own, “there is bandaids in the bathroom.” Sooyoung carefully escorts Jinsoul to the sink in the bathroom and sits her there.  

Rummaging through the draws she notices Jinsoul’s feet start swinging, “hi.” Glancing up she catches the girl’s shy expression. 

Sooyoung smiles as she pulls out the bandaids, “hi Jinsoul.” Standing up she unclenches Jinsoul’s fists and wipes the bloody finger clean before putting some alcohol on it. When Jinsoul winces Sooyoung is sure to blow on the wound to help with the pain. Slapping the bandaid on she gives it a kiss, “there all better?” 

Jinsoul is already staring at her when she looks up. The girl’s glasses are drooping a bit so Sooyoung pushes them back up before cradling Jinsoul’s cheeks. Sooyoung swallows but the tension won’t go down, it’s stuck right in . Jinsoul tugs on her shirt to force her to come closer and Sooyoung breaks out into a nervous sweat. Leaning forward she watches Jinsoul’s eyes flutter close. 

Sooyoung kisses the girl’s nose before escaping the bathroom. 

About to pass out she starts to put on her shoes, they should go before the sun started to set. 

Jinsoul comes out of the bathroom with steam coming out of her ears figuratively...she really thought Sooyoung was gonna kiss her there and it made her realize how unprepared she was for it. 

“You wanna watch the sunset?” Jinsoul nods and takes the coat that Sooyoung hands her and wraps it around her body. Jinsoul doesn’t have to put on her shoes since Sooyoung does so for her, even re-tying them for her.  

When the athlete stands back up she holds out her hand for Jinsoul to take. When their fingers intertwine they both stop for a moment at how nice it felt and how much they’ve missed it.  

Bringing Jinsoul’s hand up Sooyoung kisses it for a moment before rubbing her thumb across the knuckles, “you ready?” Sooyoung asks Jinsoul softly, as if it was more than just a simple question. 

“Always.” 

Sooyoung smiles and it makes her eyes tiny crescent moons that makes Jinsoul’s heart do back flips. 

I’d go anywhere anytime with you Ha Sooyoung. 

~~~~ 

“Stop you did not!” Jinsoul huffs out while clinging to Sooyoung’s shoulders harder. She had her face squished up to Sooyoung’s, listening to her story about the one time she broke her nose by running into a wall.  

Sooyoung giggles and lifts her further up on her back. Jinsoul had protested the piggy back ride but Sooyoung wouldn’t move from her spot until Jinsoul climbed on and she really wanted to watch the sunset so of course it didn’t take much convincing. “I did! I was so scared of Hyejoo catching me my fell straight into that drywall. Everytime I sneezed from the dust there was blood.” Jinsoul laughs loudly as she wraps her arms further around Sooyoung’s shoulders. 

Sooyoung finds herself laughing as well at the painful memory, Jinsoul’s was just too addicting.  

Jinsoul nuzzles her face close to Sooyoung’s before humming out, “your nose still turned out super cute though.” Sooyoung blushes and can’t help but scrunch her nose up at the compliment. Squeezing onto Jinsoul’s thighs she pretends to drop the girl before hoisting her back up. Sooyoung actually comes close to dropping her when she hears her name being screamed out in a deep and hoarse voice. Sooyoung keeps messing with Jinsoul and is about to piss her pants by the time Jinsoul is half-way hanging onto her.  

“SOOYOUNG I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DROP ME ON GOD!” Finally Sooyoung lifts the girl back up onto her back safely. Jinsoul doesn’t weigh anything really, or maybe it was love that was giving Sooyoung the strength.  

Jinsoul rests comfortably on her back as they make their way to the park. Sooyoung’s body was so warm, she was sure she could just fall asleep right now, but it would be taking away time she could spend with the girl. 

By the time they make it to the swings Sooyoung is exhausted but Jinsoul kissing the side of her face gave her the fuel to keep on going. Putting the girl down she turns to the swing and plops down. The next thing Sooyoung knows she’s been flipped out from the force and she hears Jinsoul’s wheezy laughter in the background. 

Folded up like a pretzel she screams for help and instantly feels the soft hands trying to straighten her out, “aw my poor baby! Can’t even sit in a swing!” Sooyoung shivers at the word. Finally out of the painful position she clings to Jinsoul. The girl smiles down at her while wiping the dirt and wood chips off her head.  

Sooyoung grasps onto Jinsoul’s shirt, “what did you say?”  

Jinsoul blushes a tad bit and helps Sooyoung to her feet, “hmm?”

“You called me baby. Actually you said my baby.” Sooyoung can feel it all throughout her body, the small tingles that were almost electrified.  

But Jinsoul still acts up, “Idon’ what you talkin bout.” 

Rolling her eyes she lets it slide, but she’ll definitely remember it and continue to tease Jinsoul later on. Sooyoung wanted to be Jinsoul’s baby. She wanted to be everything for the girl. But especially her baby.

Sitting on the swing more cautiously this time Sooyoung reaches out to Jinsoul who sat in the one next to her. Placing her hand up to Jinsoul’s Sooyoung snorts at the size difference, her fingers were at least an inch longer than Jinsoul’s.  

Locking just one of her fingers with Jinsoul’s they swing with their hands between them. The sun is starting to set bringing the golden hour onto their skin. Jinsoul stares at Sooyoung’s profile, the girl seemed like she belonged in the sun from how perfect the glow made her look.  

This was exactly why Jinsoul wanted to come out here, just to see how pretty Sooyoung was.   

“Were you lonely while I was gone?” Sooyoung asks the girl to her left. Jinsoul seems to be deep in thought while staring at her. But it doesn’t make Sooyoung nervous.  

Jinsoul nods, “I was.” Of course she had her friends, but without Sooyoung there was definitely a piece of her heart missing.

Sooyoung frowns just thinking of it. She was lonely too, but she hopes no one bothered Jinsoul while she wasn’t around. “Did anyone give you a hard time?” 

Jinsoul’s mind turns to Rose for a split second, but it doesn’t hurt like it did the first day. The words don’t eat at her heart, the loneliness must have really gotten to her. Looking at Sooyoung now she had no insecurities, she knew she had nothing to worry about. 

She trusted Sooyoung.  

Unlike most people, she trusted Sooyoung. Because the girl has been nothing but honest to her. From her feelings to her words. She felt safe with her, the look in Sooyoung’s eyes told her that the girl would never hurt her. 

“Nope, it was just boring without you.” Sooyoung smiles at that, she was glad Jinsoul was okay while she was gone. She always wanted Jinsoul to be happy, with or without her.  

“Good, you know Jinsoul...”  

Sooyoung squeezes onto her finger, “making sure you’re happy is my number one priority. You deserve a lot from this world. I‘ll try my best to never let anyone take that away from you.” The girl’s eyes turn glossy for a second before she turns away. The sun shines in the reflection of her eyes and Sooyoung has the urge to wipe her tears away. 

But once her mom had told her that tears needed to fall sometimes. So she lets Jinsoul sniffle it out. 

“Ah...Sooyoung sometimes you say things I don’t know how to react to.” Jinsoul shakes her head, “I really missed you.”  

“I missed you too Jinsoul, this week has been..I love spending time with you.” Jinsoul seems to find it amusing how Sooyoung always has something thoughtful to say. It makes her fall harder, it makes her chest ache more. This was something she wasn’t prepared for...but still she was going to welcome it eagerly.  

Looking across from her she falls into Sooyoung’s stare, “I can’t believe two months ago I wanted nothing to do with you.” Jinsoul whispers out, “but now I can’t see myself without you.” It took her two months to get to know just a part of Ha Sooyoung, she couldn’t imagine what other magical things she could find.

Her charm, her sometimes too wise of words for a sixteen year old, Jinsoul felt like she was being trained by a samurai. But most of all Sooyoung’s affectionate and caring personality that was hidden under her cool wall.  

“You make me really happy Sooyoung.”  

Sooyoung smiles, she was doing a pretty good job with her goal. Jinsoul made her really happy too, she wouldn’t give it up for anything. 

When Jinsoul smiles, it was her reason to smile as well. 

Kicking at the dirt she fully holds Jinsoul’s hand, “I think it was destiny maybe fate, you and I.”   

Jinsoul giggles a bit, “you think so?” 

Sooyoung nods while blushing, she thought about this a lot. Somehow she felt like she and Jinsoul were meant to be together. It was written in the stars or some cheesy like that.  

“It has to be, it feels way too special to be coincidence.” Jinsoul is convinced Sooyoung is some type of poet. The girl has always been good with words but the golden hour had it hitting different.  

Swinging together they both turn their heads and blush. There was a heat blooming from the palm of Sooyoung’s hand all the way up to her chest. “Jinsoul you know the girl I like is you right?” Jinsoul scrunches her eyes close and bites her lip at Sooyoung’s timid tone, god she’s so adorable.  

“I…” 

Clearing she teases Sooyoung, “Yes squirtle tells me every night, he has this voice surprisingly similar to yours.” Sooyoung scoffs and turns her head waiting for Jinsoul to look at her. “Sooyoung I know you like me.” Standing up she brings Jinsoul up as well who still had her eyes closed.  

Threading their fingers together Sooyoung takes the girl’s glasses off with her free hand. Folding them carefully into her jacket pocket she whispers out, “Jinsoul look at me.”  

The girl slowly flutters her eyes open, “I was playing you’re not the girl I like.” Jinsoul’s eyes break wide open and Sooyoung starts to laugh at the girl’s funny expression, “I’m kidding!” Jinsoul groans and pushes her away but Sooyoung quickly crawls back to Jinsoul wrapping her up in her jacket. Jinsoul is whining as she does so, telling her to not joke around about things like that. Sooyoung found it pretty funny however.  

Squirming from Jinsoul’s poking her belly she goes back to being serious, “for real though, I feel for you. I think about you every night and day and how I want you to be my girl.” Sooyoung draws out her words, Jinsoul’s ears getting redder by the second. “You hit me hard...I was so confused at first because I’ve never felt this way but everyday it just became clearer and clearer that you were someone special to me.” Jinsoul shoves her face into Sooyoung’s chest. The words were making her so dizzy hearing them from Sooyoung herself. 

“I care about you Jinsoul.” Sooyoung hugs Jinsoul tightly into her. Loving the warmth the girl was giving off. “I like you so much I think it’s eating me alive. I’m crazy about you Jung Jinsoul.”  

Holding onto her close she feels Jinsoul shiver against her.  

“Sooyoung…” Jinsoul pulls back with tears in her eyes. The sunlight slowly fading away, “god Sooyoung why do you have to be so…” Jinsoul didn’t know how to say it. Dreamy? Perfect? Just downright irresistible? There wasn’t a word that could describe Sooyoung. 

Grabbing the girl’s shirt Jinsoul stares into her eyes. Those eyes slanted up from her smile, “How do you even exist?” Jinsoul cradles the girls face in her hands, rubbing her thumb across Sooyoung’s cheek. The girl leans into the palm of her hand and it makes Jinsoul swoon, “I don’t even know what to say to you.”  

Sooyoung shakes her head, “that’s okay, you’ve never been the one to talk anyways.” Sooyoung giggles at her little joke but Jinsoul doesn’t. The girl leaned her forehead on Sooyoung’s, who brought her head down when Jinsoul’s fingers had pulled her in that direction. 

She can feel Jinsoul’s cool breath on her lips, her heart stops. It’s like time has frozen, “you mean so much to me.” Jinsoul says more to herself than Sooyoung, this girl had really come into her life with no warning, but Jinsoul didn’t have any complaints. 

“You’re literally like a dream or something, I can’t believe you’re real.” Jinsoul throws her head back laughing a little bit. Sooyoung really was such hard person to grasp.  

“So does that mean that you like me back?”

Jinsoul glances at the girl and she can tell she’s pleading for an answer. Sooyoung was scared, Jinsoul reassuringly cradles her face shaking her head. “Yes...god I like you so damn much..” 

Jinsoul searches in the girls eyes, the sly smile making Sooyoung’s cheeks puff up in her hands. “I think I’ve always had a thing for you. I feel as if I’m the luckiest girl in the world getting a chance like this with you.” Sooyoung shyly ducks her head under and Jinsoul laughs and wraps her arms behind the girls neck. Sooyoung’s tummy has never flipped this much. 

Carefully taking Sooyoung’s hand she places it over her chest, “this belongs to you, it has since we shook hands.” Jinsoul was stupid to think she wouldn’t fall for Sooyoung after that. However, she thought Sooyoung would be a lot harder to crack into in, really the girl made it so easy to love. Sooyoung was one of a kind. 

They moment was very tender for them and neither of them could really contain their feelings. Playing with the collar of Sooyoung’s jacket she scoots closer. Sooyoung’s hands sneak to Jinsoul’s lower back to keep her there.   

They spend some time just staring at each other. When Jinsoul has tumbled over a crush after crush when the one she really needed was right in front of her. Sooyoung can’t believe she actually found someone to connect with.  

It was a slow connection at first, but all the sudden it was like Jinsoul understood her. Sooyoung had notice the feelings she got being around the girl from before but they got stronger from each passing day until they were like a neon sign flashing in the darkness of her thoughts.  

Sooyoung doesn’t know who starts leaning forward first but she’s suddenly getting closer to Jinsoul. Glancing down she loses her breath at site of Jinsoul’s parted lips. Her eyes close and… “ouch.” She went in a little too hard and bumped her nose with Jinsoul’s. 

Jinsoul was kinda panicking, Sooyoung was about to kiss her. “I-I’ve never been kissed before.” Sooyoung opens her eyes, she was kinda shocked to say the least. Someone as pretty and amazing as Jinsoul has never been kissed? 

Closing her eyes she husks out, “That’s okay, I’ll teach you.” Sooyoung was just eager to do it. She starts to lean in again, it was starting to get cold and she needed to warm up somehow. 

But then Jinsoul runs away from her, “JINSOUL!” 

The girl is running away from her screaming and Sooyoung laughs out of frustration and starts to chase after her.

Jinsoul’s not really running, she’s kinda waddling instead. She can’t see without her glasses.   

Trying to keep up with the five and a half foot toddler who runs like a cartoon character, Soooyjng holds her tummy from laughing so hard. 

Sooyoung hurries to save Jinsoul when she trips over the sidewalk and tumbles to the grass. Trying to pick the girl up she’s pulled down as well.  

She doesn’t really know how it happens, but Jinsoul ends up on top of her holding her shoulders down. “Stay!” 

“Let me kiss you!” 

“NO!”

Laughing she rubs on Jinsouls arms that were holding her down. “Okay we can stay like this.” Jinsoul’s eyes flicker between her own with a conflicted expression. 

They sit there just like that, getting comfortable on the ground. Letting the heat radiate between them. Then Jinsoul’s black eyes flick down to her lips, Sooyoung gets nervous under the gaze and at them, “don’t do that.” Sooyoung’s tongue is pulled back in and instead she bites at them, “not that either…” 

Not for sure what to do with herself Sooyoung smiles and it seems to relieve Jinsoul from the long sigh she lets out, “you have really pretty lips.”  

Sooyoung gets amused, “you do too, that’s why I’d like to kiss you.”  

Jinsoul shakes her head and helps Sooyoung raise up, the girl is still sitting in her lap. Wrapping her arms around her waist Sooyoung waits for permission.  

The girl’s hands are back on her face, toying with her ears that sends chills down Sooyoung’s spine. It’s like every nerve is electrified. “I really want to kiss you.” Jinsoul mumbles out barely, still gazing longingly at Sooyoung’s lips. 

Sooyoung’s stupidly pretty lips. 

“Go ahead.”  

“But I’m going to die!”

Sooyoung watches as the girl clenches at her chest, placing her hand near there she gasps at how hard and fast Jinsoul’s heart is beating. The girl on top of her is shaking not from the chill and her ears are burned red along with her cheeks. 

Feeling of her own beat she quickly places Jinsoul’s hand there, “it’s okay, look me too.” Jinsoul closes her eyes. Sooyoung looked so calm and collected on the outside. But her heart was like a drum. Thumping hard and loud.  

Jinsoul nods with a bit of confidence. Sooyoung only closes her eyes and puckers up her lips. She’s kissed plenty before, she’ll just get accustomed to the way Jinsoul kisses. She hears the girl’s shallow breath, the small hands thread into her hair. 

When she feels Jinsoul’s nose bump into hers she holds the girl close. When it happens, Sooyoung isn’t for sure where her heart flew off to. As if her nerves pretty much skyrocket out of her body, Sooyoung can’t really form a thought when Jinsoul pulls away with a small chuu sound.  

“Yeah just like…” 

Oh my god

It was just a small kiss, but it opened up a whole new flood gate of feelings for Sooyoung.  

“That.” 

Fluttering her eyes open, Jinsoul’s face in the waning sunlight is more than beautiful. Reaching up she tucks some of the girl’s hair behind her ear, feeling of the soft silk between her fingers. Jinsoul was surprised, she didn’t know the kiss would be that relaxing while all the more nerve wracking. 

It was like an adrenaline rush.  

Sooyoung shakes her head, “you must be an angel ‘cause I feel like I’m in heaven.”  

The both of them let their jaws hanging open before Jinsoul snorts and rests her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder, “that was so lame Sooyoung.” 

Rubbing on the girl’s back she can’t help but agree while laughing, “you’re the one making me this way.”  

“Right blame it on me…” 

Jinsoul raises back up then and shakes her head. Sooyoung was a bit of a dork, but Jinsoul wouldn’t have it any other way. 

My dork 

Sooyoung is pouting now and Jinsoul can finally kiss it away. So she does just that, pouncing on Sooyoung to press her lips against the athlete's impossibly soft ones.  

They kissed until the sun disappeared from the sky. 

~~~~

Being dragged back to Jinsoul’s home is a little difficult because Sooyoung can barely walk. She has a dopey smile plastered on her face and she loosely holds Jinsoul’s hand in her own. The girl slightly in front of her is still blushing from their time spent together at the park...that was mostly on the ground.  

No they didn’t only kiss, that was only 90% of the time. The other 10% was giggling in between kisses when they ran out of breath or Jinsoul just needed to give her heart a break, Jinsoul had held her so close to keep her from crumbling. Sooyoung had lost her heart somewhere in the mix, she didn’t mind though, she was sure Jinsoul was keeping it safely. 

Sadness washes over her when they reach the gate of Jinsoul’s home. Sooyoung walks her the rest of the way to the door steps and stops right in the front while Jinsoul climbs one step before turning. Sooyoung likes the sudden height difference so she hugs Jinsoul around the waist and lays her head against her chest.  

“I don’t want to go…” She whines out and Jinsoul shushes her with a love tap to the shoulder. But the girl hugs her back with just as much love. Sooyoung knew that Jinsoul just got embarrassed easily. 

But then again, she loved acting cute. 

Sooyoung really doesn’t want to leave, but she can hear the crickets peeping behind her, she knows she’ll have to let Jinsoul go just for tonight. 

Pulling away like a bandaid to a wound Sooyoung pouts, “one more kiss for goodnight?” Jinsoul at her teeth with a smirk on her face. 

“You’re real cute ain’t you.” Sooyoung nods her head and folds her eyebrows up like a sad puppy. When Jinsoul starts to lean down she closes her eyes. 

The kiss is slow and steady as if they had all the time in the world. Their lips move together in a rhythm like they’ve been doing this for years. Sooyoung doesn’t want it to end, she wants it to last forever. 

Because Jinsoul is so gentle with her, like the way she carefully slides her lips across her own and cradles her jaw in her hand while the other one scratches into the back of her head.  

Each connection of their lips takes her breath away and she feels like she’s falling into a dream. Inside her chest is hot and it clouds her mind with steam.   

It’s crazy how soft Jinsoul’s lips are, how warm and sweet they are. Sooyoung’s never been kissed like this before, like she was fragile, just a girl who wanted to be cared for. Jinsoul’s touch was full of affection and Sooyoung craved it no matter how much she received it. 

Jinsoul treated her like she was glass. Only giving her feather light touches and lingering slow kisses. 

Sooyoung is the first to pull away, she was getting into too deep. She wouldn’t be able to go home if she kept kissing Jinsoul.  

With tiny little pecks against the girl’s lips she tries to hold herself over until the next time.  

Walking a step back she opens her eyes and almost trips over a rock, Jinsoul laughs and claps her hands together, “what happened to those cat like reflexes Sooyoung.”

Nervously laughing she keeps backing away. She had always told Jinsoul she had the best reflexes in the school but now she was just a clumsy idiot. All those kisses had made her knees weak.

“Are you seriously leaving?” Jinsoul asks her a bit sadly.

“Yes!” 

Sooyoung actually had a curfew and she didn’t want to make her moms mad. She had perfectly calculated it, thanks to Jinsoul’s genius teaching skills she was now an expert at math. If she ran at a certain speed at a certain time she would make it home right on the dot. 

Jinsoul is about to say something else but Sooyoung screams out, “I’LL CALL YOU!” Then she sprints off into the darkness leaving Jinsoul with a slack jaw.  

As she sprints home at record speed, Sooyoung cheeses the hardest she has her entire life. Her teeth get sensitive from the cold that they was exposed to. 

Jinsoul bounces on her feet, still wearing Sooyoung’s jacket and the lip gloss that had smudged onto her lips as they were kissing. 

Not being able to contain the eruption in her tummy she squeals before running inside. 

Krystal gets an ear full from her daughter and a slight headache from what’s coming. 

Her baby was finally in love. 

~~~~  

Strolling up to Jinsoul’s locker Sooyoung yawns tiredly, she had stayed up all night talking to Jinsoul. She even fell asleep to the sound of the other girl’s soft snores on the line. This morning while eating breakfast she took out a pen and a piece of paper and wrote Jinsoul a heartfelt note and made sure to get her a cosmic brownie from the pantry. 

Sliding it into the girl’s locker Sooyoung darts off. She wanted to surprise Jinsoul, but it killed her not to wait. Sooyoung wonders if Jinsoul would kiss her again. 

Sitting in her usual set she lets her eyes close, going back to the kisses. It was so dreamy, Jinsoul was...god Sooyoung couldn’t stop thinking about it. She could still feel the ghost Jinsoul’s pouty lips on her own.  

Raising her eyebrows she gets all tingly inside. Jinsoul’s black eyes became darker in the moonlight and Sooyoung just wanted to stare into them until she lost herself.  

The bell rings, Sooyoung realizes she’s spent the whole class daydreaming about Jinsoul.   

Walking down the hall Sooyoung feels like she’s in thin air with the way she floats through the students, a smile is plastered on her face and most of the students stare. 

“You think Sooyoung got some last night?” One of the students whispered to his friends 

The girl shakes her head, “something happened yesterday. She looks high as hell.”  

In reality Sooyoung was just given some amazing kisses. Jinsoul said she never kissed before but by the way the girl had moved her lips in a rhythm that was too sensual to describe, Sooyoung honestly doubted it. 

The other side of the school Jinsoul is reading Sooyoung’s lowkey greasy letter. She giggles and bites her lip when she reads a particular part that sounds entirely like a joke and blushes at the kiss mark on the bottom. 

I want you to call me baby. 

Jinsoul mouths the last sentence and holds the letter close to her chest. She couldn’t wait to see Sooyoung today. 

Getting a drink of water Sooyoung overhears a conversation. She doesn’t pay any mind to it until she hears a particular name. 

“Jungeun is prom posing to Jinsoul right now I think.” Sooyoung freezes, her Jinsoul? Was being asked to Prom? Pretending to not listen she keeps slurping on the water. 

“Yeah apparently while Sooyoung was gone last week they got a little close, now Jungeun got a crush on Jinsoul.” The tab snaps to the fountain and the students who were gossiping notice whose finally there.  

Holding the broken piece in her hand Sooyoung glares at the two girl’s before they run with their tails between their legs.   

Sooyoung walks down the hall once more. 

Without the smile on her face.  

~~~~ 

Jinsoul stares at the sign, flowers, cake, mariachi band and Kim Jungeun. Who was red in the ears and cheesing so hard it was kinda pathetic. 

Raising a brow she questions, “prom?” 

Jungeun nods her head, “please Jinsoul I like you so much!” 

Jinsoul can’t help to feel the flutter in her heart but she frowns because she can only think of one person. Who was surprisingly missing, although most days she was walking with her after this class. 

Looking around Jinsoul starts to panic. There was a whole crowd around them. 

But no sign of Sooyoung. 

~~~~ 

*Five Minutes earlier. 

“If you get Jinsoul to go to prom with you I will you one time and one time only.” 

Jungeun takes the sign and flowers in her hands, her ears burning from embarrassment. Rose was so y of course Jungeun was putty when it came to her. As soon as Rose was asking her for a favor she was nodding her head eagerly. 

“Really?” 

Rose glares at the four footer, “yes you incel now go!” 

Jungeun didn’t care much for Jinsoul, sure she was cute and a really cool person. But she did a lot of weird and almost cringy things. She was a geek and was too quiet for Jungeun. She liked y and loud girls who bossed her around.  

Falling out of the supply closet after given a motivation tongue kiss from Rose she stumbles around to find Jinsoul. 

Not even worried about the consequences.  

~~~~ 

Sooyoung is searching for Jinsoul but she can’t find her. Why can’t she find Jinsoul? Scoping the hallways dread sets in her heart, what was this feeling? She’s never had it before but it hurt...it was so painful. 

Turning in the hallway she freezes, there’s a crowd between two girls. Sooyoung sees it all, the sign that has her girl’s name on it, flowers pointed in her girls face. 

She sees it all… 

It’s like the breath is knocked out of lungs and her stomach drops low. It’s like losing a race. 

But one thousand times worse.  

Her feet glued to the floor she watches closely. Jinsoul likes her, she said it so last night. Sooyoung could see it in her eyes the affection. Sooyoung could feel it on her lips the love. 

The touches full of inexperienced devotion. 

Those were all for her. 

Then why did it feel like all of that was being ripped away from her right now. When Jinsoul was looking at Jungeun with a tender smile. Sooyoung closes her eyes when the two hug and the crowd gives its reaction. 

It’s a sweet sound. 

But inside Sooyoung’s chest there’s a cracking sound.   

Opening her eyes when she starts to think of Jinsoul’s pretty black ones. The ones that only looked at her...the ones now looking at Jungeun. She turns to walk away, the opposite direction of Jinsoul.  

Her chest ached but not in the way when Jinsoul kissed her. Her knees were weak but not in the way Jinsoul hugged her. Her stomach turning but not in the way when Jinsoul made her laugh so hard. 

Her heart clenched, but not in the way when Jinsoul looked at her. 

Sooyoung’s not jealous. She’s indifferent. Even if it’s painful, she doesn’t find the strength to care. 

For the first time, she loses her focus on… 

But Sooyoung does care.  

She cares about Jinsoul… So much it was breaking her. Smiling she picks up her speed. 

She needed to find Rose. 

~~~~ 

Will this have angst? NO! You will see next chapter...the final chapter! But I hope everyone likes this! Until next time...