Tell Me

Relay of the Heart

Hyejoo is shaking, Chaewon was only a few inches from her. Everytime they did this she would get dizzy and pass out, not today though. Today she’d be able to kiss Chaewon without being a loser and fainting. In the background plays cheesy 80’s music, Hyejoo closes her eyes and scoots her hand over to hold Chaewon’s. 

So close...So, “YO THE IS YOU DOING!” Hyejoo passes out again. Sooyoung had slammed into her room only to see her sister about to lay the mack on her friend. Chaewon stands to hover over her girlfriend shaking her back awake.  

The blonde turns around, “w-w-we I we weren’t doing aaaanything!” Sooyoung narrows her eyes as Chaewon stutters over her words painfully.  

Sitting next to them Sooyoung looks at her passed out sister blankly, then raises her hand to slap the hell out of her face. Hyejoo awakes, but at what cost. The next thing Sooyoung knows is that she’s getting her arm twisted.   

Sooyoung screams out bloody murder, Chaewon stands idly by, “I hate this house….” Yeojin, who usually was out with her friends comes in the room with a spray bottle and starts to soak her sisters.

The fighting two shake off each other to protect themselves from the water, Hyejoo grumbles, “stop doing that jackass!”

Yeojin smiles, “Mom said when you two start fighting I had to spray you.” 

Sooyoung wipes her face, “we’re not cats stupid?”  

“Well you act like them so?”   

Hyejoo and Sooyoung get up at the same time, running their younger sister off. After some more slapping in yelling, finally Sooyoung is bored enough to let Hyejoo out of her headlock. Chaewon and Hyejoo were nerds, so they should know Jinsoul right? “So love birds, what do you know about Jung Jinsoul?” 

Suddenly Sooyoung gets shy and twiddles with her fingers, Chaewon and Hyejoo share a look. Simultaneously they question Sooyoung, “why you being nosy?”  

“Just shut up and tell me things!” Sooyoung gets impatient and nervous under their stare. She couldn’t stop thinking about Jinsoul for some reason and she felt like she was going to go crazy if she didn’t have something new about the girl to obsess over. 

The two in front of her, however, were the bane of her existence, “she owe you money or something?” 

“No?” 

“Are you bullying her? Because if so-” 

“NO!” 

Chaewon crosses her arms, she can see the blush on Hyejoo’s sisters cheeks. Yeojin pops her head through the door, she’s been listening the whole time. “SHE’S GOT A CRUSH ON HER!” Sooyoung’s face turns beet red and her eyes widen.  

Realization dawns on all of them, except Sooyoung.

“Oooohh I didn’t know your had a thing for geeks!” Hyejoo scratches her chin. She’s never seen her sister this embarrassed before. 

Chaewon adds to it wiggling her brows, “Jinsoul is pretty though!” Sooyoung closes her eyes as the two go on and on about how she’s got it bad for Jinsoul. Which is not true, Jinsoul was just interesting and really really cute.  

Sooyoung darts around the room, first grabbing a pair of scissors and then Chaewon’s head. Holding the blonde hostage her sister goes ballistic. When Hyejoo comes near she holds the dull scissors to Chaewon’s throat, “come closer and ill scratch the !” Hyejoo falls to her knees and begs. 

“Please Sooyoung! I love her don’t kill my soulmate!” Sooyoung frowns, god being in love really made you lame.  

Chaewon chokes against her and mumbles something out, “she’s in the anime club! Tuesday and Thursday during sixth period!” Sooyoung concludes its a vital piece of info and lets the girl go and throws the scissors down.   

She goes back to room. To go back to stalking Jinsoul’s social media profiles and rub her feet together at all the cute selfies. 

Hyejoo cries into Chaewon’s shoulder, “I love you too Hyejoo…” 

~~~~ 

Sooyoung is barely winded while Jinsoul is struggling to keep up with her. The girl is panting behind her begging her to slow down. Sooyoung stops all together and watches as Jinsoul hunches over to catch her breath, “I wasn’t even running that fast.” 

Jinsoul, who still wears baggy clothes, flips her off. It doesn’t phase Sooyoung she only pushes Jinsoul back up. “You won’t get enough air in your lungs like that.” She lifts Jinsoul’s arms to allow her body to stretch out. “Deep breaths.” It’s cute, how Jinsoul’s nose scrunches close and her eyebrows knot up when she closes her eyes.  

She doesn’t consider it weird, how she stares at the droplets on the girl’s forehead, following them as they drip down the girl’s face. Sooyoung doesn’t think she’s ever seen anyone with features this perfect. Jinsoul opens her eyes to find Sooyoung staring at her, it made her self-conscious. She must have looked pretty stupid. 

In reality, Sooyoung was engraving the angles on Jinsoul’s face in her memory.  

She could stare at Jinsoul all day if she was allowed to. Chaewon was right, Jinsoul was really pretty. Sooyoung didn’t know where to begin how to describe Jinsoul’s beauty. 

The school was full of pretty girls, ones that were obsessed with her, but she couldn’t compare them to Jinsoul. Who didn’t even remotely seem interested in her. Sooyoung didn’t blame her. 

Her crowd, as much as she disliked them, had constantly wronged Jinsoul. 

Sooyoung would never be able to apologize for it, no matter how many times she said sorry. So she doesn’t, she only treats Jinsoul the best she can. “Hold your hands behind your head.” Jinsoul nods and Sooyoung sprints off.  

When she comes back she shakes the bottle of water and Jinsoul reaches for it. Sooyoung pulls it away, “keep breathing.” Sooyoung ignores how Jinsoul’s eyes narrow then widen when she gently cups her chin to tilt it up. 

Jinsoul’s brain goes haywire when she feels Sooyoung’s soft fingers rubbing underneath her chin. How the hell was she supposed to keep breathing when Sooyoung did like that. 

“Open,” Jinsoul opens a little and Sooyoung pours the water in the girl’s mouth. She doesn’t notice, but her eyes narrow when a bit spills out of Jinsoul’s mouth. Sooyoung guesses she was thirsty too. 

Not thinking she wipes Jinsoul’s mouth with her thumb and starts to drink herself. Weird, it was the same tingly feeling she had when making out with YooA. Thinking of it she hasn’t even spoken to the girl in weeks. Ignoring all the longing stares and pleading texts. 

Jinsoul is a bit frozen, Ha Sooyoung was staring at her lips. Jinsoul’s danger alarm started to ring when Sooyoung had her lips when wiping hers. Apparently it was nothing, because Sooyoung didn’t crack an expression, only starting to chug the water herself.   

The girl glares at Sooyoung, damn her teenage hormones, she couldn’t believe God, he was chill for making someone as attractive as Sooyoung. But also kinda wack for making Jinsoul like girls. Sooyoung being that hot was not helpful to Jinsoul. 

Sooyoung starts to re-tie her hair when Jinsoul starts to rant, “I think I’m gonna get some contacts, I’m tired of glasses.” Well and the fact that Kim Jungeun said that she looked like a grandpa. Sooyoung frowns, Jinsoul was adorable in her glasses.  

“I think they’re nice.” Sooyoung says, but deep down it was more like, haha you’re so cute please don’t stop wearing them.  

When Jinsoul starts blabbering too much that’s when she knows it’s time to start running again. Jinsoul follows behind her this time. Sooyoung is pleased to not hear any complaining this time.  

By the time they’re finished Jinsoul is laid out onto the ground. Sooyoung sits on the bleachers sipping on her water as Jinsoul moans and groans from exhaustion.  

It’s itching at her, she wants to ask so badly but she can’t bring herself to. She has a track meet next weekend and she wants Jinsoul to come. Sooyoung doesn’t know why, but the thought of Jinsoul cheering her on like that one day makes her feel light headed. 

The girl finally raises up, her glasses falling down as she does so. Sooyoung grabs her uniform and crosses her legs, the butterflies returning. She still doesn’t know if its good or bad feeling, she wants to throw up but at the same time wants to throw herself in Jinsoul’s arms. “What are you doing next weekend?” 

She fiddles with the bottle handle after she asks, Jinsoul’s eyes on her were too much to handle. 

“Probably detention and homework,” she reaches for the bottle as Sooyoung panics a bit. Jinsoul smiles as she jerks the bottle out of the girl’s grasp. Jinsoul was really thankful that Sooyoung was shy, because if she did act up while looking like that she would be in trouble.  

Feeling herself get excited at the indirect kiss she drinks from the bottle. Jinsoul is giddy, her first kiss was with Ha Sooyoung. Only it wasn’t...her first kiss would probably be from someone she didn’t even like.  

Girl’s like Jungeun and Sooyoung didn’t like girls like her.  

“You know how I never wear the school uniform, five pink slips equals a detention. I already got detention this weekend.” Sooyoung stands and crouches next to Jinsoul. The girl doesn’t expect her forehead to get flicked. 

While Jinsoul rubs at her head Sooyoung demands, “well start wearing it.”

“Why?” 

Jinsoul didn’t like it, also detention wasn’t bad, the teacher let her study and play music. “I have a track meeting next weekend and you’re required to come to it.” Jinsoul stares at her with a slack jaw, “it’s part of your training.” Sooyoung wanted her to come so badly. She was determined, Jinsoul would come. 

“How is it a part of my training? I got-” Jinsoul was about to protest. Until Sooyoung starts to pout and god, this was what she was talking about. The girl starts acting up and Jinsoul becomes weak. Sighing she shoves the water at Sooyoung, “fine…”  

Sooyoung feels her heart soar, not being able to contain her smile as her whole day is made.  

~~~~ 

Tugging at her shirt she grimaces, it was so tight she could hardly breathe. Why the hell did they give her an extra small. The was almost like a crop top. It was raining today, so Jinsoul’s hair was curly from getting wet when waiting for the bus. Thankfully she was able to dry up in the bathroom.  

Sooyoung has her headphones on, the hood from her sweatshirt pulled over her head. She was walking with rose. They were holding hands even though Sooyoung had tried to get away multiple times.  

She wishes it was someone else's hand instead. Jinsoul’s hands were softer and prettier. Sooyoung was dying to know how they fit in her own. She checks the halls, they were coming up onto Jinsoul’s locker where Sooyoung would pass by every morning just to see Jinsoul. Somehow, she didn’t have the courage to stop by and say hi. 

Jinsoul is getting the frizz out of her hair when Sooyoung turns the corner. Sooyoung scans the area, ignoring Rose. She can’t find Jinsoul at first and starts to freak out. Her whole day was ruined, Jinsoul wasn’t here, did she miss the bus? What about their tutor session?  

Then she spotted the girl’s locker, it had a bunch of cute stickers in it and Sooyoung had thought about buying her some but concluded it was too weird. Normally Jinsoul stood out from the crowd, since she never followed the dress code. Sooyoung’s jaw drops as they walk by. 

Sooyoung plants her feet down on the ground and lets Rose walk off, she doesn’t allow the girl to drag her down the hallway. Leaning back she scans the girl head to toe, losing her entire mind at what she was looking at. Jinsoul is on her tippy toes trying to reach the back off her locker and Sooyoung’s eyes were on one thing.  

Since when did Jinsoul have all that ? 

Usually Sooyoung wasn’t such a dog, but she was in shock. How could she not be. Jinsoul looks tiny in her usually apparel, but now Sooyoung could see all the curves. Those khakis looked painted on. She was surprised she didn’t start drooling.   

Jinsoul turns once she has all her stuff and squeaks when she sees who’s checking her out. Her eyes widen as Sooyoung’s does and they make eye contact. Was she just staring at her ? Sooyoung pulls her hood over her face and picks her jaw back up. Jinsoul frowns when Sooyoung is pulled off by her girlfriend. 

She doesn’t let it get her hopes up when Sooyoung keeps turning her head to look at her. Sooyoung starts to deflate when she loses sight of Jinsoul. No matter how many times she looked back, the girl was still not there. 

Because Jinsoul hasn’t moved from her spot. Her heart started to race seeing Sooyoung looking at her, but then it dropped noticing that she was holding someone's hand. 

In class Sooyoung can’t focus. How could Jinsoul be that pretty and be made like that. Thinking of it, Jinsoul’s hair was down too. Sooyoung wanted to run her fingers through it, she wanted to hold Jinsoul. She couldn’t stop thinking about her and it was starting to annoy her.   

Burying her face in her hands she groans out, “Oh my god…” It was more confusing than math.

Sooyoung shouldn’t feel this way.

~~~~ 

When she’s at the library she doesn’t find Jinsoul. Sooyoung looks around the whole place, even asks the lady if she’s seen her. The lady pushes her glasses up, “she was in here earlier but left.” Sooyoung blinks, but they were supposed to meet at five why was Jinsoul not here still.

Sooyoung searches the school then, maybe Jinsoul was hungry, but she wasn’t at the vending machines. Maybe she needed to use the bathroom, but all of them were vacant. Sooyoung doesn’t know how to handle being this sad over a girl.  

Her feet drag across the floor. Even losing a race didn’t feel this bad. God what was wrong with Sooyoung. Used to she didn’t let people affect her like this, but Jinsoul was no ordinary person. Slowly but surely, Jinsoul was ruining her. 

Sooyoung didn’t know if it was a good or bad thing.  

Walking out, it’s still pouring the rain. It reflects Sooyoung’s mood. She perseveres however. In the end it was only her. No matter how good Jinsoul made her feel. 

Not everyday would be perfect, although she considered Jinsoul perfect. 

Jinsoul is sitting under the port while watching the water fall from the roof. It was peaceful, unlike the chaos in her chest. Kim Jungeun flirted with her today, said that she was pretty. Jinsoul is giddy as hell and smiles as she scoots her feet across the concrete.  

Lately she hasn’t thought about Jungeun, but today kinda because she couldn’t stop thinking about Sooyoung and the fact she had a girlfriend. So when the blonde had told her she looked really good her heart picked it’s beat back up.  

Still, it wasn't entirely what she wanted. 

Sooyoung was such a sweetheart, Jinsoul could understand why most of the school was in love with her. Even if she was cold and chic, she had this adorably shy side to her that Jinsoul appreciated to an extent. It wasn’t for Jinsoul though, no matter how many times her friends tried to convince her, no matter how many times Sooyoung crosses her mind. 

Even more than Jungeun, her supposed crush.  

Jinsoul ignored her disappointment seeing Sooyoung hold that girl’s hand. She didn’t like Sooyoung like that, it was Jungeun. 

She widens her eyes, who was she kidding, she liked Sooyoung so damn much. “!” Jinsoul curses at her self and buries her face in her hands. Why did these things happen to her...Sooyoung should have never talked to her, she should have fit the description and be a jerk like the rest of the track team. 

But no...she was really freaking cute and charming.  

Of course she had to go and get a crush on Ha Sooyoung. But it wasn’t a typical crush like she had on Jungeun. No this was annoying because Sooyoung didn’t ignore her. This was going to be so difficult for Jinsoul to handle. Because Sooyoung was confusing, Jinsoul had no idea what that girl was thinking most of the time.  

Hell she hardly smiled.  

The difference between the two, Jinsoul knew what having a crush was like. Sooyoung was stuck with a lack of sleep and a one track mind. 

From the moment she woke up to the moment sleep finally took her it was one thing for Sooyoung.

Jinsoul Jinsoul Jinsoul  

“Jinsoul,” Sooyoung has never been so relieved to see someone. The girl turns and raises her eyebrows. “Why are you out here?” Jinsoul shrugs, oh you know just thinking about how you’re annoyingly hot and kind and it’s gonna take the strength of god to get over you. Sooyoung feels herself pouting up, “we were supposed to study today.” 

, Jinsoul had forgot.  

Sooyoung had missed Jinsoul and quickly goes to sit beside her. Scooting in close she waits for Jinsoul to apologize. Except she never does. It bothers Sooyoung to no end.  

Jinsoul is dying to try something out, “Kim Jungeun said I looked really good today.” Sooyoung narrows her eyes, why was Jinsoul thinking of Jungeun when it was only them.

Jinsoul side eyes her and shakes a bit when she sees Sooyoung’s glare. Something bubbles in her stomach, a feeling Sooyoung’s never had. It makes her roll her eyes and crosses her arms. “Well you do.” Sooyoung won’t look at Jinsoul as she says it, afraid that the girl will see her blush and shaky eyes.

She looked good everyday, but Sooyoung doesn't find the confidence to tell her. 

“Thank you…”   

Sooyoung tries to figure out this weird tightness in her tummy and why she wants to suddenly rip Jungeun’s head off while Jinsoul shivers at the chill. 

So she bumps her shoulder into Sooyoung’s, “I’m cold, can we go inside.” Sooyoung shakes her head to Jinsoul’s surprise.    

Wasn’t she good enough?

“I’m going home.” Jinsoul’s mouth drops as Sooyoung raises up. It was still pouring the rain.  

Sooyoung turns to Jinsoul, why did she want to cry? Was Jungeun more important than her? Was that why Jinsoul forgot about their meeting. Why was she even comparing herself to Junguen now? 

Jinsoul can almost hear Sooyoung’s brain working. She only brought up Jungeun to see if it made Sooyoung jealous. 

The results were satisfactory. 

“Stop it you big baby, I’m sorry I forgot about the library.” Sooyoung fights the smile and the sudden burst of energy from Jinsoul calling her baby makes her dizzy. The icky feeling is replaced by this gushy happiness as Jinsoul pokes at her stomach.  

This was so weird but Sooyoung was addicted to it. 

As the girl is poking at her she can see the goosebumps on Jinsoul’s arms and sits her bag down. “Arms up.” Jinsoul is confused but does as she’s told. Sooyoung pulls her hoodie off to shove it onto Jinsoul. The girl is engulfed in the fabric and the hood is flopped over her head. Sooyoung smiles widely, take that Kim Jungeun. 

Wait...why do I care so much?  

Sooyoung drops her smile as soon as Jinsoul pulls off the hood. She was starting to lose it, Jinsoul looked so cute in her hoodie. It was big on her already. So it engulfed the girl. Sooyoung leans forward to push up Jinsoul’s glasses. “Are you still cold?” Jinsoul shakes her head cutely and Sooyoung hums loud enough for her to hear. 

Getting some nerves she fiddles around with her hands, imagining Jinsoul’s being in them. 

Thunder booms above them and Jinsoul jumps at the sound. She’s a little bit closer to Sooyoung before. Looking back up from her hands that she were imagined being covered by Jinsoul’s she’s met with pretty black eyes staring right into hers. 

The memories roll in just like the rain clouds above. Sooyoung thought about it every night and her whole body would become warm. Once she even squealed replaying it in her mind. 

Her heart begins to race as she remembered how Jinsoul hugged and kissed her cheeks. The explosion of adrenaline and the raw emotion she had while running home.  

For 48 hours straight she was giddy, the entire weekend she smiled and skipped around. She was so high on life she forgot to eat which was rare.  

Sooyoung didn’t know what it was about Jinsoul. But this girl was like one of them drugs she heard about. “Can I have your number?” Jinsoul hasn’t said a word, just overwhelmed at all of it. 

“No.” 

Thunder doesn’t crack in reality but it does crack Sooyoung’s heart. Jinsoul tries to not laugh as Soooyoung descends into madness, “w-why?” Jinsoul shrugs and pulls the hoodie back over her head.  

This was so comfy and it smelled just like the owner. 

Sooyoung was about to out, her nerves and anxiety getting the better of her. Did Jinsoul hate her?  

All Sooyoung wanted was Jinsoul’s constant attention. It wasn’t too much to ask for right? Or was it she didn’t know...what was that word she was looking for. Needy? Was she being too needy? 

Having her number Sooyoung could accidentally facetime her at 3am when she couldn’t get Jinsoul out of her head. 

Or text her during class when she kept drawing smiley faces and hearts in her notebook when she thought of Jinsoul’s smile.  

That wasn’t being needy right? 

“I’m playing with you Jesus.” Jinsoul regretted her actions, why did Sooyoung have to look that sad. Pulling out her phone she hands it to the girl. 

Sooyoung looks at the screen, it’s a cute dog, kinda looks like fried chicken. She almost drops the phone from how hard she’s shaking. Sooyoung was giving Jinsoul her number...but she doesn’t know when she’ll get a call.

Jinsoul takes her trembling phone out of Sooyoung’s hand. Then just as quick as lighting Sooyoung runs off, “WAIT! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!” Jinsoul blinks as Sooyoung disappears in the downpour. 

Looking down the girl’s bag was still here. So was her phone and house keys. Sooyoung is smiling again, she didn’t want to show Jinsoul however. She thought it would be weird maybe…her smile was kinda ugly. 

Sooyoung sprints, using all this energy from just being around Jinsoul to power her legs. The cashier falls off his chair when Sooyoung bursts into the shop.  

The school was almost a mile away, Sooyoung had made it a little over five minutes. Panting from exhaustion Sooyoung grabs an umbrella and slaps the money on the table. She doesn’t even ask for change as she runs back out. 

The cashier looks at the money...that girl was 10 cents short. 

Sooyoung runs back with the umbrella, her time is not as good as the first run but she makes it back quickly. Jinsoul is squatted down watching the water puddle in the parking lot when she hears the smack of Sooyoung’s tennis shoes. 

Jinsoul looks up, Sooyoung has an umbrella in hand. Snapping it open she holds it over herself, thankful she can see Jinsoul again.

Jinsoul simply can’t believe Sooyoung exists. 

Sooyoung was forever thankful that Jinsoul does exist. Because this feeling she had when she was around Jinsoul was close to euphoria. 

“Can I walk you home?” 

~~~~ 

After Sooyoung is done crying because Yeojin rubbed Jinsoul’s lip gloss off her cheek (yes, Jinsoul gave her another kiss and Sooyoung cherished the small mark before it was destroyed) she lays in her bed holding her cheek that was still warm.  

Jinsoul is doing something similar, except she’s playing with the strings of Sooyoung’s hoodie. Picking up her phone she goes through the contacts, smiling when she finds the name. 

Sooyoung gasps and then erupts into giggles when she gets the notification.  

At 1am she falls asleep dreaming of soft eyes and a perfect smile. 

Jinsoul falls asleep clinging to the hoodie that she couldn’t stop burying her face in. 

~~~~  

Walking through the hallways she senses something off. Jinsoul freezes when she sees Lucas jogging towards her. Jinsoul closes her eyes and waits for it, yesterday it was mustard and she almost barfed cleaning it up. 

It never comes though, she’s not soaked or squirted with anything mysterious. When she opens her eyes a tall figure stands before her. 

Sooyoung looks at her clothes, hissing as the heat seeps to her skin. Lucas just poured hot water all over her. When she saw Jinsoul she quickly sprinted to take the hit instead. 

Jinsoul gasps when she hears Sooyoung raise her voice for the first time. “The is wrong with you!” Lucas’ ears turn red and he waves his hands around. 

“I swear to god I meant no disrespect.” Sooyoung sighs at the boy. The anger bubbles inside her chest but she doesn’t know exactly what to do with it. Lucas seemed scared of her. 

Why was it that when it was Jinsoul it was fine, just for s and giggles. But when it was her he almost seemed like he would if he giggled. 

Sooyoung doesn’t understand people. Why they pick and choose who to mess with. 

“Then why disrespect her,” she points to Jinsoul who is clinging to her books. People were starting to watch.  

Lucas looks between them, more confused than Sooyoung, “I-I don’t know.” Rolling her eyes she comes at him only for him to run away down the hall.  

He wasn’t going to fight a girl. 

“Thank you,” Sooyoung can barely hear it but it’s there, she can’t say anything back and begins to walk again. She needed to do something about this anger however and everyone gasps when she dents one of the lockers. 

Jinsoul can only turn and walk away. 

~~~~  

Taeyong is busy showing her his pocket camp and talking her ear off while she thinks of earlier today.  

Sooyoung had a bit of a temper it seemed, but even then she was still calm. It was just the burst of rage that showed Jinsoul that Sooyoung wasn’t as always relaxed as her expression showed. 

Still, seeing her punch that locker. 

It was so ing hot.

Giggling to herself Jinsoul doesn’t let it go to her head though. Right now was her Gundam time.  

Sitting in her seat she pulls out her current work in progress. The rest of the club starts their weekly discussion.  

Sooyoung is icing her fist while walking down the hallway. She thinks the anime club was in room 206. She’s right, standing in front of the door it reads the clubs name. Sooyoung has no idea what the poster is covering the door but it looks kinda cool.  

Walking in it’s full of noise until everyone notices her. Sooyoung looks around and ignores all the glares she’s receiving until her gaze lands on Jinsoul. Who is in the far back, with her tongue cutely poking out while she messes around with a toy. 

“Are you lost?” Some boy with pink hair asks, Sooyoung thinks he’s really pretty. Jinsoul looks up at the commotion and dies a little inside seeing Ha Sooyoung standing at the door. 

Jinsoul doesn’t know whether to crawl up and hide in a whole or just wither up and die. Sooyoung knows she’s in the anime club she’s going to think she’s so lame.  

Running up to the front she tries to shove Sooyoung out of the room. The rest of the group watch as Jung Jinsoul struggles to push Ha Sooyoung out of the room. Out of all the weird they’ve watch...this had to take the cake because it was really happening.

Sooyoung spins and fights against Jinsoul’s hands. The girl pushes her out successfully but isn’t quick enough to shut the door when Sooyoung forces her way back in the room.  

Jinsoul is shoving against Sooyoung’s back, “you’re not allowed in here!” Sooyoung grabs the frame of the door and leans all her weight onto Jinsoul. 

She starts to giggle, this was kinda fun, “why not? Am I not cool enough?” Jinsoul stops her assault and blocks the entrance. Sooyoung finds her balance again and turns around. Jinsoul has her nostrils flared and she’s breathing heavily. 

Wow she’s even cuter when frustrated. 

“I’m not letting you in.” Sooyoung takes it as a challenge. Jinsoul knows she’s made a mistake when she sees Sooyoung’s brow raise.  

Taeyong lets his jaw drop when he watches his friend be hoisted onto Sooyoung’s shoulder. Jinsoul fights against her but Sooyoung only carries her to the back where she was sitting before.  

Jinsoul gives up halfway through, letting herself go limp on Sooyoung’s shoulder.  

The group mumbles amongst each other as Sooyoung noisily pulls a chair up to Jinsoul’s small table.  

Sooyoung watches closely as Jinsoul shakily puts together her little robot toy. The lights dim and Sooyoung looks towards the front. The pink haired boy was playing on his laptop. 

Suddenly the projector is on playing a movie, “Hey Hyejoo loves this movie.” Sooyoung did too but she hasn’t watched it in forever. 

Jinsoul swallows nervously, it was over, it was so over.  

The movie plays and Sooyoung scoots closer to Jinsoul. The girl uses the light from the windows to assemble her gundam but the girl beside her was making it hard to focus. 

She almost breaks a piece when Sooyoung’s lips graze across her ear, “What is that?” 

“Nothing.” 

Sooyoung glances across Jinsoul’s profile, “it must be something.” Jinsoul’s sighs and slams down the piece she was trying to put on. Grabbing Sooyoung’s face she turns it toward the screen. 

“Watch the movie.” This was Jinsoul’s relaxation time, when she didn’t think about Sooyoung and her stupidly cute face. 

Sooyoung doesn’t like to follow the rules however, “no I want to talk to you.” She wanted to know about Jinsoul. About all her interests and hobbies. Everything about the girl was so intriguing to Sooyoung. 

“Watch the movie...Sooyoung.”  

Jinsoul didn’t expect to see that side of Sooyoung today when she punched a locker like a maniac. She certainly doesn’t expect this side either, “make me.” 

Sooyoung really likes when Jinsoul gets frustrated.   

Taeyong drinks on his pink drink and claws into his jeans when he hears the hushed whispers behind him disturbing everyone’s viewing session.  

“Okay fine, it’s called Gundam it’s like robots and you can build them like this.” Sooyoung nods and leans over into Jinsoul’s personal space. Jinsoul shoves her back making the girl whine. She just wanted to be close to Jinsoul. 

The lights turn on and they freeze in position. Jinsoul’s hand is palming Sooyoung’s face and the other one has a hold of Sooyoung wrist.  

Taeyong puts a hand on his hip, “Jinsoul tell me exactly why she’s here.” They break apart and Jinsoul grumbles underneath her breath when Sooyoung scoots back over. 

“Um she wanted to see what all the fun was about!” 

No one buys it, not even Sooyoung. Taeyong rolls his eyes, “she’s apart of that group, you know the one that shoves you in lockers and steals your lunch?” 

Jinsoul shakes her head, Sooyoung was nothing like that. “Taeyong she’s cool. She has nothing to do with them.” No one believes her so they need another way to get rid of Sooyoung.

It’s only fair they don’t trust her. Sooyoung was kinda the spotlight of all of them even if she’s never directly done anything to them. 

“Okay then it’s time for show and tell.” Jinsoul groans and slams her head into the table, making the pieces on the table shake. 

Taeyong smiles, “Sooyoung you can go!” They all clap and Sooyoung is led to the front of the room. “Show us something that you can contribute to the club if not you'll need to leave!” Sooyoung scratches at the back of her head. Taeyong rubs his hands together, he knew this didn’t think about anything but sports, food and ies. 

“Um I watch adventure time?” Taeyong narrows his eyes.  

“That doesn’t count, that’s a child show.” No one agreed but for the purpose to kick Sooyoung out they all shook their heads.

Jinsoul raises her head and shouts, “Sooyoung show them the lamest thing you’ve ever done!” 

“Huh?” 

Sooyoung doesn’t think she’s ever done anything lame. Except for making herself a fool in front of Jinsoul countless of times.  

“Do something you wouldn’t do in front of the entire school!” Sooyoung scratches her chin as Jinsoul slams her head back onto the table. She can’t really think of anything. 

Until it clicks, “can I use your laptop.” Taeyong who was picking at his nails blinks.  

“Um yeah go ahead” Sooyoung waddles over and types in something. Although she wasn’t entirely embarrassed doing this, she wouldn’t be comfortable showing everyone. She knows her teammates would probably poke fun at her but it wouldn’t bother her. 

Sooyoung just didn’t see the point in sharing something about herself when they wouldn’t pay attention anyways. All they cared about was her status in the school.

But this was a room full of losers who could care less about her. What could go wrong instead of totally blowing them away with her moves. 

Jinsoul is praying for Sooyoung, her friends were ruthless. Popular people had the dryest roasts ever. Taeyong’s left you hurting and crying for days.

Sooyoung clicks on the song and an ad starts playing, perfect. She runs to middle and gets in position. Her momma’s words floated through her head. 

And remember baby show off that beautiful smile! 

But Momma I hate my smile! Everyone says I look like bugs bunny! 

Don’t pay them kids no mind, baby smiling is what makes it fun. 

The first beat plays and Sooyoung smiles brightly. Everyone in the rooms jaw drops as the song starts to play out and Sooyoung cutely does the choreo. 

Jinsoul raises her head, Sooyoung is smiling right at her and god she thinks she might pass out.   

Sooyoung is really good, she doesn’t miss a beat. This was a dedicated fan. 

The athletes lightly curled hair bounces freely and she spins and twirls while mouthing the lyrics. Jinsoul surges up and starts to mirror Sooyoung’s movements, she knew the choreo too. 

Sooyoung’s smile gets impossibly wider and her nose scrunches up. She hasn’t had this much fun in forever. 

Tell me tell me tell tell tell tell tell me. 

The room begins to stand as well, Taeyong even claps along.  

Jinsoul shouldn't have made the assumption about Sooyoung. She was still the coolest girl ever.

Especially when she smiled like that. 

~~~~  

Later that afternoon Jinsoul drags Sooyoung home to show the girl her room. No longer is she afraid of talking to Sooyoung about these things. Because secretly Sooyoung was a bit of a dork too. 

Sooyoung almost has a panic attack because well she’s in Jinsoul’s room for one, two she’s embarrassed at how much she’s spent staring at Jinsoul’s pictures because she can tell where the girl took them.  

Do you think I’m weird Sooyoung?

Jinsoul asks her while they listen to K-pop and lay in Jinsoul’s bed full of stuffed animals. Sooyoung couldn’t answer her for a while because she was too focused on the fact she was in Jung Jinsoul’s bed.  

Her heart was pounding out of her chest. If she turned ever so slightly she’d be touching shoulders with the girl. If she was really confident she could even…cuddle. Sooyoung wasn’t trying to go to the hospital however. 

So she answers honestly. 

No I think you’re amazing.  

The girl turns on her side then and stares at Sooyoung’s profile. She was starting to sweat and the nausea was burning at . Thankfully Jinsoul couldn’t tell because Sooyoung’s face was expressionless as always.  

Sooyoung was too keen on staring at the ceiling when Jinsoul had pulled her up. She doesn’t know what to expect when they start to dance. 

By the time she needs to go home, she’s smiling and panting from all the dancing. Somehow in the middle of it all, Jinsoul stepped closer and grabbed her hands. 

Sooyoung doesn’t want to go home however, she just wants to keep holding Jinsoul’s hands in her own. 

~~~~

Jinsoul is sick of these ab exercises, it was a Friday afternoon. Usually she spent them with her friends, going to the movies or the mall. But Sooyoung insisted they train today. 

Failing yet another plank she watches as Sooyoung goes for another five minutes. The girl looks at her, not even out of breath. “Jinsoul you have to do these or your core will be weak.” 

Jinsoul groans, “no I don’t.” 

“Yes you do the-“ 

“The core is the most important set of muscles when it comes to running yes I know Sooyoung.” Jinsoul mocks her which makes Sooyoung deflate.  

Sooyoung is completely slumped, was she boring Jinsoul? Was she getting tired from all the repetitive training? Sooyoung loved practicing with Jinsoul, it was a lot less lonely than her normal routine where’d she do these things until she was about to pass out. 

Laying on her tummy to rest she sadly sighs out, “Okay, you can go home I guess.” Sooyoung turns her head, she couldn’t believe it. But she was about to cry.  

She loved spending time with Jinsoul and times like these she cherished. But today she’s bored the girl to death. Now she wouldn’t be able to walk her home and get her usual cheek kiss and hug. 

What if Jinsoul started to constantly get bored of her?

Jinsoul smiles and crawls over to Sooyoung to shake her. “Stop I don’t want to go home, I just want to have fun.” Sooyoung turns and shows offense through her eyes. Jinsoul backtracks, “I mean this is super fun! But like something different.”  

Sometimes Jinsoul couldn’t believe how much of a big baby Sooyoung was. 

Sooyoung narrows her eyes, “Don't lie, for real.” Jinsoul laughs and rests her head on Sooyoung’s back.  

“I won’t lie this is the bane of my existence, but I really like you.” Sooyoung bites her lip as Jinsoul mumbles into the muscles of her back. Both of them start to laugh and Sooyoung squirms since the vibration of Jinsoul’s giggles tickle her skin. 

Raising up she rests on her elbows as Jinsoul kneels beside her. Jinsoul smiles at her and points towards her glasses. Sooyoung stretches to grab them but jerks them away when the owner tries to take them.  

Jinsoul knows what she wants and leans forward to let Sooyoung put them on her. Sooyoung coos at her receiving a playful slap or two on the back. Ever since that day at the anime club Jinsoul has noticed that Sooyoung has gotten more comfortable around her. 

She seems relaxed and she isn’t afraid of smiling. It pulls at Jinsoul’s heart. Seeing that smile. 

“I wanna go to the mall.” It’s kinda exciting, she wanted to get Sooyoung something. For everything she’s done for her. For simply being her friend.  

Sooyoung sighs and raises up, “okay, I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

“What why?” 

She begins to stretch out her limbs, maybe she’ll try and call Jinsoul tonight to compensate for the loss of time here. “I’m gonna train some more you don’t have to stay.” 

Jinsoul pouts and grabs onto her ankle, “I don’t want to go without you though.”  

“I have to train some more Jinsoul!”

The girl in glasses rolls her eyes, she admired Sooyoung’s hard work. But did she ever take the time to have a little fun? “Fine I’ll stay until you’re done.” Sooyoung grumbles and they argue for a bit. 

Jinsoul being too stubborn and Sooyoung feeling bad for keeping Jinsoul.

In the end, Jinsoul sits on the bleachers to watch Sooyoung go at it. Secretly she enjoyed it. Especially today, when Sooyoung barely wore anything because it was too hot. 

She was almost sweating too by the time Sooyoung was done.  

Late in the evening, the sun softly glowing behind them, Jinsoul leads them to the bus stop. They chit-chat about nonsense mostly Jinsoul joking around and Sooyoung being obsessed, laughing at every one of them. 

Settled on the bus Jinsoul pulls out a pair of headphones. Sooyoung chews at her nails as she gets nervous, maybe Jinsoul likes music a lot. Maybe that’s why Kim Jungeun would be a better pick for her. 

Jinsoul offers her the left side, Sooyoung refuses at first but then Jinsoul shoves it in her ears. She doesn’t expect to hear wonder girls playing.  

Sooyoung smiles as she mouths the lyrics, her smile takes over her face when Jinsoul leans her head on her shoulder.  

~~~~ 

“Why are we here?” It was a sportswear house. Jinsoul shakes her head and continues to walk around. First she needed some running outfits, second she was going to buy Sooyoung a pair of new track shoes.   

Jinsoul pushes Sooyoung down into a bench and holds her down when she tries to get up. “Sit and be a good little Sooyoung okay?” Jinsoul laughs strangely as she walks off. 

Jinsoul finds a worker as quickly as she can, “excuse me! Can you help me with something?” The worker looks her up and down. “Please?” 

She doesn’t know what she’s doing, she’s not even sure if the worker knows what he’s doing. But they pick out a number of track shoes. All colors that Jinsoul likes. 

Sooyoung lets her jaw hang when Jinsoul comes back with at least ten pairs of shoes. “Jinsoul what are you-“ 

Stacks of shoes are sat beside her and Jinsoul waves off the worker so she can have some privacy with Sooyoung. “I just wanna see how some of these fit on you.” Taking off Sooyoung’s old track shoes Jinsoul almost gags at the pungent smell. 

Sooyoung tucks her feet under her legs from embarrassment, Jinsoul who is shaking reassures her, “they’re not that bad here give me those piggies.” Jinsoul takes the opportunity as Sooyoung laughs to pull her feet back down. God they smelled terrible, but that was okay. 

Wiping her tears from her eyes, she can’t help but say, “you’re so weird…” 

Jinsoul looks up at her while she tries shoving a pair on, “you like it.” If Sooyoung had said that to her when they first met she thinks she would have died. But now she knew it was a compliment by the way Sooyoung was staring at her.  

Eyes crinkled from her smile. Cheeks dusted with a blush. Yeah, Sooyoung liked it a lot.  

Jinsoul slips ever shoe on for her. Sooyoung felt like she was Cinderella. When she was a little girl people always told her she’d find her Prince Charming until she found out she liked the princesses. 

Staring down at Jinsoul who is holding her breath to combat the stank of her feet, she thinks. Jinsoul might be the closest thing to her Prince Charming. 

She giggles as she feels the butterflies and tingling feeling inside her chest. Sooyoung had started to do research on these feelings and it was coming to one big conclusion. 

Maybe she did have a bit of a crush on Jinsoul. 

How could she not though? Just look at Jinsoul… 

Jinsoul was currently hacking her lungs out without covering . It was like being in a gas chamber. 

Sooyoung smiles though, too giddy to notice that she was choking Jinsoul out with her foot funk. 

Still she wasn’t entirely sure of her feelings nor Jinsoul’s. So per usual she went with the flow. Kept her chill and let life do whatever.  

Though now she could understand why people were dying to have this feeling. Because god did Jinsoul drive her crazy. Sooyoung couldn’t stop thinking about her.  

“Okay that’s all of them, which ones did you like the most.” Jinsoul is holding her nose and it makes her voice funny. Sooyoung stifles her laugh and looks around. There was a red pair that felt extremely light and just seemed to wrap around her foot perfectly.  

She points to them and Jinsoul picks them up. Sooyoung starts to protest when she goes to the counter, “wait I don’t have any money!” 

Jinsoul shrugs, “they’re not for you.” Sometimes Jinsoul didn’t give herself enough credit. “I don’t know jack about track shoes so I let you try them on to see which ones were the best.” Sooyoung beats herself up for assuming. Jinsoul chuckles as she puts the shoes up to the counter. 

The worker stares at the mess they left behind. Sooyoung is putting on her crappy shoes when Jinsoul is checking out.  

She was a bit relieved that the shoes were not for her because she couldn’t pay for them, and she didn’t want Jinsoul to. Sooyoung was glad Jinsoul was finally taking it seriously. 

After a few hours of just roaming around they settle around the food court, tucked into a corner by themselves with a mountain of food between them.  

The thing is, 80% of it was Sooyoung’s. Jinsoul had said she would pay so Sooyoung didn’t want to waste the opportunity. Jinsoul wasn’t mad that half her allowance was gone, but more amazed that the girl kept ordering and ordering. 

It’s even more amazing that she puts it all down. Jinsoul barely nibbles on her food as Sooyoung shoves hers in like she hasn’t eaten in weeks. Jinsoul shakes her head when she’s on her forth corn dog. 

“How…” 

Sooyoung is chewing on a chicken nugget when Jinsoul asks, “hmm?” 

Jinsoul leans over to see most of the food gone, wrappers are everywhere and Sooyoung is tearing the one to her burger open. “You’re like this big around,” she connects her fingers together to make a little circle, “but you can put all of that in to this.” She gestures to the papers before pointing at her selfmade a circle. 

Sooyoung pauses mid bite suddenly feeling self conscious. “I have to report this!” Jinsoul pulls out her phone and goes to her notes app, jotting down everything Sooyoung ate. 

“How much do you weigh?” 

“Like 120 maybe less?”

Jinsoul looks up at her and shakes her head, “amazing…” Jinsoul starts to make tables and everything. She wanted to monitor Sooyoung for a little while. 

“Are you still hungry?” Sooyoung shrugs she doesn’t want to look like a fat or something. 

Jinsoul pushes her own food towards her, “here eat this too.” Sooyoung narrows her eyes, not liking this idea. “From now on please text me everything you eat okay?” 

“I don’t know Jinsoul…” 

“Why?” 

Sooyoung frowns, “do I really eat that much?” Her moms have always gripped from how much she ate but now even Jinsoul was making a big deal about it. 

“No not really, it’s just weird that you’re still insanely hot but eat a bunch of fatty foods.” Sooyoung blushes as Jinsoul clasps her hand around . 

Giggling to herself she replays the words in her mind, “you think I’m hot?” She doesn’t know why it makes her tummy flip. Plenty of girls have countlessly told her that they wanted her to * them until they * and *. But just the simplest of words from Jinsoul had her actually feeling…hot. 

“I didn’t say that…” Jinsoul can’t believe she said that. “But yeah.” 

Sooyoung bites at her lip staring at her uneaten burger. “Doesn’t everyone think you are?” Jinsoul mumbles out and continues to type away on her phone. Curse Sooyoung and her nice lips and tone stomach. 

“You’re not just anyone Jinsoul.” They share a look. It’s almost night outside and they’re tucked away in some smelly food court eating greasy food. 

But to them, it was the most romantic thing they’ve ever experienced.  

“I think you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met.” In that moment Sooyoung finds her confidence and Jinsoul gets called beautiful for the first time. Most beautiful at that.   

They don’t know it yet, but the look they’re sharing with each other at that moment is their first exchange of love.

~~~~ 

Sooyoung walks her home again. But this time is different from all the last times. They pass by the same chain link fence and Sooyoung glides her fingers across. 

Jinsoul quietly walks beside her. 

They were holding hands.  

While Jinsoul was content inside. Her whole chest warm at the fact her hand was entangled with Sooyoung’s she can’t stop her thumb over the girls knuckles. 

Sooyoung was about to pass out.  

Oh my god she’s holding my hand...oh my god.

She had her eyes closed as Jinsoul guided them through the night, it was Friday and even though she has a curfew she didn’t want to go home. 

Thankfully Jinsoul didn’t either. So instead of cutting their walk short at her house, she takes a turn for the park.   

Sooyoung tries to keep her breath even but it’s hard when Jinsoul’s hand is that soft. All those overwhelming feelings return and Sooyoung goes through the process again and again and again.

This time she thinks it’s the greatest thing to happen to her. 

She knows her palm is greasy, she was sweating bullets. Sooyoung really hopes Jinsoul isn’t too affected by it. But the girl wasn’t, in fact she kinda liked it. 

They take a long walk around the park in the dark. Nothing is said because all the communication is through the touch and the small sighs everytime Sooyoung squeezes her hand to make sure Jinsoul was real. 

Jinsoul doesn’t know what it is, but this was more than just a crush. It was becoming real...because most of the time they were one sided and she admired them from afar. 

But Sooyoung stuck around her. And did things like this that made her feel all gooey inside. 

Sooyoung had never had a crush, at first it was the worst thing ever. Since she and Jinsoul barely spoke besides tutoring and Practice. Now it was the best thing that’s ever happened to her. 

Suddenly they stop and Sooyoung opens her eyes. They’re in front of Jinsoul’s house. Disappointment fills her chest, she wouldn’t see Jinsoul for two days now. How was she supposed to survive this weekend now? 

After she knows what it’s like to hold Jinsoul’s hand. 

Sooyoung can’t simply think about it, even though she will, because it won’t be close enough to the real thing.  

Jinsoul raises her fist to kiss at her knuckles. Sooyoung physically swoons, “can you do that again?” The girl nods and plants her lips onto her bruised knuckles again. 

Nothing has ever felt this good to Sooyoung.  

She stares at the girl who affectionately looks up at her through her glasses. Sooyoung can’t stand it anymore, she wanted to hold Jinsoul. 

Jinsoul squeaks when she's lifted into the air. Her shopping bags drop and she balances herself by wrapping her arms around Sooyoung’s shoulders. Sooyoung squeezes her arms around the girl’s waist, she was so tiny.  

Jinsoul’s feet dangle off the ground and melts into the hug. She can hardly breathe but Sooyoung was so warm, she thought it was more of a priority than oxygen. “Jinsoul you make me feel really strange.”  

Sooyoung buries her face into her chest and Jinsoul blushes a bit. “You’re so cute and you make my chest all tingly.” Jinsoul looks up at the sky. 

Thank you God for answering my prayers.

“You make me really nervous, sometimes I don’t know what to say to you but I just want to hear your voice.” Sooyoung has never been the nervous kinda person, but god she felt like she was going to explode around Jinsoul.

The only way she was saying these things is because Jinsoul was looking at her with those soft eyes. The ones that made her light headed. “When I go home I think about you until I fall asleep.” Jinsoul gasps above her and Sooyoung squeezes her really tight before putting her down.  

“I’m gonna go do that now.”

Jinsoul’s face is bewildered and it scares Sooyoung, so she sprints off towards the direction of her home. 

Her heart is going to burst, Jinsoul Jinsoul Jinsoul. 

Jinsoul screams, “HA SOOYOUNG YOU'RE SO!” It’s too late however because well Sooyoung was the fastest girl in the school. She squats down and screams into her palm. Ha Sooyoung you’re so…

Sooyoung also had the fastest beating heart. 

All thanks to Jinsoul. 

~~~~