Sacrifice

Love : Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You may now kiss the bride"

The Priest says and it's a cue to me to leave the wedding hall, walking outside, I found a perfect spot to hide from the happy crowd inside, standing alone while looking at the night sky, and the tears I held these past hours starts flowing. in case you wondering, this is the wedding of my best friend Kim Minjoo and her wife.
I'm very happy for them, but deep inside it hurts. My lips keep smiling but my eyes say otherwise. 

I've fallen in love with Minjoo, she was my first love and still is, but I'd rather keep the privilege of being her best friend. I can't risk our friendship.

One time, I witness our friend confessed to her and of course she rejected, her reason was "I don't date my friends, and I don't make friends with someone I want to date".

So...
Yeah...

I choose to hold back even I can't act like I don't love her but, since we were that close, safe to say that maybe Minjoo thinks that I was being caring and protective friend.

=========================================

I met Minjoo in high school, we were classmate, since the first day she already becomes a hot topic at school, her visual of course play the vital part, but she seems bothered by that. Upperclassmen every day, they will visit our class to see her every time even at the cafeteria. Some of our classmates already try to warn them, but it was useless.

Until one day, lunchtime at the school cafeteria, I saw Minjoo eating alone, then some boys approached her and sat at her table. She asked them to leave her politely, she even moves to another table but they still follow her. I was standing 3 meters from there about to buy a drink from a vending machine, I get sick from their action, I tried to restrain myself but after I saw how disturbed she was, I walk towards her table and warn them with a low voice.

"Hey douchebag," I said

The three of them turn their heads to me like they were admitting that all of them indeed a group of a douchebag.

"Leave her alone, don't try to flirt, she's not interested in you, you and you" Pointed my index finger to each of them.

"And who are you dare talk to upperclassmen like that?" The boy who seems like their leader stand and talk to me with a "very intimidating" tone.

One of them saw my name tag, his eyes widen and then he whispers something to the other two and after looked at me from top to bottom confirming something, they just leave.

"Are you okay?" I patted her shoulder

"Thanks to you, finally I can eat peacefully, Chaewon right?, I'm Minjoo" she offered her hand for a handshake.

"I know, anyway finish your meal, see you at class," I shook her hand and immediately tried to go back to the class. I walked exactly five steps and then I heard someone called my name

"Uh...Chaewon!!"

It was Minjoo. I stop and turn around

"Why?"

"Can you sit with me until I finished my lunch? if you don't mind of course."

I didn't answer her, I just walk back to her table and sit. 

"Thank you, have you eaten by the way?" 

"I haven't, I will eat later, at home" I replied the first-ever friendly question I receive since day one I attend this school

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot it"

"Who are you? , why those three guys just leave when they barely know you?" I was shocked, I thought I quite famous and here sitting in front of me a clueless girl asking who I am. 

I grab my phone, type my name on search engine and shows the results to her, some articles with my name and my photographs.

- Kim Chae Won set the record, Three consecutive gold medal in junior high school Taekwondo championship -

- Kim Enterprise heiresses Chaeyeon and Chaewon stating to the public by winning Dancing and Taekwondo competition respectively -

"You? you are the Kim Chaewon?" She shocked and almost spilt her drinks to me.

"Hey, hey, be careful there princess,"

"My bad, I was surprised, I couldn't believe you are the Kim Chaewon"

"It's just Kim Chaewon, My family name is Kim, not The Kim,"

"I never thought someone like you attend public school? aren't that all of the high profile citizen go to Rose Private Highschool? Are your sisters attend this school too? where is she?"

"Hold on there cinderella, no need to be like that, for a second I thought you were a reporter,"
I strongly believe she will ask at least another 29,042,021 questions if I don't stop her

"I don't like school that operates as a business trading centre, and my twin she goes to art school she's a dance major, is there another question snow white?"

"Wanna be friends?" 

"Well... I sit here waiting for you to finish your lunch, aren't we friends already? we are classmates anyway,"

"Had to make sure, you know.... in case you don't intend to have friends, I notice you never talk to anybody in class"

"Keep imagining things Pochahontas, I talk when the teachers called my name,"

"That was not talking, that's answering!!, and why you keep mentioning Disney princesses?"

"They are beautiful, so does you, should I called you frog instead?"

"Now you're the one who flirts,"

"I'm not!!, just try to be friendly,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter