Safe With Me

Drabbles | JENLISA Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's Note:) This was first published on twitter a year ago and for keepsake, this will be stored here.

 

***

Title: Safe With Me
Inspiration: Safe with me by JoJo

***

 

 

Despite the cooling system, Jennie was partly soaked in sweat after getting crazy in the dance floor. Jumping, swaying her hips and letting her limbs dance along to every beat of the songs that the DJ played. Is she a party animal? Not really. Why is she here? Because she's free.

Jennie sat in one of the bar stools as she wipes her sweat out of her skin — from her forehead all the way down to her neck as she let her purse rests on top of the bar counter. "A glass of cold water, please." she asks from the young gentleman which was answered by a nod.

A woman clad in a black thigh length dress with one shoulder being exposed & a pair of black stilettos, hair tied in a high pony tail exposing her neck & nape with a hanging silvertone necklace highlighted with a letter "L" pendant partying alone in a bar surely gets love calls.

So Jennie did, a few moments after getting her glass of water, a man holding a glass of what Jennie assumes as wine approached and sat next to her.

 

"Hi. Sorry if I somehow look creepy but David by the way." he offers a hand for a handshake. Jennie stares at him for a while and soon returned the gesture. Hanging out with someone won't hurt, would it?

"No, you're good since you approached nicely. I'm Jennie." she says and their contact was separated.

"Nice name. I'll be honest to keep on not being creepy." he says which made Jennie chuckle.

"Okay go ahead."

"I was watching you earlier when you're in the dance floor and boy I could've sworn all the men in the club were gawking." Jennie stares at him with an amused smirk, she knows he's flirting.

"And that includes you, am I right?"

"Ops. Busted." he shyly says.

Jennie chuckles and takes another sip from her water. The man named David saw it and asks. "Would you like to get something to drink other than water? It'll be on me."

Jennie looks at him and says. "I'll have it later. I got too sweaty, I need water."

"Okay, on me, alright?"

"If you say so, Sir." Jennie says as she takes another sip from the cold water.

"By the way are you alone?" he asks after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes." Jennie replies after emptying her glass of water.

"You?" When David noticed the empty glass, he raised a hand for service.

"I have my friends somewhere but they'd probably ditched me again." he says.

"What drink do you want to have?"

"Any suggestions?"

David stares at her for a while. "Margarita on the rocks, perhaps? Take it slow."

Jennie raised an eyebrow. "Too soft but okay, I'll take it."

David chuckles. "Like I said, take it slow. MOTR would be a perfect starter."

"If you say so, thanks."

"No biggie. Anyway, why are you alone though? I mean coming in a bar alone is kind of like lonely."

Jennie shakes her head whilst chuckling, her head spins back to “her”.

That comment reminds her so much of her when they first met over two year ago. "Nah, I usually bring my friends but this time, I just want to come here alone."

David thanks the bartender so did Jennie after serving her drink with the lemon and salt around the rim of the glass.

"I see." David replies. "Uhm, would you mind if I am going to accompany you tonight by the way?"

Jennie takes a sip from her glass and winces as the bitterness spiked with alcohol and salt had slowly drip down along , grabbing the lemon to help her recover from the taste. "Sure."

 

And so David became Jennie's companion for the night. They've talked about random things, whatever comes in their mind would become their topic but obviously not touching the topic that was deemed to be prohibited in a bar filled with flirtatious moves and talks — relationship.

None of them seemed to care about it though. He finished at least 7 full glasses of his own liquor and Jennie finished at least 3 full shots of her own drink — intoxicated but somehow still conscious of everything she says and does. Still aware of what's happening around her.

During her 4th glass, Jennie sensed him moving close to her, skinships are slowly showing and much more vulgar words are being used in their conversations. Liquor surely boosts up someone's confidence and drags you out of your shell, it activates something you've been hiding.

Jennie knows this is wrong, she knows what's going to happen if she continues this however the rebel and feeling of getting out there to have fun once again over rules her logic and consciousness. That when David leans in for a kiss she gladly accepted it. Liquor has its way.

The kiss didn't last long but it was long enough to make them an item for the entire night. They talk once again, from boring topics to funniest ones — they've both seemed to cover it up until Jennie's phone went off for an incoming call.

Curious, Jennie stops talking which was then soon got a permission from the man to check whoever is calling her in case it was an emergency. She opens her purse and saw the caller ID.

Jennie's throat dried and her head spins.

Calling... “Lisa”

She quickly placed her phone on mute when the call ended. She placed the phone back in her purse when it signals for a new call, it's from her.

 

"You should answer that." he says.

"Nah, it's fine. Where were we?" Jennie says and let their conversation flow again.

 

Who is Lisa? Why is she calling her?

Lisa, Lisa Manoban — the woman Jennie gladly said “Yes” over a year ago.

The woman who's currently in New York attending a fashion show as one of a brand's catwalk models, the woman she's in a relationship.

How ed isn't it?

Lisa had been out of the country for almost a month due to her job as a supermodel of a modelling company who's always being contacted whenever Fashion Weeks start. This separation wasn't the first time Jennie had to deal w/ but it's the first time she'd ever done the forbidden.

Jennie's phone went off so many times that night but never heard a single of it — putting her device on mute, the loud music in the bar & the man talking and flirting in front of her distracted her from her lover, from the woman who seeks for comfort before walking on the runway.

Getting intoxicated with a man blatantly flirting with her in a bar somewhere far from the metropolis to avoid bumping into someone who knows her while the woman in the other side of the world is still trying to reach for her comfort, her safety blanket — her girlfriend.

In Seoul, she is in the dance floor so she could dance the night away filled with kissing, grinding and groping. In New York, she's walking, branding and impressing everyone who are attending the event.

 

One is working while the other one — no sugar coating needed — cheating.

 

15 minutes past 2 o'clock in the morning when Jennie decided to call it a night — tipsy, high and intoxicated. She'd refused the man's offer of sending her home because her alibi was that she lives far from the place when in fact, it's just bcs of being afraid of getting caught.

Jennie was knocked straight out of consciousness when she'd arrived home and woke up 30 minutes past 9 o'clock in the morning — having one of the worst hangover she has ever had. Once done freshening up, Jennie finally checks her phone which was left abandoned in almost 12 hrs.

16 missed calls and 16 unread messages from Lisa. That's the time her guilt creeps inside her consciousness. She had totally forgotten the routine that Lisa usually does before her runway — it's by calling her to let her nerves calm down. She felt horrible & disgusted to herself.

 

Her guilt grows upon seeing the messages from Lisa.

"I miss you." 

"You're probably asleep, I'm nervous but sleep well, love."

"I love you."

"This is the first time I'm not able to hear your voice before the walk. It feels really weird."

"Done! I made it but I miss you."

 

In times when Lisa was missing her, she's out there kissing another man. In times when Lisa was seeking for her comfort, she's out there getting her own from a total stranger. In times when Lisa was asking for attention, she was out there enjoying the lust driven advances.

After getting her daily doze of caffeine, Jennie finally calls her back which was then answered after 2 rings.

 

"Hey!" comes a lively reply. Her guilt worsen.

"Hello. I am so sorry for the unanswered calls and texts."

"No no it's okay. You were probably so tired after work."

 

Jennie almost choked and burned herself from her coffee. She knows it's unhealthy and most especially wrong to hide it from her but she doesn't have the courage to tell her everything because she knows Lisa will leave her and she can't take that. No. Not ever.

She knows that she shouldn't keep anything from her but her logic says that she's hiding it away because she loves her. Selfish? Definitely. Why is she doing it? Because she can't imagine breaking things up with her. Why did she do it in the first place? She doesn't really know.

So she'd decided to keep everything locked and unrecoverable. If keeping it hidden until her last breath would be the only way to not lose her then she's willing to do that. Last night, it's the night that she will never be proud of. The night she'd broken her promise to her.

 

A promise they've both made over a year ago. A promise that Jennie never thought she'd ever break. A promise that could shatter not only their hearts but their plans for their future.

"I promise to never cheat on you. I love you."

Promises are indeed made to be broken.

 

"Hey, you still there?" Lisa speaks when Jennie did not reply.

"O..oh, yeah. Sorry, day dreamt for a while. How's the show?"

"It was fun! Nerve-wracking but super fun. Got to meet several fashion designers and celebrities too." The enthusiasm in Lisa voice is very obvious.

"You though? How's work? Got a new design? Rested well?"

 

The pure happiness, excitement & pureness in Lisa's voice broke her. It creates cracks after cracks in her being because she just cheated on someone who truly cares for her. Who truly sees her as who she is as a person. Jennie was trying so hard not to break down because Lisa easily gets worried and that's not good considering their distance so she breathed in and out before answering.

"Yeah I did. The designs will be pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter