Hands Locked

I Woke Up With No Memories And Wake Up With A Beautiful Girl As My Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon had been awfully clingy to Chaeyeon for the past few weeks. She would tend to hug her out of thin air, or magically open the door of her room to only know the next day her pretty fiancé sleeping beside her. Instead of being uncomfortable with her, unlike their first interactions. She grew accustomed to it.

 

They don’t talk that much, Hyewon is pretty much silent throughout the day and Chaeyeon wasn’t any different. A simple “How’s your day,” she would ask whenever Hyewon comes back from home and the same “It was great,” would be her response. It would like they weren’t close but Chaeyeon knows that’s just how Hyewon works. Her actions speak louder than most words. And Chaeyeon liked how Hyewon works, it was just her.

 

It was Saturday and Hyewon don’t have work during the weekdays. Waking up rather early, Chaeyeon couldn’t help but smile at the sight she’s accustomed to. Her hair tied up in a ponytail along with her favorite baggy t-shirt. Sitting on the couch with her phone too close to her face, immersed.

 

Obviously, she was watching the latest episode of her favorite anime.

 

“Chae! Your right on time, the fight scene is about to start,” Hyewon finally looked at Chaeyeon after noticing her presence and she gladly took the seat beside her.

 

Spending time with Hyewon was rather influential, there was the time she thought it was childish of the said girl watching those animated shows. It was just eye-widening honestly. As always, she has always thought Hyewon as the type who would prefer to read or watch dramas, but never did she ever thought of anime.

 

Anyway, people change. Well not really. She still doesn’t get the concept of anime (she still prefers those over-cliché dramas) but the focused look of Hyewon whilst watching and whenever she would explain the plotline, one could see how a small smile tugs upon her lips. She loves it and Chaeyeon loves watching her. It was amusing per se.

 

Hyewon moved closer to Chaeyeon, laying her head to the still-person shoulder. Chaeyeon smiled at the touch, skin ships with Hyewon was never uncomfortable. It was natural and comfortable.

 

“Oh, didn’t that character die on the last episode?” Chaeyeon asks and Hyewon giggled because of her question.

 

“Well, the power of friendship is really strong,” she cracked a joke, naturally Chaeyeon laughed. It is just like her dramas, they hit their head then the next thing is amnesia.

 

The position they’re in. Chaeyeon would not ask for more. It was just perfect.

 

Oh, right.

 

“When are you leaving?”

 

Hyewon felt stiff for a moment, Chaeyeon wasn’t sure why it’s just a question. She didn’t know in the first place if it weren’t for her new ‘daughter’ Wonyoung, who looked incredibly nervous as if she shouldn’t have spilled out about Hyewon leaving.

 

“Tomorrow noon,” Hyewon replied. Her eyes still avoiding Chaeyeon’s.

 

Chaeyeon just nodded and held to the hem of her shirt tightly and subtly. Something was going on. Surely there is.

 

Tomorrow came in a flash. She was reluctant on seeing Hyewon going out for the day, a week perhaps.

 

She sat on her usual chair at the backyard of their house. It was almost killing her. The curiosity, the possibilities, and the indifference of Hyewon. 

 

Talking through Eunbi regarding this issue isn’t a choice, she probably knows and would give a lame excuse.

 

The realization hits her. Every last week of the month, Hyewon goes out for a week or so. At first, it was normal for her since she didn’t feel any towards the girl, now they felt much closer than before.

 

It wasn’t love.

 

In those movies and dramas, she has currently read. Love is something so intense that just by seeing the person could make your heart go wild or that you can sacrifice your life for that special someone, its different per situation. Neither of those situations Chaeyeon felt. It is more on, she likes seeing Hyewon. She felt at peace with the girl. Maybe not romantically in a sense.

 

That’s what she believes in.

 

Somehow when Hyewon leaves. There’s a train of thoughts that would come to her. That leaving her wasn’t a hassle for the latter, as it was easy.

 

And sometimes she would get convinced by those thoughts. Thank God Eunbi helps her through putting down those worthless thoughts of hers. One day it would be the death of her.

 

She let out a grunt and went back to her new rehabilitation. Recovering her memories.

 

A notification tune from her phone abruptly disrupts her thoughts. It was Yena, the new neurologist that would help her recov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter