A Bowl Of Takoyaki

I Woke Up With No Memories And Wake Up With A Beautiful Girl As My Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Chaeyeon, watched the cold wooden door of Hyewon’s room, unmoving. It's already three in the afternoon and her fiancé didn’t show any signs of going outside of her room after yesterday's misunderstanding. She could only sigh in disappointment with herself, they were certainly getting closer and ruined it.

 

She knew that she shouldn’t have said that.

 

“Not because we’re in a relationship in the past, it’s the same as now!”

 

Oh god, just remembering herself spitting out those words already makes her shudder in regret. How insensitive of her. She not even worthy of the love and care Hyewon is feeling to her. Why her? What even good about herself in the past that a girl like Hyewon would love her?

 

Chaeyeon knew she was nothing.

 

Not a single attribute nor charming point of her could even make a person like her.

 

Amidst her thoughts, Eunbi appeared, looking in a hurry.

 

“Chaeyeon, have you eaten yet?”

 

What?

 

“What are you doing here? Wasn’t today supposed to be your day off?”

 

Eunbi looked around, as if cautious of someone and tiptoed, whispering into Chaeyeon’s ears

 

“Hyewon called me.”

 

She paused for a moment and cheekily smiled, somewhat in a teasing tone “and both of you are having a so-called couple fight.”

 

“I couldn’t deny that. I did start it.”  

 

“Let's talk at the kitchen,” Eunbi said and pulled Chaeyeon down to the stairs, leaving her to follow the older girl.

 

Eunbi was currently busy cooking pancakes, as Chaeyeon is incapable/ have a little knowledge of cooking. It did putt her off, Eunbi would always appear right at the perfect timing whenever her and Hyewon were in a not so friendly atmosphere. It made her question, surely even they were friends, a friend wouldn’t travel so far just for a fight between them, “Eunbi… what are you doing here for real?”

 

“I’m here to be your mom today,” Eunbi said calmly, laughing a little bit as she said those words.

 

“No aside from that, what did Hyewon told you? The truth please.”

 

Eunbi paused for a little, “The truth? She sounded really hurt when we talked through the phone, but she was worried about you. Although she still has no strength to confront you as of now,” her calm pose didn’t match the slight anger in her tone. She has the right to get angry at her, especially the way she has said those words yesterday.

 

“Really? That sounds like her.”

 

“Chaeyeon I know everything is still new to you. I wouldn’t even know what I would do if I would lose my memories, but please consider also Hyewon’s feelings, she’s also having a hard time adjusting to this.”

 

To be honest, Chaeyeon felt despaired upon hearing those words, she’s been selfish. A brat waking up from a coma and would have a memory loss. That was her, she thought she got it hard. She felt guilty for feeling this way, but it was the truth.

 

When she learned Hyewon was her fiancé, she couldn’t help but feel dismayed, even panicking a little. As if a burden has been added on the back of her shoulders that she must somehow remember everything about the girl. Much to her luck, no memory resurfaced.

 

If only she had experience regarding relationships, maybe they wouldn’t be in this position and she should’ve been wiser about her choices in general. Despite that she wasn’t entirely doing any progress almost two months in, she still hasn’t learned the art of loving Hyewon.

 

Chaeyeon closed her eyes and sighed inwardly. She doesn’t know when or until this relationship will last. The thought already makes her shiver in fear. Anything but that. In the meantime, Eunbi finishes up cooking a handful of pancakes and places it in front of her.

 

“Thank you for the food,” Chaeyeon gratefully said to Eunbi.

 

Eunbi eyed Chaeyeon whilst she ate, it bugged her with the way Eunbi is looking at her and couldn’t hold in it any longer, “Eun, why are you… looking at me like that?”

 

“How are you?”

 

“I’m good?”

 

“Chae I’m not only your physical therapist but also your friend. Both of you and Hyewon’s.”

 

“While you were eating I’ve noticed you were distracted, a lot. Care to tell me? I’m sure this is not just about the fight.”

 

Chaeyeon stared at her hands contemplating how she will explain her feelings towards everything, “I think… this relationship won’t last, it's surprising but I realize we’re too different,” she said in one breath, it might be little but for her, it was difficult to say those. It was silly honestly.

 

“That was dumb, Lee Chaeyeon,” Eunbi stifles a laugh, it offended Chaeyeon. Why would she laugh at this crucial time for both of them?

 

“Sorry, it's just--- do you know how much Hyewon loves you?” Eunbi questions her, Chaeyeon stopped with her answer of ‘yes’ and shook her head. No, she doesn’t.

 

“That’s the problem of you, Lee. Hyewon would give up her life she was told if that could save you when you were in a coma.”

 

Eunbi stopped talking and focused her gaze in front of her. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon’s gaze was set on her food as if she were being scolded by her mom, “I’ve known both of you and Hyewon was the most different with you. It was a new whole Kang Hyewon whom we have never known she capable of being if it weren’t for you.”

 

She reached out her hand and grabbed onto Chaeyeon’s trying to match their eyes level, “Chae… I know my words aren’t comforting if it isn’t coming straight from Hyewon’s mouth. But trust me on this one. She loves you with her whole life, after all, you’re her reason to live.”

 

After hearing the warm thoughts of Eunbi, all the uneasiness in her heart cleared. She’s right, about everything. Deep down she knew, she doesn't dare to try. She was just saying she could, but it was the whole opposite. But it was worth to try.

 

“Also do you want this book?”

 

Chaeyeon lifted her eyebrows, out of curiosity, without a word her eyes bulged out with the title of the book Eunbi is holding on her right hand.

 

A Successful Guide For Relationship Beginners.

 

Chaeyeon spat out the pancakes she just ate upon reading the title. It sounds like one of those fraud books that would never work on a real relationship.

 

“The hell, Chae. The pancake is all over me!”

 

“Well, you were too,” Chaeyeon cough in a rough matter and continued her words, “surprising!”

 

She acted cheekily, showing a sneaky smile, lowering the book to be put into her bag, “Not my fault, but it does seem like you don’t want it.”

 

Thinking about it it might sound naïve but that book might have some useful… information, “Stop there Eun!”

 

“You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter