Second Thoughts

I Woke Up With No Memories And Wake Up With A Beautiful Girl As My Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day after, Chaeyeon and Eunbi hauled together in a blanket. Watching over some action-based movie.

 

They weren’t planning in the first place watching the movie. But Chaeyeon was a mess for the whole day. Every minute that would pass Chaeyeon would ask Eunbi if Hyewon texted her or would even bug her to death on texting the latter as Hyewon wouldn’t text them first. Eunbi all could but to listen and follow Chaeyeon until she had enough of her and recommend watching a movie.

 

Well, one thing she didn’t expect. Chaeyeon doesn’t know what a movie is, though familiar, only the term. She couldn’t remember watching one. That must for the latter. Now Chaeyeon was curious about what was this ‘movie’ called and forgot entirely about Hyewon. Changing into a new topic to persevere on bugging unto Eunbi.

 

So here they are watching a movie together. In most parts, Chaeyeon is the only one invested with the whole plotline of what she calls “the most intriguing” thing she saw after waking up from her coma. Before it was just pictures of dogs, which for her were the most adorable in the world (and still is).

 

They screamed together. Not because of the movie, but because of the loud opening of the door. Which they were sure it was closed. Revealing Hyewon.

 

“I’m home.”

 

Hyewon only said those two words, rather laced with…. jealousy?

 

Chaeyeon stayed mum while Eunbi ignored her comment and hugged Hyewon, too tightly for Chaeyeon’s liking. Snarling through her teeth, she knew Eunbi were close friends but not this “close close”.

 

“Your back! Can I go home now, please?” Hyewon looked down at Eunbi and slowly shook her head.

 

“As much I want to be alone with Chaeyeon, I brought a guest and you’ll be bringing her back home.”      

 

This moment was an example of those exaggerated moments in movies, wherein your whole world stop upon hearing a piece of news, good or bad. No, it was after Eunbi heard the guest’s words. And for Chaeyeon it was a moment to capture for life.

 

“Eunbi unnieeeeeeee!”

 

An energetic voice booms out on the other side of the door, peeking her head slightly. There was… Chaeyeon wasn’t entirely sure.

 

The girl immediately ran and hugged (strangled) Eunbi, suffocating her therapist with the taller girl. Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes at the girl, she wasn’t just tall. She was tall, tall. Taller than Wonyoung and she was sure Wonyoung was the tallest person she ever met. She does know, she hasn’t met much, but the point still serves.

 

The mysterious guest finally stopped almost killing Eunbi with her taller structure and gave her attention to Chaeyeon. For a second Chaeyeon was scared about how her eyes sparkled when they created eye contact.

 

Before Hyewon opens or Eunbi could even recover from being killed earlier. The girl was already near Chaeyeon’s face, studying her face closely. She remained voiceless as if breathless upon seeing an exquisite item. It seemed Chaeyeon saliva was drained with the intense stare of the scary guest, it was burning on top of that.

 

Someone help…

 

“You look much better than --- I mean the pictures Hyewon sent me,” she finally got up and offer her hand to her.

 

“I’m Ahn Yujin! Still on my first-year internship at Seoul Hospital. Not as smart as Wonyoung, but enough to surpass Yena’s!” she grins and her right arm was still waiting for hers. Chaeyeon took Yujin’s hand and was surprised by how strong she shook their hands.

 

“Enough of that Yujin,” Hyewon tries to stop the younger one but honestly Chaeyeon was just flabbergasted with how energetic the younger is. It was refreshing. Yujin didn’t stop though but tightened her grip and continued, “Did you know unnie? You’re the best at dancing! I admire you for that!”

 

“Yujin,” Hyewon called out her, cold and indifferent. As if she said a taboo word in front of her. Yujin whimpers somewhat resembling of a dog, and slowly distanced herself from Chaeyeon.

 

Hyewon’s face was empty of any expression. It was the first time Chaeyeon seeing her like this. Her eyes were daunting and intimidating even it was not enough for her to handle. Silence looms over them. Without a word, the room was cold.

 

Dance? Chaeyeon suddenly found interest in Yujin’s words. Did she dance in the past? If so, she is dreading to know the truth. Neither Eunbi nor Hyewon talked about her dancing in any sort. Was it a secret between them?

 

“Sorry Chaeyeon, don’t mind what I said,” Yujin apologetically bowed down to Chaeyeon. Only to leave her on having second thoughts.

 

Is it that serious?

 

“You’re in no fault at all Yujin. Hyewon it's okay,” Chaeyeon tries standing up, in an attempt reassuring her. Hyewon ran up to her, scared of Chaeyeon falling. Eventually, her face showed expression and Chaeyeon was glad. At least better than earlier, now her face softens.

 

Hyewon grabbed Chaeyeon by the waist to give her support. However, Chaeyeon pulled her hands away and she was confused for momentarily. Chaeyeon showed Hyewon that she could stand up by herself without any support nor a walking aid beside her. Chaeyeon grabbed both of her hands and squeeze them, “Don’t get angry Hyewon, today was supposed for me to surprise you. Forgive Yujin, okay?”

 

Chaeyeon’s heart was aching immediately upon seeing Hyewon’s tears pooling and drip down without herself even noticing. Realizing the wetness of her face, her fiancé immediately wipes away her own tears.

 

“Sorry, I was just overwhelmed,” the mood earlier quickly changed. Hyewon was always unpredictable, one minute she’s aloof and cold-hearted and the next thing would be the opposite, warm and caring. Though she was like that it certainly made an impact on Chaeyeon.

 

An impact enough for her to have a second thought about her.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter