Chapter 8: The Formidable Sister

Destiny, Hate and Love Montage

Tzuyu is lying at her apartment when she received a text message coming from her stepmother that they have arrived in Korea and the family will have a dinner together. Have I mentioned that Tzuyu doesn't say no to her step mother? Yes she don't. She just don't make a move against the decision of her parents.

-------------Kim's Residence/Mansion-----------

Everyone was seated properly all of Tzuyu's sisters are all present her father seated at the very end table indicating that he is the head of house and mother seated at the end of the table just beside her father and the eldest across her mother and so on and so forth up to her and the youngest being at the other end of the table.

Athena Kim(Mother): So Tzuyu how was the man I ask you to marry?

Tzuyu just smiled bitterly she don't know why she doesn't like the idea of her prospective marriage to be the evening's topic for today. All of her sisters were surprised and looked at her with an odd look. She can feel it the glare and stares from all the servants and all her sisters. If their stares could kill, she would probably dead by now.

Soeun: bwo!! You are getting married?

Ye-eun: ridiculous!! (rolling her eyes and forcefully put down her fork)

If there is anything that could lose Tzuyu's composure it is her family.

Mother: What? What is wrong with Tzuyu getting married?

Soeun: aren't Tzuyu a little too young for marriage?

Naeun: (looked at Tzuyu)you really don't have to do this Tzuyu

She breathes in deeply

Tzuyu: It is not that bad and it's a marriage for the benefit of our company.

Jiyeon: (slowly taking a bite ) you really don't have to do it Tzuyu. (keep on staring on her own food)

Everyone slowly turned their gaze on Jiyeon . She surely has temper so if there is any words that would be escaping specially during family dinner then it must be..it surely is a big blow. Tzuyu can definitely see that all of her sisters are nervously looking at her. Even her step mother straighten her back as if waiting for her opinion.

Jiyeon: Cause if you are worried about business deals between big hit and Sapphire empire then I will make an assurance that the business partnership will tighten without the commitment involved

Everyone is really confused and gave her the look that says that no one understand what she is implying finally her father manage to get interested in their conversation

Father: What are you trying to say Kim Jiyeon!!?

Jiyeon: I am saying that I will take over the Sapphire Empire from now on

Everyone was so surprised even Ye-eun who just manage to pick up her fork dropped it again because of what they have heard. Everyone tenses up

Mother: but honey your sister is taking care of Sapphire empire and she is doing great.

Jiyeon: (crossing her arms on her chest) so??I thought that Grandmother, father and you mother are pushing me to be involved in the business now that I am stepping in(raising her eyebrow) you are stopping me to do so...

Her mother and father don't know what to say they are changing gaze between Tzuyu and Jiyeon.

Jiyeon: Would there be any problem if I will be running the Sapphire empire? Tzuyu? (raising one eyebrow while looking at Tzuyu)

Tzuyu: (smiled lightly) none. Ofcourse Sapphire empire is always open for you unnie.

Jiyeon: no no no.. u-u-uh(shaking her head) You will have to step down I don't want to see you there

Tzuyu: waeyo?

Jiyeon: I would just feel distracted with you around I can handle the matters of the company you don't have to worry...

Tzuyu: and what if I don't want to?

Jiyeon: Uri Dongsaeng.... I thought you said that you are willing to stepdown if anyone of us ask you to handle over the company..

Father: why sapphire empire ? you can choose other business..

Jiyeon: I want sapphire empire and any business matters that involves our company it should be me that should handle it. Right?

Soeun: Yah.. Kim Jiyeon !! Aren't you too much? Why are you making things complicated here..

Jiyeon: there is nothing complicated in this unnie I want sapphire empire and Tzuyu out of the business. After all I am still the oldest next to you.. then there is Naeun and Ye-eun. Tzuyu should take a break.. a l-o-ng..... break

Tzuyu: (smiled bitterly) Jiyeon Unnie is right.. it does not have to be complicated.. I will stepdown and I will prepare all the necessary for you to take note of. I will also coordinate with Mr. Anderson to help you with the company and necessary queries.

Jiyeon: It is settled then (smirk then she immediately stands up)

Father: Jiyeon where are you going?!

Jiyeon: I am full . I can go now right?

To loosen the tension that Jiyeon have created her father just nodded.

Jiyeon: Father. It seems that you are not happy with me taking over sapphire empire? (raising 2 eyebrows with a questioning look)

Father: don't be like this .. Ofcouse I am happy that you decided to take part on our business I know you will do just great.

Jiyeon and left the dining room.

Naeun: (tapping Tzuyu) Are you okay?

Tzuyu just nodded lightly she doesn't want to worry any of her sister

Father: Tzuyu just pretend it as indefinite leave.. okay?

Tzuyu: you don't have to worry I can manage myself.

That is how their dinner end up tense and awkwardly quiet no one dares to say another word perhaps everyone is trying to be careful to the words /emotions that they might express.

Tzuyu already bid farewell to her sister and parents. She is on her way out when she heard her voice.

Jiyeon: yah...

Tzuyu awkwardly turned she bit her lower lips she doesn't want to argue with any of her sister specially Jiyeon because she really looks up to her so much. So much that not even Jiyeon herself doesn't know about it.

Tzuyu: unnie.

Jiyeon just glared at her while her arms are crossing on her chest.

Jiyeon : I am pretty serious I don't want to see any of your shadow in any of the family business... Arraso?

Tzuyu swallowed her saliva oh so god help her to be more patient towards her sister.

Tzuyu: arraseoyo .. (she immediately turned and was about to open the doorknob)

Jiyeon: Tzuyu I suggest that you should focus on studying and get a hobby... Join some clubs in your school... dont slack off alright?

Tzuyu just slowly turned around and bowed 360 to her sister.

Tzuyu: I am now going..

-------------Tzuyu apartment------------

Tzuyu is lying down on her bed but she cant sleep.. Just like that all of hardwork poured to Sapphire empire have gone so easily.. She closed her eyes she want to cry but she doent undersrtand what she is feeling right now. At the very beginning she is always willing to give up anything for her sister but it must have been her pride. She doesn't really know..

[9 years ago]

[Jiyeon: I really hate you .. ]

Those words have lingered . Tzuyu just smiled bitterly

Tzuyu: She still hates me huh....

That is when Tzuyu realized that Her sister is something that she cannt handle. It will only makes her disarray. The more she wanted to get close to Jiyeon the more her sister trying to distance and hate her. Love, attention and acceotance is something you cant force. And Tzuyu just decided to stop..

--------------------TO BE CONTINUED-----------------

AUTHORS NOTE: you may want to see the image above for all the picture of the Daniel Kim's daughter I will also list below the order of sisters so you wont be confused

 

Kim soeun as Kim souen -eldest daughter borin in 1989

Park Jiyeon as Kim Jiyeon -2nd eldest born in 1993

Son Naeun as Kim Naeun -> the 3rd eldest daughter born in 1994

Shin Yeeun as Kim yeeun the 4th Eldest daughter born in 1998

Chou Tzuyu as Tzuyu Kim 5ht eldest daughter born 1999

Kim Hyunjin as Kim hyunjin youngest daughter born in 2000

Thank you..please bare with me to some of the typo errors and/or grammar not proper or incorrect. :)

Thank you for reading...