His Revenge

Shadow Of The Past

Junkai was nervous for his date. He got prepared really good. He hadn't the most expensive clothes, he grew up in poverty anyway, but at least he wore something nice. He checked himself in the mirror before heading out. 

The place was in Yuan's city, it wasn't far, but Junkai didn't know the city so well. Luckily, he arrived on time, checking the place first.

He freaked out when he saw it. It was a restaurant for rich people, everyone was a wearing a suit, instead he was cooly dressed.

"Hello..." said the younger simply. He was also dressed formally "Are we gonna eat here?" Junkai tried to hide his nervousness. The younger smiled politely & walked inside.

Everybody had their eyes on Junkai, obviously gossiping about him. He tried to hide how awkward he felt, so he checked at the menu like his date. The food's price was also really high, making him choke on his own saliva & search for the cheapest food.

The younger closed the menu "Have you decided?", Junkai gulped. He felt like a fish out of its water, he wasn't dressed properly, he was laughed at & worse he barely had money for salad.

The waiter came "Good evening, misters. What would you like to order?", Junkai cursed inside his head. He would look like an idiot if he order just a salad, while Yuan order many stuff. Junkai tried to hide the awkwardness "I would like number 23" he tried to sound less stupid.

The waiter slightly frowned his eyebrows in confusion "So, the salad?", Junkai cursed inside his head once again. 'Why did you have to repeat it?' he thought. Yuan quickly ordered the same for Junkai, making the waiter smile from his good action.

The older's eyes had watered & slightly turned red, he felt totally humiliated. Yuan had his hands tagged together enjoying seeing the other helpless. Junkai gave a glance around him and said "I didn't expect this type of place", Yuan remained calm "I noticed". His calmness was making Junkai feel even more anxious. 

He tried to calm himself "You didn't have to order for me", the younger didn't take his eyes off even for a moment "There is something we call good manners & big heart...but it's probably the first time you hear that". Yuan was being sarcastic, making Junkai understand what he was trying to bring up. He wanted to answer but the food arrived "Bon Appetit!" smiled the waiter mostly to Yuan as he walked away.

They were eating silently, Junkai enjoyed the food so much. He never had money to buy this type of expensive food, everything was high quality. They talked a bit, of course the younger tried to be sarcastic, just to annoy the older.

When they finished eating, Yuan asked "How was it?", Junkai wiped his mouth with the napkin "Great..." he shyly said. 

"Oh! I almost forgot..." said the younger as he took out a small pocket size book "...this is how you're punished based on a crime". Junkai's eyes widen in anger & shock, yet Yuan continued "I think you'll need it" he dragged it across the table with his finger.

Junkai's breath became faster "You did it on purpose. You brought me here, even though you know I'm poor. You're sarcastic just to make me more uncomfortable & now this. I'm sorry, Yuan. I mean it". Yuan's expression changed to an cold one "I know you are. Things just need to be in place" with that he called the waiter, paying him.

When they got out, Junkai felt relieved. He didn't feel that awkward. He could breath normally again. 

It was late, so Yuan turned to him "How will you go home?" he sounded cold & plain. Junkai shrugged "I'll probably walk like always", his words made the younger chuckle in irony "It's late, tough guy. I'll take you by car", Junkai wanted to reject the offer, but a car stopped in front of them "Get in" said the younger coldly.

The ride was awkward, they weren't talking & the old driver was shooting him death glares. All of a sudden, they stopped somewhere in the middle of the way, were nobody was passing by.

Before Junkai could ask, his car door opened & a man pulled him out. He saw 3 big muscular men, who started to beat him up. He tried to fight back, but in vain.

He was on the ground unable to stand up when he saw Yuan getting out of the vehicle. The younger leaned down "Helpless. Out of place. Lost. Wreck. That's how I felt. You can at least understand a part of my feelings. You destroyed me forever, Junkai. You deserved this & worse" with that he got in his car & left him down on the road.

He tried his hardest to stand up, his legs trembling & his head was spinning. He chuckled to himself, how could he be such a fool. He started walking even if he didn't know the certain way so good. Maybe he deserved what he got. Maybe he indeed destroyed Yuan forever. 

He arrived around midnight, thankfully his father was sleeping, so he didn't need to explain anything. He took care of the wounds on his face, as he went to shower carefully. This night would be the second unforgettable night. 

The sound of his father cooking & talking to Qianxi woke him up. He really didn't want to face them in the condition he was, but he couldn't avoid them for long. He got ready & walked in the kitchen.

They both wanted to greet him happily, but froze when they saw him. Junkai heavily sat on a chair "Good morning to you too" he mumbled tired. The elder spoke first "What happened?", Junkai shook his head "Nothing...". The father insisted "Your face says overwise. Junkai tell me!" he started to lose his patience.

He quickly thought of an excuse "As I was coming back some guys got me & beat me up", he wished his father would believe that. The conversation lasted long, before the two friends were alone.

They sat in his room "Qianxi, I want to tell you everything". He told him the full story, showing him the small book.

Qianxi couldn't hide the shock he felt, he never thought a person like Yuan would do something like this "You must have hurt him a lot". Junkai fully turned his head down & nodded. Qianxi looked at the cold weather through the window "He took his revenge".

 

The next chapters are gonna be happier <3