The Truth

Shadow Of The Past

1 week passed since the incident with Junkai. Yuan hadn't spoken with his father, ignoring him or even rejecting his calls. He really wanted to talk to Junkai's father, he wanted to know the whole truth. He didn't know how the man was, he only wished he wasn't like his son.

And soon a month passed & Yuan took his decision, he would go find the man. He couldn't stand this situation. He wanted to know everything. 

He went to the place where he met Junkai & walked the way he had seen him coming. He knew he would get lost, even if the town wasn't that big.

As he looked around him his eyes on Qianxi, the other noticed him at the same time. Yuan's face remained blank, but lightened, instead Qianxi felt awful. He approached him "You're Qianxi, right?", his younger got surprised that he still remember him "Yes, nice to see you again Yuan".

The older giggled innocently, killing Qianxi from the inside "I'm looking for Junkai" said coldly. The younger freaked out for a moment, so the other continued "I mean his house. I'm not gonna hurt him, trust me" he said wishing Qianxi didn't think of anything bad.

The younger chuckled "I know Yuan. I'll take you there". They walked in silence until Qianxi decided to asked "Why do you want to talk to him?", Yuan tried to cover the disgust he felt "Not him. I want to talk to his father".

He realized that Yuan knew everything.

When they arrived, Qianxi stopped walking "I have things to do, so I'll have to leave. Junkai isn't home right now. It was nice to see you though", Yuan nodded "Goodbye".

Yuan was fully shaking, he was so scared of what person he'll be talking to, yet he knocked. To his surprise the man looked sad, exhausted & worried. Yuan felt the image like a punch in the stomach. Was he like this because of his father?

He softly smirked "My name is Yuan. I wanna talk to you privately, sir", the man hesitantly let him in.

They sat on the couch, Yuan exhaled heavily "You have every right to hate me or throw me out..." he looked at him directly in the eyes "...I wanna know if my father really killed your wife". The man looked both terrified & shocked.

He didn't say anything, he stood up bringing him a photo "This is me & my wife..." he hit the photo with his index at a man next to his wife "...that's your father". It was a very friendly picture, of many young people, all laughing & hugging, they seemed so happy. Yuan gulped holding his tears "Can you tell me the story. I wanna know everything".

The man wiped a tear & spoke "Me & your father were already friends 3 years in the picture. My cousin brought her new friend & that was my wife. Me & your father instantly fell in love with her, but she only had her eyes on me. She was flirting with me, while she wanted your father as a friend & only. Your father left the town & went for big business work in the capital city. That time I married her & we got one precious son, Junkai. Your father learnt that, I knew that when it was heard that he was coming, he wouldn't come for good..." he paused sobbing "...I thought he would kill me, I would prefer that. Instead he killed my wife in the place where we all first met. My wife had informed me where he stopped her & I ran. I felt like I lost my life along with hers. Your father was never in jail because he's rich".

Yuan was silently crying "I'm sorry..." he fully bowed his head, too ashamed to face the man. The elder looked at him blankly "Time won't go back. Things are how they are, the only thing you can do is not be like him". Yuan nodded, trying to hold his sobs back. The man handed him a tissue & water "Thank you" mumbled the younger.

When he calmed down, he got up to leave "Thank you for telling me the whole story..." he bowed "...sorry for my father..." he bowed again "...thanks for spending your time with me" he went to bow again, but the man stopped him. He chuckled, caressing the back of his head "You're so different from him. He was cocky & competitive, but you're so sweet & kind", the younger's face brightened up as a smile was slowly forming.

That moment the door opened & Junkai walked in. His eyes were ready to pop out when he saw Yuan "What are you doing here? Didn't you had enough?" he aggressively approached him, but his father stopped him "Junkai, where are your manners? Do you even know the kid?". Yuan tried to hide how scared he was, but it was impossible "We've met before" said his voice slightly trembling.

Junkai's eyes widened "Get out now!", a tear fell from the younger's eye. He walked away, yet the father stopped him "Wait Yuan! You can come whenever you want", Junkai abruptly answered "He killed mum!". Yuan's face frowned & more tears poured down, but the father spoke "His father killed her! Not Yuan!", this didn't stop Junkai "They're the same, dad".

The man wanted to answer, but Yuan stopped him "It's alright, sir. It was nice to talk to you" with that he left. The father looked at Junkai "Why did you treat him like that?! It's not his fault" the man looked angry. Junkai let out a sound of annoyance "Leave me alone!" with that he locked himself in his room.

He knew his feelings for Yuan hadn't changed at all. He liked more than he should. He felt disgusted with his feelings, with what he did, even with Yuan himself. 

It was time for dinner, they were eating silently when the father asked "How did you know who that was?", Junkai froze, slowly raising his eyes from the food "Eh?..." he didn't want to drag Qianxi to this again "...a friend told me about him".

The man waited until they both finished "That's why you were so thoughtful lately..." he stood in front of him "...be honest with me, did you do anything to Yuan?". Junkai felt like his blood was boiling "Yuan, Yuan! Did you like him that much?! Enough with him!" he tried to walk by, but the man grabbed his wrist "Junkai answer my question. Did you do anything to that kid?", Junkai took his wrist walking away. The man sat on the chair, what had his son done to Yuan?

Weeks passed & the father was insisting that he wanted to see Yuan, he even asked Qianxi. The young man told him the other's address "Qianxi, can you tell him I wanna see him?", the younger shrugged "But Junkai...". The man shook his hand "Give him my number & I'll talk to him" he handed him a paper & walked away, not leaving him any choice.

Qianxi couldn't go to Yuan, what would he say if the other asks him how he knows the address & he didn't know what to answer. So, he would lie that he went to his workplace & they told him there.

He arrived there around 17:00, it was about to rain when he pressed the bell "Oh Qianxi?!" the older sounded both surprised & confused. The younger smirked for a quick moment "Hi. I asked about you in your workplace & they gave me your address. I know your workplace because you told Junkai...". Yuan got confused "Hey, relax. It's cold, come inside". 

Qianxi remembers the house, a dream he could never afford "Do you want to eat or drink". The younger shook his head "No, I didn't come to stay. I just...", Yuan again cut him off "Qianxi, you seem so nervous. Relax". Every nice move from the older was a knife at his heart. Why had he even agreed to help Junkai?

They ate first & then sat to enjoy their tea "Mr. Wang told me to give you his number". Yuan's eyes slightly widened "Really?", the younger handed him the paper "He doesn't hate you, Yuan. I know Mr. Wang many years & I know he will even forgive your father if he apologises". Yuan harshly bit his lower lip, holding tears back "Thanks for giving it to me" he quickly wiped the tear that fell.

Qianxi softly smirked, Yuan was so small, gentle & warm hearted person. He needed love & tenderness.

He stood up "I have to go. Thank you for treating me", the other smiled "Anytime, you're always welcome". Qianxi felt his stomach clenching, the other was so good with him that killed him from the inside, knowing that he helped to hurt him.

He was almost out when Yuan said "Hey Qianxi! Can you...if you want to give me your number?" he got shy, making his younger chuckle & give it to him.

He finally got out "It was nice to see you, Yuan" the other gave him a friendly smile, then Qianxi hesitantly turned to look at him "I'm sorry" with that he quickly left, leaving Yuan confused.