Make It Up

Shadow Of The Past

Junkai wasn't able to sleep after that day. Yuan's words echoed in his head day & night. He was always bossy, not the type to apologize. Maybe Yuan was right, it hurt his ego. He laid sidely, allowing a tear to fall "Everything has come to an end" he admitted to himself, before falling asleep after long.

It was around 20:00, when Qianxi walked in his room "Oh! Why? How long have you been here with closed windows?" he opened one. Junkai didn't react, he didn't even look at him. The younger rolled his eyes "Come on, let's have dinner!", the other turned his back to his friend.

Qianxi shook his head in disappointment "You can't stay like this forever. It's already been a month & half from the last time you saw him..." no response "...where is the boss boy?" Qianxi tried to encourage him back to his real self.

Junkai thought 'A month & half?' everything seemed like yesterday to him. Qianxi was right, how long would he be like this? He sat up "Let's eat dinner", slowly a smile formed on Qianxi's face.

They were sitting silently & the elder commented "We had to eat dinner together long now", he smiled & continued eating. Junkai was thinking a lot about, so it was time to admit it "When you told me I went to apologize to Yuan..." cold aura ruled the atmosphere, both in anticipation waiting for Junkai to continue "...things didn't go well, as I expected, so this story has ended for me". They could both notice how hurt he was from his voice & eyes, but both nodded "Let's not talk about this more" said the father & the cold aura slowly left.

As they finished, Junkai cleaned up his place "I feel tired, I'll go to sleep. Good night", they sheepishly greeted him back. When they heard the door closing, the elder whispered to Qianxi "Let's persuade Yuan to come. It's sad seeing him like this. He's a wreck for so long now", the younger nodded "Yeah we have to".

Yuan was sitting on the couch, drinking his hot coffee in the early morning as the sweater's sleeves covered his hands. He was looking outside the window deep in his thoughts when his phone started ringing.

It was Qianxi, he frowned his eyebrows 'Hello Qianxi...' he said confused. The other exhaled heavily 'Yuan, you have to come. Mr.Wang is in bad condition & he wants to see you, right now'. Yuan was ready to stand up 'Is he sick...?', the younger quickly responded 'I don't have time to talk. He wants to see you'. Yuan stood up 'I'm coming....' he hang up & tried to get there as fast as possible.

He went to knock, but Qianxi opened the door before he could "Where is Mr.Wang?" he said out of breath. Qianxi motioned him with his head to come in, which he immediately did.

The elder came out of the kitchen with an apron "Oh Yuan! How are you?" he tenderly caressed his face. Yuan looked at Qianxi "I thought you were sick, sir...", the man shook his hand "I'm fine, but do I need to be sick for you to visit me? Come on, let's leave it on the side & start baking all together". Yuan was still kinda confused, while Qianxi walked him in the kitchen by his shoulders & the man wore him an apron. They started making the biscuits, while they started joking & all laughing together.

The door opened & Junkai walked in with supermarket bags, while reading small paper in his hand "Dad, they hadn't..." he raised his head & froze when he saw Yuan. The other wasn't afraid of him anymore, he would face him if he wanted to fight.

Junkai tried his hardest to act normal "So, come take the bags..." he said to Qianxi "...and I'll go grab what it's missing". The youngest took the bags from his hands, while Junkai turned to leave "Hey hey, stop Junkai..." said the father "...I know what's missing. It's ok, it's not important".

His son gulped "I don't think it's a good idea..." he almost mumbled. Yuan didn't stop kneading, without taking his eyes of the dough he said "I don't mind". Qianxi smiled nostalgically, while the father placed his hand on his son's back "Let's all bake together. Wear your apron", Junkai shot his father a look, but did as he was told.

They all started to knead together, the atmosphere became silent & awkward. Yuan raised his head for a moment, looking at Junkai, who was standing in front of him. He saw some flour at the older's cheek & nose, making him unintentionally chuckle. They all looked at him & Yuan looked down, making them realise that he was looking at Junkai. The youngest told his best friend "You have flour on your face", Junkai immediately cleaned it with a towel "Thanks..." he shyly said.

They soon finished kneading, only some dough was left. The elder discreetly motioned to Qianxi to leave them alone, which they silently did. The two were left alone kneading, both understood the plan of the two males, but acted normally.

Yuan noticed a tear falling on table. He was surprised. He look at Junkai "I'm sorry..." his voice cracked, as he tried to wipe his eye with the back of his wrist. Yuan was shocked, he never expected to hear an apology from the older or even to see him cry.

He chuckled and continued to knead "Do you really regret it?", Junkai stopped "Yes, I'm really sorry. I...I never meant to do something so bad...I....". Yuan stopped & looked the other "Why did you do it?", the older shrugged "Hate. Revenge. I don't know. I don't even know what was I thinking". Yuan slammed his fist in the dough "Why do you apologize all of a sudden?".

'Because I like you' he thought, but couldn't say.

He shook his head, cleaning his hands on the apron "Screw it" he took off his apron & tried to walk away. Suddenly, Yuan blocked his way "Tell me, why do you regret doing what you did? You were full of hatred & you were so sure about it. Why do you apologize?". Junkai looked on the side, avoiding eye contact with his younger.

Yuan cleaned his hands on his apron, turning the older's face by his jaw "Don't be a coward. Be honest" he was directly looking into his eyes. It was the first time Junkai felt lost, he just wanted to hide in his room & nothing more.

Yuan chuckled "I knew...", he was cut off by the other "Because I like you..." Yuan froze, so Junkai repeated himself "...I like you a lot" the younger was caught off guard. Junkai let out an annoyed sound, walking out of the house. He felt like suffocating. 

The man & Qianxi looked at each other shocked, yet both were pleased that Junkai admitted to like him.

Yuan let his apron & said loudly "I have to go" he sounded upset. They both appeared "Oh alright..." said the father, as Yuan wore his coat "...won't you wait to eat the biscuits?" the father tried to sound normal. The younger shook his head "It's ok, another time maybe. Thank you, I had fun today. Good bye" he sounded like he was in a hurry.

As the door closed, the elder said "I never expected that", Qianxi could only nod in agreement.

Yuan run after Junkai, luckily he found him nearby. He grabbed his arm to stop him "Make it up to me" he said, trying to catch his breath. Junkai frowned his eyebrows "What?" he said confused, the younger repeated it "Make it up to me. If you're sorry & you like me, make it up".

The older passed his tongue on his lips for a quick moment "How?", Yuan shook his head "Why should I tell you that?! Ah! Anyway! Take me out on a date". Junkai got goosebumps "Y-You'll accept?" he stuttered, he couldn't believe that the younger suggested something like this. Yuan smirked "Yes, I do", he set time & day, walking away. Not wanting or even caring for his answer right now. 

He lost once, but he won't lose this time. It was his time for payback.