not without her

Bread

Mina walks down the street.

The night air feels chilly but she doesn't care much about it. She shoves her hands in her pockets and continues to walk. The streets are empty, not a single live being is around.

Mina doesn't know what she's looking for. She just walks and walks... Maybe she finds solace like this. Maybe when she speaks without anyone around, the streets are there to listen her, answer her. Like a secret friend she can confide in. Maybe that's what Mina is searching for. Yes, yes...a friend. Someone that would listen to her cries and comfort her without telling her things she's tired of hearing.

Or maybe...maybe as she walks down the street, Mina's searching for the woman that's causing her feelings to go haywire, her heart to squeeze tight in her chest, slowly breaking into pieces at the mere thought of her.

She finds herself staring at the 'closed' sign hanging on the door of a coffee shop. It's not just any coffee shop though, it's where Tzuyu used to work. Where Mina first met her. Right outside of it actually, on a sunny day when she ordered something cold to drink.

Her eyes slide down towards the arcade. That's where Mina saw her for the first time without her uniform on. She looked so different. She looked so shy, gently pressing the buttons without a clue. Her character got beaten up so many times, but somehow Tzuyu still looked like she was having the time of her life. Each time she landed a hit, she broke into a huge smile as if she beat the whole game. Mina almost laughs when she remembers the look of utter surprise and horror on Tzuyu's face when she challenged her to a game of Tekken. It was just so they could talk though, Mina even let Tzuyu win a round. (Which she would never ever do. You can ask Momo.)

Oh and that's also where they held hands for the first time. On a completely different day. Mina likes to think it was a date. She still remembers how soft Tzuyu's smile was, how much love her bright brown eyes were emitting. It's unforgettable. Everything about her is unforgettable.

And that's the old candy shop. The one they use to buy tons of snacks from for their movie nights. Mina misses those cozy nights. Mina misses her.

Tzuyu's not home. And she never will be.

Tears fall down on the sidewalk, marking her path as she walks, and Mina swears to herself never to walk down this street again. 

Not without her.