comfy

Bread

"I'm not going to stop poking you until you give me some attention."

 

"Tzuyu please,"

 

"But Minaaa,"

 

"I can't." Mina keeps her eyes set on the TV, controller in her hand. "I promised Jihyo we would play today!"

 

"But I had a rough day at work and I need your cuddles..." Tzuyu pouts and for a moment Mina considers asking Jihyo if they can reschedule. But when Jihyo shouts in her ears through her headphones about a ridiculous plan to take down the opposite team, Mina has her attention back on the game again. She replies to Jihyo, giggling. And then she catches a glimpse of the look on Tzuyu's face and sighs.

 

"I'm sorry, Tzu." Mina offers an apology that Tzuyu only groans at. "I promise soon as we're done with a few rounds I'll be right there. I'll even let you be the little spoon."

 

"I hate you." Tzuyu grabs her stuffed toy, Minjoong and stomps away towards their bedroom.

 

"I love you." Mina says after her, still focused on the game. Tzuyu doesn't reply as she walks away and closes the door shut.

 

It doesn't take even a minute for Tzuyu to come back, taking tiny steps back in the room and sitting behind Mina. "I love you too," she whispers as she wraps her arms around her loosely and Mina can sense the guilt in her voice so she chuckles.

 

"I know," she says and Tzuyu just stays there for a while, her head leaning against Mina's shoulder, her long legs outstretched on the floor with Mina between them. It's not exactly a comfortable position but... well, she has Mina and that makes up for it. Tzuyu closes her eyes and listens to the faint sounds of gunshots coming from Mina's headphones. She rubs her cheek against her wife's back and pushes her a little bit.

 

"Tzuyu," Mina warns her.

 

Tzuyu sighs. She lets go of Mina and stands up, once again leaving the room.

 

When she comes back from the kitchen with a glass of water a few minutes later, Mina hasn't moved an inch.

 

This time she sits beside Mina, sipping her water every once in a while. "So this is actually uh, fun for you?"

 

"Yeah," Mina replies, her character poking her head out the window and gunning down an enemy player trying to hide behind the crates.

 

"It looks boring."

 

Silence.

 

"Oh that reminds me, Momo showed me her Newtendo Switch today."

 

"Nintendo, babe. Nintendo."

 

"Yeah that." Tzuyu laughs, a little embarrassed. Her fingers are tapping on the glass. "Anyway, it was so cute. She-"

 

"Jihyo, they're closing in on the left. No. I think it's just the two of them."

 

Tzuyu presses her lips together after she thinks Mina is done. "So, Momo--"

 

"Yeah," Mina laughs. "Are you kidding? Don't. I got this. I got a lot more kills than you, the hell are you even being so smug about Jihyo? I'm basically carrying the team. As always."

 

Tzuyu chugs down the rest of her water and her shoulders drop. She places the glass on the coffee table and lies down, her head resting on Mina's lap.

 

Mina lifts her arms up and looks down for a split second. She laughs when Tzuyu curls up against her and closes her eyes. "Oh, where did this kitty come from?" Mina goofs around, scratching under Tzuyu's chin and jaw.

 

With a smile forming on her face, Tzuyu meows, playing along. If she has to pretend to be a cat to get Mina's attention then so be it.

 

Mina giggles as she caresses her hair gently, the game forgotten for a moment. "You're so cute. Maybe I should keep you kitty~ I'm sure my wife won't mind."

 

Tzuyu giggles, grabbing Mina's hand that's caressing her hair and pressing a kiss on her palm. Just as Mina smiles down fondly at her, leaning down to kiss her, Jihyo's loud voice pulls Mina back in the game. She moves her character out of the spot she was hiding in and runs. "Oh my god, don't scream into my ear Jihyo! I get it, I get it!"

 

Tzuyu sulks and tugs at Mina's clothes. "Give me a kiss."

 

Mina frowns. "Just a second, Tzu."

 

"I want a kiss." Tzuyu pouts her lips up at Mina, her eyes clenched shut.

 

After a soft peck on her lips, Tzuyu decides she wants more. "Again."

 

Mina sighs but leans down and kisses her a bit longer this time, tasting Tzuyu's new chapstick. She makes a mental note to tell Tzuyu she likes it later, and ask her what flavor it is.

 

Her wife looks happy when Mina pulls away and Mina smiles before turning her attention back on the screen, Tzuyu closing her eyes as she adjusts herself to be more comfortable on her lap. It's about fifteen minutes later that Mina realizes she can't feel her legs anymore. And it's about ten minutes after that she decides to say something.

 

"Tzuyu. Baby."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I can't feel my legs."

 

Tzuyu breathes deeply and sits up on the floor, barely keeping her eyes open. "Okay," she mumbles and now Mina sort of feels bad. Tzuyu looked very sleepy. Mina probably could've endured it for a few more minutes.

 

Mina remembers her wife mentioning she had a rough day when Tzuyu half drags herself to the couch and plops down on it. She instantly shuts her eyes and tries to get comfortable but the couch is too small for her. We really need a new couch, Mina thinks as she watches Tzuyu pull her knees up.

 

Once Jihyo yells at her again, she whispers her to be quiet, forgetting for a moment that Tzuyu can't hear her.

 

"Aww, is Tzuyu sleeping?"

 

"Yeah, I think she's about to." Mina softly answers.

 

Jihyo's goes silent for a few seconds before her understanding voice reaches Mina's ears. "You can go after this round, I don't mind Minari. We can play later this week."

 

"No, Jihyo... I blew you off so many times already–"

 

"It's okay. Really! I understand. You two have a lot going on lately."

 

"I feel bad." Mina admits, pouting. 

 

"You'll make it up to me, don't worry about it. It's fine." Jihyo chuckles, "Kiss Tzuyu goodnight for me after, yeah?"

 

"Will do. Love you."

 

"Love you more, tim37."

 

Mina giggles as quietly as she can when Jihyo uses her username.

 

"Now let's finish this game already. Have any idea where they're hiding? This map is huge."

 

After they've won the game and Mina has said her goodbyes to Jihyo with promises to make it up to her, Mina stands up and stretches her arms. She gets dizzy for a second and shuts her eyes, shaking her head.

 

Tzuyu's still there on the couch, curled up in a ball. Mina smiles, stepping forward and crouching down beside her. She gently runs the back of her fingers against Tzuyu's cheek, taking in how messy her hair is and how she's wearing her favorite (Mina's favorite actually) penguin pyjamas. 

 

Mina would have tried to squeeze beside her if she could but the couch was just too small. (They really need a new couch)

 

Pressing warm kisses all over Tzuyu's face, Mina softly whispers, "Tzuyu come on, let's go to bed."

 

Tzuyu sighs deeply, her eyes fluttering open. "Hey,"

 

Mina decides she's never gonna get tired of hearing Tzuyu's sweet sleepy voice. "Hey," she greets back just as softly, leaning in to kiss her.

 

Tzuyu kisses her back. "Carry me."

 

Mina chuckles. "You know I can't."

 

"But," Tzuyu slides her hand down Mina's arm and and squeezes. "You've been working out lately."

 

"Okay fine," With a grin that's already forming on her face,  Mina gets up and sees Tzuyu reaching her hands out like a baby, waiting to get picked up. "I'll try. But I'm telling you now, it's not my fault if I drop you and we end up with a few broken bones."

 

Tzuyu's arms drop. "You know, on second thought..."

 

"Nope, too late!" 

 

Tzuyu squeals and laughs when Mina quickly grips her legs and back and lifts her up. She doesn't waste a single second in running towards their bedroom, almost knocking Tzuyu's feet into a few walls on the way. Thankfully, they're both alive when they reach the bedroom. With the last bit of her strength, Mina places Tzuyu on the bed as gently as she can and lies down next to her. 

 

Tzuyu, who's been laughing hard for the past minute finally takes a deep breath and turns to her wife with a grin. "Thank you for not dropping me on the way, I really appreciate it."

 

"Tried my best." Mina lets out a laugh. "Come here,"

 

And just like a puppy, Tzuyu immediately follows Mina and gets under the covers next to her. Mina envelops her in a warm hug, her arms comfortably wrapped around the taller girl. "So, you had a tough day?"

 

Tzuyu hums, nodding her head. "But I feel better already."

 

"Well," Mina kisses her hair. "I'm glad to hear that."

 

"Your hugs are my favorite. So comfy."

 

Mina can't help the bright smile that blooms on her face. "You're my favorite."

 

"Aww," Tzuyu lifts her head up from Mina's chest and kisses her. The taste of her chapstick is faint now but Mina doesn't really think about that much. Not when Tzuyu's kissing her, her hand coming up to cup her cheek tenderly.

 

Mina finds it amazing how Tzuyu can make her feel so loved just by a simple touch.

 

As they slowly fall asleep,  Mina holds Tzuyu tight and she doesn't let go until she hears a sharp cry in the middle of the night. Mina jumps out of the bed and speeds to the nursery before Tzuyu can even register that their baby is crying.

 

Mina comes back to the bedroom only to press an assuring kiss on Tzuyu's forehead. "I got this,"

 

"But," Tzuyu mumbles, her eyes heavy.

 

"Shh, go back to sleep." Mina softly kisses her before running back to their crying daughter.