Bonding?

Cloudy with a Chance of Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JISOO

 

I woke up and found Jennie’s arm around me. I smiled as I stare the Mandu being Jendeuki. What happened yesterday did not leave my thoughts. Jennie worked so hard to be where she is. A successful solo idol. I don’t want malicious comments spreading especially if it’s because of me. I am very much aware of what she feels because she is vocal towards her feelings and she also knows that I don’t feel the same way with her. Despite that, our friendship remained the same. Jennie was there during my dark time and I promised to always be with her when she needed me and I will protect her no matter what. As if hearing my thoughts, she held on to me tightly. But I have to get up early since Seulgi has a lot of schedule today. Carefully I took off her right arm from me and put it on her side.

 

It’s still early and no one’s up yet I thought. When I walked to the kitchen I felt a figure behind. I got startled when I saw Lisa leaning at the kitchen counter.

 

“You scared me”

 

“Why are you up so early Unnie?” The tall girl asked as she stir her cup of hot chocolate drink. Sometimes I wonder how things stay the same and different at the same time. Just like how Lisa has matured to an amazing lady while still being the same dork and a sweet tooth I knew. “Unnie you’re spacing out again”

 

“I’ll just go and buy some breakfast and cook it. Do you want to come with me?”

 

She just shook her head and sat to the sofa without talking any further. Looks like someone’s got up at the wrong side of the bed.

 

So I went ahead to the nearest convenience store. It was cold outside since it’s just around 5am in the morning and also Winter season is getting closer that’s why the streets are still empty too. The convenience store is not far from the hotel so I ran while hugging myself. I was so excited when all the ingredients are there. I want to prepare a hearty breakfast for them especially for Lisa. It’s been a while since we’ve had this and I miss feeding her. My heart always swells when she tells me it’s delicious and finishes everything. It’s also my way of thanking Chaeyoung. I bought with me some eggs, bacon, and bread.

 

On my way back to the hotel I saw a kid like around 10 years old outside in the middle of the road staring at me. I was about to ignore her when I notice that she’s just wearing her summer school uniform. She seems cold.

 

“What happened to you?” The kid did not answer. So I put down my groceries and took off my coat leaving just my shirt which I borrowed from Lisa. I wrapped it around her then she smiles.

 

“Thank you Unnie.”

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Teokki”

 

“Teokki like a rabbit?” That’s weird why would parents named their child like that?

 

“You can call me Tea-oh” The kid arrogantly said in American accent then before walking away she stick her tongue out to me. I just giggled with her cockiness, such a weird kid. She did not look back after and just went ahead. I waited for her to disappear on my site to make sure she’s okay. I felt the breezing wind in my expose skin so after reassuring she’s fine I quickly run to the hotel.

 

 

 

LISA

 

Jisoo always cook breakfast for me and I’m always happy when I watch her back as she busily prepares everything. A lot of times after I left Korea I wish I could go back to just waking up and be with her again in our little kitchen. But after what I heard last night and maybe because of no sleep I don’t feel like seeing Jisoo anymore. Just when I thought. She comes back to our hotel room, and in my surprise she’s not wearing her coat anymore. Just my cropped top exposing her toned abs! What the Kim Jisoo? She really still has this effect on me. Butterflies started to swim in my stomach. And since when did she get those abs? I need to compose myself. I felt my cheeks warming at her site. So I immediately look away.

 

Even without me asking she told me the story behind it about the girl she met outside the convenience shop while she start preparing breakfast. But I cannot focus and stay like this. So I stood up and went to my room. I felt Jisoo’s eyes followed me. She stopped talking when she saw me walked out but did not say anything to me. I found Jennie sleeping soundly at my bed and the images of them together in my own bed pangs my heart once again. I’m definitely changing my sheets later. Ignoring the pain, I went to look for a nice hoodie.

 

I came back to busy Jisoo, who is now quiet cooking the bacon. She is aware of my presence but kept mum. I waited after she stir the bacon, I gently spun her to face me and put the hoodie on her. A smile crept on her face and so I can’t help but smile as well. “It’ll keep you warm Ms. Guardian Angel”

 

“So you’re listening. I thought you’re not interested.” She went back to her cooking while I stayed there watching her. Just like the old times.

 

“Are you and Jennie together?” I asked before stopping my mouth. It’s bothering me and I cannot take it anymore. “You know we’re on the same room. We heard everything.” Jisoo looked surprised but then she laughed. My eyebrow furrowed with her response.

 

“No Lisa. We love each other but not like what you think. We’re close friends, you know that since trainees. I did not know you like gossips now” She teased. I felt a big load has lifted in my heart after hearing it though. Jisoo put a plate with eggs, bacon and toasted bread with butter on the table. “Here eat. I missed feeding My Lisa” My heart instantly melted with her. I sat opposite and we started eating.

 

“Hmm Lisa about the incident last night…” Her usual gloomy face which I’m getting familiar with is pasted on her face again. “Please forget about it.” True enough, I almost forgot about it if she didn’t ask me. Her eyes are full of worries I’m not sure if it’s for her secret or for me.

 

“Your secret is safe with me” I gestured zipping my mouth. “But if you need a hand to hold again don’t hesitate to call me, okay?” I did not expect any response from her but Jisoo nodded. It was enough for me to know that she still considers me as her good friend after all what I did. “It’s delicious” Proudly, I showed to her my empty plate. Butterflies starts to summersault in my stomach again when she smiled and leaned forward to pat my head.

 

“Very good My Lisa” I almost choke up when I heard her say it. It’s been a while but my body reacted the same. I’m screwed. My heart is beating fast. So I stood up and drink a glass of water. “Lisa are you okay?”

 

I nodded. “Yes Unnie. Of course! By the way, any plans today?”

 

“I’ll have a busy schedule today. Seulgi will have a shooting in a variety show, a photoshoot for her album, and another shooting for a game CF.”

 

“Can I come?” Stupid question but I’m bored and my time is limited in Korea, I want to spend my time with her as much as I can.

 

Jisoo seems hesitant. She explained that she’s just an assistant manager and it will not be her decision for me to come or not. I suggested to just meet her after her work in Hongdae around 9pm so we could go around and eat. Before she even says yes I can already sense from the way her eyes instantly glowed that she wanted it.

 

“Sounds like a plan. I’ll wait for you there” Hopefully my excitement wasn’t shown. Is this a date? You’re overthinking Lisa! It’s called bonding!

 

 

JISOO

 

My day went as usual accompanying Seulgi throughout her schedule. Photoshoots, shootings, meetings and back to shootings again. I also got a text from Jennie that she’ll be going to Japan for a promotion of a shampoo brand and reminded me to go back to my apartment tonight. But what excites me is my night out with Lisa. It’s been a while since I went there to enjoy and not for Seulgi’s schedules. However, this time I decided to keep it a secret from Seulgi because she’ll blabber this to Jennie if she kinds out. Besides there’s nothing to worry about, I’ve proven it that Lisa is my…bodyguard? I can’t help but giggle inside with the thought.

 

“What are you smiling about?” The ever curious Seulgi asked whom I thought was asleep. She’s shooting me an intriguing eyes. I look away towards the window of our tinted van and kept mum. Seulgi did not pry anymore, she knows me that despite our closeness I’m a very private person. She sat back and put her eye mask back on.

 

“Be careful Jisoo” I heard her mumble before going back to sleep.

 

After sending Seulgi home, I quickly called for a taxi to Hongdae. The city is very much alive. People are excited to have fun and shake the stress away after their long working hours. I never thought I’ll feel this again. Alive.  We used to go here during trainees and happy memories comes back which always melts my heart and keep me smile thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter