Autumn

Cloudy with a Chance of Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA

 

Same place, different time, conflicting feelings. These are the things I am going through as I finally decided to go back in Seoul. The weather is nice not too cold or hot. The smell of autumn leaves and the colours of orange and yellow brings a lot of memories during my trainee days. The crisp of sunburnt leaves is satisfyingly nostalgic in my ears.


“Lisa-yah!!!” Chaeyong called while running towards me. My new found twin sister from another mother. 


“Wow! Autumn in Seoul is just wonderful.” Her eyes widen in excitement as it roams around the city. “Can we go to the amusement park after?”

 

Without me answering, we both gave each other a mischievous looks. “It’ll be quick and Kyle wouldn’t know anyway.” We giggled at our plan. 

 

“But first! We need to go and finish our contract signing.” As a manager of our team, Chaeyoung reminded me of our priority.


It was almost two years ago since I left Seoul. I came back home in Thailand with nothing but a broken heart. Our house was empty just like I was. My dream of becoming an idol faded. I was miserable. My mom was even forced to leave my father behind in Switzerland to take care of me. I was so ashamed of my state. Like a loving mother she has always been, she only showered me with love and waited patiently for me to be ready again. Until we’ve both decided that I need to go with her to Switzerland. Starting anew I attended various lessons and trainings there to forget everything in Seoul. I’m not sure when I was able to get back to my rhythm, but during one of my dance rehearsals, a man came to recruit me to be part of their team. That changes everything. It’s a production team called Zafyre. Kyle, is the CEO. Chaeyoung aka Rosè. A designer and our manager. Then there’s me, the choreographer and video/stage director. The three of us became a wonderful team. Slowly we penetrated the background scenes in famous events and concerts in various city in the world. Finally, my life is getting better and I am starting to fulfil my dreams once again. 


However, I did not realised that one day it’ll bring me back to where I started. Kpop is getting bigger and well known, so we took this opportunity to widen our experiences and connections.  


But despite all of our busy schedules, the thoughts of Jisoo never left me. I want to apologised, to ask for forgiveness. It was so selfish of me to just leave her and threw our friendship like that. She probably hate me now. It was hard for me at first to search anything about her, I was afraid of what I might learn. However, when I finally did I only found nothing. It is also one of the reasons why I agree to take this project is to look for Jisoo. 


We’ve reached the office of the MS Entertainment one of the biggest talent agency in Korea. The papers were offered to us, which was already signed by the company and the talent, Kang Seulgi. They must really trust us for them to sign ahead. I’ve heard a lot of praises with this girl. I once watched her videos after learning about her from Kyle and she really is a total package. We were reading the contract when Seulgi along with her staff walked in. 


My mouth agape. I’m shook and in disbelief. My head bowed towards Kang Seulgi yet, my attention and eyes are pinned to only one person. I squinted my eyes to see clearly. I pinched myself to know if it is a dream. Pinched myself one more time to make sure. Ouch that hurts. This is real. She. Is. Real. 


It’s f—ing Kim! Jisoo! Fate can really play google sometimes.


Her head is glued down though and she’s wearing a face mask. If I do not know her too well I wouldn’t even recognise her. A sharp elbow hit my rib hard catching back my attention. I gave Chaeyoung a death glare.  


“I’m Park Chaeyoung and this is Manoban Lalisa. We’re from Zafyre Productions.” Chaeyoung introduced us and I look for a reaction from Jisoo but she remained still.

 

She probably did not hear my name.  I sank in my seat as I continue to steal glances towards her. After all these years, her presence still has an affect on me which I thought was long gone. I can’t concentrate anymore and I just nod in everything that Chaeyoung says about our plan. The meeting went quick and Seulgi gestured to leave when I suddenly moved to my feet. My plan is to call out Jisoo but every eyes are on me and I felt embarrassed so instead I smiled politely and watch them leave. 


Chaeyoung pushed down my sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter