Chapter 5 (PART 1)

Our Gentle Sin

"Excuse me? Can we get another spaghetti, please?" 

Upon Suho's request, the waiter bowed and took away the spoiled one with him. Just a slight finger touch had made Kyungsoo's hand fly back and tumble the glass, spilling water straight into the untouched bowl of spaghetti. Kyungsoo's stress level was already higher than the sky and now this minor accident made him feel embarrassed as well.

"Kyungsoo? Are you okay?" 

The boy was unnerved, his head was hurting due to the millions of thoughts flooding inside, yet he was totally blank while answering Suho. 

"I uh-" 

He couldn't. He sighed as he gave up and then hung his head low. Suho knew that it could be an awful move, but considering that there was nothing else to spill in front of Kyungsoo, he reached for Kyungsoo's hand again. He grabbed Kyungsoo's already shaking hand and pressed it gently to gain his attention, "Kyungsoo, just relax. Its not a big deal." 

But it was. It was Kyungsoo's first date ever. ​Yes, he was totally confident when he accepted Suho's polite proposal for a decent date, and the decision was totally thought through as well. He really wanted to finally experience the feelings, joy, thrill and pleasure of having a partner after years of living a monotonous and bounded life. And the fact that he was getting to become boyfriend of Suho, who was not only a gentleman but also a charming and intelligent guy, even strengthened his will to get out of his comfort zone and finally do what a man of his age is supposed to be doing. But the reason he was on the verge of stepping back was that he was too afraid of messing things up. It was quite obvious that Suho, a 28 years old man, must have been on dates before, had before or even been in long term relationships maybe. And then there was Kyungsoo, a guy who had not even had his first kiss yet. It was valid for him to be this nervous. Despite having the option of giving up, Kyungsoo chose not to do that because he really wanted to jump into things real quick and step up in his life. And the only one to help him out in this, Baekhyun, was absent at the very time Kyungsoo needed him. Initially he had planned of not letting Baekhyun know about it yet, but his insecurities changed his mind and he did try to approach Baekhyun to seek for some help or advice regarding the date and stuff after the date. But Baekhyun had been continuously dodging Kyungsoo's calls, and was unavailable even when Kyungsoo visited his house or office. Kyungsoo was not weirded out by that though, probably Baekhyun was hooked up with someone new. All he cared for was his miserable situation in which he was left alone.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and tried to follow what Suho said with calming eyes. His body did stop trembling but he was still sweating a lot. He decided to let it out for the date was already ruined, and any sort of explanation would certainly make Suho think better than what he probably was thinking of Kyungsoo after witnessing his behaviour that night. "Suho...I...I need to tell you something."

"Yes Kyungsoo. Tell me." 

"I've never been on a date before." 

There was no single reaction from Suho for a few seconds, but after that, his gaze softened and he smiled brightly at Kyungsoo. He jokingly raised his eyebrows and asked, "So?" 

Kyungsoo didn't know how to feel about that unexpected reaction. "Isn't that weird to you?" 

Suho chuckled, "Not at all. In fact, I'm kind of...happy about it." 

"How? I mean...why?" 

"Why wouldn't I be?", The chill tone instantly converted into a soft, almost whisper like statement followed by a shy smile, "It just...it made me feel special that you chose me to be your first date ever."

Kyungsoo's round eyes stared right through Suho's gleaming, beautiful and honest ones. Leaving all the hesitation behind, Kyungsoo turned his hand around to hold Suho's lying on top of it. After a few seconds of conversing through their eyes, he looked down at their interlocked fingers and drowned into his thoughts again. He was totally comforted and relaxed, Suho indeed was a really really nice guy. But was Kyungsoo ready to take things further from a dinner date just yet? 

"Kyungsoo", Suho put his other hand on top of their bonded ones as he said, "Don't think too much. We don't have to take it too far so soon. You can take as much time as you want. I know that it's quite obvious by now, but I'd still like to mention that...I really like you. So I'll wait for you to be ready Kyungsoo." 

Kyungsoo couldn't help the red creeping up his cheeks. He kept looking at Suho in a daze. Suho was not just a really really nice guy, but he probably was the best one Kyungsoo could ever get. "Thank you." 

Their touching conversation was interrupted by the hot and freshly prepared spaghetti that had just arrived. Kyungsoo had to pull his hand away from Suho's gentle hold to get done with a task before having his meal.

"Can you excuse me for a second? I need to make a call?" 

"Now?" 

"Yeah actually...I need to call Sehun, Jongin's nurse, remember?" 

Suho nodded, how could a man with such sharp memory forget any piece of information through his crush's rarely talking mouth? "I don't mean to sound intrusive, but...why do you have to call him at such an hour?" 

He did not sound intrusive, because it really was weird to call your step brother's caretaker at ten in the night, especially when you're on a date with your colleague. 

"He's overtiming tonight, and he has never stayed in for this long." Because Kyungsoo had never been out for this long, "So I need to tell him to tuck Jongin to bed by eleven." 

"Oh, okay. Go ahaed." 

Kyungsoo took his handphone out of his pocket and went towards the gallery of the dimly lit restaurant. He dialed Sehun's number a few times but the call couldn't connect. At last, he decided to drop a text instead. So he came back his way towards his table while typing the message, but a few familiar giggles caught his attention. He looked around and found out that the sounds were coming from the corner most table, where a couple was sitting. Actually, not just sitting, they were clearly being way too intimate in public. It was quite dark especially in that corner, so Kyungsoo had to get closer in order to see who was there. Even though both of them were sitting on the couch behind the table, he could definitely tell that one was way taller and broader than the other. The shorter one was blonde. And the only blonde Kyungsoo knew was...Baekhyun. He sighed, it was not a big surprise, Baekhyun's wouldn't mind such public stunts and Kyungsoo already had a strong idea that he currently was involved with someone new. Kyungsoo his heels to give privacy to the couple making out in a public restaurant, but had to stop in his way when he heard in Baekhyun's seductive voice-

"Oh my god. Stop it, Chanyeol." 

Kyungsoo couldn't believe his ears. Did he actually hear Chanyeol's name? Did Baekhyun really have the guts to date the son of a who Kyungsoo hated with all his will? No, it was near to impossible. Baekhyun was Kyungsoo's best friend, why would he do that to him? Kyungsoo turned back around to confirm that he did mishear Baekhyun's words. But sadly, he really was with the same person who had done Kyungsoo so wrong in the past. Seeing the only support of his life besides Jongin, betraying him like this, ripped Kyungsoo's heart away. He kept looking at them kissing and touching each other like there was no tomorrow with tear filled red eyes. He fiercely hit the pillar next to him with his fist to let out some of his anger, the punch was so strong that it caught the couple's attention. Both Baekhyun and his new boyfriend froze in their positions when they noticed Kyungsoo throwing a death glare in their way. Before Baekhyun could even get conscious enough to make a move and explain himself, Kyungsoo marched away from there. 

Kyungsoo came out of the restaurant through the back exit so that he would be able to reach the parking area sooner, and without having to encounter Suho. On the way to his car, Kyungsoo quickly dropped an apology text to Suho saying that he had to leave due to an emergency. He was about to get inside the car, when he was pulled by his arm. A panting and sweating Baekhyun was standing there with a rare expression of worry on his face.

"Kyungsoo...Kyungsoo please listen to me. I was about to tell you everything." 

Kyungsoo shoved Baekhyun's hand away from his arm and yelled at him, "That doesn't matter. I wouldn't have been less mad at you even if you had told me about this."

"Okay Kyungsoo, relax. Just let me explain first. I-" 

"Nothing will justify what you did. I ing hate that person and you would never have done that to me if I really meant anything to you." 

"Kyungsoo you do know that I used to hate him too, right? But then I met him when I got transferred to this block where he was already working. What we saw that day is not the whole truth, but he still feels guilty about it and also wants to apologise to you." 

Kyungsoo's sarcastic scoff was painful to Baekhyun. He himself was on the verge of crying. He could see that Kyungsoo was hurt after finding out about his relationship with Chanyeol, especially that way, and it was hard for Baekhyun because he did care a lot about Kyungsoo. 

"Kyungsoo, at least talk to him once, I swear he-" 

Baekhyun was silenced by Kyungsoo's hand. Kyungsoo was even more pissed off after hearing Baekhyun continuously trying to defend Chanyeol instead of apologising for his betrayal. "I will never forgive him for what he did...and you too. Thank you for everything you've done for me and Jongin to this day. But this is it for us. I don't want to see you again. Goodbye." 

Baekhyun was about to crumble to the floor. He had never in a million years thought that his rock solid friendship with Kyungsoo would end like this. 

"Kyungsoo-" 

It was too late. Kyungsoo had his car on reverse and then straight out of the parking area. Baekhyun just stood there crying while questioning his life decisions. 

*************************

His brain was about to explode. The distance from the restaurant to his house was long enough to run his horrible past like a movie through Kyungsoo's brain. There was no need to be too cautious while driving on that empty highway, which was also a reason why Kyungsoo let himself get crushed under the pressure of those inescapable thoughts. As if losing a family member like friend was not enough painful, Chanyeol's sudden reappearance in his life had reminded Kyungsoo of that horrible day again. 

Chanyeol, a tall, fair, cheerful and sensitive boy, was once one of the closest people to Kyungsoo. Baekhyun was not Kyungsoo's only friend in high school, there was Chanyeol too who was Kyungsoo's classmate and neighbour both. Hence, if possible, Chanyeol was even a better friend to Kyungsoo than Baekhyun. The trio was quite famous for their unbreakable bond, they used to spend most of their time together as if they were siblings. In a small and tight group of homos, it was almost impossible to keep feelings other than just friendship from flowing. And it was not weird that the victim was Baekhyun, and he was highly smitten for Chanyeol. Kyungsoo was aware of this situation but he himself had suggested Baekhyun to hold his emotions back for some time, since there had not been a single sign of attraction from Chanyeol's side. 

But one day, the unexpected and unimaginable happened, which changed everything. It was Jongin's seventeenth birthday. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were out to get the customised chocolate cake they had ordered for Jongin, and Chanyeol had stayed back to look after the birthday boy. When the two boys returned with the cake, they could not find the other two anywhere in the hall. They searched through the house and finally found them in Jongin's bedroom, but in a very inappropriate state. Chanyeol had his one hand down Jongin's pant from the front, and the other one holding his jaw as he kissed him. 

One can imagine what might have happened next. It was so obvious that the innocent Jongin, who probably didn't even know what was happening to him, was not the one to initiate anything. He was clearly being molested by the scum Chanyeol was. And so, Chanyeol was thrown out of Kyungsoo, Jongin and Baekhyun's life. It was hard for the last one mentioned to move on, but he loved Jongin and also definitely didn't want to be with a contemptible person Chanyeol turned out to be anymore. The amount of hate and humiliation Chanyeol received from everyone after that incident made him shift his house far, far away from Kyungsoo's. But if only, he should have just been thankful for not getting sued for molesting someone less abled and underaged. Nevertheless, Kyungsoo had never been able to forgive himself for not being able to protect Jongin that day. And it was the only thing that troubled him everytime Chanyeol's name was mentioned.

It was only by the time he reached his neighbourhood that Kyungsoo came back to present, he realised that he had forgotten to text Sehun, which didn't matter now since Kyungsoo was home way earlier than he was supposed to be. Sehun's thought reminded him of how his intuitions turned out to be false. Kyungsoo was way too soon to judge Sehun, the boy was not that bad and took care of Jongin well, with no bad intentions and whatsoever. Sometimes people are completely opposite of what one may have thought they'd actually be. 

Kyungsoo didn't want to wake Jongin up in case he had already slept, so he didn't ring the doorbell and entered the house using the keys he had. He tried his best to not make a single sound. He had to go to Jongin's room first to let Sehun know that he had come back, so that he could go home. Again, he didn't want to disturb Jongin's sleep so Kyungsoo decided to enter the room without knocking. Although he could hear some weird and muffled sounds from inside, he chose to walk right in. And so he did, little did he know that another shocking scene was awaiting him on the other side of the door. 

For the second time in the whole twenty six years of his living, Kyungsoo felt like he would die on the spot. He could never have thought of what was in front of his eyes even in his wildest nightmare. How could he? How could he think of seeing his precious Jongin bent over and getting his ed by his bloody caretaker like he was a ing slave? 

 

___________________________________________________

 

To be continued...