Chapter 008

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yuri-yah!” Her manager called from inside the van. “Call me if you’re done, okay? CEO-nim will scold me if I let you go home by yourself. And your glasses… People might recognize you so be careful, alright?”

 

“I can handle myself, hyung. For now, just go back to the agency and rest. I’ll call you later.” Yuri confidently replied. “See you later, hyung! Bye bye!”

 

After her service left, Yuri was the only one remaining outside. She suddenly felt a bad feeling about this but she just shook it off. 

 

This is your last chance, Yuri. Better not mess up.

 

In order to prevent being tagged as an idol, she ran her entrance to the enormous mall in front of her. Right after arriving inside, she checked her phone to find the place she and her ‘friend’ is supposed to meet up.

 

“Yuri!” Someone called her from afar after about five minutes of touring around. 

 

“Oh, Juri! Juri!” She waved and walked towards the other girl. “Hello! Gosh, am I late? I’m so sorry-”

 

“Oh, no, no! You’re right on time. I was the one who’s a little earlier.” Juri explained. “I was already starving and I can’t wait for you anymore so I went to grab a little lunch.”

 

“Wait, lunch?” Joyyul checked her smartwatch. “But it’s already 3 in the afternoon… I guess you’re really busy.”

 

“I mean, I kinda am.” The Japanese girl replied, giggling. “I handle my father’s campaign and my family also has some business in Japan so… Yeah.”

 

“Really? I didn’t know that. Now I’m more sorry that I bothered you. But I’m also thankful that you spared me some of your time.”

 

Juri shook her head. “That’s nothing! Of course, you’re a new friend! But don’t worry, you didn’t bother anyone. Today was a free day so yeah.” Juri assured.

 

“So! What do we do today?”

 

“Hmm… I’m thinking we go for a little shopping and then go to cinema. I mean, what can go wrong with movies, right?”

 

“That’s great! So, let’s go now-”

 

“Oh wait, we’re still waiting for someone.” Juri stopped her. “There you are! We’re here!”

 

Yuri turned around and her breath hitched but she tried her best to hide it.




 

“Y-Yena?”

 

“... Y-Yuri.” The duck halted from her steps, holding two servings of churros. 

 

She looked at Juri who’s just giving her an innocent-like smile. 

 

“She… That friend you’re meeting, Juri?”

 

“Yeah… I mean you’re very good friends back in high school, right? I just thought there’ll be no problem. Why? Is there something wrong?” Her fiance asked as if she knew nothing. “Is there any problem, Yuri-”

 

“Nothing! I mean… Nothing.” She said, looking at Yena as if she’s the one to blame. “L-Let’s go now, shall we?”

 

Juri clasped her hand together. “Alrighty right…”

.

.

“... Let’s go!”

***********

“Juri, it’s your clothes, why ask for my opinion if you're the one who’s going to wear it?”

 

They’re inside a branded clothing store for three hours already. They tried a couple of clothes and looked for something to buy. In the end, the idol chose to take a bottle of perfume while Yena just bought sunglasses.

 

“You really don’t have a knack for these kinds of things, aren’t you?” Juri rolled her eyes before looking back at Yuri who’s minding her own world. “She’s always like that, Yuri. I even need to pick the clothes she wears every event because she has bad fashion sense.”

 

“I-Is that so?” Yuri nervously chuckled. 

 

Of course, she knows that.

 

“As in! But, going back to the topic… So, this one or this one?” Juri asked Joyyul, raising both her hands, the left with a simple red dress and the other one black with a laced outline and sequins.

 

“I... Guess the black one? I mean, if you want something fancy. But if you prefer minimalistic style, then go for the red one.”

 

“Really? Then I’ll go with the red one, I like simpler things.” Juri cheerfully answered. “Thanks, Yuri. I’ll just pay this at the counter. Wait here, okay?”

 

“Sure, sure.” Joyyul muttered under her breath as Juri left them, leaving her and Yena together.





 

“Did you know?” The hamster asked the silent duck at the corner.

 

She made eye contact with her, her glare almost piercing through Yena’s soul. “I said, did you know?”

 

“W-What? I-I don’t,” Yena’s voice faltered. “I don’t, I swear. She just told me that we’ll meet a friend. I didn’t know that it’s you. If I only knew, I-”

 

“Wouldn’t go?” Yuri smirked. “Don’t worry, Yena-ssi. I would’ve cancelled this meeting if I knew, too.”

 

“Yuri, that’s not what I meant-”

 

“Juri’s kind and sweet… And to be honest, I realized that actually being friends with her isn’t that bad at all.” Yuri fixed her glasses. “You know, let’s just pretend that we’re okay- I repeat, we’re not close, just… Civil. I don’t want your fiance to think about something that’s in the past now.”

 

“I… I get it.” Yena just answered. 

 

If only you know, Yuri. I really need to talk to that egg later.

 

After a few minutes, Juri arrived with two paper bags. 

 

“Juri, I thought-”

 

“I’m sorry, Yuri… I felt the need to buy both just in case.”

 

“Just what I thought, you wouldn’t choose anyway.” Yena snickered. 

 

“Where do we go now?” Yuri suddenly stood up, clearly feeling awkward being with her ex and her fiance. 

 

“Just as planned,” Juri smirked. “Dear, Yuri…”

.

.

“... What movie?”

***********

“Are you serious?” Nako asked in disbelief, taking out the apron from her body and hanging it on the rack. “You’ll give it? Not just lend it to us?”

 

“How many times do I have to repeat it?” Miku, the girl on the other line, spoke. “Yes, I’ll give it to you and Wonyoung for free.”

 

For everyone’s information, Miku is Nako’s other best friend. They’re known back in middle school for looking like twins, with similar height and charms. She’s also Wonyoung-Nako’s greatest supporter (aside from the whole squad).

 

“I-I mean… This is a great deal for me, Miku! Thank you so much… But are you sure?”

 

“Of course, I’m going to buy another one, anyway. The other bike is from my cousin, but since he already bought a car, I doubt he’ll ever use it again. It’s all yours now, just fetch it from our house.”

 

“Sure, sure! After all, we never had the time to meet again since high school. I’ll go over some time and let’s have a chat-”

 

“Nako?”

 

“Oh, wait, my boss is calling me,” The artist whispered. “Talk to you later. Bye~”

 

She then faced the other lady from behind the counter. “Yes, Ms. Park?”

 

“Here,” Jihyo reached out her hand to give the gal a brown envelope. “Your pay for today.”

 

“O-Oh, thank you, ma’am!” Nako politely accepted the money, bowing to her boss. She checked what’s inside and was puzzled. “Wait- We agreed on-”

 

“I purposely gave a tip, don’t worry. That’s a present for being loyal to our business, only a call away everytime we need you.”

 

Jihyo, Ms. Park, as Nako calls her, is one of the owners of More n More Bistro. They met through Hyewon, who is also a cafe owner. Since then, whenever there’s free space for servers in the shop, Jihyo would always contact the painter.

 

“That’s nothing, Ms. Park. I always value everyone’s time, that’s why I’m quick in responding.”

 

“You know, I’ve always liked your perspectives. Don’t worry, if ever our bistro opens another branch, I’ll certainly hire you as a permanent staff, manager, even.”

 

“R-Really?! T-Thank you, miss! If ever that happens, I promise you won’t regret it.” Nako smiled widely at her boss. “I’ll go now, Ms. Park. Thank you again.”

 

And she immediately went off, ringing the bell on top of the door as she cheerfully made her way back to their house.

 

“Tomorrow, I’ll draw for the update. I need to do it quickly since I also have a schedule at noon at the museum-” The cute gal was checking her schedule when she passed by a store.

 

She fixed her glasses to get a clearer view of the sign inside. “Quick Sale, voice recording teddy bears.” She whispered. 



 

"For my birthday, I want to buy those teddy bears that copy your voice."  



 

“Well… It’s not bad if I buy it earlier, right?” Nako cheekily asked herself, pulling out her wallet. She took a look inside it and her smile grew wider. “Perfect! I have enough extra money to buy her one!”

 

The artist excitedly entered the store and greeted the owner. 

 

“Hello! What can I do for you, ma’am?”

 

“Um… The sale?” Nako shyly asked, pointing at the sign on the window.

 

“Oh! The teddy bears? We still have stock right now! If it’s for a present, I can give you the paper bag for free!” The guy enthusiastically replied. 

 

“Really!? Then I would like some please.”

 

“How many? Only one?” 

 

“Yes, Sir.” Nako answered with respect. 

 

She’s waiting for her gift to be packed when she suddenly remembered something. 

 

Time might just be the most mysterious thing in the world, for no one can guess it’s end nor its beginning. 

 

She took another look at her wallet. Her money is usually divided into three parts, food and bills, Wonyoung’s birthday plan, and for her medications.

 

“Well…” Nako whispered to herself. “... Maybe I can skip my meds this week.”

 

“You’re saying something?” The man on the counter asked. 

 

Nako just smiled. “Yeah, um… I want to buy another one, please.”

 

The illustrator went out of the store and called someone on the phone.

 

“Hello?” The girl picked up.

 

“Hitomi,” Nako greeted. “Are you in the country? Can I come to your house right now? I just…”

.

.

“... I need to ask a favor from you.”

***********

“The movie’s starting!” Juri silently clapped her hands, grabbing a handful of popcorn. 

 

She was sitting between Yena and Yuri, the main reason is the latter avoiding to sit next to her past lover. The two smiled at her, though feeling the uneasiness in the air. And as Juri stated, the film began. To be honest, Yuri enjoys these kinds of movies. It has a pretty plot and the cinematography is amazing. 

 

But how can she focus on those aspects when her ex and her fiance is literally sitting beside her? Not to mention the way Juri is snuggled up to Yena’s arms. She feels worse than a third wheel.

 

This must be how Chaewon felt before. She thought.

 

Of course, when Juri is giving her full attention to the screen, both Yuri and Yena would catch each other looking at the other, and then quickly look away. 

 

“Yena, show her your trick,” Juri excitedly whispered, but still audible enough for Yuri to hear.

 

The Takahashi snapped her head to Yuri’s direction and smiled. “Yena has this trick she always does whenever we’re watching a movie.”

 

“C ‘mon, show her!” 

 

“J-Juri-”

 

“Please,” Her future wife begged, clasping her hands together. 

 

With Juri pleading, Yena can’t say no. She grabbed a popcorn from the paper bucket, threw it in the air with her right hand, and caught it with her left hand from the back of her fiance. As a result, her hand is already around Juri’s shoulders. She then popped the popcorn to the girl’s mouth and the gal gave a cheeky smile while Yena let out an uncomfortable one.

 

“Isn’t she so cute?” Juri asked, smiling wide.

 

“Y-Yeah, s-she is,” Yuri said, stuttering, looking back to the movie. 

 

But no matter how hard she tries to understand the film in front, she just can’t. Because in her eyes, a faded memory came back to life, and it’s so vivid she somehow felt like it’s the one being shown on the huge screen.


 

“Could you guys please stop!?” Chaewon requested, annoyed by the clingy couple beside her. “We’re here to watch a movie, not to be so touchy-feely to each other!”

 

“Oh, really?” Yena snickered. “I bet if Hitomi is here, too, you won’t say that.”

 

“S-Shut up!” Chaewon stammered, her cheeks turning crimson red. “J-Just please! Let me watch the movie in peace.”

 

“You say so,” Yuri said, leaning her back to her seat. 

 

“Do you think we’ve annoyed her enough?” Yena mumbled to her girlfriend’s ear. 

 

“I think so… But personally? I ain’t satisfied.” Yuri smirked, but then giggled at herself and hid her face in the crook of her significant other’s neck.

 

They went to the mall to stroll around and forget boredom, but Chaewon can’t keep her eyes off her phone. She said that Hitomi might call anytime and that she can’t miss any of it. It pissed the YulYen couple as they are beside Chaewon but her mind is on somewhere else. That’s why they are having a playful revenge prank.

 

“I have a plan, but you need to work with me, Love.” 

 

“Uh, sure, sure,” Yuri agreed, as she knows that Yena is the master of pranks.

 

“Hey, Ssamu,” Yena called, but Chaewon gave no attention. “Ssamu, Ssamu-yah-”

 

“I can’t hear anything~” Chaewon responded, still looking at the film.

 

“Really? Ms. Musician-”

 

“Yah… I’m warning you, Yena, no one can call me that-”

 

“Except Hitomi, we know.” The duck continued. “But you’re acting up. C’mon, I just wanna show you something.”

 

“What is it this time?”

 

“Look,” Yena grabbed a popcorn from their bucket. “Chaewon, Yuri, look at this piece of popcorn. I will make it disappear.”

 

“You what? Wait, so you’re a magician now?”

 

“Believe me, Ssamu! It will disappear, promise!”

 

“Ugh, fine,” Chaewon looked towards their direction and crossed her arms. “Do it.”

 

Yena stretched her arms. She then threw the popcorn in the air, the eyes of her friends following it. It then landed on her other hand and closed it, forming a fist. Technically, the popcorn disappeared. 

 

Confused, Chaewon looked at Yena to ask for an explanation. But to her shock, she saw right with her very own eyes how the respected heiress of the Choi clan stole a cheek kiss from her best friend. 

 

Yuri was, of course, also in shock. But when she shifted to Yena’s direction, the duck gave her a wink, a signal. Suddenly, Yuri squealed like a trapped hamster. It isn’t her natural reaction every time Yena steals a kiss from her, for usually, she gives the kiss back. 

 

But in this kind of situation, a bit of overacting isn’t bad.

 

As expected, people turned to them as they were interrupting the movie. Chaewon became more flustered and immediately stood up. “That’s it. I’m done with you two.” 

 

And she walked out of the cinema.

 

“Ssamu, wait-” Yena called, chuckling. She was about to go after her but Yuri pulled her back. 

 

She helped the duck in wearing her black face mask, thick glasses, and black cap to hide her identity. 

 

“Do I still look pretty even with all of this?” Yena asked. 

 

“You look beautiful in everything.” Yuri answered, sending an air kiss. 

 

They then stood up together and went after their friend, holding hands.



 

Sometimes, Yuri would ask herself… What could’ve happened if the public knew? Why did they hide their relationship in the first place? If she could go back, what decision should she change to-- Oh no. I’m thinking about it again.

 

Yuri closed her eyes to clear all her thoughts. 

 

I can’t do this anymore. 

 

“U-Uh, Juri?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I… Have to go now.”

 

“What?” Juri faced her. “Why?”

 

“Well… One-der has a schedule tomorrow morning. I need to get some rest so you know… I won’t look like a witch on camera.”

 

Yuri chuckled uneasy. “I-I really need to go, Juri… Guess we meet when we meet?”

 

“Oh, yeah, yeah, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter