Chapter 004

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you laughing at?" Chaewon asked as she walked towards the baker who is sitting inside the tent.

It's the first day of shooting and everyone is nervous, from the staff to the actors themselves. One by one they arrived and as soon as they stepped foot in the school, they are immediately pulled to do their makeup.

Hitomi, who just finished her look and is waiting for the other members, was alerted when she felt the girl's lips on top of her head. "Oh, didn't hear you coming."

"Well, it looks like you're quite busy with something," Ssamu suggested, sitting beside her. "Care to share?"

"It's nothing, actually. It's… An old video of us." Hitomi replied. "Someone found my old twitter account and saw this."

Hii gave her girlfriend the phone, its screen showing a split-screen video.

"Remember when I'm still in Japan, you made a song for me and I decided to send you a video of me singing it, too. Then, you mixed the two files and yeah… That's the video."

The idol nodded, recalling her memories. But instead of a smiling one like Hitomi's, her face drew great anxiety.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm… Worried. Now, people are starting to dig into your profile-"

"No, no, you don't understand," Hitomi shook her head. "The person who did that is a supporter of yours, of us."

"W-What?"

"Yes, he did that because he wants to know more about our relationship. Here, look at the replies."

The flight attendant scrolled down the page and a wide smile replaced the worried one in Chaewon's face.

 

Gosh, they're so cute <3 <3 I wish I'll find my Chaewon, too

How can someone hate them?! Like they are THAT couple,,, Ugh people nowadays smh

This… is the epitome of uwu aaaaaaack Fighting SsamBbang !!

 

"... SsamBbang??"

Hii-chan laughed at her beau's confused reaction.

"Yes, SsamBbang. That… Is what they say our ship name. Your nickname, Ssamu, and they found out that I'm a baker, so… SsamBbang."

"Oh, okay," Chaewon said, kind of chuckling. She faced the other gal. "But I don't really care. What's important here is that we know that we have some… Shippers?"

Hitomi laughed at Ssamu's awkward pronunciation.

"Yeah, shippers, it is."

Silence.

Chaewon reached for Hii – chan's right hand. "Fighting, Ms. Cheerleader."

 

 

"… Fighting, Ms. Musician."

Their moment was interrupted by the clearing of the throat of one of their producers.

"The director wants me to give you this," She said, giving them pieces of paper.

"Excuse me… What are these?"

"Oh, those are the list of your scenes for today. It also shows where, when and who are you with. That way, you can prepare." She explained. "Well, I better go. I still need to make some adjustments to the set."

"Thank you, Ma'am," Hitomi said, waving goodbye.

She looked back again at the paper.

"Nako, Yujin and I, cafeteria tour, noon… Not bad." Hitomi commented, smiling.

She faced the woman beside her and saw a pale face mixed with a bit of shock.

"Are you okay? You look stressed already."

Chaewon looked at Hitomi. With her dry throat, she tried to read the note.

"Promotional video and tour, School Grounds, noon, with…"

.

.

"… With Yuri and Yena."

************

"How about the catering equipment? Are we ready to serve 'til afternoon?" Hyewon checked her crew, now in front of their food truck.

"Don't worry about us, Kang. I got this," Chowon, her assigned manager for the main branch, reassured. "What you might need to take a look on… Is that."

Kwangbae narrowed her eyes. She turned to face the direction Chowon's lips is pointing and saw a girl in her school uniform, hair a bob cut, with layers of lunch box in her hands.

"Kkura?" She asked, slowly stepping forward.

"Hyewonie~" Sakura sweetly but shyly mouthed.

"What are you doing? Why aren't you in the makeup caravan yet? I asked the producer and she told me that your shoot is noon, right? And it's twelve now."

"Well, our set just got a bit of technical difficulty, we're going for a take after a few minutes," Sakura explained.

Remembering what she's carrying, she stretched her arms forward.

"By the way, I cooked something for you."

Hyewon grinned and bit her lip after hearing those words. She loves food, that's a fact. And she's a chef, that's another fact. But her partner… Not that much. That's why it is such a big deal when Sakura cooks.

"R-Really? I mean, wow." Kwangbae can't show nothing but amusement.

Sakura blushed by these words. "D-Don't compliment me yet. Those are just French Toast and some sandwich with cabbage, it's not like the dishes you make. Besides, I don't think it's good-"

"Everything is good as long as you put effort into it. And I know that you did." Hyewon said, still grinning. "Thank you, Kkura-ya. I will surely eat this during break."

The gaming president smiled back. "That… Is also my sorry gift."

"Hmm? For what?"

"Well, the toast for not sitting with you."

Hyewon chuckled.

"Yah! Why are you laughing?"

"You're just too cute," Hyewon said, finding an excuse to hug the cat. "That's okay. I told you to sit there, remember? And the sandwich?"

"The sandwich… Is for joining Yena going home."

Hyewon stopped from moving and Saku – chan felt how her body tensed up. They look at each other.

"Still mad about that?"

Silence.

"Kinda."

Sakura's heart dropped. She immediately locked her into her arms, tighter this time.

"I'm really sorry, Hye," She apologized. "Please, please, I won't do it again."

"I'm not mad that you talk with her."

 

 

 

"… Really?"

"Yeah, the reason I'm mad is that you did not inform me. Even before, remember?"

Sakura reminisced the time when Yena texted her that she's back in the country while she's ordering their meal and Hyewon saw it. They almost fought inside the restaurant but thank the Gods that Kwangbae has pretty long patience.

"I-I did not inform you because I thought that you wouldn't allow me," Sakura whispered, ashamed of her reason.

"Why not? Well, yeah, she broke my cousin's heart to the point that she doesn't even want to be in a relationship anymore, but she is still your best friend for more than a decade now… And I can't argue with that… Not even when I'm your girlfriend-"

"No, no, you have every right to be mad, Hye," Sakura admitted. "Just… What do I need to do for you to forgive me?"

"I told you, you don't have to-"

"I insist, Hyewon. Anything, I promise." The gamer said, ready to face any consequence.

"Well," The chef thought for a while before smirking.

Sakura took a major gulp. There is no way that's good. That smirk means hell for Saa – chan.

"I want you… To do an aegyo for me right now."

 

 

"…What?" Sakura seemed to lose all her strength.

Hyewon sure knows her weak points. As the daughter of one of the most respected politicians in the country, she's not that good at doing cutesy stuff.

"Hyewonie, I can't-"

"I insist, Hyewon. Anything, I promise," The hamster mocked while doing some weird expression. "Just do it, Sakura. Just one and I'll forgive you."

Silence.

Taking a deep sigh and showing a 'no choice left' face, the cat stepped forward. She smiled and did peace signs with her both hands.

"Hyewonie~~ You'll forgive me now, right?" Sakura said, doing the highest pitched voice she can (thinking that it's cute), smiling and tilting her head to the side on her last word.

She might sound like a whistling kettle with that voice, but to Hyewon, it's music.

Sakura covered her face with both hands, totally embarrassed.

"Why-"

"Don't. Just don't."

Hyewon laughed again, now taking the lead at the hug part.

"Am I your girlfriend or a toy?"

"Why choose one when you can do both?" The hamster replied, getting a heavy punch from the girl. "Yah, I was just kidding! Of course, the first option."

Ring! Ring!

"Wait, baby… I think I need to answer this." Sakura said, dashing away to pick the call.

With her voice as thin as the cold air, she whispered, "Juri? Why are you calling?"

Yep, that's right. She got Juri's number… Long before Yena and the egg met. Sakura and Juri, along with Jurina, are the 'pyramid' of Japan's most prestigious school. This is a story that she hasn't shared with anyone, even Yena, but it looks like Juri already told her.

"Saku – chan! Oh, I just want to say that I'm here at your set. In the soccer field, to be exact."      

 Miyawaki swore her heart didn't race faster before, not even when Hyewon and she confessed to each other.

"W-Why are you here!?"

"Well, I would like to give Yena's lunch. It's also not bad to meet my fiancé's old friends, right?"

"Y-Yeah, I think so," Sakura agreed, now contacting the duck with her other phone. "Just stay wherever you are, okay? I'll contact Yena, you might get bored if you're alone-"

"Oh, don't worry, I'm with someone."

"…Who?"

"Well," Sakura put the phone closer to her big ears. "I'm with- What's your name again?- Oh yes…"

 

 

"Jo Yuri."

.

.

And Miyawaki swore that she never ran that fast before.

************

"What happened!? Why did they meet?" Yena asked, wiping her cold sweat.

"I don't know, too. If I just knew she would be here, I could have fetched her and took her away from them. But she's determined to meet the gang, Ducky." Sakura explained, still drinking her water.

They are under the bleachers, the people they are talking about just above them. Hyewon is just behind Yuri who Juri is busy talking to.

"What am I going to do?" Yena asked, seeking advice.

"Well, what else? You need to act normal and introduce her to us!" Sakura said in a controlled voice. "I thought you're already fine with working with us."

"I am, Kkura, but I'm worried about what they will say to her. I don't like Juri to know about Yuri and I's past. I don’t want her to think that I’m a bad person."

"I mean… Are you not?"

"Saku-"

"Fine! Fine… I'll help you," The girl said, clearly tired of all the mess. "But better talk to your girlfriend about this. I don't want to meet this kind of crap next shooting."

Yena nodded. She was about to walk when her friend stopped her. "What is it?"

"I just realized… Aren't you Yuri's co-actress? Why did she finish shooting earlier?"

"Umm… I'm going to say that she couldn't stand the awkwardness."

"Why? What happened?"

"Well…"

 

"Get to know us more!" Yuri cheered, pointing at herself with her left thumb.

Chaewon smiled and winked. "Be a part of the squad!"

"One-der Cam," Yena pointed at the camera. "Coming soon~~"

"And…. Cut!" The director shouted. "Good job everyone!"

He went towards the three girls. "Wow, One-der really is wonderful!"

"Thank you so much, Sir!" The two girls bowed. "But just stay here, okay? We still have more scenes to shoot."

He then faced Yena who is back at her shy and awkward posture. "And you have great reversal charms, Miss Choi. I really thought it would be hard to film you being so cheerful but guess what? You did not look like those kinds of politicians at all!"

"Of course, she's a crackhead first, politician second," Chaewon said, casually teasing Yena.

To be honest, the duck felt quite relieved that there is now at least two people whom she can talk normally.

"Thanks," She said, her eyes going back to her phone.

The atmosphere returned to its dull state, full of silence and seriousness.

"So, what's up!?" Chaewon said, breaking the obvious ice. "Finally, the Joyuriz are complete again… Right?"

No one answered. Yuri is busy reading their script and Yena is checking the news articles.

"Okay then, you don't want the topic…" Chaewon answered herself, sitting down to somehow hide due to shame.

She looked around and saw the beautiful trees that are just small plants before. The musician suddenly felt nostalgic.

"We have so many memories here, remember? Club Day happened here, where I first met Hitomi and you both met each-"

She stopped before recalling everything but just that small mention captured the attention of the two. They looked at each other but immediately turned back to where they are originally looking at.

Chaewon felt guilty that she has sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter