Chapter 001

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Serve the food while hot. Make sure that the chairs and tables are all set. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we don't want to make a bad impression." Hyewon reminded her staff minutes before the interview.

"Yes, Miss Kang!" The waiters and waitresses cheerfully answered.

The girl smiled. "Good. Fighting!"

"Looks like your crew follows you really well, Hye," Yuri commented when the servers went back to their respective places.

"They're not my crew, they're friends."

Hyewon then slid inside the counter to grab a drink.

"Thanks for telling them to shoot here, by the way. This is the perfect time to make my café known."

"Nothing to say thank you about. I chose your place because this is a safe zone for me." Yuri explained while jumping to shake the nervousness. "This is a big thing. I'm sure that 2k-Plus will throw a lot of questions. I need a place where I feel comfortable."

Today marks the first big interview of the duo. After their concert, 2k-Plus invited them to a live broadcast. It's a famous entertainment channel that will surely put anyone offered to the spotlight. And that's what scares Yuri the most.

"You two will do just good. Have trust in yourself, hamster," Hyewon comforted, fluffing Joyyul's hair.

"We're here now!" A voice boomed the café.

"Hitomi, Chaewon!" Kwangbae greeted. She walked towards them. "Did you bring it?"

"You bet," Hii answered, giving her three boxes. "Our bakery's special cheesecake. Made especially for this day."

"You're the best, Hitomi."

Hii-chan smirked, pointing at herself like ‘Yeah, I am'.

"Wait, 2k – Plus might be here at any moment. Maybe you two should already prepare." The cheese lover suggested.

"Okay then. We'll be back after the interview. Bye for now," Chaewon said, kissing Hii's forehead.

Hyewon faced Hitomi after the duo left and saw the girl's worried gaze. "You look more nervous than your girlfriend."

"I can't help but be," Hitomi replied. "I know how honest Chaewon is. When she's mad, she's mad. If she wants to tell something, she will. What if they ask her something crucial? What if…"

.

.

.

.

.

"… What if they ask about me?"

************

"Ms. Takahashi!" The owner of the high – class salon welcomed her customer.

"Ms. Park," Juri smiled warmly.

"It has been months since we last saw each other. The last time we met," The lady looked behind Juri and back to her with teasing eyes. "You're not engaged yet."

"Oh, right," Juri pulled the duck to her side. "Dear, please meet Ms. Park, she's my hairstylist. Ms. Park, this is Yena… my soon-to-be-wife."

"You are very lucky to be with this egg," The salon owner said. "But she's also lucky to be with you, the new generation Choi."

Yena timidly bowed. "It is, ma'am."

"So," Ms. Park clasped her hands. "What brought you here?"

"Well, the election period is coming so I need to fix my look. I'll be joining my Mom and Yena on their respective schedules. Also,"

Juri looked at her fiancé and the duck stared back with curiosity.

"Also, Yena needs a makeover."

"What? Oh no," The girl disagreed. "I'm already good."

Juri pouted. "But-"

"I don't need a makeover, Juri. But if you really want, I'll wait for you here outside and see if I'll like it."

"Really!?" Juri shrieked in excitement. "I'll go ahead, then. I'm going to make sure that you will like this."

Yena just nodded her head. She sat on a comfy chair after Juri entered the main area of the salon. The Choi decided to read magazines while waiting but a familiar voice through the TV captured her heart.

"Hello, I'm Chaewon!" The black-haired girl introduced. The person next to her followed. "I'm Yuri! And we are… One-der!"

Clap sound effects were heard.

"Wow, such a good introduction!" The host, as usual, does his job. "First things first, can you explain the meaning of your group's name, your concept, and other things related to your duo?"

"Well," Chaewon looked at Yuri, asking if she can answer the question. "About our name… One-der sounds like wander, right? It means to travel or stroll. With this, we want to say that Yuri and I became one and we hope to explore and learn things with our fans during this journey."

"I see. Is that why your fans are also called ‘Rovers'?"

The two shyly nodded.

"Right. Umm, we also did some background research about the two of you." The emcee said, reading the idiot board in front of her. "Apparently, you two did not audition for your agency, IZ Entertainment?"

"Believe it or not, we didn't," Yuri responded. "Though the two of us have always dreamed of being an artist. I wanted to be a singer and Chaewon previously wanted to be a music producer."

"Then how did your agency discover your talent?"

"This is a funny story, actually," Chaewon said while chuckling. "We are just inside a mall and we passed by an event. We're about to leave when suddenly, a lady approached us. She told us that she is a former high school schoolmate from a lower grade and persuaded us to join their singing contest."

"So, we tried to. And days after that, IZ Ent. contacted us using the number we gave to the event." Yuri continued. She then grinned. "And the rest is history."

"But did you expect being called by IZ? Or do you have any specific reason why you joined that event?"

"No, we are not expecting it at all… We did not even plan to go to the mall that day. We just went there because-"

Chaewon felt a grip on her hand from Yuri and she stopped. Realizing what she has said, the girl immediately covered .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter