Chapter 003

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yuri~" The duck softly whispered to the hamster's ear. "Yuri... Yuri, wake up."

"Hmm?"

"Wake up now... Joyyul," Yena ordered, gently pulling Yuri to sit. "Joyyul, we still have an event to attend."

"What…?" Yuri said, wiping her eyes and yawning.

Her eyes suddenly shot wide open when she realized something. 

"H-How did you-"

"I asked your mom if I could wake you up and she said yes."

"But-"

"Your Dad is already in his job, so I wasn't able to get permission from him. But it is your mother who allowed me to-"

"No, no, what I mean is I… don't have any makeup on," Yuri explained, flustered. She immediately covered her face. "Gosh, I sure look like an exhausted hamster."

Yena laughed at her beau's remark.

She gently took the girl's hand with one hand and the other pinched her cheeks. "You still look perfect to me, Miss Jo. You don't need any of that makeup."

"Tch," Yuri rolled her eyes, her cheeks a tint of pink. "Where are we going anyway that you even asked my mom to personally wake me up?"

"You forgot? Well…" Yena asked, chuckling. "… I'm going to introduce you to my family."

The hamster froze for a second. She sat straight up, and her breathing got heavier.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" The Choi asked, casually tugging the hair on Yuri's right ear.

"I… Do you think I'm finally ready?? I mean, those people are no jokes."

"What? Wait, wait," Yena shifted from her seat to properly face the girl. "Yuri, you don't have to be ready. I just want you to be who you are because it's already fine, it's more than great, to be honest. Besides, you don't have to be scared, they are just my family."

"Yeah, yeah, the all-powerful Choi Clan is just your family."

The duck laughed and shook her head. She then took out her wallet and slid out a folded family picture. "Let me change that impression. Here, let me introduce them to you."

Yuri scooted closer, trying to get a better view of the photograph.

"This is my grandfather," Yena pointed at the white-haired, smiling man in the center. "He's the oldest Choi alive. He's-"

"The former prime minister." Yuri recognized and almost covered in shock.

Yena shook her head. "I don't call him that… Makes him a bit of a bragger."

"Grandpa and I are so close to the point that we just tease each other like we're of the same age. Actually, I have enough evidence to say that I am his favorite. Too bad he can't meet you because he's out of the country, but I will introduce you to him as soon as he has the time."

The duck then pointed at a good-looking man who can be mistaken as Yena in disguise. "This is my cousin, Choi Sungmin. We treat each other like brothers and sisters because first of all, we do look like and second, we're both the only child in our respective families."

"He's the reason why we're going to our family brunch. We are planning for his campaign next year because he's next in line for the politics stuff."

Yuri nodded slowly before resting her head on Yena's arms. The duck smiled.

"Tired already? We're not yet done with the introduction. I want you to meet… Him."

Yena pointed at the middle-aged man behind her grandfather.

"He's my uncle, Sungmin's Dad. The current politician of the family, sitting in the assembly of ministers. He's the Choi that everyone expects to be, a bit cold, serious and intimidating in public, but he's actually nice to us at home."

"And then, this is-"

"Your Dad," Yuri cut her off. "You have his nose and lips."

The Jo then pointed at the lady seated next to the guy. "And this is your Mom, the person where you got those eyes."

"Looks like you've been looking at my face every time… You have memorized it."

"It's not that hard to see the resemblance," Yuri explained.

"Okay, okay, I'll accept the alibi. But wait, someone is missing here, I can't remember…"

Yena said, raising the picture up to scan it. She bit her lip but popped it after some time. "Aha! I remember now!"

She looked at Yuri, grinned, and booped her nose. "Here she is, the future Choi, Choi Yuri."

Instead of smiling, Yuri took one of her pillows and hit her hard.

"And here I thought that you really forgot someone in your family. Also, who said that I'm going to be a Choi? I don't want to bear a problematic surname."

She looked at the duck-like she just got a marvelous idea. "How 'bout you change? Jo Yena, doesn't that sound better?"

"Nah, Choi Yuri definitely sounds better."

"I disagree with you on this matter."

"Fine," Yena said. "Let's just see in the future…"

"…Choi Yuri."

The hamster shook her head.

"Jo Yena…"

"Choi Yuri…"

"Jo Yena…"

"Yuri…"

"Yena…"

"Yuri…" She felt someone tug her clothes. "Yuri, wake up."

 Yuri tried to open her eyes but was blinded by her bright lights. She covered her face with her left arm but the person who woke her up used it to pull her outside the room to the table.

"Wake up now," Chaewon pleaded. "I already made breakfast for us even though it's supposed to be your day. I know how tired you are at the album jacket shooting yesterday."

Yuri, who did not care at anything that her best friend has said, looked at the floor. She's about to take a nap again where Chaewon threw a big, orange towel right in the face.

"Chaewonie!"

"You have to wake up, sleepyhead. Now go and take a cold shower." Her co-member said, bringing back her attention back to her phone.

Yuri can't do anything but to follow her, knowing she's right. She passed behind Chaewon on the way to the bathroom and her heart shattered a bit when she read some of the text on the screen of her phone.

 

"OMG so it's true :0 Okay time to cancel One-der."

"Just when you thought that Chaewon is a nice girl... So disappointed rn."

"Guys, let's spread the hashtag #onedercancelled to let those girls know that their career is over"

 

"Still reading those comments?"

Chaewon looked back. "Yuri, I thought-"

"I'm asking you something."

"Well," She sighed. "I try not to, okay? But they already know who Hii is in Japan and here. They are also starting to hate over One-der and Rovers are getting into fights just for this. I'm just... mad."

Yuri nodded, understanding Chaewon's point.

"I'm mad because... because I can't do anything when I'm the one who started-"

"Remember what I told you?" Yuri ruffled her hair. "C 'mon, what did I said?"

 

 

"… Never blame myself."

"Exactly," Yuri lectured. "Just... let them hate. Don't worry, Chaewonie because when we already signed that contract, you can finally do something."

************

"I mean, ever since I entered the national team and Minguri started fighting for animal rights, the media has already invaded our relationship," Yujin explained, looking at her future wife for approval.

Minju nodded. "That's why we decided to make the wedding private. You know, just family and friends."

"That's quite a good decision, actually. The world doesn't have to know everything." Hyewon commented, chewing the candy that IZ Ent. gave her.

"Right? They don't have to-"

"Guys," Yuri called, grabbing their attention. "I have someone here with me who you should know. So, Mr. Im, I want you to meet our friends. Guys, this is Mr. Im Jungyeon, IZ Ent. President."

The girls smiled and greeted the said man. 

The CEO flashed his gummy smile. "It is also nice to see all of you."

"Sir," Chaewon called, holding one of the girls' hands. "Sir, I want you to meet-"

"Honda Hitomis, your girlfriend, right?" The CEO continued, lightly nodding. He happily shook her hands with her. "I am very glad to meet the lady who caught Ssamu's heart. I can now see why she cannot deny you."

He then brought the spotlight back to the other members of the squad.

"Welp, what should I say? Well, welcome to our building and I sincerely hope that you'll enjoy and feel at home."

"We will, Sir," Chaeyeon answered. "We are also thankful to you for letting us stay for the meeting."

Jungyeon shook his hands. "Those are nothing. I just want to give Chaewon a chance because she deserves it. So, you all better do your role, okay? We still want them to release the full album."

"Full album!?" Hitomi almost choked at her bread.

"Why? Didn't the two told you yet?"

"We want to surprise them," Chaewon replied, grinning at Yuri.

"What!? Guys, that's a full album!" Hyewon beamed, doing her cute bunny jump. "That's a huge achievement! Congrats!"

"Well… Not yet," Yuri burst her bubble. "Not until we release the album. Who knows? Maybe we can't have a comeback again."

"Yuri-"

 

 

"Don't worry, we will make sure you will."

All looked for the owner of the voice and they found him near the door, beside two ladies dressed so formally.

The three newcomers walked towards the group.

"Well, hello everyone." The man formally greeted, bowing. "I am-"

"Choi Jaejin."

The eyes diverted their focus to the hamster who just whispered his name.

Jaejin smirked.

"Yuri, right? The last time we met was…"

 

 

"At my family's brunch party."

Yuri agreed, keeping her sharp glare. "Right, who would have thought we will meet again… Sir?"

Suddenly, the atmosphere becomes dark and gloomy.

"Umm, so you know each other now?" Mrs. Miyawaki chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. She then cleared . "Anyways, I am Sakura's mother, I'm pretty sure you all know her. Especially you, Ms. Yabuki."

Nako looked at her friends, not sure whether to smile. 

"And for everyone's information, I am also the Choi Clan's campaign manager."

The other woman stepped forward and grinned.

"Hello, everyone!" She greeted in a joyful manner which somehow broke the boundary between them. "I'm Lee Kaeun, Mrs. Miyawaki's apprentice. I am glad to be here and I hope we will all get along."

Silence.

Silence for an unknown reason. Maybe it's because of the obvious division between the squad and the Choi side, or maybe because Hyewon is starting to get sweaty just looking at her girl's strict mom.

Suddenly, a notification reached Mrs. Miyawaki's phone.

"Okay," She said, clasping her hand. "Ms. Choi said that she's just a few meters away. Maybe we should take a seat and wait for her?"

All agreed and they decided to take up space on opposite sides of the long table.

"Hey, don't," Kwangbae said, resting her arms on the chair beside her. "This seat is reserved."

"What? Oh," Chaeyeon said, figuring out the statement. She's about to find a new seat but abruptly stopped. "Wait, you're right…"

 

"… Where's Sakura?"

************

A limousine stopped right in front of the IZ Ent. Building. Stepping out of it is not a girl, but already a fine lady.

Wearing a limited version of one of the most expensive clothing brands, she walked straight, her confidence overflowing. She tilted her sunglasses down, screening the environment.

"You can leave me now." She ordered her guards. "Also, do not fetch me later. I'l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter