Chapter 002

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chae-"

"Take a seat," The girl commanded.

"Umm, what are you doing?" Wonyoung asked after seeing the other gal turn to different directions.

"I'm just checking if anyone is following me." Chaeyeon said. She then looked at her ‘younger sister'. "Eun requested me to give you this."

Handing an envelope with a pretty generous amount of money, Chaeyeon took Wonyoung's hand and forced her to hold it.

"W-What? No, I can't take this." The tall girl declined, pushing the envelope.

"No, do it. Your sister is anxious about your condition. She knows what your parents are doing just to make your world smaller."

"But-"

"Just take it, Wonyoungie. Don't wait for Eunbi to give it to you personally." Chaeyeon insisted.

After many rounds of push and pull, the gal accepted the money. "Fine, but tell her that I owe her this. I'll pay for it once I found a decent job."

"Sure, if that's what you want," Chaeyeon answered while staring at the other.

She then tapped the table, unsure of what to say next.

"Are you sure about this?"

The question shook Wonyoung. "Come again?"

"I mean, are you sure about running away from home just to be with Nako?" Chaeyeon worriedly asked.

"Why? Chae, you know that Nako is not a bad person-"

"I'm not saying that she is." The dancer elaborated. "I'm just asking if it's worth it. You have everything as a Kwon… A complete family, a comfortable life. Eun and I have been together for 6 years now, but we have never thought of doing such an act. I just want you to think about your decisions-"

"And I have decided. I'm staying with Nako." Wonyoung stated, voice in all seriousness. "If they just accepted Nako as what she is, an artist, this will never happen. Yes, I understand their point, but I will never leave Nako just because she's being true to herself."

The dancer slightly nodded, a signal that she's listening.

"Yes, our relationship just started three years ago, but we have been friends since middle school. We are not being impulsive about this."

"And yes, we may not have the perfect life, but we have the best. Just us being together, doing the thing that we love, writing and drawing. The story we have now is the only thing we've got. Our readers accept us whoever we are, whether we are from a problematic family or not. They value us for our plot and not for our name."

Chaeyeon can't do anything but sigh. The older Kwon begged her to do everything, but it looks like she cannot change Wonyoung's mind.

"You're still Kwon Wonyoung, huh? You're still that hard-headed brat." Chae said, chuckling.

The taller replied with a smile. "Tell Eunbi unnie that this money is a lot of help, and I thank her for that. Explain to her that I love her so much, but I'm fine with what I have now."

"I sure will," The feather stood up, ready to leave. "Say hi to Nako for me. Tell her that if she hurts you, I'll hunt her down. Bye-"

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that question?"

"… What?"

"We are beside you all those times you have dreamed of being on stage, dancing. But because of my parents' standards, you are forced to work in our office."

Wonyoung stood up, eyes filled with worry and sadness.

"Are you sure about all of this, Chae?"

.

.

.

.

.

"Are you sure you're still happy?"

************

"You both know why I called you," The IZ Ent. CEO spoke.

Silence reigns the area.

"I-"

"Before anything, I would like to explain, CEO-nim," Chaewon said, looking at Yuri for support.

The girl at the other edge of the table just held her right hand.

"I'm really sorry for the chaos that I created. I know that I dug my own grave by answering that question truthfully," The musician took a deep breath. "But I also apologize because I'll never regret that decision."

This remark surprised the other two inside the office.

"Yes, it might ruin my career and people will be talking behind my back, but I would rather experience that than deny my girlfriend. And if ever it will come to the point that I have to choose between One-der and Hitomi…"

Chaewon could not continue her sentence because she's afraid to mess up again.

That's when Yuri decided to answer for her.

"If the recent events come to that extent, I will support whatever Chaewon's decision is." The hamster just smiled at her friend. "One-der will never work without her."

The CEO is secretly moved by the duo's bond.

"I appreciate your courage to admit your mistakes and your braveness to support your friend. Both of you know you're almost like a daughter to me, right? I would not let you choose between the two things that you love, what's the point of having no dating ban then?"

The duo is delighted to hear such an introduction, but their smiles faded away due to the next sentence.

"But business is business, girls. We are an entertainment company and we are living in the opinions of people. As much as I want to protect you and let you stay here, the netizens won't be happy and our sales with other groups will be affected."

"W-Wait," Yuri said, chuckling nervously. "Are you-"

"Thank you for all the hard work, Chaewon. I believe that with your talent, many companies will still want to scout you."

The hamster is left in a daze. Kim, on the other hand, quite accepted it easily. Yes, it will be hard for her to leave, but she has already accepted her fate.

Chaewon stood up and did a formal bow. "I am very thankful to you, CEO-nim. Thank you for everything."

The man sadly stood up and went to her.

Yuri is still in a state of disbelief. "No, you can't-"

"You will be missed here, Ssamu." The old guy said, hugging one of his favorite trainees. "Let's see again when you're more successful, okay? Do not give up."

"I won't, Sir," Chaewon said, tearing up.

"Chaewon…" Yuri whispered.

The called girl clasped her hand and chuckled. "I guess I'll leave you now. I still need to say goodbye to the other staff. Bye for now, Sir."

Ssamu slowly walked to the door.

"CEO-nim," Yuri begged. "There must be another way, please…"

The guy just looked down. It's also unfortunate for him, she lost an ace… a trainee… a daughter.

"Sir, I beg you. I will not let Chaewon go that easy. She deserves a chance… Give her a-"

"CHAEWON!"

Just before locking the door to leave, Ssamu shot her head up at the call. The CEO massaged his temples and went to his desk to grab some files.

"There is another way, actually," The guy explained. Yuri immediately pulled the crying Chaewon to the mister's desk.

"W-Why not tell us earlier?"

"Because," The CEO sighed. "It's a risky case… Political."

"Political?"

He nodded.

"The plan is to create a reality show for the two of you."

"What?!" Yuri beamed in excitement. "This is our dream!"

"Yes, yes, but there's a problem." The man continued. "The plan is a reality show for One-der with your high school squad. The sponsors want you to relive your high school memories."

"Sponsors? Meaning you're not the one behind this? And why is this about our high school? Why did you say that it's dangerous?" Yuri starts bombing him with questions. "Sorry, I'm confused. First, tell us, CEO-nim… Who's the sponsor?"

The man took a deep breath.

.

.

.

.

.

"Choi Yena's Political Party."

************

"No… No… She can't come back! I'm already fine, I already forgot her... Why is she messing up my life again!?"

Yuri rolled around her bed while mumbling things to herself.

They did not agree on the show yet. Chaewon knows that out of all people, it will be the hardest for Yuri that's why she gave her time to decide. That is also the reason why the hamster is looking like an electrified worm now.

After calming herself, Yuri sat down. Instinctively, she grabbed something under her bed: a small dark yellow box. She blowed the dust off its top. Opening it, all memories came flooding in. It's the necklace Yena gave to her on their first anniversary…

… The necklace she gave t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter