Chapter One

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Magical night, Wendy thought as she passed the same old café around the corner. It was already dawn and the sky looked immensely beautiful that particular night. She casually whistled, trapped around her own thoughts as she made her way home from grocery shopping.

 

For some reason, she didn't put her earphones just so she could enjoy the breeze and the surroundings. She dreaded thinking about the assignments that were due tomorrow, well being a good student she had already completed it, but she was worrying about her two friends who didn't care for the world. 

 

“Joy's probably out, Seulgi’s sleeping, I can tell” She said under her breath thinking if they completed the assignments or not, both of her friends always copied her works, not that she's complaining or anything but she wished for them to do it themselves.

 

As she stood by all the other people waiting for the traffic lights to be red so they could cross the road, she noticed a familiar face across the other side of the road. She thought her eyes were teasing her but looking closely, it really was who she thought it was. It was her, the one girl who everyone in school knew.

 

Wendy didn't think much about it, so she walked the road as all the vehicles stopped in the red light. She walked caring not too much of that oh-so-someone walking past her. They crossed paths, it didn't matter much because they're not friends or anything. Yes, she's heard baseless rumours about the girl, but she didn't care much about anything that didn't matter to her.

 

This time, Wendy really wondered what those patches were around her neck.

 

Irene is a mysterious case.

 

    Just as how Wendy had imagined, her friends called her and asked if they could crash her home, all so that they can copy her assignments which isn't healthy. Wendy being a nice and kind human, agreed and let them crash over. Her parents didn't mind them as they were really close with others and came for sleepovers many times. 

 

“I didn't know we had this much work” Joy sighed as she plopped on the bed and muffled a fake cry.

 

“It's better if you start taking classes seriously.” Wendy promptly said as she played some simulation game in her phone while her two friends moved their hands quicker to complete their assignments.

 

“I do take it seriously, but I always fall asleep.” Seulgi said this time.

 

“I don't know how you never get bored while the lectures happening” Joy added throwing a subtle glance at Wendy.

 

“It's because I want to learn, not like you lazy dogs” Wendy joked as she didn’t look up to them.

 

“Yah! we're not lazy, we're outgoing, social unlike you” Joy mumbled.

 

Wendy chuckled, “That doesn't have anything to do with learning.”

 

“Can you two stop talking? I'm trying to concentrate.” Seulgi spoke interrupting them.

 

“Concentrate what? Copying her work?” Joy scoffed.

 

Seulgi glared the latter, “You're doing the same, Joy”

 

“You two are no fun.” Joy muttered as she stayed quiet and continued her work. 

 

“Seulgi unnie, I have a news to you” Joy said after an hour or so. 

 

“Which is?” Seulgi questioned with her one eyebrow raising up. Wendy rolled around her bed, closer to the girls who were sitting on the floor.

 

“Give up on Kai” 

 

Seulgi stopped her work and looked Joy, “Ew, I'm not even trying on him”

 

Joy looked astonished, “Oh? I thought you were because you kept talking to him on the phone yesterday.”

 

Seulgi shook her head, “He's in the dance club, and so am I, we were talking about holding a meeting to talk about the next dance concept. Pabo.”

 

“So, my total confidential news is of no use?” Joy cracked.

 

“What's it about him anyway?” Seulgi asked.

 

Wendy chuckled, “He’s probably dating right?”

 

Joy nodded as her eyes sparkled, don't freak out, it tends to sparkle when she's excited about something.

 

“The twist is about who exactly he's dating.” Joy said with a smirk. Long forgotten their unfinished homework, rest in peace.

 

Wendy made a gross face imagining something, “Don't tell me he's dating our Yerim, she's a junior forgodsake.”

 

“Like that would happen in a million years, Yeri won't score someone like Kai?” Joy answered/questioned. It's not that she's dragging Yeri but they are super close to the point that they love dragging each other. Joy finds Yeri beautiful and believes that the girl will score anything and everything in life, but she can't say that aloud, can she?

 

“I don't even want her to score someone like Kai.” Wendy mumbled, she didn't fancy Kai like others do. She always thought Kai was intimidating and his looks scared her, he was handsome but that wasn't what she preferred.

 

“Is he dating Jennie? I see them together all the time” Seulgi asked because the news of them had been floating the school’s surface for a week now after everyone noticed how they were closer than before.

 

“I thought that too! But it's really insane…”

 

“I heard he's dating Bae Irene” 

 

That's the name which shouldn't be spoken so loudly and freely. Seulgi’s eyes almost popped out while Wendy sat there with no reaction, she didn't really have a reaction to it.

 

“Kai must be the tenth guy this year…” Seulgi laughed, joined by Joy. Wendy didn't find anything amusing, she heard the tireless dating of Irene and it grossed her out. She caught Irene with different guys many time and she could usually just shake her head and walk away.

 

“Does that girl take a break? Heard she's crazy.” Seulgi asked this time. Seulgi is an absolute lovely bear and the purest human being but she loves when there's some drama or gossips, totally influenced by our miss Joy.

 

“I've heard about her from so many people and to conclude, she's not a nice person. I reckon for all of you to stay away from her.” Joy warned.

 

“You guys should do your works now, it's pointless to talk about someone with so much bad reputation.” Wendy said and pointed her friends to do their works and get it done.

 

Wendy’s heart ached, in a different way, it ached for her to solve some puzzles. Wendy absolutely lo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter