Chapter Four

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
How did it end up like this? Seulgi was uncomfortable and anyone could see it, even Wendy who sat beside her with the same perplexed look. Joy seemingly looked okay and ate the food quietly, not speaking anything since she arrived. This was some disgustingly awkward silence.

 

“Wendy, do you want to drink my milkshake?”  Jackson offered out of the blue, breaking the silence and eyeing Wendy with the sweetest smile ever. Irene, who sat beside Kai wasn't impressed but stayed mum while munching her food.

 

Yeri, the only one who was younger than them, cringed and took the milkshake instead, not wanting Wendy to feel pressurized by it. Yeri shakes the drink and moans, “This is really good, oppa. Thank you.”

 

A faint nod was given by Jackson, who was stunned and nothing else. Before the silence could make its way again, Kai decided to speak up, “We should do this often, now that Irene’s with us too”

 

Irene smiled at them, holding Kai’s hand and for a moment Seulgi wondered how blind Kai can be in love. Joy almost choked, “O-Of course, that would be super lovely.” The sarcastic tone of Joy was pretty much evident but the new couple didn't react.

 

“I think I should go, it's pretty late.” Wendy said to them, in which Jackson frowned but no one cared. Seulgi, who was relieved, nodded and added, “I should go with Wendy too, and you Yeri, we’ll drop you home”

 

“Okay, unnie. I was getting bored already” Yeri muttered and stood up, fixing her small back pack which consisted of only air. Joy looked betrayed, she silently glared her three closest friends, mad for not making her part of the escapade. 

 

But, Joy quickly thought of something and spoke, “Seul! You brought your car?”

 

Seulgi nodded, “What are you talking about? Didn't you come wi-”

 

“Okay! I need a ride, so drop me off too” Joy said, before Seulgi could run and spill that they came together earlier in Seul’s car. Wendy chuckled silently, knowing the whole situation already. Her eyes trailed towards Irene, who was looking at her already. 

 

“You two, congrats again. Sorry, we have to leave” Wendy said to them, Kai stood up and hugged Wendy lightly. Irene stood there still looking at Wendy, wondering if she should hug or…but Wendy hugged her. 

 

Irene gulped as Wendy’s sweet smell invaded, she slowly hugged her back not looking stiff. She then whispered so only Wendy could hear, “Tomorrow lunch, rooftop”  

 

 

“She's plotting something” Joy said as soon as she settled down at the back of the car along with Yeri, who seemed rather bored, probably questioning why she was called for today's gathering.

 

The engine started and Seulgi the radio, but keeping it low so they could talk, she finally heaved a relieved sigh and agreed, “Why would she accept Kai’s proposal after rejecting him?”

 

Joy clapped her hands, “That's what I'm thinking about, she seems weird”. Wendy kept quiet at the shotgun, not wanting to speak and the ache in wasn't helping her at all. She shouldn't have agreed to drink sodas with Joy for fun. 

 

“You guys are overthinking, you could get a 100 if you did that with your studies” Yeri said sarcastically looking at the two baffled unnies, who were offended.

 

“You're the same level as us, Yerim. Don't act like you're smart.” Joy playfully slapped the younger’s arm and got a hiss in response.

 

“Last time I heard, you got the last place out of all the students at the school” Yeri muttered making Wendy cackle.

 

Joy glared Wendy and turned to Yeri to slap her arm again, “That was in elementary school!” 

 

“You're the least smart between us so just be quiet unnie” Yeri added before Joy could throw her out from the moving car. 

 

“Kai sure is a fool” Seulgi said, wanting to talk more about the things and about how she truly felt. She didn't trust Irene, never did.

 

Wendy sighed, “Seulgi, lets give it a chance”

 

“What?” Joy asked instead of Seulgi, who turned to the street that leads to Yeri’s house.

 

“I mean, Kai is our friend and he seems happy with Irene. Why don't we give it a chance and be friends with her? It isn't that hard” Wendy concluded with a dry laugh.

 

Joy scoffed, “You guys do that, but not me.”

 

“Wendy unnie is right. Irene sounds fun anyway, you guys need to stop overthinking and analyzing about stupid things. If you guys agree, Wendy unnie will take us into that new ramyeon restaurant!” Yeri shrieked being excited all of the sudden and Wendy had to give it to her for the amazing effort of trying to eat freely at the new restaurant.

 

“Is it true?” Joy looking Wendy with a huge smile.

 

With no other choices, Wendy nodded slowly. She has done savings through her part time jobs and it can afford to feed her hungry babies so it was okay. Seulgi who usually dies thinking about food hadn't spoken a word so Wendy got worried,

 

“Are you up for it, Seul?” 

 

Seulgi nodded not even glancing back at them but it was understandable as she was driving. She then tiredly spoke, “I'm fine by it but I still have my doubts regarding Irene”

 

“I'm pretty sure we all do” Joy added quickly and went on with bickering with Yeri over something irrational like usual. Wendy nodded and grabbed Seulgi’s resting hand on the gear , giving an encouraging  smile. 

 

 


The smoky room and the dim lights made Seulgi’s eyes hurt. The only place she dreaded to come to but she had to this time. A bunch of drunken people hung out here and also rebellious teenagers, one in particular being the drop out from Seulgi’s school. Once she dropped off her other friends, she immediately ran upto this place to meet the person, who had once dated Irene Bae.

 

“I can't believe you're finally inside this place.” Suho winked while putting the cigar between his dry lips. His eyes were red and Seulgi tilted her head to see the other high people wondering how this place hasn't been found out by the police yet.

 

“And I can't believe you're still hanging in this place” Seulgi responded, and sighing on how the crazy basketball lover boy ended up in this place.

 

Suho kept his cigar aside, solely focusing on Seulgi, “So, what's up?” His breath smelled a lot like cigarettes and different flavors that ticked Seulgi’s senses off for a reason.   “I want to know about Irene” The answer wasn't expected by Suho, as he quickly leans back in the chair and sighs.

 

“That cunning , I tell you, she's a crazy girl” The fruitful images of Irene and their newly love made its way to Suho’s mind and he curses under his breath.

 

Suho took out a cigarette this time and lit it up with the help of his own customized lighter, “I loved her.”

 

“What happened between you two?” Seulgi asked because after the breakup, Suho shortly dropped out and never showed himself up but Seulgi knew where to find him because of her brother. His bro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter