Chapter Two

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Wendy was raised in a very loving family, with every ounce of love given to her and her older sister. She was known to be understanding from very little, had a very caring personality which everyone loved. She was the type of girl whom everyone wanted to befriend. But she wasn't outgoing, she was in the middle of the introvert and extrovert line. She couldn't dare to make the first move unless the others do.

 

“Hey, Wendy” 

 

Wendy wasn't perplexed because she was used to Jackson’s everyday greeting by now. The latter knew that the flower boy had eyes on her, but she would very much like them to stay as friends. 

 

“Morning, Jackson” Wendy gave a genuine smile, not too forced and not too leading. Jackson was a nice guy and was humble, funny, everything that Wendy searched in a guy but somehow her heart didn't flutter. Wendy wanted a love that makes her go hue, not the neutral one.

 

“I found this amazing place by the soccer ground. It reminded me of you, it's exactly your type.” Jackson fiddled with his shiny ring as he sent Wendy a huge smile, only meant for Wendy and no one else.

 

Taking out the notes and checking them one by one, Wendy didn't think much and answered, “Is it a café?” 

 

Jackson immediately nodded, feeling a little proud by remembering Wendy’s choice of cafés which was disclosed in a truth and dare game a year back. 

 

“That's nice” 

 

‘Isn't that Irene?’ 

 

Wendy casually trailed her eyes towards the class door, her heart skipped a beat as she saw Irene smiling so beautifully, but it felt sour a little while as she fully adjusted and saw who the smile was directed to. Kai hugged Irene and kissed the top of her head, a perfect couple in others eye.

 

“Daebak, didn't know Kai was dating Irene” Jackson said from the beside, looking puzzled like the whole class right now. 

 

Wendy kept her peace as she just stared the pair acting all cute in front of the whole class. It seemed like Irene came to drop Kai to his class, what a girl crush. 

 

“It was a bad choice dating Irene but they look good” Jackson mumbled.

 

Wendy shook her head and glanced Jackson, “Bad choice?”

 

Jackson nodded, “I heard that the girl is crazy, like legit.”

 

Wendy seemed interested, so she fully averted her attention to Jackson. 

 

Jackson got the hint and told Wendy what he had heard from his other friends.

 

“There's rumours around her neighborhood too, everyone there agrees that Irene is an insane girl. Heard that…”

 

Jackson leaned closer while eyeing others if anyone was listening to their conversation or not.

 

“…she murdered her parents.” Jackson whispered in Wendy’s ear.

 

Wendy moved back and stared down Jackson with utter confusion, well how can she believe it? 

 

“Who makes these kind of rumours?” Wendy asked, getting offended because who wouldn't? What if that rumours was directed to her? It could be painful. And by the encounter back in the roof with Irene, Wendy didn't think the girl is some kind of plague everyone should avoid. She definitely didn't have good impression of Irene but that doesn't mean she would believe the rumours, especially something as triggering as that.

 

“I honestly don't know, but Irene has a list of guys already, Kai is being fooled.” Jackson shrugged.

 

“It's his choice to like Irene” Wendy answered back, following her eyes to the pair again but this time, a pair of doe eyes were already looking at her direction.

 

Should Wendy wave? 

 

Are they friends?

 

Of course not! All they shared was the sandwich and a few words.

 

Wendy then did what her instincts told her to, she raised her arm and waved towards Irene, whose eyes widened. Wendy’s heart crushed a little at the embarrassment as Irene looked away and didn't return the same gesture, completely ignored. 

 

“Did you just wave at Irene?” 

 

Oh, how could she forget Jackson was beside her, watching every scene?

 

“No. I thought Seulgi came” Wendy flatly lied and was relieved to see Seulgi walk inside just in the perfect time.

 

Jackson chuckled, “I was worried for a second as I thought you are friends with that girl, she's no good, Wen.”   Wendy laughed along too, a little forced, “I don't have time to make more friends, I have Seulgi and Joy to take care of already”

 

Wendy noted in the back of her mind to never ever greet Irene ever, they were stranger, why did Wendy believe that the one time encounter in the roof would make them friends? Symbolically dumb.

 

“What’s popping, love birds?” Seulgi greeted them as she sat in front of Wendy, her usual place.

 

Wendy didn't complain about the fact Seulgi calling them ‘lovebirds’, Seulgi loved to tease them and even if Wendy did deny it, it could be of no use. On the other hand, Jackson was blushing and hiding his face  like a girl, so sweet as Joy could mention if she was here.

 

“Did you wake up late again?” Wendy asked because Seulgi was exactly 15 minutes late than her everyday arrival.

 

Seulgi shook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter