Chapter Eight

Mad Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Why are you here?” Irene asked to the sleepy figure beside her. She had come to the roof but to only see a person lying at the floor, her initiative thought was to just walk away but when she saw the figure clearly, she had to stay.

 

“Skipping classes.” Yeri yawned as she grinningly looked Irene, who gave a small nod.

 

“What about you?” Yeri sat up and noticed the band aids around Irene’s slender fingers. She jokingly pokes it whether to check it if Irene makes a face or not, and she doesn't.

 

“I'm skipping too, English is just too much to me.” Irene muttered, pulling her hand away. 

 

Yeri chuckled and then with shiny eyes, babbled, “We only have two days till summer vacation, I can't wait.”

 

“Summer…” Irene softly said and lied down, which amused Yeri. The latter did the same and plopped down beside Irene.

 

“Say, unnie…I like you.” Yeri said which made Irene to turn and gaze her. 

 

“That's very…unlike.” Irene turned away and kept her eyes fixated up the sky, which had little clouds around and no sun. 

 

“I mean I like you but as a person? You're weirdly fun to be around.” Yeri said it on one breath, not wanting Irene to misunderstand in any kind of way. 

 

Irene gave a small chuckle, “I knew what you meant. It's just very unlike because your group hates me.”

 

Yeri gulped because it was definitely true, but still said, “Wendy unnie doesn't hate you, she basically adores you and let's not even talk about Kai oppa. He has been in a bad shape ever since…”

 

“I…I truly feel guilty for making him like that. I wasn't in love, I didn't want to make him feel like I loved him when it's not possible at all.” Irene breathed out.

 

Yeri nodded, she is quite stunned by Irene’s frankness all of the sudden but she enjoys it. She enjoys the depths of someone's life. 

 

“By your group, I meant Seulgi and Joy.” Irene emphasized.

 

“Oh…they can be really tough” Yeri agreed on it.

 

“They look me like I've done something bad. Like I'm someone dangerous. Do you think that too?” Irene looked Yeri through the corner of her eyes.

 

Yeri sat up, “No, unnie. I find you rather cool and closed off, that's even cooler. They'll know who you really are when you guys become friends.”

 

“But I don't want them to know who I really am.” Irene sat up and faced Yeri.

 

Yeri raised her eyebrows, “Why?”

 

Irene moved in closer, her face only inches away from Yeri, as she whispered, “They'll kill me.”

 

The intensity in Irene's eyes were really something, Yeri thought as she was left speechless. But Irene broke into one of her rarest and fullest smile Yeri has ever seen.

 

“I got you good.” Irene chuckled and moved away.

 

“You were joking right?” Yeri said as she smiled too.

 

Irene rolled her eyes, “Of course, I was. Do you think I'll let them kill me?”

 

Yeri weirdly looks at Irene, who winked at her, “Take it easy, I am a person with dark humor. But I'll stop it if you're feeling uncomfortable.”

 

“No, it's cool. I'll adapt to your humor, unnie.” 

 

Then the silence took place again, but Yeri’s phone buzzed, startling Irene the most and Yeri laughed at her. 

 

“Oh, it's from Wendy unnie.” Yeri mumbled and typed something.

 

“What did she say?”

 

“Seulgi unnie called us today at her house for a friendly hangout and Wendy unnie asked if she should bake goods for Seulgi after she goes home or not” Yeri shook her head, as if she went through this a lot, she certainly did though. Wendy would bake Seulgi’s favorite cupcake even if Yeri said no. 

 

“Is Wendy good at baking?” Irene asked, playing with her hair and looking far away the distance.

 

“Yes, she is. You should try her red velvet cake, it's the most amazing taste.” Yeri drooled.

 

“I don't fancy sweets though.”

 

“A bummer! Seulgi unnie and Joy loves them, so Wendy unnie gets motivated to bake them more. She even once said that she would feed Seulgi till death because she eats so well.” 

 

Irene laughed, “That's so Wendy.”

 

“Maybe I should make a habit of eating sweets then.” Irene added with a small smile.

 

“The last bell’s about to ring, I'll head down now, unnie. See you.” 

 


■■■■■■■■

 

 

“Kai has been giving me creepy looks” Irene said to a hungry Wendy, who had been munching her food. Wendy had been eating lunch with Irene for a few days, though her friends didn't say anything. Seulgi had been quite nonchalant and quiet while Joy was still Joy.

 

“Of course he would, you dumped him if you kind of forgot.” Wendy said, still chewing her food. Irene made a gross face and threw her some tissues.

 

“I dumped him in a good way, if he was some other boy, couldn't even have said that face to face.” Irene shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Oh right, I forgot you're a playgirl. You've dated almost half the school.” Wendy said while cleaning her hands.

 

“I should search for a new one.” 

 

Wendy looked shocked, “Wait…don't you like me?”

 

“Doesn't mean I can't play around.” Irene threw a subtle wink.

 

Wendy chuckled and agreed because it was true in a point. 

 

“I heard from Yeri that you're good at baking.” Irene said. 

 

“I don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter