Chapter 8: Min-ji

Love & War

I miss him. I tried, but they wouldn't let me see him. I tried and tried. I know he's not going to succeed because I'm not there. I quit my job with enough money for me to take a break for a few months. The handprints of him choking me are still faint around my neck, but I'm not mad. He was scared and I was his security and I left him when he needed me. I look at the contents of the package of his childhood his parents wanted. I knew I had to be the bigger person, I cried as I did this but I had to let Jennie know. I had to let her know that Jong-in was alive because he needs somewhere to stay and I know they're not going to let him come with me in fear for my safety.

 

I go on my phone and I go onto Instagram and to Jennie's profile I hit the DM button and I message her. I gave her my number. I didn't think she'd call this fast. "Where is he? And how do you know him?" "I'm Min-ji we were childhood friends. I saw him again when I was working as a nurse in the war." "You're the Min-ji Jong-in wouldn't shut up about." I hug my best friend bear and tried to hold back my tears. "Yes." "Which hospital is he in?" I tell her and she gasps. "He went crazy? OMG wait till I tell his parents." "No," I protest quickly. "He doesn't want his parents to know that he's alive." "He's in a crazy hospital and you think I'm going to keep this a secret? I don't think so. Thanks for the information, ciao." She hangs up and I throw my phone across the room and I let out a howl. I hug my bear. I know I just made it so I can never see him again.