+ Winter_Bear_Chapter_2 +

Winter Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15 years later

 

I've never been this excited before. You know that kind of sensation where you feel like your heart's gonna burst out just because of how joyful you're feeling inside? I don't know how to really explain it, or if you get what I mean, but that's how I feel right now. I just can't stop smiling. It's as if my world suddenly is just how it's told on children's fairytales where the birds are chirping, the flowers bloom so beautifully, the leaves on the trees are dancing along the wind that blows against it; it's just like that. I'm at peace. I know I've been nothing but happy and blessed and contented in the past 15 years, but now, right here at this exact moment, I feel so peaceful. I feel like a bird who finally realized the cage's door has always been opened. 

 

Smiling at myself, I the radio of my car and allowed myself to be engulfed by music - the one thing I once loved the most. Bobbing my head along the songs that I know of, my mind - as if it's some sort of a time machine - brought me back to the past beautiful years of my life. It wasn't easy getting to where I am now and to be with the people I truly love, but with a rightful mix of courage, patience, strong will and love, I managed to get past through the hardships and onto the treasures that I now cherish even more than my own life. 

 

Oh yes, this is the life, I said to myself. I am happy and so full of love. What more could I ever ask for?

 

My lips broke out into the widest squarish grin it could muster when a very special song, one that really hits home, came on. I know I look like a fool who smiles to himself, and so I tried and bit my lip in an effort of suppressing my grin and sang along with it. 

 

Isn't she lovely

Isn't she wonderful 

Isn't she precious 

Less than one minute old 

I never thought through love we'd be 

Making one as lovely as she 

But isn't she lovely made from love 

 

Isn't she pretty 

Truly the angel's best 

Boy, I'm so happy--

 

I was cut off when my phone started ringing. Turning the radio down, I looked at the caller ID and smirked. "You finally decided on talking to me?" I said as I place my in-ear, mockery dripping in my tone. The only answer I got was a deep sigh of frustration from the other line and it didn't tone down the geekiness bubbling inside. Tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, I let out a chuckle. "What? I'm waiting." 

 

You're going to hell, you know? 

 

I laughed out loud at that as it wasn't the kind of response I'm expecting. "Whew, that seems far from what I'm expecting to hear, don't ya think?"

 

Well, it's all you're ever gonna get from me. 

 

"Oh come on, who exactly are you trying to kid? After two weeks of blatantly ignoring me, you finally came about and we both know the reason why" I replied, knowing all too well that even the grin I'm wearing can be heard through the other line. "It's about time you realize you can't live a lifetime without me in it and you know it's the same case for me but you're just too butthurt to even admit that." 

 

Nothing. I heard nothing after that. I know the conversation ain't gonna end here and so I waited. I focused on driving as I hear breathing from the other line, apparently in contemplation of what to say next. 

 

It's not like that. I just had to.. to think about something important. 

 

My eyes squinted by the sudden change in the atmosphere but didn't respond as I sensed that the sentence isn't over yet and I don't want to interrupt anything.

 

You see, I got to know some serious stuff in the past-- there's a long pause but I still didn't say anything. I just kept silent and waited. --and I think now's the time for you to find out as well. I mean, it concerns you. It's about you. And--it's really, really something you should know about. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter