Acht (8)

The Silent Boy

Days turned into weeks, Chaeyoung and Mina started to grow closer and closer. They would eat together in the school's roofop during break time, and oddly Mina liked having sleepover at Chaeyoung's place. Chaeyoung had never been to Mina's house, but he was sure that Mina lived in a very big house, full of expensive and luxurious things. So, he didn't really understand, why Mina would often sleep over at his small and ugly rooftop house.

"Your house feels more like home" she would answer, whenever she was asked, why she liked having a sleepover at his house.

She had also gotten used to sleeping on a mattress and even started doing house chores.

Chaeyoung started to develop deep feelings to Mina. He didn't fully understand it. However, there were times when Mina would put her head on his shoulder, and his heart would beat faser. He would also catch himself staring at Mina in fascination, the same way he looked at art work and his mother. He wondered if Mina felt the same way?

Oddly too, the jocks haven't made a move to bully Chaeyoung. It's been really peaceful for Chaeyoung and Mina. Chaeyoung just shrugged it off. The Jocks probably realized that bullying was awful.

They were currently eating on the rooftop. Mina was talking about the new video game that she played. Chaeyoung knew nothing about it, but he listened anyway. The way her gummy smile would show, whenever she felt happy, was enough to make Chaeyoung feel warm inside.

"Chaengie, are you done?" Mina asked him.

Chaeyoung who was just staring at Mina, quickly stuffed food to his mouth. He blushed, embarrassed that Mina caught him staring at her. Soon, he finished his food.

"Let's go back to class!" Mina offered, showing her gummy smile.

Chaeyoung quickly closed his lunchbox and grabbed it with him and followed Mina. They were walking down the stairs. Mina reached out her hand to twist the door knob, when suddenly Mina was pushed by someone and that someone was soaked wet.

Mina fell down and Chaeyoung froze in his place.

"Are you okay?" That person asked Mina.

"What is Mark doing?" Jackson whispered to Bambam.

"I don't know, let's confront him later" Bambam whispered back then they left.

It turned out that Jackson and Bambam set up a bucket full of water on top of the door leading to the rooftop. So, when someone opened the door, they would be soaked wet. The trap was orignally for Mina and Chaeyoung. However, Mark decided to save them.

"I'm fine" Mina answered.

Mark offered his hand for Mina to take, and Mina gladly took it. They looked at each other for awhile, before Mina broke the silence.

"You need to change! Let's go find a teacher, maybe they have extra clothes for you!" Mina proposed the idea.

"Chaeng, I will be accompanying him to find a set of clean clothes, you can go back to class alone!" Mina said, before she and the guy walked away leaving him.

Chaeyoung's heart clenched at the sight. He started to feel something, he never felt before. He felt this burning feeling in his chest. Then, he went to class with a heavy heart.









 

Soon they found a teacher, while walking in the hallway.

"Oh my goodness, what happened to you, Mark?" the teacher asked.

"I slipped in the bathroom" Mark lied.

"How could you possibly get that wet, if you just slipped in the bathroom?" the teacher questioned.

"Sir, do you have clothes for him to change in? He's going to catch a cold, if he keeps on wearing wet clothes" Mina came to the rescue.

"You're right, dear. Mark, follow me!" The teacher beckoned.

Mark mouthed 'thank you' and Mina mouthed back 'you're welcome'. Then, Mina skipped her way to class, happily.













 

Mina entered the class with pinkish cheeks and a really bright smile. Chaeyoung crumpled his fist. He felt angered at the sight of Mina smiling happily after she went with that guy.

"I'm sorry for being late, Mr. Lee . I was helping another student finding a change of clothes. He was soaked wet." Mina apologized to the teacher.

"Just quickly take a seat and do your assignment. Ask your friend, what the assignment is." Mr. Lee instructed.

Chaeyoung watched her take a seat, then she asked someone on her back about the assignment, still grinning like a fool. He felt his heart clench at the sight.









 

Jackson harshly pushed Mark to the set of lockers and grabbed his collar.

They're currently in the boys' changing room.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" Jackson bellowed.

Mark just kept silent.

"Jackson, let's talk this out in peace, okay" Jeongyeon tried to calm Jackson down.

Jackson then let go of Mark's collar.

"Fine! Explain" Jackson spat.

"I like her" Mark barely let out a whisper.

"You like the girl?" JB asked, couldn't believe his ears.

"SO YOU CHOSE THAT GIRL OVER US NOW?" Bambam shouted at Mark.

"YA'LL APPROVE OF JEONGYEON AND NAYEON'S RELATIONSHIP. SO WHY CAN'T I LIKE HER?" Mark fired back.

Jackson landed a punch on Mark's face. He fell down. Then Jackson picked him up again to punch him, but Jeongyeon, JB, and Yugyeom quickly pulled Jackson to their side, while Jinyoung, Bambam, and Youngjae pulled Mark to their side.

"Fighting won't solve a problem, Jackson-ah" JB said while holding Jackson down.

"And you, Mark, you can't compare Nayeon and that girl. Nayeon's on our side. That girl isn't." JB reasoned.

"Since you've made that move, though. Why don't you make that girl fall in love with you and then take advantage of her. That'll be funny!" JB proposed that idea.

"Good idea, hyung!" Dahyun shouted.

Everyone glanced at Dahyun and Tzuyu.

"What's your brother and his friend doing here, Yugyeom?" Jinyoung asked.

Yugyeom then dragged Dahyun away, Tzuyu just followed them.

Mark got away from Jinyoung's grip and grabbed JB's collar.

"I'll never hurt her." Mark growled.

"We'll see about that" JB challenged, pushed Mark then left the room to go to the court.











 

"Ouch, ouch, hyung! Let go of me!" Dahyun hissed in pain, because his hyung pinched his ears.

"What do you think you're doing, Dahyun?" Yugyeom asked in his dangerous, low voice.

"Aren't I part of your group now?" Dahyun asked.

"Just practice basketball hard, so that they'll include you. Don't embarrass me anymore!" Yugyeom instructed.

"Okay" Dahyun bowed his head.

Then, Yugyeom left. Tzuyu just looked at the two in disgust.

"Why is Dahyun so obedient towards his awful brother?" Tzuyu thought.