Ch-4 "Regrets"

Devil Within /Vkook-Vmin

 

**Four Years Back**

"Forgive me, or hate me" Taehyung plopped beside his shaking boyfriend. "I am not sorry for giving up, I am sorry for hurting you." He said hugging his back.

"I...Iam not hurt I promise... Please..dont give up." Jimin pleads.

"Hey, don't cry baby.... I am sorry I don't feel the same anymore." His eyes moist, he is sorry one last time for hurting his boyfriend. He just wants him to be happy, not argue everyday.... not end up hating him. They said they will be forever, but yet...

"I still love you baby."

I am over you...

That night Taehyung wrote his feelings down on his diary, crying and convincing himself that it was one last time.

I don't know what to do with you anymore.... Love you? Hate you? Forget you? Ignore you? - He wrote.

I don't have a choice.... Stay where you are if you want to, like my best friend. But I have to move on.- He kept on scribbling.

Why did I love you so much? Either I can keep you as a friend always in pain or end this forever. What can I do. I can't bring myself to hate you. - He closed his diary, sobbing one last time.

**Present**

I love you Jimin.... "Hope you understand.." 

This is what Taehyung said whenever he kissed Jimin, after breakup. It was new, but actually seemed like he regretted every moment he had with Jimin.

Not that Jimin felt unimportant, but rather hurt.

'It's alright' he said to himself. But was it actually??

"Jungkook "Jimin whispered to himself, a of cigarette getting crushed between his fingers, "Jungkook hope you understand.... you know.." He gritted his teeth, the burning ashes falling on his knuckles. He hissed.

"You can never be able to keep Taehyung happy.... infact you are out of his league eh?. A cute innocent kid can't reach standards of him, ....this..won't last long.... I promise." Jimin said to himself, and wondered what would happen if Jungkook replace him. Will Jimin be ever be able to recover himself.?

Closing his eyes in frustration he kicked the bottle glass from the railing, hearing it shatter on ground below. "!!"

He better gear up and make Taehyung stop focusing on new muse Jungkook, he will be back to Jimin... right? They broke up but still belong to eachother right?

"Or Get rid off me Taehyung "Sunbae"...... " He mimicked Jungkook's voice. And chuckled to himself, "Alright Jungkook".

I won't let this go again, Taehyung. I promise. Isn't this what you want. You want me to regret.

Regrets of losing you,

Regrets of Loving you.

Regrets for being incapable of keeping you.

I will.

Jimin was sitting on top of the building, on the edge of the terrace, drinking.... Taehyung wasn't there. It was his day, his ceremony. He won, he passed. He was selected, Hoseok recommended him in an entertainment company. He signed it. Everything was right today, except for Taehyung wasn't there. Where was he?

With that ? Huh? I thought they broke up already.

or... who? Jungkook?

His life changed overnight. He had fans cheering him, crying to touch his hands. Praising about his dance. Loving him for who he was, but this wasn't enough. He doesn't want to be loved by millions, just him. 

It hurts so much, I want to die.

Why am I thinking about you when you don't. Huh?

Jungkook... did already replaced me... nice. Good to know that.

How about we feel the same pain Jungkook? You and I. Let me tell you how that hurts.

 

There were voices, how many? Three. It was offering him help, Jimin went black. 

"Who are you?" He spoke in mindspace. 

"I am you, but better. I want to help you." A heavy voice echoed.

"How am I speaking to myself. Am I going crazy, or is it hangover." 

"Hahaaha. You are so naive Park. It is so easy to manipulate you." Voice was thick and aggressive.

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are talking to?."

("Let him help you son, he knows whats best for you. I know what's best for you.") A sweet voice resembling his mother's spoke.

"Mom is that you?" Jimin's eyes teared up. He knows it's not real. How it be his mom? It can't be. His mom is dead. She left him ruthlessly, without trying to fight back, or was she? Her will to live .... is it her will to live.

No. It was a persona, Jimin developed inside of him, caring for himself. His father didn't had much time for him, he always seemed he hated him. He always felt distant.

"No, our mom left us. It's a part of you, who cares for you. And I am a part of you. Who wants to help you. Let me help you." The voice was confident.

"How can you help me.?" 

"I can help you ease the pain, live happy. We don't have much time." 

"Can... I .. ever be happy?.... I don't think so."

"I will make you the happiest person ever Park."

"... Will I get my Taehyung back?" 

There was emptiness, no response... it was scary how a mind can be idle for so long. The other voice went numb. There were unrecognizable whispers from his mom like voice. He couldn't understand.

Jimin took the lift to go back down, and drink more at the party. 

"Everything is a lie. My brain is a lie." He spoke in mindspace.

"Park. You will not get Kim back. But I will make him turn back for you." Jimin froze on his way to the bar, a waitress accidentally pushing him to the side. He fell on the couch heavily, he felt dizzy and sick feeling bubbling up his chest. He wanted to sleep and never wake up again.

"Give yourself over to me, let me make you happy. Let me show you, there's always a way to be happy."

The voice made his head spin in pain, it must be the table on what he fell over, it hurts. He can't open his eyes, he kept pulling his hair, screaming and kicking. Everyone near him backed away in a circle, staring at the boy who was in pain. But no one tried to help.

"hurts. Ah..... what do you mean."

"Just let me help you before you die."

"Die???I... don't want help. .....h-help me it hurts"

He kept kicking and crying in pain, yelling No's. Yet no one came to help him.

"I will help you Park. Trust me.."

"I can stop this pain"

"You will smile again"

"Ahh....stop... ahh okay ...stop THIS.. Okay. OKAY...".