Operation: Spy on the Ostrich

Four Bros Chilling in an Apartment

Jeongyeon covered her face in embarrassment as the three girls looked at her, still in shock and yelling. Jeongyeon cleared , “Alright alright enough girls.”

 

The three of them shut their mouths. “But, but how?” Dahyun asked.

 

Jeongyeon groaned. “Bona was bugging me again and she was starting to be suspicious about me and Nayeon. Commenting that we don’t show enough affection for each other and other bull. But I couldn’t handle it anymore so I just blurted out that Nayeon and I have a date tomorrow to shut her up. Well it worked but man, now I have to actually go on that date.”

 

“Because you’re afraid that Bona will look for you and call out on your bull?” Tzuyu pointed out.

 

“No… well maybe but like… Nayeon agreed and she seemed pretty enthusiastic about it so I couldn’t take it back.” Jeongyeon laid back into her seat, arms crossed as she contemplated her life decision. “God, I haven’t been on a date for a while.”

 

“So what are you planning for your ‘date’?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

Jeongyeon shrugged, “So far I have in my mind is eating at the restaurant Jihyo works at. Other than that, nothing in my mind.”

 

The three girls facepalmed. “Dude, you’re such a useless lesbian.” Dahyun said.

 

“Yah! I told you that I haven’t been on a date for a while.” Jeongyeon pointed at Dahyun, “And you’re the last person to say that to mine. Miss ‘I-was-gonna-ask-this-girl-on-a-date-but-couldn’t-because-I-gay-panicked.’”

 

Dahyun blushed, “Hey! I was going to but you interrupted my groove dude.”

 

“Did you at least find out if Mina was gay?” Chaeyoung pointed out.

 

“Yah! When did this turn into an interrogation about me?”

/////////

 

Jeongyeon was waiting patiently outside the cafe. Her outfit for the ‘date’ (with the help of the younger girls) was a simple fit. She wore a black bomber jacket, white polo shirt, gray joggers and black boots. Jeongyeon sighed as she rubbed her temples. “It’s okay Jeongyeon. Just have this nice lunch date, take a picture on your social media because you know Bona is still stalking you, and just go home.”

 

“Jeongyeon!” She turned her head and her eyes widen as she saw Nayeon and her outfit. She wore a white ruffled blouse, black skirt and a sky blue ribbon tied up in her hair. Nayeon arrived at Jeongyeon’s side and smiled brightly at her, “Were you waiting long?”

 

Jeongyeon shook her head and cleared her mind. “N-No, I just got here myself.” She cleared , “You look pretty today, Nayeon.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Nayeon flipped her hair dramatically and giggled, “I’m always pretty every day.”

 

Jeongyeon mentally facepalmed as she stared at the girl in front of her. I tried to be nice but this girl is making it hard. She sighed. Remember, just do this so Bona stops annoying you… I hope. “Whatever. Let’s go inside and enjoy our ‘date.’” Jeongyeon opened the door and Nayeon happily walked inside, Jeongyeon following in.

 

Little did Jeongyeon know but two nosy girls were spying on her. Well, Chaeyoung wanted to be nosy and she dragged Tzuyu along with her (Chaeyoung tried to Dahyun but she had class and assignments to do). Both of them were hiding behind some bushes near the restaurant. “Tell me again why I am here.” Tzuyu glared at Chaeyoung.

 

“Because I want to see how bad Jeongyeon is gonna be on this date.” Chaeyoung smirked at Tzuyu, “Plus I don’t wanna be alone so here we are!”

 

“Why couldn’t you convince Dahyun unnie?”

 

“Because she has stuff to do.”

 

“Well, so do I! I could be doing better stuff than stalking Jeongyeon unnie. And you haven’t finished your damn report!”

 

Chaeyoung shushed “It’s not due until tomorrow so I’ll finished it when we’re done here. And besides, she’s older sooooooo here we are!” Tzuyu face palmed while Chaeyoung continued to spy with her binoculars. “Now be quiet and let’s enjoy the show.”

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon took up a spot near the window at the side of the restaurant. While they were waiting for their server, Nayeon spoke up, “Have you been here before?”

 

Jeongyeon looked at her and nodded, “Yeah, I have. Plenty of times. But it’s because my friend works here. She sometimes give me a discount or free food if it’s near closing.”

 

“Wow, who’s your friend?”

 

“Her name is-”

 

“Jeongyeon!” Jeongyeon looked forward and saw Jihyo walking toward her. She smiled, “Good to see you here. And I see you brought a girl on a-” Jihyo’s eyes went wide when she saw Jeongyeon's date. She quickly bowed to Nayeon, “Oh Miss Im! I didn’t know you were gonna be here. On a date with Jeongyeon, too.”

 

Nayeon laughed, “Nice to see you again, Jihyo. And remember no formality. Just call me unnie.” Nayeon flashed her gummy smile.

 

Jeongyeon looked at the two girls in confusion. “Uhhhhh, you two know each other?”

 

Jihyo nodded, “Nayeon unnie is the owner of the restaurant. She’s my boss.”

 

“Actually, my mom owns this restaurant. As well as many other restaurants around the area but she wanted me to manage this one. So I guess technically I am the boss.” Nayeon smiled confidently.

 

Jeongyeon gulped. Holy , Dahyun wasn’t kidding. She is rich! God, this is more troublesome than I thought. 

 

“And don’t worry. Food will be free so order what you want.”

 

Nayeon waved her hand. “No, no. Don’t do that. Especially Jeongyeon, who is gonna pay for my meal. Isn’t that right?” Nayeon turned her head to Jeongyeon and winked. 

 

Jeongyeon cleared , “Y-yeah I will pay for us.”

 

Jihyo smirked as she could tell Jeongyeon's face was turning red. “Okay~ I’ll at least give you the usual discount since you’re my friend.” Jeongyeon thanked her and Jihyo pulled out her notepad, “Okay, girls what will you be having?”

 

“I’ll have the cheese tteokbokki, please” Jeongyeon ordered.

 

“And I’ll order the soondubu jjigae.” Nayeon ordered.

 

Jihyo wrote in her notepad. “Okay, girls. I’ll be right back with your orders.” Jihyo smiled and left the two to be.

 

Meanwhile, Tzuyu looks through the binoculars. “Wow, Jihyo unnie is there as well. This could be interesting to see.” Suddenly she heard some crunching sounds next to her. Tzuyu looked to her side and saw Chaeyoung munching on some popcorn. “Dude, you even brought popcorn. What the hell.”

 

“I’m hungry dude. Spying takes a long time so I brought some popcorn from home.” Chaeyoung offered the bag to Tzuyu, “You want some bro?”

 

Tzuyu sighed and grabbed some from the bag and they continued spying on Jeongyeon and Nayeon.

 

The food finally arrived. Jeongyeon and Nayeon thanked Jihyo and she went her way. “Wow, I am starving. Let’s dig in!” As Jeongyeon was gonna dive into her food, Nayeon smacked her hand in which Jeongyeon glared at her. “Hey! What was that for?”

 

“We can’t start eating until I at least get some photos of our food.” Nayeon smiled as she took out her phone and took some pics. Jeongyeon just groaned as she waited patiently for Nayeon to be done.

 

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung laughed as they saw how Jeongyeon was getting grumpy from not being able to eat right away. “That’s too funny. Usually Jeongyeon inhales her food by now but Nayeon is just taking her sweet time.”

 

While the two girls were laughing, two other girls noticed them from afar. “Hey, Sana. Isn’t that Chaeyoung and Tzuyu over there?” Momo pointed

 

Sana whipped her head quickly at the mention of Tzuyu. She looked at Momo’s direction and she clapped happily. “But why are they hiding behind a bush?”

 

“I don’t know. Let’s check them out.” Momo and Sana started walking toward their direction.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were busy munching on their popcorn and watching attentively at Jeongyeon and Nayeon that they didn’t hear Momo and Sana walking up to them. That is, until Momo tapped on Chaeyoung’s shoulder which shook the girl and dropped her handful of popcorn. “Momo?! Sana?!”

 

“Hey what are you two do- GAH” Before Momo could finish, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu quickly pulled Momo and Sana to hide them from Jeongyeon.

 

“Huh that’s weird.” Jeongyeon looked at the window.

 

“Is something wrong, Jeongyeon?” Nayeon asked.

 

“I could’ve sworn that I saw two girls and suddenly they disappeared… like out of thin air.”

 

Nayeon shook her head, “I think you’re delusional from the hungry.” She giggled and put her phone away into her purse. “For being such a patient ‘girlfriend’, we can start eating our food.”

 

Jeongyeon sighed in relief, “Oh thank god!” They proceeded to dig into their food.

 

“Shushhhhh, you two almost gave away our position!” Currently, Chaeyoung has her hand covering Momo’s mouth while Tzuyu holds Sana close under her chest. 

 

Sana blushed as Tzuyu held her close. Wow! Wow! Am I dreaming? Did Tzuyu really pull me in close? Sana took in Tzuyu’s scent. Then a mischievous smile crept onto as an idea popped up. She leaned into closer and gave a small peck on her neck.

 

Tzuyu tensed up and yelled. “Sana! What the hell?!” 

 

Chaeyoung smacked Tzuyu’s shoulder. “Dude! Stop trying to get us found!”

 

Tzuyu glared, “It’s not my fault! Sana gave me a kiss on my neck.”

 

Sana smiled and giggled, “I couldn’t help myself.”

 

Suddenly, Chaeyoung yelped as she felt Momo her hand. She retracted her hand and glared at Momo, “What the hell was that for?!”

 

Momo stared at Chaeyoung. “I was trying to get your hand off of my mouth so I can breathe. So what other way than to just give a little . Plus I smelled popcorn and wanted a little taste.” Momo playfully stuck out her tongue.

 

Chaeyoung blushes. “W-Whatever! Now all you girls shut up and let’s continue spying.”

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon finished their food so they were peacefully sitting in the restaurant. They had some casual conversation from hobbies to favorite things in their life.

 

“You know, I am surprised that you’re managing this restaurant all by yourself but you’re still a full time student.” Jeongyeon said.

 

Nayeon smiled at her, “Well it isn’t easy I will say that. But I managed. My mom helps out once in a while but I try to tell her I have everything under control. Plus, managing this restaurant helped me learn a lot in terms of management and organization.”

 

“But I thought you’re going to school for law and politics. Why spend your time managing and still going to school for a field that is completely different?” Jeongyeon curiously asked

 

“Honestly,” Nayeon sighed, “Studying law and politics isn’t really my first choice. I really wanted to be a singer.”

 

Jeongyeon’s jaws dropped, “A-a singer?” Nayeon sheepishly nodded. “Wow. But what’s stopping you?”

 

Nayeon sighed again as she stared off the window. “My dad really wanted me to follow in his footsteps and take over his law firm when he retires. If not his path, then it would be taking over the businesses that my mom owns and managing them. But singing is my passion and I was hoping I could make a career out of it.” Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon, “But it’s okay. I can also sing as a way to relieve stress. But maybe someday… I can sing full time.”

 

Jeongyeon smiled at Nayeon, “I hope you do. And I hope you get to sing for me as your ‘girlfriend.’” She giggled as Nayeon playful smacked her.

 

“Maybe you will. But first you still owe me one of your home cooked meals. I still want to try your cooking.”

 

Jeongyeon giggled, “Alright alright, how about the next time I see you I’ll make you an extra portion of my lunch.” 

 

Nayeon clapped happily, “Yayyyy deal!”

 

Then, Jeongyeon realized something. “Can I have your Instagram? If we’re going to fake date each other, we should at least follow each other to avoid suspicion.” Nayeon nodded and they gave each other their handles. After that, Jeongyeon got close to Nayeon and took a picture together. She posted her story and tagged her. Take that Bona. That’ll keep you away. Jeongyeon finished and looked at Nayeon, “Let’s pay for our food and go.”

 

Nayeon smiled, “Okay!”

 

The girls went up to the counter and Jeongyeon paid for both their meals and they headed out. Jeongyeon stretched, “Ahhhh that meal was great. I always love coming here.” She turned to Nayeon, “You’re doing a good job managing this place.”

 

Nayeon blushed at the compliment. “T-Thanks. I really appreciate that.”

 

Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Momo and Sana were staring intently at the two. “Ooooooo someone’s blushing. Finally some action. They were just talking the whole time.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“Calm down Chaeyoung. They’re just talking.” Tzuyu said.

 

“Oh . Something is happening!” Chaeyoung quietly exclaimed as she saw Jeongyeon slowly walking toward Nayeon.

 

Nayeon blushed furiously as her face was very close to Jeongyeon’s face. There was a moment of silence between the two girls. “Jeongyeon…”

 

Then, Jeongyeon pushed a strand of Nayeon’s hair back and… did nothing else. She just smiled and stepped back a bit. “Sorry but that strand was driving my OCD crazy.” Nayeon's face turned a frown which Jeongyeon didn’t notice. 

 

“Damn it, Jeongyeon! You had one job and you blew it!” Chaeyoung said, frustrated

 

Momo patted the young cub’s back. “It’s fine, Chaeyoung. Besides, didn't you tell me that they were fake dating? Did you expect a kiss or something?”

 

“Maybe!”

 

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon put her hands behind her head. “Well, that was a good lunch but I think I should get going.” Jeongyeon smiled and put her hand back and started walking away. Suddenly she felt her hand being grabbed and looked back to see Nayeon holding her hand. Confused, Jeongyeon stopped and turned to the other girl. “Is there something wrong?”

 

Nayeon blushed and looked down at the ground. “Don’t leave me again.” She said very quietly but Jeongyeon couldn’t make out what she said.

 

Jeongyeon got closer to her. “I’m sorry but I couldn’t hear you. Did you say something?”

 

Nayeon looked up and let go of her hand. She cleared , “I-I mean… how about we go to the fair that’s happening today? We should post more about each other right? Since we’re just… fake dating.”

 

Jeongyeon's eyes widened. “That’s a great idea. I don’t think Bona will be convinced if I just posted one pic of you. Let’s go! I’ll drive us.” Jeongyeon took Nayeon’s hand and led her to her car. Unknown to Jeongyeon, Nayeon was smiling happily as they walked together. 

 

“Oh they’re on the move! Let’s go girls! They’re gonna do something else.” All the girls stood up from the bushes and Chaeyoung dragged them to the nearest available taxi. They got in and Chaeyoung asked the driver to follow Jeongyeon’s car.

 

After paying for the fare of the taxi, all four girls stood at the fair entrance. “Wow this place is so cool!” Momo exclaimed. Then she spotted a cart full of cotton candy. “Oh! I want some cotton candy. Let’s go get some!”

 

“Not now Momo. I just saw Jeongyeon and Nayeon up ahead. Let’s go!” Chaeyoung tried to take off but Momo grabbed her hand and stopped her. Chaeyoung turned her head and Momo was pouting. She gulped, “M-Momo?”

 

“I want cotton candy first.” Then she gave Chaeyoung her puppy eyes. “Please~?”

 

Chaeyoung blushed and sighed, “Fine.” Momo smiled happily and pulled Chaeyoung to the cart with Sana and Tzuyu following behind. All of them paid for their cotton candy and started walking around the fairgrounds trying to find Jeongyeon and Nayeon.

 

“Hold on. I have to use the restroom.” Tzuyu said.

 

“Oh! I’ll come with you.” Sana said as she happily grabbed her arm.

 

Tzuyu groaned and sighed, “Fine, but don’t do anything weird.” Sana giggled and they both went to the nearest restroom while Chaeyoung and Momo still walked away to find the two girls.

 

Tzuyu stopped by the restroom entrance and gave her cotton candy to Sana. “Hold this and wait outside. And don’t you dare eat my cotton candy.” Sana nodded while Tzuyu went inside. After using the toilet, Tzuyu went over to the sink and washed her hand. She looked into the mirror and realized there was a faint lipstick mark that Sana left when she kissed her cheek. Tzuyu groaned and washed the mark away. I swear that shiba is nothing but trouble.

 

As Tzuyu exited the restroom, she looked to her side and noticed that Sana was being cornered by two boys, and she was being uncomfortable by their approach. She shook her head and walked toward them.

 

“Come on baby girl. Come join me and my friend. Have a good time with us. Especially since you’re so exotic.” One of the guys leaned in closer to Sana but she just looked away.

 

“G-Go away! I’m not interested.” Sana said nervously.

 

The guy was about to reach toward Sana’s face but Tzuyu made it just in time and grabbed Sana. They both walked away but the guys didn’t stop . “Hey don’t go! We had a great time! Even with your hot friend.” Tzuyu stopped in her tracks and she just glared at them. If looks could kill, then Tzuyu would’ve happily murder those two boys. The boys gulped and walked away from Tzuyu’s deathly glare.

 

Tzuyu clicked her tongue. Stupid boys. Then she felt Sana hug her tightly around her body. Tzuyu could feel the shakiness from the shorter girl. She was reluctant but Tzuyu hugged her back. 

 

They stood there for a while until Sana stopped shaking. Tzuyu pulled away from the hug and looked at Sana. “Are you okay?”

 

Sana nodded. “Thank you for saving me.”

 

“It’s no problem.” Tzuyu let go of Sana and reached out her hand. “Give me your phone.” Sana was confused but she just gave her phone to Tzuyu. She punched in some stuff and handed it back to Sana. “I gave you my number. In case you get into trouble again. Call or text me if creeps start to hit on you again. I’ll be there to save you.”

 

Sana smiled and blushed. “…thank you.” She quietly said.

 

“It’s no problem.” Tzuyu’s phone rang and she pulled it out. Tzuyu sighed, “Chaeyoung texted me. She and Momo found Jeongyeon unnie and Nayeon. We should get going.” Tzuyu grabbed Sana’s hand (which caught Sana by surprise) and they both walked where they needed to meet up with the others. Sana couldn't help but smile as she held onto Tzuyu's soft hand. 

 

Oh Chewy… I think I’m starting to fall for you more and more…

 

Tzuyu and Sana arrived at the meeting spot but they saw no sign of Momo and Chaeyoung. That is until Tzuyu heard something. “Psst. Dude over here!” Tzuyu looked and saw Chaeyoung’s (worst) attempted of trying to hide and she and Momo hid behind a pole. 

 

“What the hell Chaeyoung? That’s not being secretive.” Tzuyu said.

 

“It doesn’t matter! Jeongyeon and Nayeon went inside the Tunnel of Love ride. We’re gonna wait for them and see what happens next!” Tzuyu just groaned as she pulled Sana and all four of them hid behind the pole.

 

As they finish, Jeongyeon and Nayeon exit the ride. Jeongyeon decided to take a pic of her and Nayeon so she could post her story again. “Nayeon come here and let’s take a pic.” Nayeon nodded happily and went to Jeongyeon's side, her hands on her waist. Jeongyeon was taken back by the action but she shrugged it off and took a selfie of them. 

 

Jeongyeon separated from Nayeon and examined the photo. It was a nice photo of them but something caught Jeongyeon’s eye. “What the?” She zoomed in and saw in the very background, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung along with two other girls she didn’t recognize. She looked at the place and there they were. Jeongyeon fumed and started walking toward them. “Hey! You two!”

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu frooze. “Oh ! We got caught.”

 

Tzuyu smacked Chaeyoung’s head. “I told you this was a bad idea.”

 

Jeongyeon kept her pace with Nayeon curiously following behind her. “What’s wrong Jeongyeon?”

 

“I spotted two es of my roommates.” Jeongyeon said. “You two! Come over here NOW!” But as Jeongyeon walked, she tripped over something.”

 

“Jeongyeon!” Nayeon tried to catch Jeongyeon but she wasn’t strong enough so she fell with her.

 

All of them (especially Tzuyu and Chaeyoung which made her whip out her phone and take a pic) gasped at the scene in front of them. Jeongyeon fell on her back and Nayeon fell on top of her… and their lips were connected.

 

“Oh. My. God! This is too good. And good blackmail material hehehehe.” Chaeyoung said as she kept taking pics.

 

Nayeon realized what happened as she opened her eyes and quickly got up. Jeongyeon groaned as she got up as well. They looked at each other and they both blushed, trying to process what happened. “N-Nayeon? Are you okay?”

 

Nayeon held her hand close to her cheeks as she tried to contain her gay panic. “That was… my first kiss.”

 

Jeongyeon heard this and blushed harder. Suddenly, Nayeon ran off and left Jeongyeon confused and somewhat sad. Jeongyeon whipped her head toward Tzuyu and Chaeyoung. Her eyes burned with anger. “You two! My car! We’re going home now!” Jeongyeon said as she walked toward the exit.

 

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung gulped as they feared the worst to happened when they got home. The two said their goodbyes and left Sana and Momo at the park.

 

Sana and Momo stood there confused. “Uhhhhh what just happened? You think they’ll make it out alive?” Momo asked as she turned her head toward Sana.

 

Sana shrugged. “I hope so.” She held up her phone. “I managed to get Tzuyu’s number.” She said as she giggled.

 

Momo laughed. “You’re so weird. Come on. Let’s go home. I had enough drama for today.” Sana nodded and the girls took a cab home.

——————————————————————————————————————————

 

ANOTHER CHAPTER IS DONE! I think this may be my last update until I go MIA since school is starting in a week. I may post one more but I can’t guarantee that but it was fun writing this again. Thank you all for your support and remember to stay hydrated lol. I love reading your comments so keep them coming too hehe