Chapter 9

Through Space and Time: Denouement
Please log in to read the full chapter

"ISN'T he tired?" I shrug nonchalantly at Taemin's question. I pull the blanket closer to my chest as Lucas rambles animatedly behind us.

"I know I am," a yawn escapes me, "I think I'm just gonna sleep for the rest of the flight."

Super M has officially started our overseas promotions, and honestly I'm happy that I got to see our fans again. I couldn't help but worry about Ri Na though, and while we kept in touch as much as we could, just the thought of being miles away from her made me anxious.

As soon as I get to South Korea, I'm heading right for her house. I think it's time that I stop labelling what I'm feeling as something else.

I've been rationalizing my feelings while I was away, and I held on closely to Ji Hyun's words. I fooled myself into believing that the Crown Prince's feelings were influencing my actions.

I told myself that nothing good would come out of falling so quickly for someone that I'm not familiar with. But that was a lie as well, after seeing her face so much in my dreams, there's no way that I wouldn't be comfortable around her.

I know for a fact that I'm beginning to like Yang Ri Na, and these feelings aren't influenced by the fact that we were together in our past lives. These are new, genuine feelings that have been slowly developing within me.

The moment I see Ri Na again, I'll...

...oh you have got to be kidding me! Why the hell am I even here again?

It seems as if this is a continuation of the last dream I had. The Crown Prince has finally reached his destination. 

A small detached house lies before me, two occupants sit on the table in the yard. Judging by the body language, I can easily tell that they're mother and son.

However, the Crown Prince is just standing by the gate, and I'm immediately hit with whatever it is that he's feeling. He's thinking about what life would've been if Yoon Ri Na had not passed away.

The things he wanted to teach his own child, and the many more children that he would have had with his wife. I've always felt the Crown Prince's pain, and I know how much he loves Yoon Ri Na, but I wish that he'd give himself the chance to heal.

"Who are you?" the woman's voice pulls the Crown Prince out of his thoughts. And if I wasn't stuck here in his subconscious, then I would've fainted at the sight of her.

The Crown Prince enters the yard without an invitation, the woman shifts her body to the right, taking a protective stance as she hides her son from the Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince looks down at them, the little boy peeks out from behind his mother curiously. "I have been searching for you."

The woman looks up at the Crown Prince with furrowed eyebrows then turns to her son. "Hwi, can you play with your friends for a while?"

The boy nods his head, shoots the Crown Prince yet another look, then runs out of the yard. The woman sighs deeply then glares at the Crown Prince, "whatever it is you are searching for, I cannot help you."

She gathers the paper that her son has been scribbling on then stands to her feet. "Please leave."

She turns away but the Crown Prince grabs her by the arm, "feel free to correct me. You were born in Yeonpyeongdo. You came here after the war. I know for sure that you do not possess a personal name seal."

She pulls away then flashes the Crown Prince a glare, I can sense how angry she is, and I instantly feel apologetic. "Why are you here?"

The Crown Prince sighs softly, "I hear you are very powerful, and so I need your help with finding my wife."

She turns around fully, her sharp eyes look directly into the Crown Prince's. "I do not meddle in the affairs of the dead."

Her statement shakes the Crown Prince, just by taking one look at the Prince, she knows exactly what it is that he needs help with. "My wife did not die."

She furrows her eyebrows at his statement, but says nothing as the Crown Prince continues. "Yes, she left this world, but her spirit is roaming around without an anchor. I need to find her."

She chuckles at that, "I also will not meddle in the affairs of the gods." She sighs deeply, "you speak of your dead wife as if she is a displaced soul. If that much is true, then this means your wife's time here has come to an end."

The Crown Prince clenches his fist, it's obvious that she is unwilling to help him. I wish I could shout out to him, so I can let him know that he will be reunited with Ri Na. 

But I can't do anything. I feel the Crown Prince's lips rise with a sinister smirk as the sound of the horsemen approaches. 

I catch a glimpse of what it is that he's thinking, and trust me, it's nothing good. I don't want to see this, I can't believe that the Crown Prince would do something like this.

Wake up Baek Hyun! 

But for some reason, I can't seem to escape his memories. 

"Take her." 

The Royal Guards waste no time, two of them grab hold of her, the Crown Prince turns away despite her screams. What the f**k is he even doing?

"Your Majesty," the Crown Prince's travelling companion bows before him.

"When we get to the Palace, you can verify if she's a member of your clan." The Crown Prince watches without remorse as they tie her hands together.

"Although, I don't think that would be necessary, since she seems to be quite informed." His companion nods his head, "don't resent me for doing this Bin-ssi."

Bin? He's Bin? 

"We've been travelling together for years, Your Majesty. If I had not met the Crown Princess, then I would not have been able to find my relatives."

The Crown Prince nods his head, but is unable to comment as an object hits him in the back of the head. 

"Let my mother go!" The Crown Prince turns around in an instant to see woman's son, his hands filled with small pebbles.

One of the guards acts quickly by unsheathing his sword and makes a fast approach toward the boy. "Halt!"

The Crown Prince doesn't take his eyes off the boy. Instead of being upset at him, the Crown Prince is marvelled by the child's bravery.

The guard's sword and battle stance doesn't intimidate the child at all. "Take him as well." 

Noona, I'm so sorry.

I don't know long the Crown Prince was riding for, it seems that he was in a rush to get back since he only stopped to rest once. But once he got the capital, his mood changed entirely.

As he rode through the streets, he didn't take his eyes off of the people who are dressed in their mourning garb. His anger grew tenfold at the sight, and so he continued riding until he got to the Palace gates.

But it's even worse inside the Palace, especially when everyone seems to be preparing themselves for King Un's funeral. One servant spots him, and as soon as he hits the floor in a reverent bow, the rest of the courtyard's occupants follow.

The Crown Prince didn't care about them at all, his meet moves slowly toward the well-decorated casket before him. He doesn't stop the tears from falling either, and he breaks down as soon as he rests his palms on top of the casket.

The King's banners flutter nosily in the wind, but the Crown Prince's cries is much louder. These aren't sobs, he's full-on screaming, and even my own heart breaks for him.

His feelings call out to me once again, the Crown Prince didn't think that he would have to witness his younger brother's funeral. Shockingly it didn't hurt this much when the Crown Prince's father died.

I remember being trapped in that memory as well, at the time Prince Un, the Queen and the Queen Dowager mourned the previous King's death. I thought it was weird that the Crown Prince didn't shed a tear.

But now, here he is, making a silent vow to kill the people who had a hand in his brother's death. The Crown Prince isn't even entertaining the thought of this being a natural death, he's convinced that his brother was murdered.

After growing weak from all that crying, the Crown Prince returned to his old chambers and just sat there for a while. A million thoughts are currently going through his mind at this point.

The mourning period for King Un will end once the sun sets, and that will be followed by his co

Please log in to read the full chapter