Chapter 7

Through Space and Time: Denouement
Please log in to read the full chapter

"CROWN Prince!"

I stir at the sound, pulling the blanket a bit higher as I refuse to open my eyes. The voice repeats my name, and so I sit up with a loud groan as I slowly open my eyes.

"Crown Prince!" Hye Min bows at me, and I sigh deeply. "sorry to wake you from your slumber."

I squint my eyes as I look around the room, the interior is familiar as it seems I fell asleep in the practice room. I look back at Hye Min as she remains on her knees, "seriously? You're hijacking my dreams now?"

She looks up at me with a faint smile, "this is it the only way I can contact you. However, I will keep our meeting short, as I fear this will be the last."

I furrow my eyebrows as I straighten my shoulders, "what do you mean? Are you going somewhere?"

She nods her head, "now that you have reunited with the Crown Princess, there is not much for me to do. You will protect her with all your might, and so will Chan Hee-ssi. I can finally cross over, so I will be able to begin my journey towards reincarnation. I have served the Crown Princess well, and so I will leave Her Highness in your care."

I kick the covers off as I reach over and pat her comfortingly on the shoulder, "I wish you a safe journey Hye Min. And thank you for your help."

She looks up at me with a soft, comforting smile, and as the dream fades away, Hye Min goes with it.

ONE, two, three, four, jump, then repeat. I refuse to take my eyes off my reflection as I flawlessly execute the dance moves.

Super M's debut is quickly approaching, and as much as I love what I do, I wish I was elsewhere right now. But it doesn't matter how hard I fight, or how big a superstar I become, I can never beat my company.

"Alright, you guys!" I take a deep breath as the song comes to an end. The others collapse on the floor, and I follow suit with sweat dripping down my chin.

Our trusted choreographer beams proudly at us as, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes at him. "That was good! I can see that you practiced hard, especially you Baek Hyun-ah."

Why is he singling me out?

I smile politely at him. Our newly assigned manager enters the room with a clipboard in hand. 

"So, I have your updated schedules, I'll email it to you guys by the end of today. But I just want to let you know that we'll start with photo shoots, and recording a performance video."

Lucas groans softly and I chuckle at him, our manager ignores us as he continues, "so, September will be busy for you. You need to get as much rest as possible, and please, stay out of trouble."

My body relaxes instantly as my back hits the sofa in my apartment two hours later, I can hear movement coming from the hallway, and so I'm sure that Chanyeol is around here somewhere. I close my eyes slowly as I try to lay my burdens down, and just, get some damn sleep.

"...are you serious?" I turn on my side as Chanyeol's voice booms over the apartment. Whatever it is that he's angry about, I really don't wanna hear it.

"Yah, have you thought about what would happen if you this was supposed to come out? Or did you forget what happened when that rumor came out years ago?"

I furrow my eyebrows as I hear the soft murmur of someone's voice. But Chanyeol on the other hand, he seems to be really upset.

"Do you hear yourself? Look what happened to Baek Hyun!" I open both my eyes at the sound of my name.

Curiosity gets the better of me and so I get off the couch and march towards Chanyeol's room. I don't even knock, as I quickly turn the knob and swing the door open.

The room's occupants look back at me with a startled expression on their faces, I raise one eyebrow as I take in the scene before me. Jongdae is sitting at the computer desk with lowered shoulders, while Chanyeol is on his feet with his hands at his sides.

"Baek Hyun-ah, when did you get here?" I ignore his question as I take in the look on Jongdae's face. 

"Hyung, you good?" He nods his head at me, and so I look back at Chanyeol, "whatever this is about, leave me out of it."

The taller member sighs as he looks at me, "Baek Hyun-ah..."

I take a deep breath, "seriously, is my life that pathetic that you guys continue to use me as an example of a f**k up?"

I shake my head at my own question then slam the door behind me as I take my leave. Some people say you learn from your mistakes, but there are times when it seems like I'm constantly being reminded of the so-called bad choices I made.

A honk catches me off guard, and so I almost spill my Americano. I furrow my eyebrows as a black sedan pulls up along the sidewalk. 

I sigh deeply, it seems my disguise didn't work as I expected it to, as the back window of the mysterious car rolls down. I swallow a groan as I spot the passenger, is she tailing me now?

"Get in," I stop in my tracks as I stare blankly at her, "you're needed at the house."

No words were said between us during the entire car drive, it's not like Chan Hee is much of a talker anyway. So it was futile for me to even ask why I need to be at the house anyway.

But of course, Chan Hee didn't hesitate to warn before entering the house. "I still don't trust you Mr. Byun, and if the outcome of this meeting is not what she expects, I'll come for you."

I try my best to put her warning in the back of my mind, but in all honesty, I'm scared of Chan Hee. And to make matters worse, I still have no idea why I was even summoned to the house.

Strangely enough, the front door's open, and Chan Hee didn't even follow me inside. So with a deep breath I close the door behind me and take a step further. 

It's dimly lit as usual, and of course, no sound can be heard from anywhere. You know, it's kinda like a haunted house now that I'm here again.

The first time I was able to handle the atmosphere simply because I was exited to see R

Please log in to read the full chapter