5. Voice as Soft as Cotton Candy

I Don’t Know how to Talk to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Momo, quick. Heal me while I charge in.’ Sana, not looking at Momo, instructed the peach as she concentrates on her laptop screen.

            ‘Alright, will do.’ Momo nodded, eyes locked on the computer screen. Even with Sana-Momo combo, they lose by a margin.

            ‘Stupid punk- soldier!’ Sana huffed a sigh blowing her fringe upward. Momo gulped down the Monster Energy, clearly annoyed by the loss in one of the intense Overwatch matches ever.

            ‘Wanna have another run?’ Sana asked Momo. Her eyes red due to the excessive screen-time. ‘Nah, I’m way too tired for another game. I’m calling it for the day.’ Momo shut down her laptop and rub her eyes. Sleep was catching up with her.

            ‘Weak peach’ Momo flipped the bird at the squirrel.

            Suddenly, Momo’s phone light up, catching the attention of the owner. She recognised the sender and quickly opened the message. It was from Mina.

Mina<3: Ur asleep yet?

            Momo smiled and quickly typed a reply.

m0m0: nope, was going to tho. whats up?

Mina<3: Ooo, am I disturbing?

m0m0: nononono ur not :) something wrong?

 Mina<3: nope, just want 2 tell u look like a racoon.

Mina<3 change your name to Moguri

Mina<3: Goodnight Moguri

            Momo grinned at her phone while humming a song her mom used to hum when she was accompanying Momo to sleep. Momo was high up in the sky imagining the perfect picture of Mina and her, by the beach laughing their heart out.

            ‘ing soldier!’ Sana’s sudden shriek pulled Momo out of her imagination into reality.

            ‘Calm down Squirrel!’ Momo, slightly annoyed at what just happened stood up and walked towards Sana. She hugged Sana and attacked her with tickles making the latter drop on the ground, laughing while fending off the hands that tickled her.

            ‘Momo … you’re making … me … lose.’ Sana laughed between her words at her best friend’s attack.          

            ‘I know.’ Momo grinned and resume attacking the squirrel.

            Meanwhile, Tzuyu who was brushing her teeth muttered, ‘What a bunch of kids.’

~

            Momo and Sana rode the elevator to go to the university’s convenience store when both of their phones light up at the same time. It was from their department chat group, noticing them about the upcoming sport competition between departments.

            ‘Momo, look! Frisbee and basketball were part of the competition. Let’s join them. You can join the basketball competition and I can join the frisbee team and we can become stars of the department!’

            ‘You should join Sana, I don’t feel like joining basketball competition anymore. It’s been ages since I last played.’ Momo said with a frown.

            ‘Aww don’t be like that. It’s not like the competition will be starting immediately. There will be training and selection before the real tournament.’ Sana patted her back to encourage her.

            ‘Well, I’ll think about it. I have started to miss basketball actually.’

            They arrived at the convenience store and walked towards the ramyeon section.

            ‘Hey there is a new type of ramyeon. Let’s try it.’ Sana beamed with excitement.

            ‘Let’s try it. I’m starving right now.’ Momo and Sana grabbed the Ramyeon and paid for it at the counter.

            ‘Oh Momo, I’ve inserted your name for the basketball team. They wanted you to come to practice today at 5 o’clock this evening. Good luck!’ Sana said nonchalantly.

            ‘Why you little !’ Momo’s eyes were wide. Deep down in her heart, she was glad Sana put her name because she’s sure to forget about it soon. ‘Welp, it won’t hurt to start balling again.’

-

            Momo texted Jihyo informing her absence for today, and luckily there’s a new part-timer who can covers Momo’s absence. Momo then put on her sport outfit that she could find in her wardrobe. After tying her hair into a ponytail, she looked underneath her bed and pulled out her luggage. She pulled the zipper, revealing a pair of blue and white Curry 6. She wiped the shoes clean of any dust and put it on. She was ready.

            Momo walked to the gymnasium where the training would be held. It was her first time so she had to looked at the campus map to find the location of the gym. After a bit of searching and walking, she finally found it. The sounds of basketball bouncing brought back memories in Japan and she can’t wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter