2. Overcoming a Struggle

I Don’t Know how to Talk to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo was sitting next to a large window in the library overlooking an infamous baseball stadium where countless concerts took placed. The evening sunlight shines upon Momo’s face as she read a chemistry journal to search for information on her recent general chemistry experiment. The sunlight was very warm and the whole setting felt like a movie. Momo heard cars honking from the road opposite the stadium and she saw high school students frolicking around in their school uniform as she carefully examined the journal.

            “Momo” She heard somebody whispered her name and just when she wanted to look at who called her, a scent of jasmine wafted through the air, into her nose. It’s Mina. Mina’s beautiful brown orbs was looking straight into Momo’s soul. They were so close making Momo shivered from the cold breathe of Mina. She was scared. Mina’s face was approaching and Momo’s heartbeat rattled in its cage when she suddenly opened her eyes and saw only the bottom of the top bed. She was dreaming.

            She dreamed about Mina again. And this was the 72nd time that she dreamed about the mysterious Mina.

            Momo looked around her room in confusion. The dream felt so real and she can even feel the warmth of the evening sun on her face. She sighed and searched for her phone before preparing herself for shower. Momo shivers again when her bare feet touched the cold floor of her toilet.

-

            It was the day after their first encounter when Momo had learned the beautiful girl’s name. Momo and Sana were attending their General Chemistry lecture when she saw the angel walked into class with a bunny looking girl besides her. Momo eyes followed the girl and she only blinked when Sana was nudging her asking to borrow a pen since she left her stationaries at the dormitory.

            Their professor entered the classroom and started to call out names to check for attendance. Momo positioned her face, looking at the girl, while her ear was pointed towards the professor. Sana noticed Momo’s action and giggled causing Momo to smack her knee lightly since it was disturbing her.

            “Mina” The professor called out and Momo saw the girl raised her hand and replied a very faint ‘yes’. Mina’s voice was very faint. One has to really focus on listening to catch even the slightest sound made by the girl named Mina.

            ‘Her name is Mina.’ Momo monologed inside her head as she raised her hand at the sound of her name being called. 

-

            Momo is was wearing her socks when she hears the loud banging on her door.

            ‘Hurry up Momo or we will be late for our organic chem quiz.’ Sana shouted while banging Momo’s door.

            “Hold up Sana. And stop it or you are going to break my door!” Momo shouted back as she grabbed her bag from her chair.

             It was their organic chemistry quiz. Their professor was kind enough to announce that he will conduct a quiz and advised for the students to study hard since this quiz will be accumulated in their overall marks. Momo and Sana had been studying really hard and they hoped that it was enough.

            As usual, they scanned their student card and walked inside the classroom.  They thought that they were the early birds but they were wrong when they saw that almost all of their classmates have taken their respective seats until they aren’t much seats left. There was one seat available in the front and another in the far back of the classroom. Momo, who does not fancy sitting at the back of the class decides that she will sit in the front and Sana sat in the back.

            After making herself comfortable, Momo pulled out her notes from her bag for a quick review before the quiz starts. She had jotted down all the important details from the class and had merged it together with some unmentioned information that she found in the text book. She goes through the neat writings and diagrams that she handwrote herself and cannot help but feel a sense of proud in her notes.

            She finished her review and scanned the class to search for Sana’s eyes but unfortunately, it wasn’t Sana’s eyes that she found, but it was Mina’s eyes. Mina was looking straight at her for a good few second and Momo can’t help but to muster her courage and looked straight back into the girl’s brown eyes. The eye contact felt like eternity and Momo brain stopped working as she was petrified by the girl’s beauty. Neither wanted to break the contact but Momo, can’t take it anymore. suddenly stands up and clears .

            Momo quickly ran to the bathroom in an attempt to regain her composure. She couldn’t believe that when she suddenly stood up, from the corner of her eye, she saw Mina jolts into reality and a tint of red coloured her cheeks. Maybe she was seeing things. She took a really deep breathe to calm herself and quickly returns to the classroom where she saw other students had their head bowed down writ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter