Two

Rewrite the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a blink of an eye, two years pass. Yoona and Sooyoung have moved on from the village to work with Taeyeon in Seoul. Yoona working as the director of Neurosurgery while Sooyoung works as the Director of Cardiothoracic Surgery. With the three taking charge, Seoul National Hospital has gotten worldwide recognition. As for Tiffany, she still teaches at the university from time to time, but her father’s health declined, and so she took over the CFO position so that her brother and sister can take the roles of CEO and COO respectively. 

 

It would be a lie to say that Yoona was fine with what transpired between her and Jessica that night two years ago. The following day it surprised Sooyoung that the two called it quits, while Taeyeon had her suspicion confirmed, and Tiffany was just in shock that her ex, who she was still pinning for, was actually in a relationship with her best friend. But that was life. Yoona told them that Jessica had her reason and she respected her decision. It took Tiffany a month to finally contact Jessica and turn the tables on her. Jessica explained how it just happened one day and well everything that happened between them. She admitted to Tiffany the real reason why she left. Tiffany felt guilty, but Jessica assured her that if it was meant to be it would happen and that if her and Yoona decided to rekindle their relationship she would be happy for them.

 

So Tiffany tried to fix the relationship she had with Yoona. She so badly tried and wanted to pick-up where she and Yoona left off so many years ago. She told her family, she announced it to the world, but although Yoona was attentive and by her side, it was obvious the tiny spot Jessica had mentioned, was not so tiny after all. So, the two called it quits and decided that being friends is better than being strangers. They also decided to sell the apartment unit they own, it was the last thing from the past that Yoona and Tiffany held onto for the longest time. Selling it was bittersweet, but after it was done and over with, the two felt free. As if some weight was lifted from their backs.

 

“So you ready to get your girl?” Sooyoung asked, while on a flight to San Francisco, California. Yep, Yoona has waited long enough. She’s going to find her princess and keep her forever; if she’s willing…that’s the terrifying part.

 

The hour flight from Seoul was long; thankfully everyone was comfortable in first class.

 

“Fany she does know that Yoona’s coming right?” Taeyeon asked while they waited for Yoona with the rental car.

“Uhhh kinda.” Tiffany awkwardly chuckled.

“What do you mean by ‘kinda’?” Sooyoung interrogated while munching on her pretzel.

 

“Okay, you see… I told Jessi that I was planning on coming for a trip. She told me to send the details when I confirmed it and I did…I just forgot to mention that Yoona was coming.” Tiffany softly said.

 

“WHAT?! WHY?!” Sooyoung and Taeyeon yelled, gaining the attention of the other passengers.

 

“Keep it down jeez we’re in public. Alright so I told Jessi that I was coming and that you two were coming too, she then asked about Yoona. So I asked her if she’s ready to see her or not, but she didn’t answer. So I just didn’t mention it.” Tiffany explained.

 

“Wait wait why wouldn’t Jessica be happy to see Yoong? I mean you did tell her that you guys aren’t you know.” Taeyeon whistled while forming a heart with her hands.

 

“I did, I told her everything, but I don’t know. Okay this is just between us three, but I think she’s seeing someone.” Tiffany whispered.

 

“WHAT!!!” Sooyoung and Taeyeon once again yelled out.

 

“SHHHHHHHHH, look she hasn’t fully said that she is, but when I face-timed her she had a different look. She looked happy, like truly happy. I don’t know…this is a mess and I feel partly responsible and I just want to fix this. Jessi said that she’s fine with whatever happens between me and Yoona but I knew that she was hurting. I just, ugh I felt like I was the cause of all this and now Yoona might…”

 

“I might not what”?” Yoona suddenly asked, popping out of nowhere.

 

“Might not buy Sooyoung her In N’ Out burger because you’re so excited to chase after Jessi right Soo.” Tiffany managed to salvage the situation.

 

“Oh well Soo if your hungry we can eat first, besides Jessica knows we’re here, right Fany?” Yoona beamed, excited to see the brunette once again.

 

“Yeah she sure does.” Tiffany chuckled, quickly grabbing her purse and heading inside the Mercedes they rented.

After eating and settling their things in the Hwang’s family mansion, Yoona was itching to get to Jessica, but both Sooyoung and Taeyeon convinced her that she shouldn’t just show up empty handed, so now they’re at Union Square; however, faith has a way of messing with people.

While leaving Cartier with gift in hand, Yoona spotted the girl that made her heart pound so hard against her chest she thought it was going to burst; however, she wasn’t alone.

She was with someone, hands intertwined. It looked innocent until the person she was with leaned in and kissed her forehead, and then wrapped her arm around her waist.

 

“Yoong why’d you sto…oh.” Sooyoung saw the scene, then Taeyeon, and finally Tiffany.

“.”

“Yoona I’m…”

“Forget it, let’s just go.” Yoona said, quickly running back, trying to runaway from what she just witnessed. To just run away from it all.

Sooyoung quickly chased after Yoona leaving Tiffany and Taeyeon behind.

 

“Fany go talk to Jessica, I’ll follow them and see if Soo and I con convince Yoona to talk to Jessica, this might just be a misunderstanding.” Taeyeon said, already heading towards the direction Yoona and Sooyoung ran.

 

As soon as Taeyeon was out of sight, Tiffany put on the best smile she could at the moment and approached her friend.

“Jessi!” She called out, and said girl turned around.

 

“Tiff?! What are you doing here?” Jessica asked, surprised to see her best friend here when she was suppose to get in later this evening.

 

“I was bored and decided to leave early, I forgot to text you sorry, but anyways who’s this?” Tiffany apologized and got straight to the chase.

 

“Ah where are my manners, Tiff this is Kwon Yuri, Yuri-ah this is Tiffany Hwang my best friend.” Jessica introduced the two, when Tiffany got a good look at Yuri she was surprised by the resemblance this girl had with a certain doe-eyed doctor. 

 

“Nice to meet you Yuri.” Tiffany smiled, extending her hand out for a handshake. 

 

“Nice to meet you too Tiffany, Sica here has told me so much about you.” Yuri smiled, shaking Tiffany’s outstretched hand.

 

“Really she has. I hope only good things Jessi.” Tiffany glanced at her friend with eyes that yelled “You owe me an explanation.”

 

“Of course only good things. Well, we were actually just about to grab a quick lunch did you want to come with?” Yuri politely asked.

 

“Actually, I just landed and I’m a little jet-lagged still. Maybe we can all grab dinner tonight? Jessi isn’t Krys here too? Text her to come.” Tiffany replied emphasizing the ‘all,’ and hoping 

that Jessica got what she meant.

 

“Soojung? Yeah she’s here, I’ll text her.” Jessica replied, totally missing Tiffany’s clue.

“Okay great, well I’ll see you guys tonight.” Tiffany smiled, pulling Jessica in for a hug, “Explain this to me before dinner, I’ll be at home.” Tiffany whispered in Jessica’s ear.

 

After she left the two, Tiffany called Taeyeon right away.

“Did you find them?” She asked as soon as the shorter girl answered, “yeah I caught up to Soo, but we lost Yoong and she isn’t answering her phone.How about you, did you find out who that person is?” Taeyeon replied, sounding breathless.

 

“Yeah her name is Kwon Yuri, but Jessi left out the part if she’s her girlfriend or not. I’m sure Jessi will come over soon, so it might be good that Yoona won’t be home, but keep looking. I’m worried Tae.” Tiffany sighed, praying that Yoona doesn’t do anything stupid.

 

“I know Fany-ah, we all are. Soo and I will keep checking, I think Yoona brought her iPad, see if you can track her iPhone using it and let me know.” Taeyeon calmly replied, “Okay, got it Tae. I’ll call after I talk to Jessi.” Tiffany said before ending the call.

 

Later that afternoon, Tiffany was at home waiting for Jessica. The latter had texted her and said that she was coming over. As for Yoona, she still hasn’t contacted any of them. They tried tracking her phone, but Yoona disabled her phone. 

 

Yoona where are you? Please be okay. Tiffany was lost in thought. Too much happened in too little time. 

 

“What do we do now.” Tiffany softly whispered, burying her head in her palms.

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica’s sudden reply, startled Tiffany, who shot her head up, “Jessi hey, when did you get in? I didn’t even hear you.” Tiffany forced a smile, blinking away her tears so Jessica won’t notice.

 

“I was calling out for you, but you were too lost in thought. You okay?” Jessica softly asked while taking a seat next to her friend.

 

“I’m fine, just thinking about things.”

 

“Things? Or someone?” Jessica teased to try and lift the solemn atmosphere surrounding her usually bubbly friend. 

 

“Jessi I’ve told you that Yoona and I are just friends. It didn’t work out and honestly, it’s better this way. We actually get along better as friends.” Tiffany honestly replied.

 

“Hmmm okay.” 

 

“Okay? That’s it? Aren’t you going to ask why?” Tiffany started to prod.

 

“I...I can’t.”

 

“Why not? Is it because of that woman you were with earlier?” Tiffany addressed the elephant in the room, “Because if it is then tell it to me straight, remember no secrets?”

 

“Yuri is a friend,” Jessica began, “but, she’s also the one that dad has arranged for me to marry..” She finished, there always seems to be a but.

 

“WHAT?! WHEN?! WHY?!” Tiffany yelled out in frustration. Oh uncle why’d you have to do that!! Tiffany inwardly groaned.

 

“A month after we arrived...he saw how close we are and talked to Yuri’s parents behind my back. I told him that I don’t want to marry Yuri and that we’re just friends, but he’s stubborn. So I made a deal. I told him that if Yuri can capture my heart within this year then I will marry her.” Jessica explained while Tiffany carefully watched her best friend reiterate how the two met.

 

“Your falling for her aren’t you.” Tiffany suddenly blurted out while Jessica was stunned silent. 

 

“What?”

 

“Oh c’mon Jessi you can’t fool me. I can tell and I have eyes you know. You look happy. Like really happy.” Tiffany smiled, gauging her friend’s response to this accusation.

 

“Tiff, you know about Princess Sooyeon and the scholar right? How the scholar left and the princess was married to someone else.”

 

“Of course, I do. You love that story too much.” Tiffany chuckled lightly.

 

“Well, a recent painting of the scholar by the princess herself was unearthed recently as well as a letter.The thing is, both seem to be dated 30 years after the two first met. In the letter, the princess, now Queen, confessed her love for the scholar and how she longs to see him again, even if it’s a glance. She wrote that her husband has passed and her son will soon take over the crown. And finally, she declared that in her next life she will do whatever it takes to be by the scholars side and she hopes wherever he is, the scholar is happy.” Jessica finished her story and a confused Tiffany looked on.

 

“So what are you trying to say here Jessi?” 

 

“What I’m saying is that like Princess Sooyeon and the scholar, maybe Yoona and I aren’t meant for each other in this lifetime.” Jessica admitted, wiping the stray tear.

 

“Jessi...I...I wish I could turn back time and fix all of this.” Tiffany cried, hugging her friend who couldn’t stop herself from sobbing.

 

“I’m sorry that I unknowingly got in between you and Yoona...but I wish that you would have waited for her a bit longer...You idiot...If only you knew that she came for you. You told her that you only had a tiny spot in her heart, but that was definitely not the case. Jessica Jung I wish you would know that Im Yoona is so in love with you. She came here to find you and tell you how she feels but now it seems like it’s all for nothing..” Tiffany bitterly smiled as she watched her friend sleep soundly after crying for so long.

 

Leaving the sleeping beauty alone, Tiffany called Taeyeon to see if they found the missing deer, “Hey Tae where are you guys? Have you found her yet? Not yet? That stupid idiot where could she have gone. Just look for a while longer, it’s getting late. I’m sure that giant with you is hungry for dinner.”

 

A few hours later, Jessica woke up and the two decided to meet Taeyeon and Sooyoung at a nearby restaurant. Sooyoung refused to give up, worried about Yoona. Taeyeon was able to convince her. When Sooyoung and Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter