Four

Rewrite the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was around midnight when Yoona finally stirred awake. 

 

“Hmmmmmmmm…”She tried to stretch, but a literal weight on her chest was stopping her. Peeking down, Yoona saw Jessica still deeply asleep. Smiling to herself, Yoona carefully moved Jessica over trying hard not to wake her. 

 

After she changed into her original clothes, Yoona headed out.

 

“Leaving already? She’ll be disappointed if she wakes up and you’re not there you know.” Krystal suddenly said.

 

“Jeez Krys, you gave me a fright.” Yoona clutched her chest. The girl just popped out of nowhere in the dark condo.

 

“Yoona unnie I didn’t know you can be a scaredy cat.” Krystal chuckled, turning the hallway light on, “Anyways, why don’t you just stay the night since you’ve spent the entire time here?” Krsytal tried to persuade Yoona to stay.

 

“You know I can’t stay, it wouldn’t look good.” Yoona replied.

 

“Wouldn’t look good? What the hell, you’re not some dude unnie. Plus we’re all friends here right? And friends have sleepovers.” Krystal argued.

 

“Yeah as kids.”

 

“Tell me, what’s the real reason why you're avoiding my unnie?” Krystal pushed. It’s obvious that Yoona has been avoiding Jessica. Jessica would invite her out to lunch, a movie, coffee, shopping, but Yoona would always have an excuse not to go. This is the first time that the two have spent any time together, even though they just napped. 

 

“I’m not avoiding her. I just happen to be busy when she asks me to hang out.” Yoona defended herself.

 

“Yeah okay, you keep thinking that. But I think there’s another reason, something you aren’t telling any of us.”

 

“This kid, stop over thinking this. I’m not avoiding your unnie. I can’t stay tonight because I promised a friend we’d go somewhere together this weekend.” Yoona playfully ruffled Krystal’s hair.

 

“Go where?” 

 

“To the village. Anyways, I have to go so I can get up and get ready tomorrow.” Yoona smiled at the younger Jung before heading out.

 

“I guess we’re all heading to the village this weekend.” Krystal smirked and texted Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Tiffany.

 

“Uh what’s going on?” Yoona was surprised to see the squad at her place as she was heading out to pick up her friend.

 

“I heard that you were going to visit the village this weekend and you didn’t even invite me.” Sooyoung pouted.

 

“Sorry, it was just a quick trip and some sightseeing along the way. Plus, I thought you were busy this weekend.” Yoona replied.

 

“Change of plans.” Sooyoung smiled, but before she can take a seat in the car Yoona held her collar, “Pause right there Soo. If all of you want to come we’ll need another car. I can only fit 5 in mine.”

 

“That’s why we had Taeng drive us here. Taeng, Fany, Krystal, and I will be in one car. You can take the rest.” Sooyoung said while motioning to Jessica and Yuri.

 

“Wait wait I wanna ride with my unnie and Yoona unnie.” Krystal whined, clutching onto Yoona’s arm.

 

“How about this Krys. You and Soo ride with me heading there and you can ride with your unnie heading back?” Yoona tried to bargain with the younger girl, but she stood firm. She wanted to ride with both Yoona and Jessica. 

 

“Okay Krys, uhm Yuri you don’t mind riding with us right?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Yeah that’s fine with me.” Yuri smiled. 

 

Once they finally settled on the seating arrangements the group was off.

 

Taeyeon followed Yoona’s car, because she still had to pick her friend up. 

 

“Rosie~” Yoona happily got off and helped the blonde with her things.

 

“I hope you don’t mind, the group decided they all wanted to come.” Yoona apologized, while pointing to the rest of the group in Taeng’s car, who were all mesmerized by the beautiful girl that Yoona is with. 

 

“Wow, is this what they mean when they say that birds of a feather flock together?” Sooyoung mumbled.

 

“It’s totally fine. I mean the more the merrier.” the new girl replied with her Australian accent.

 

“And she has an accent, totally my style.” Taeyeon whispered, while Tiffany just rolled her eyes at the two dorks with her, and got off the car to introduce herself. Of course the two dorks were also getting down to see the new girl and Yuri too.

 

“Sorry about them, I’m Tiffany Hwang, nice to meet you..?” Tiffany introduced herself first, “Oh where are my manners, guys this is my friend Park Chaeyoung, Roseanne, Rosé, or Rosie, she has no preference. Rosie these are my friends Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung, the sisters Krystal and Jessica Jung, and Kwon Yuri, Jessica’s girlfriend.” Yoona introduced the group to her friends.

 

“It’s nice to meet you guys.” Rosé smiled.

 

“Okay well since we’re all here let's go.” Yoona smiled.

“Yeah lets, oh before that did you guys have brekky yet? There’s a Maccas up the road or I think a Starbucks if you want coffee Yoon.” Rosé asked.

 

“Hmm but you don’t eat fast food Rosie.” Yoona replied.

 

“It’s fine, plus it’s the quickest we can get.” Rosé explained

 

“Wait wait, what’s a brekky?”

 

“And what’s a Maccas?”

 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung asked with a confused look causing a slight chuckle from Yoona.

 

“Brekky is Australian slang for breakfast and Maccas is Mcdonald’s. Rosie is still adjusting to life in Seoul, she can understand Korean and speak pretty well.” Yoona explained, receiving a collective Oh from the group.

 

“I think Maccas is a great word, I’m going to start using that now. Let’s all have some Maccas for brekky.” Sooyoung said in her best Australian accent, causing laughter from the group.

 

After grabbing some food, the group was finally off. Jessica was sitting in the front with Yoona, but with Rosé coming she sat in the back with Krystal instead. 

What’s up with you? You were so excited to come when I told you this morning. Krystal texted her sister, not paying attention to the conversation that the two were having up front. 

 

Nothing. was the fast reply she got from Jessica.

 

You know that it’s obvious you're annoyed about something right? Just tell me, what’s wrong. 

 

I’m just tired. 

 

Yeah okay unnie, sure. 

 

I can sense your sarcasm Soojung.

 

Good.

 

Krystal turned to her sister and stuck her tongue out at the older Jung who rolled her eyes at her childish little sister. The sight caught Yoona’s eye as she was glancing at the rearview mirror, and it made her smile.

 

“Oh Yoon, you have sauce on your lip, right here.” Rosé chuckled, reaching over and wiping the sauce from the side of Yoona’s lips with her thumb.

 

“Thank you.” Yoona smiled at the girl, unaware of the brewing storm in the backseat of her car.

Rosé 1, Jessica 0 Krystal texted her sister, trying to push her buttons.

 

Stop it now Jung Soojung

 

I will if you admit that your jealous of her being close to Yoona unnie. You were so excited to go to the village this morning with us, but now you’re like a sulking child.

 

I’m not jealous, and I am not sulking. I’m very excited to go see the elders in the village it’s been a while.

 

Yeah sure, keep telling yourself that unnie. 

 

“This idiot.” Krystal voiced out her frustrations just as Yoona parked her car in front of the rest house she had rented in the village, earning looks from Yoona, Rosé, and her sister.

 

“What Krys?” Yoona asked, chuckling at the frustrated looking girl.

 

“Sorry unnie, it’s just my friend is such an idiot when it comes to what she feels. Ah how annoying.” Krystal huffed.

 

“Hmm, well maybe she’s just scared.” Rosé spoke up.

 

“Who gets scared of their own emotions?” Krystal asked

 

“A lot of people are. Don’t you remember when you first fell in love? Like really fell in love. The fear of falling for someone, afraid that they won’t be there to catch you. The fear of losing that person. Think back, don’t you remember feeling scared?” Rosé asked them all, while giving Yoona a meaningful look. What Rosé really struck a chord with Jessica. She looked at Yoona, and smiled bitterly. Yes, Jessica Jung remembers the one and only time she truly fell in love. It was scary, but there was also the feeling of happiness, comfort, and most importantly, love. Unfortunately, it led to heartbreak.

 

“YAH! Get down let’s go!” Sooyoung banged on Yoona’s window before anyone can respond to the insight given by Rosé.

 

“Yeah let’s go down.” Jessica quickly got out of the car, and returned to Yuri’s side.

 

“Hey there.” Yuri smiled at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter