Eight

Rewrite the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks passed and nothing has changed. Jessica is still acting like she’s in love with Yuri, Yoona is trying to keep her distance (but failing miserably), Sootaeny are worried over their friends.

 

“So why haven’t you broken up with Yuri yet?”

 

“Tiff!” Jessica hissed at her best friend who was so nonchalant. The two, mainly Tiffany dragging Jessica out, were at brunch. Tiffany was tired of just waiting for her best friend to come to her senses, so she thought why not push her in the right direction.

 

“What? We all know you don’t love her.”

 

“How do you know that?” Jessica challenged, even though she herself knows that she’s pretty ing obvious.

 

“Really Jessi..you're really going to make me say it out loud?” Tiffany called her bluff. Jessica folded her arms, challenging the eye-smiling girl.

 

“Okay fine,” Tiffany, took a sip of her iced coffee before continuing, “Jessi, you thought you were falling in love with Yuri, not because it’s her but because she resembles Yoona. I mean the girl can practically be her twin, plus the similar mannerisms. But Jessi she’s not Yoona and you can’t turn her into Yoona. There’s only one Im Yoona in this world. So tell me, if given the chance would you choose Yoona again?” Tiffany laid it all out there and she was not wrong. Kwon Yuri resembled Im Yoona so much that oftentimes Jessica would think that she was with Yoona, but then at the end of the day when Jessica returns home she realizes again and again that Yoona was not by her side. So, she just sat there, speechless, because of course Tiffany would nail it right on the head.

 

With a deep sigh Jessica finally admitted it, “I love her Tiff. I love that stupid ex of yours so much that it kills me everyday when she’s not with me.” Jessica chuckled. At the end of the day Jessica Jung is irrevocably in love with Im Yoona.

 

“We been knew...So now, I suggest that you end things, so that the three of you can finally stop hurting yourselves.” Tiffany replied, glad that she was able to accomplish what she wanted this morning.

 

“I know.”

~

 

That afternoon, Jessica decided it was time. Tiffany was right, she has to end things so that everyone can be happy, like truly happy. So she asked Yuri to dinner.

 

Hey..can we have dinner tonight? I need to tell you something. -Sica

 

Of course. -Yul

 

The reply was quick and Jessica knew there was no backing out now. Usually the work day drags on and feels as if it will never end, but for Jessica it’s like she blinked and the day was over. Checking the time on her watch, she knew it was time.

 

Jessica arrived at the restaurant 10 minutes earlier than what they agreed on, but not even a minute later she showed up.

 

“Hey babe, you're early.” Yuri smiled, giving Jessica a quick kiss on the cheek before taking the seat in front of her.

 

“Yeah..I didn’t want to be late.” Jessica smiled.

 

“You know that I wouldn’t have minded waiting.”

 

“I know. Uhm Yu..”

 

“Can we talk after we eat?” Yuri interrupted, she already knew what was going to happen. She can sense it, plus the last few weeks...have been different. Yuri understood that it was useless to hold on to something that wasn’t meant to be her’s in the first place.

 

“Sure, yeah.” Jessica smiled.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was about to leave the hospital; she's been working nonstop for almost 72 hours now. She was exhausted and ready for a break. But right when she was about to get on the elevator Dr. Yoo came running towards her giving her puppy eyes, “Dr. Im~~~ can you do me the biggest favor ever?”

 

Yoona chuckled at the older doctor, she had an inkling of what Dr. Yoo was going to ask but still decided to feign innocence.

 

“Hmm it depends...what do I get out of it?”

 

“I will take your night shift for a week.”

 

“Tempting….okay what is it?” Yoona decided not to tease the girl anymore because she looked like she was literally going to combust if Yoona said no.

 

“Okay well I have a thing tonight, but I’m supposed to work in the ED until 2300….so can you cover for me? Please please.” Dr. Yoon begged and Yoona chuckled, nodding. She checked her watch. It was already 1900.

 

‘What’s four more hours?’ Yoona thought before agreeing to Dr. Yoon’s request.

 

“Yes! You're the best Dr. Im~” Dr. Yoon smiled, giving her two thumbs up, before running off.

 

“Have fun on your date with Dr. Kang!” Yoona decided to yell out, to tease the girl who almost tripped at her words.

When Yoona got to the ED it was busy, but not too bad. She told the charge nurse that she was in charge of the ED tonight and checked on all the patient’s that were there.

 

“Dr. Im, maybe you should get some rest, we know you’ve been here for almost 72 hours now. We’ll wake you if there’s an emergency.” The head nurse tried to convince Yoona, but the doe-ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter