Five

Rewrite the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Yoona and Rosé had the least to drink the previous night, they were the first to wake up. As a rule, the group decided that the first two up would be in charge of making breakfast. It didn’t take long for breakfast to be made, since the two knew their way around the kitchen. 

 

Rosé set the table, while Yoona woke everyone up. It was a little challenging, but eventually everyone, including Jessica, got up.

 

“Wahhh~” Sooyoung’s eyes were shining when she saw the spread on the table, “I love you two!” Sooyoung hugged Yoona and Rosé causing the others to laugh.

 

As the group was eating a knock on the door interrupted their conversation, “I’ll get it.” Rosé volunteered. When she opened the door she was surprised to see who was standing there in front of her right now, “Jennie?!”

 

“Good morning Rosie!” Jennis smiled, hugging the girl. “Yeah, good morning. What are you doing here?” Rosé asked, thoroughly confused, “To see you silly. It smells like breakfast is served, can I join?” Jennie asked, already letting herself in, “Yeah sure, but how’d you know I was here?” Rosé asked, following the girl inside. “Oh your mum told me.” Was Jennie’s quick response.

 

“Hello everyone.” She greeted the group who just stared at the newcomer.

 

“Guys, this is my best friend Jennie Kim, Jen this is Sooyoung, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Krystal, Jessica, Yuri, and last but not least Yoona.” 

 

“It’s nice to meet you all, especially the infamous Yoona or should I say Yoon?” Jennie chuckled.

“It’s nice to meet you too Jennie, if you’d like to join us for breakfast you’re more than welcome.” Yoona smiled, getting up to grab another plate for the girl.

 

“I’d love to.” 

 

Breakfast resumed, with no awkwardness thanks in part to Jennie’s social nature. 

 

“You guys go get ready, Rosie and I can clean this up.” Yoona encouraged the girls, who readily agreed to get out of cleaning duty.

 

“Jen, my room is down the hall if you want to take a nap.” Rosé offered, but the other girl refused, “I think I’ll just stay here and help you two.” She smiled, grabbing the dirty plates.

 

Meanwhile, the other girls sans Yuri and Jessica, all convened in Krystal’s room.

 

“Another attractive female enters the mix. She also has an accent.” Taeyeon giddily said. 

 

“I know right?! This is crazy! But I think it’s a good thing.” Krystal had a mischievous smile.

 

“What do you mean Krys?” Tiffany looked at the younger Jung.

 

“Let’s just let this play out. Trust me.” Krystal smiled and everyone dispersed, “She’s up to something isn’t she?” Sooyoung asked as her, Tiffany, and Taeyeon were leaving. 

“Oh yeah she is, but what.” Tiffany replied.

 

The group decided to head to the beach and spend the day there before heading back to the city. Everyone was having a good time playing and laughing, but watching Rosé and Yoona interact didn’t really sit well with Jennie and Jessica.

 

“Stay there Yoon, I’m warning you. No no nooooooooooooo.” Rosé yelled as Yoona picked her up and carried her towards the water. “Don’t put me down.” The girl was clutching onto Yoona for dear life. “Aww but my arms are tired Rosie. I don’t think I can hold on.” Yoona teased. “Im Yoona I swear if you drop me I’ll..waaaaa.” Rosé and Yoona both fell after a mischievous little Jung accidentally ran into Yoona.

 

“Look now I’m all wet.” Rosé whined, laying ontop of Yoona.

 

“Well if it’s any consolation I am too.” Yoona chuckled.

 

“Okay that’s enough, c’mon Rosie I’ve got some spare clothes.” Jennie, pulled Rosé off of Yoona.

 

“C’mon, Yoong let’s dry you up.” Jessica was right beside her with a towel. The two J’s pulled the girls on opposite sides, as if they had a silent understanding. 

 

“Are you ever going to tell me what last night was about?” Yoona asked, while Jessica dried her hair with a towel. Yoona’s been trying to find a way to talk to Jessica, but it was clear that the girl was avoiding her. So now that they’re alone, Yoona took the chance to finally talk to her..

 

“Look Yoong, I meant what I said last night, but I also know where I need to stand.” 

 

“That doesn’t make any sense Jess and you know it. You can’t just tell me you love me and then run away without waiting for me to say something.” Yoona argued.

 

“Yoona can we not talk about this right now please.” Jessica begged.

 

“Fine.” Yoona stopped pushing the girl away from her.

 

Rosé saw it all, she can tell that something troubled her friend, “Rosie here are some clothes,” but Jennie’s words fell on deaf ears. Rosé was already heading towards Yoona.

 

“C’mon Yoon.” Rosé grabbed Yoona’s hand, giving Jessica a look before dragging the taller girl with her, while Jessica stood there stunned and Jennie looked on.

 

“Did something happen last night?” Rosé asked Yoona, after they walked away from the group.

 

“She told me she loves me and then ran away before I could say something. She’s been avoiding me because of it, and now that I asked she tells me that she means it but she can’t do anything about it? What kind of bull is that?” Yoona fumed, while Rosé just listened. She knows that if she tries to reason with Yoona while she’s annoyed like this they’ll just keep going around in circles.

 

After a few more minutes ranting, Yoona finally stopped. “Feel better?” Rosé asked, with a small smile earning a chuckle from the older girl, “ You always know just what I need don’t you Rosie.” Yoona softly said, resting her head on the girl’s shoulder, letting a few tears fall.

 

“Of course I do silly, we’ve gone through so much together. I know you like the back of my hand Yoon. So just let it all out.” Rosé softly whispered, comforting her friend. 

 

Back with the rest of the group, the two J’s were both obviously in a bad mood.

 

“That stupid girl, why’d she ran off without even changing. What if she catches a cold? Ugh.” Jennie rolled her eyes, before grabbing a dry towel to follow after Yoona and Rosé.

 

“What’s up with her?” Krystal decided to take a break and join her sister under the shade.

 

“Unnie? Hello?” Krystal tried to get Jessica’s attention, but the girl was lost in her own thoughts, “Unnie!” Krystal roughly pushed Jessica, “Yah! Jung Soojung.” Jessica huffed, wiping the sand from her pants.

 

“Sorry, but you were so lost in your own thoughts, it was the only way.” Krystal explained.

 

“Krys, just go back to the others, I want to be alone.” Jessica replied, not bothering with her sister’s explanation. 

 

“Nah-uh unnie, something’s up with you, now spill.” Krystal demanded, she saw the whole incident with Yoona, Rosé, and Jessica.

“Soojung-ah, I think I messed up. Like seriously messed up.” Jessica groaned, burying her head between her knees.

 

“Finally realizing it huh?” Krystal gave her sister a small smile.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Unnie what would you do if I told you that I love Yoona unnie? Like I really want her to be mine? Would you give me your blessing?” Krystal looked at her sister.

 

“What are you talking about Soojung, we all know you don’t like Yoong like that.” Jessica replied, eyebrows furrowed.

 

“I’m being completely serious.” Krystal’s eyes weren’t wavering, they were determined, not letting her older sister lose her gaze, “Well unnie? Would you? Would you be okay if she belongs to me?” 

 

Jessica was stunned, she couldn’t get her thoughts together. Would she be okay with it? Seeing Yoona being intimate with Krystal? Is it okay? 

 

“Soojung-ah, I have always tried to give you what you wanted...but when it comes to Yoona...I’m sorry but I can’t. Soojung it could be anyone in this world, but not Yoona...please.” Jessica matched her sister’s gaze with fierce determination.

 

“Unnie… I’m glad you said that. It means you finally let your heart win.” Krystal smiled, hugging her sister, “Don’t worry I’m not your rival.” 

“Yah you were messing with me? You! I thought you were serious.” Jessica whined.

 

Maybe I was just a little serious unnie...but I know that I’m just a neighbor. Krystal smiled, hoping that her sister and fix this mess before it’s too late.

 

“Well unnie, I’m not your rival...but you do have strong competition.” Krystal said while motioning to Yoona whose arm was being tightly held by Rosé.

 

“Yoong! Come help set the tent up! We decided to stay overnight.” Sooyoung called out to Yoona.

 

“Coming!” Yoona shouted, running ahead.

 

“I don’t like her around you Rosie.” Jennie popped up next to Rosé, claiming the spot where Yoona was just standing.

 

“Jen you don’t even know her that well. Yoon is nice and caring. She’s been with me for a very long time.” Rosé replied, before heading back to Yoona’s side.

 

“Rosie...I don’t like you being around her, because she’s taking you away from me…” Jennie sadly smiled, watching Yoona and Rosé happily build a tent together, “I haven’t seen you smile like that in a while.” She continued her thoughts.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter