One

Rewrite the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crown Princess Sooyeon was never fond of her life as “crown princess.” The weight that rested on her shoulder as the next Queen of the Jung Dynasty has always been too much for her, but she's endured it, because that's all she knows. Ever since she was a young child, all Sooyeon learned about was how to rule. Her parents, the King and Queen, rarely got to spend time with their child, so Sooyeon grew up only knowing those that taught her and those that had to care for her daily needs, like food and clothing. With that, Sooyeon grew to be a very reserved person. 

As an only child, Sooyeon did not get to enjoy her youth like other children. She had no friends, she was alone. Her facial expression was always stoic, but when the people saw her, they would always be in awe; for princess Sooyeon possessed a beauty that renders them speechless. Growing up alone and secluded in the palace, most of the time, the princess grew to be very curious. She would always ask her attendant, Jieun, to tell her stories of how it's like to be outside of the palace. It was on the night of her 18th birthday that princess Sooyeon decided to do something daring. She snuck out of the palace. 

“The air is different here.” Princess Sooyeon whispered to herself as she strolled through the streets. Everything the princess saw was so amazing to her, because it was the first time that she actually saw the street vendors, the kids, and her people without them lining up to let her pass. The princess was so lost in thought, she accidentally bumped into someone, causing them fall over.

“Uhm excuse me, but can you please get off me.” A deep voice called from under the princess. Opening her eyes, the princess was met with beautiful doe-eyes. 

“I am sorry. I was lost in thought.” The princess apologized as she gracefully got back on her feet. 

“That's alright, I wasn't paying much attention myself.” The young boy smiled. Sooyeon studied the boy. She noticed that the boy is dressed as a scholar. She tried to remember if she's seen this scholar before around the palace, but unfortunately her memory serves no help.

“Are you alright?” the boy ask, noticing that the lady in front of him has been lost in her thoughts for quite some time.

“Yes, I apologize I was lost in thought. Are you by chance a scholar?” The princess directly asked. 

“I was” the boy replied

“ Was?” the Princess' curiosity is getting the best of her. 

“Aren't you a curious one.” The boy chuckled, “I'm Yoon.” the boy introduced himself. 

“Oh where are my manners. My name is Sooy—Soojung.” Sooyeon  replied, almost revealing her identity. 

“Soojung, it's very nice to meet you.” Yoon smiled. Truthfully, he has found the girl very lovely. He saw her walking around from afar and he couldn't stop himself from watching her. 

“Likewise, so Yoon tell me why aren't you a scholar anymore?” She asked him.

“Ah..that..hmm I'll tell you if you have a meal with me.” He smiles, and Sooyeon being too curious for her own good, follows the boy.

Sooyeon learned that Yoon was a great scholar in the palace, but he would always sneak out which is why the palace released him from his duties. 

“I've always been curious about what's out there. Beyond our home, but as a scholar of the palace I've never gotten the chance to follow my curiosity. So, although I am sad that I can no longer serve the monarch, I am happy that now I finally get to see the world.” 

The pair talked for hours, wandering around the town, until they reached a hill located near the palace.

“It's almost sunset.” Yoon said, noticing the sun starting to set.

“I've never seen the sunset before.” Sooyeon confessed.

“What? Really?!” Yoon was shocked, how can no one not see a sunset before.

“As a kid, my parents liked to keep me within our home.” Sooyeon confessed.

“Then I'm glad I took you here.” Yoon smiled.

“The sunset was very beautiful wasn't it?” Sooyeon asked, her eyes glowing as she remembers how the sun gently disappeared from the sky. 

“Yes, but don't you think it's a little sad to know that another day of our life has just ended?” Yoon asked.

“I never thought of that, but yes that is kind of sad. If you think of it that way. But look.” Sooyeon pointed to the sky above, “the stars are now visible. During the day, the stars are always shining bright, but you cannot see them because of the sun. Everyone is always sad when the day ends, that they don't find the night sky as beautiful. Honestly, I think I know how it feels to be a star. As a kid I was very sheltered. I never got a chance to be like the children we saw playing in the market. I grew up alone. I only get to see the world when my parents allow me to, like how the stars are only visible at night.” Sooyeon confessed.

“I see, since it's dark let me take you home. It's not safe to be out here alone” Yoon replied, trying to change the mood. He did not want to pry more into Sooyeon's personal life, because he can tell that the topic saddens the girl.

“I will be fine on my own, thank you.” Sooyeon replied.

“Are you sure? I do not want to leave you here alone, what if something happened to you?” 

“I will be fine, now go on.”

“Alright, but can I at least see you again?” He ask.

“Of course.” Sooyeon replied, and the two parted ways.

 

Time went on since the two first met. They would always meet at the hill every day, right before sunset. The two got very close, until one day they realized that they had fallen in love with each other. 

“Soojung..I have something I wish to tell you.” Yoon said. Tonight Yoon promised himself that he would reveal his true feelings for the girl. 

“Yoon, I too have something I need to tell you.” Sooyeon replied. She herself knows that she is starting to love the man in front of her, but as the future queen, she knows that they can never be. 

“What is it?” Yoon asked, hoping that maybe the girl in front of him feels the same as he does.

“I...I..I've been keeping something from you. Something about myself.” Sooyeon began, while Yoon took Sooyeon's hand in his, gently squeezing it to assure her that he is listening, and that whatever she has to say won't change anything between them, so Sooyeon continued, “when we first met, I told you my name was Soojung...but that's not it, my name is actually Sooyeon, Jung Sooyeon.” Sooyeon confessed...slowly feeling Yoon's hand slip from hers..

“Jung Sooyeon...the royal princess Jung Sooyeon?!” Yoon asked, realizing that he has no chance to be the girl. They are from different social standings. The princess will never be with someone like him… a mere commoner.

“I am sorry that I hid this from you..but I just didn't want you to treat me differently because of who I am. Yoon...I....I really treasure you as a friend.” Sooyeon confessed, although in her heart she knows that what she feels for the man is something more.

“I see...being Soojung or Sooyeon...that doesn't matter to me. You are still you and I value our friendship as well.” Yoon forced a smile. 

“Now that's off our chest, what were you going to tell me?” The princess asked, feeling a heavy weight lifted off her shoulder. 

“Oh I....I wanted to tell you that I decided to see the world. Didn't I tell you before that I want to know what else is out there. I think that now is the time for me to do that.” Yoon bitterly confessed.

“Yoon...I know that this is your dream...but if I asked you to stay will you?” Sooyeon asked her heart clenching at the thought of not being able to secretly meet the man that is slowly stealing her heart.

“Why?” Yoon wanted to know why Sooyeon would want him to stay. 

“Because..I..I..” But Sooyeon couldn't reveal what she truly feels for him, because she too knows that they can never be. 

“Sooyeon..I know that you are at the age where the royal family will expect you to wed soon..in fact, I won't be surprised to know if they already have a suitable groom for you.” Yoon confessed. And he wasn't wrong. Earlier today, Sooyeon found out that she is to wed the son of the royal family's close friend, a prince from a neighboring kingdom. 

“Yoon I...”

“Goodbye Sooyeon”

“Maybe in another life, we can meet again and hopefully have a chance to be together.” Yoon bitterly thought to himself as he turned his back away from the girl that has somehow stolen his most valuable possession.

“Im Yoon...in another life...I wish I can hold on to you forever.” Sooyeon whispered towards the night sky. 

The End.

“Ehhhhh~” Collective groans where voiced out throughout the university classroom.

“Professor! Did that really happen?” One of the female students raised her hand.

“Yes it did...although the story has many different storylines. They all end with the scholar and the princess unable to be together.” The professor explained, while gazing out the classroom window.

“Professor, do you think that somewhere out there the scholar and the princess are living their other life? And if so, do you think they found each other?” another student ask.

“Hmm..I don't know...but I think that'll be interesting wouldn't it.” The professor beamed, and the clock on the wall struck 11am, signaling the end of the lecture. 

“Well our time seems to be up.. it was great to be able to lecture you guys on a bit of history in place of professor Hwang, I hope you all enjoyed the lecture.” The professor smiled.

“Awwwwww~~” The students once again groaned. The past few days, their usual professor was on leave due to a family emergency, so being Professor Tiffany Hwang's best friend, CEO of Blanc and Eclare, Jessica Jung took over, of course it helped that the CEO contributed to the university as an alumni. 

 

“Jessi~ how was class? Did you do alright?” Tiffany cheerfully called her best friend to check on how the latter was doing the past few days. 

“The class was great Tiff. I told them a bit of history today which has nothing to do with business management by the way.” Jessica chuckled, knowing that her friend is probably fuming in anger for not following the lesson plan and the lecture script that her friend kindly slaved over writing during the long flight to California.

“YAH! This girl, now my class is behind. You know how little time we have in this semester?! Aish, just wait until I get back. And why are you so obsessed with that story anyways?” Tiffany began to rant, while Jessica tried her best to suppress a chuckle. 

“I honestly don't know why...I just feel kind of connected to the story somehow. Maybe it's because I share the same name as the princess.” Jessica chuckled. Thinking about the time when she found out about this tale from her high school Korean history class. 

“Hmmm okay. Anyways, I heard from dad that you’re being forced to take a vacation. I told you that you work too hard. You need to have fun too Jessi, your 20s don't last forever you know. Plus, when was the last time you got laid?” Tiffany innocently asked, quickly making Jessica turn a deep shade of red.

“YAH! HWANG MIYOUNG YOU! Just wait till I see you again.” Jessica yelled over the phone before hanging up on her friend, who was dying of laughter on the other line. 

“Now then, time to start my vacation~ let's go to Yuchi-ri.” Jessica cheered herself on, while starting her Range Rover sport. As a the CEO of such a major corporation that's known globally, it's surprising that Jessica Jung would rather spend her vacation in Yuchi-ri rather than an exotic destination like Maldives, but that's because the 27 year old loves her country, so one of her goals is to visit every town, city, and village in South Korea. Jessica doesn't know why she feels such a deep connection to Korea, when she was actually born in San Francisco, but she's also the go-with-the-flow type of person so here she is starting her journey. 

 

The drive from Seoul to Yuchi-ri usually takes about an hour to an hour and half, but the weather turned bad, and now Jessica is driving in the middle of a thunderstorm.

“Damn, why did the weather turn bad all of a sudden I'm almost near the inn.” The girl complained to herself, but as she was making a sharp turn, she lost control of her vehicle. Jessica tried to regain control of the car, but the road conditions were too bad, in the end, she spun out of control, crashing her car against the metal guardrail. 

 

Hours passed, and not a single vehicle has passed by Jessica's accident. Her pulse is getting weaker and weaker. Jessica is close to death, but luckily for her a car finally comes and stops. 

“Miss! Miss!” The woman banged on the car window hoping to wake the girl inside, but no luck. The woman called 119 and an ambulance was quickly dispatched, however, the woman noticed that the gas line of the car was dripping.

“Aish, this can cause the car to explode.” the girl was getting frustrated because the woman in the car was still trapped inside, and it looks like the girl is severely injured. So the woman began to look for anything to break the car's back window, luckily there was a heavy stick nearby. The window of the car would not break easily, but after multiple attempts the window gave and the girl was able to unlock the driver's door. The girl acted quickly, and pulled Jessica out and away from the vehicle. As the stranger carried Jessica's unconscious body, the car quickly erupted in flames. 

“Pulse is too slow, patient looks critically injured, there's no choice I have to take her to the clinic. Waiting for the paramedics may cause her life.” The stranger was thinking her thoughts out loud, before placing the girl in her car, and driving off. Luckily, the village's small hospital was only a 10 minute drive from the accident. 

 

 

Days passed after the accident and Jessica is still unconscious. Thankfully her injuries were not as bad, but she did hit her head hard. The news outlets caught wiff of the accident and immediately thought that the heiress was not rescued and suffered the same fate as her vehicle, however she was rescued by a kind stranger who also happened to be the village's clinic doctor.

“Good morning Dr. Im” A nurse at Yuchiri General Hospital greeted the young doe-eyed doctor as she arrived at the nurse's station.

“How's my special patient?” The young doctor asked as she finished checking the last chart of the last patient she saw. 

“Her condition is now stable Yoong, she just has to wake up. Her head suffered major trauma that's why it's taking longer, you of all people should know that Dr. Im” Another young and beautiful doctor piped in, taking the chart from Dr. Im and checking it out herself.

“I know Dr. Choi Sooyoung.” Dr. Im teased back, with a slight pout causing the two nurses to chuckle at the doctors in front of them.

“Just checking Dr. Im Yoona.” Sooyoung chuckled, before walking off.

Im Yoona and Choi Sooyoung are world renown for being the youngest and brightest doctors the century has seen. The two often being labeled as Beauty and Brains. Both studied in the states, before coming back to their home country to practice, but most people expected the two to lead a hospital team in Seoul, so it shocked the medical world when the two announced that they were going to spend some time working at Yuchiri village. It's been 2 years since the two started and they have grown to love the village. Especially Yoona, the doe-eyed doctor that thought of practicing in a small village instead of Seoul National Hospital. 

“Ahh~ I'm hungry.” Yoona pouted as she entered her apartment, which is conveniently built across the street from the hospital. 

“Let's see I wonder if I have any....assa RAMEN~” The doctor happily cheered, and she quickly started to prepare her snack. Yes snack, Dr. Im Yoona and Dr. Choi Sooyoung are not only notorious for their beauty and brains, but also for their never-ending hunger. 

“Yoong! You need to come quickly.” Sooyoung suddenly barged into the girl's apartment while Yoona was in mid-chew. She was so shocked she still had noodles hanging from as Sooyoung dragged her across the street and into the hospital.

“She's awake?” Yoona asked, as the two were standing in front of the now conscious room of Jessica. 

“Yes.” Sooyoung responded

“Hmm, hows her condition?” Yoona her professional mode, asking Sooyoung for the girl's chart, which she happily handed to her friend. 

“Her vitals look good, but the CT scan and MRI of her head doesn't look too good. Are her cognitive and psychomotor abilities functional?” Yoona asked her friend, but instead of waiting for an answer the girl decided to just find out personally. 

“Hello.” Yoona slowly entered the room.

“Hello.” Jessica greeted back very politely. 

“My name is Dr. Im, but you can call me Yoona.” Yoona introduced herself to the girl she saved, while watching the girl's movement.

“It's a pleasure to meet you Yoona. Uhm, do you by chance know what my name is?” Jessica asked, and Yoona's suspicions were confirmed. She thought that the heavy trauma her head experienced would cause some damage to her memories, but she did not think it would cause this much. 

“I actually do not.” Yoona replied, seeing the sadness take over the hazel-colored eyes of the brunette. 

“How about my family? I do have a family correct? Also, why am I here?” The girl asked. 

“You are here because you got involved in an accident, you hit your head pretty hard which is why you probably lost your memories. As for your family...unfortunately the car you were in caught on fire, burning your personal items as well, so we are unable to contact them.” Yoona carefully explained, not wanting to put more stress on the girl who just woke up from nearly a 2 week long nap. 

“I.....” Jessica began but she did not continue her words. 

“It's okay don't push yourself. Why don't we start with what you can remember.” Yoona asked the girl.

“I'm sorry but nothing is coming to mind. But while I was asleep, people in my dream kept calling out to Sooyeon..maybe that it is my name.” Jessica lied. Yes, lied. The girl actually did not lose her memory at all. She's just pretending. Why? Well it's because Jessica decided that it would be better off if the people did not know her true identity. She wants to try being “normal.” 

“Sooyeon huh...okay then let's call you that. It may be your name.” Yoona smiled, causing a weird sensation in her patient’s stomach. Is this what people call “butterflies?” the young lady thought to herself, with a small smile. 

 

 

 

“Yoongie~ I brought lunch.” Jessica, using the name Sooyeon, happily brought a homemade lunch to the doe-eyed doctor's office. 

It's been three months since Jessica woke up and it's also been three months since the two began to get very close. People in the village suspect the two to be dating, but they haven't asked since they respected Yoona as well as Jessica too much. Since waking up, Jessica has literally taken every job she can do in the village. The elders love the young woman and her enthusiasm to learn. 

“Aish Sooyeon why do you only bring Yoong food, what about me.” Sooyoung whined after seeing the lunchbox in Jessica's hand. Sooyoung was discussing some patient results with Yoona when Jessica suddenly barged in. 

“Aigoo our giant baby is sulking Yoongie.” Jessica teased the girl.

“Tch, why don't you two get married already jeez.” Sooyoung playfully teased the two before leaving Yoona's office. 

“So...uhm what's for lunch today Sooyeon-ah?” Yoona asked, trying to alleviate the awkward silence that settled between them, but Jessica was still lost in her world. What Sooyoung said really hit her. 

“Are we too close? Should we get married? Wait wait what are you thinking to yourself Jessica Jung?! How can you two get married when you aren't even dating. Aish just because you love the...wait what Love? Is that what this feeling is called. I..love her? A woman.” Jessica rambled in her mind, but casting one look into Yoona’s eyes Jessica somehow knew the answer. “Yeah..I do..I love her.” Jessica suppressed her smile. You see, the idea of being in-love is very foreign to the CEO, because Jessica Jung has never fallen in love before. She's been on dates sure, but with men, not once with a woman. In fact, Jessica never even considered that she might swing the other way; however this heart fluttering, butterflies in her stomach, feeling of being the most precious thing that Yoona has ever seen is definitely something that makes Jessica feel loved, and she isn’t complaining, especially if it’s Im Yoona that’s causing this feeling.

“Uhm Sooyeon, hey Sooyeon are you okay? Are you starting to remember now?” Yoona worriedly asked the girl in front of her. Jessica refused Yoona's help of reporting her case to the police or hiring an investigator to find her family, because she wanted, in Jessica's own words, “remember herself slowly and to spend more time in the village.” 

“Huh? Oh I'm fine Yoongie just zoning out again.” the girl cutely chuckled, which Yoona found absolutely adorable. Actually scratch that, anything that Jessica does is adorable in Yoona's eyes. Why? Well it's because the doe-eyed doctor has fallen completely head over heels in love with the girl. Since the day Yoona saved Jessica's life, she's felt this weird sense of connection towards her. Yoona doesn't know why she felt this way towards a stranger who doesn't even know her own name, but to Yoona that doesn't matter. She just wants to protect the girl no matter what. 

“Okay, if you say so...oh I just thought of something. C'mon.” Yoona smiled, grabbing Jessica's hand and the lunchbox and bolted out the door. 

“Wow it's so beautiful up here.” Jessica beamed as she saw the wonderful view of the village from the top of a vantage point.

“I thought you might like it up here. Actually, I've been meaning to take you here, but the weather has been bad lately.” Yoona explained as she set finished the tuna sandwich Jessica prepared for her.

“Hmm I feel like there's something more to it.” Jessica gave Yoona a knowing look before finishing the last bite of her sandwich. 

“Okay okay, you got me. Actually this hill has a tale to it.” Yoona began.

“Hmm really. Do tell then Dr. Im.” Jessica requested, resting her head on Yoona's shoulder.

“It is said that long ago during the Jung Dynasty in Korea, the princess who also happened to be named Sooyeon, often snuck out to this hill every night to meet a scholar who she had grown very fond of. People of the village believe that if you take the person you love to this hill, the princess and the scholar will grant you two eternal happiness, because the two were unable to be happy together.” Yoona explained, and while she did that Jessica had a big smile on her face. The tale of the princess and the scholar is one she loves the most, and it made her happy to know that this hill may have witnessed the love that the two had for each other, but were unable to express. 

“Hmm so do you think that we will be happy forever Yoongie?” Jessica asked, but the minute the question slipped , Jessica bolted straight up realizing that she just indirectly confessed how she felt, “I uh..I..that’s not what I meant, I uhm..”

“You're so cute you know that.” Yoona chuckled at the rambling girl in front of her, causing a deep shade of pink to spread across the girl’s face, “hmm so you want us to be happy together huh? Are you confessing your feelings to me?” Yoona decided to be a tease, but of course Yoona’s Sooyeon always has a way of surprising her.

“If I say yes, will you accept my heart?” Jessica honestly asked the doe-eyed doctor. This is another first to Jessica. Confessing. It’s always been suitors that ask her out or confess their feelings, never Jessica. But with Yoona, she always seems to be doing the opposite.

“Well, that depends if you accept mine as well?” Yoona asked, pulling an infinity necklace out from her pocket, “Sooyeon..I know that you still haven't recovered your memories, but that doesn't matter to me, because all I know is that I like, no, that I love you. I love you Sooyeon, please let me accept your heart and be mine?” Yoona asked, laying her whole heart out in the open. Yoona's response and sudden confession was so random and unexpected that Jessica could only nod her head, which resulted in a face splitting smile from the doe-eyed doctor. 

 

The two got back to the hospital. Yoona was about to bid the girl goodbye, when she was pulled back. 

“I..I'll see you later. Bye Yoongie.” Jessica quickly planted a kiss on Yoona’s cheek before dashing off to help the village chief in the fields. 

“Wooohoooo!” the patients that saw the interaction between the two were so happy for the two that the entire news of Yoona and Jessica being an item quickly spread to the entire village.

“YAH! I thought we were friends!” Sooyoung's loud voice echoed throughout the hallway of the hospital. 

“What are you blabbering about now giant?” Yoona friend, she already knows why her friend is over-reacting 

“I had to find out from everyone else that you and Sooyeon are dating?! I thought I was your best friend Im Yoona and as your best friend it's my RIGHT to be the first to know of your relationship.” Sooyoung huffed.

“Well, for your information I was about to tell you, but it seems like you got caught in the grapevine before I could tell you personally. Plus, today is our first day together.” Yoona smiled, appeasing the angry shikshin in the process. 

“Aish okay fine forgiven, but if you two decide to get engaged next week make sure I'm the first to know or else!” Sooyoung glared at her friend.

“Okay o...wait engaged?! Way to jump to the future Soo. We just started going out!” Yoona felt embarrassed at Sooyoung's tease.

“Oh Yoong you should have seen your face, that's payback for not telling me first.” Sooyoung laughed her off, before running back to work. 

Yoona just shook her head at her overly dramatic best friend. 

“Oh Dr. Im there was a phone call for you. I left a message on your desk.” A nurse told Yoona, as the young doctor just finished a quick procedure. 

“I see. Thank you.” Yoona smiled, making the nurse blush. After the nurse left, Yoona went to her office to see who called. Taking the post-it in her hand the young girl frowned. 

“Always so persistent.” Yoona chuckled to herself before calling this person back, but what Yoona thought would be a fun conversation turned very serious. 

“Soo, I have to go to Seoul. Take care of things for me here.” Yoona left Sooyoung a message on her phone, before racing off to the city. 

Meanwhile, Jessica has just finished helping the village chief and is now back home in Yoona’s apartment. Both doctors decided that it would be best if she stayed with one of them instead of at the local inn because they wanted to keep a close eye on her incase her memories start coming back. Sooyoung’s place only had one bedroom, so Jessica ended up staying with Yoona.

“Hmm I wonder what Yoongie wants to eat tonight.” The young CEO pondered, while opening every nook and cranny of the kitchen. Jessica was never a cook, but living in the village she learned a lot of skills. Many of the villagers often to get married since she can now do it all. 

“Ah I know, I'll make some kimchi fried rice.” Jessica beamed, getting straight to work. 

It didn't take long for Jessica to fix dinner for her and Yoona, now all she had to do was wait. But time kept going, and Yoona was still not back nor was she answering Jessica's calls/texts and so losing her patience, Jessica heads across the street to find her girlfriend. 

“Ah Nurse Song have you seen Yoong by chance?” She asked the first hospital staff she saw. 

“Dr. Im? Last I saw her she was racing out of the hospital. Maybe Dr. Choi knows.” Nurse Song replied.

“I see, thank you.” Jessica smiled before heading to the cafeteria where she knows she'll find the giant shikshin. 

“Hey Soo have you seen Yoong? She isn't answering my calls or texts.” Jessica asked her friend, while Sooyoung was looking at her, spoon mid-air.

“Yoong? She left me a message saying she was heading to Seoul. I thought she told you.” Sooyoung replied after taking a bite of her meal. 

“Seoul?  She didn't tell me.” Jessica replied, taking the empty seat in front of Sooyoung. 

“She didn't tell you...uh-oh.” Sooyung had this looks of worry on her face.

“Uh-oh? What's with the uh-oh Soo?” Jessica asked, but her question fell on deaf ears as Sooyoung quickly whipped her phone out.

 

“Hello Taeng? Is Yoona there by chance?” Sooyoung asked with haste. 

“Are you sure Kim Taeyeon? I swear if you’re hiding it from me I'll tell your precious bunny about...”but Sooyoung stopped mid-sentence, and a grin appeared on her lips. 

However, the name Kim Taeyeon struck a chord for Jessica. Kim Taeyeon is the medical director of Seoul National Hospital and she is also a very good friend of Jessica. Now, the question that's running in Jessica's mind is why would her Yoona be with Taeyeon.

“Who was that?” Jessica asked after Sooyoung got off the phone.

“That was Kim Taeyeon, she’s the medical director at Seoul National. She's a friend of ours.” Soyoung explained

“Okay...and does she know where Yoong is?” 

“That midget called Yoona for an emergency meeting. Seems like a VVIP patient was rushed to the hospital. Yoona and I work at this hospital yes, but we have an agreement with Taeyeon that if there are any VVIP patients get sent in that the public can't know about she can call us and we'll head over there ASAP. But that dork would call us for “VVIP” patients when really there isn't any and try to convince us to work there.” Sooyoung chuckled. 

“I see....so is Yoong going to be coming home tonight?” Jessica asked, already missing her deer.

“I don't know Sooyeon. It seems like the patient is in critical condition. In fact, Taeyeon wants me to come as well.” Sooyoung suddenly turned serious. 

“Okay well then let's go. I'd like to see Seoul and I miss my Yoongie.” Jessica pouted.

“I was afraid you'll say that. But okay, I need to go help Yoong and who knows being in Seoul might help your memories.” Sooyoung smiled and the two quickly headed to the city. 

 

 

Once they entered the city, a weird feeling crept up in the pit of Jessica's stomach. 

“I guess I might have missed this place more than I thought.” Jessica thought to herself as Sooyoung pulled into the hospital's parking garage. The two entered the building, and Jessica felt the stares on her back. People are recognizing her. Jessica knew that the people thought she had died that day, and she did want to contact her family, but she held back, because of Yoona. Jessica only planned of staying in the village with a lost memory for another month, but she couldn't leave find it in her heart to leave the village and Yoona.

“Sooyoung I'll just find a restroom, you go on ahead of me.” Jessica made an excuse when she saw the all too familiar medical director.

“Alright, just ask one of the staff here to take you to the west wing of the hospital, that's where the patient will be and your Yoongie.” Sooyoung teased the girl, before Jessica dashed off. She knows the hospital of course so there was no need to ask. 

Jessica was wandering the halls of the hospital when she noticed a familiar brunette. 

“Tiff?” Jessica asked herself, turning back a corner, peeking her head so she can see.

“Why is she here.” Jessica asked herself, she now felt worried. Why would Tiffany be here, but what happened next shocked Jessica and made that worry turn into something else. There she saw her Yoona being tightly hugged by her best friend, and that scene did not sit well with Jessica. 

“Yoong please tell me that Uncle Jung is okay.” She heard Tiffany's loud cry. 

“Uncle Jung...my dad?” Jessica asked herself, feeling a mixture of worry and sadness, because she knew that it’s time to go back to her real life, she just hopes that Yoona will still be there. So taking a deep breath, Jessica happily skipped down the hallway.

“Yoongie~” She beamed, and the shocked look on Yoona's and Tiffany's face made her chuckle.

“Sooyeon?” “Jessi?” Yoona and Tiffany were surprised at the sudden appearance of the girl.

“Sooyeon?” “Jessi?” Yoona and Tiffany looked at each other, asking why one was referring to her as Sooyeon and the other as Jessi

“Oh.” Yoona finally understood what's happening.

“Uhm Fany do you know this person by chance?” Yoona asked Tiffany who just kept looking at Jessica as if she will disappear at any moment.

“Jessi...you're alive. Uncle he'll be so happy” Tiffany cried and hugged her tight. Seeing how the brunette reacted to the news, it didn't take Yoona too long to put two and two together. Sooyeon's father is the VVIP that she is treating, which means that Yoona's Sooyeon is the daughter of the richest business tycoon in Asia. 

“How in the world can I hold onto her...when she seems so far away now?” Yoona wondered to herself. 

“Wait Yoong, how do you know Jessi?” Tiffany asked, after regaining her composure.

“She saved my life.” Jessica answered for Yoona, while holding onto the girl's arm.

“I see..aren't you amazing Yoong you saved Jessi here and her father.” Tiffany beamed towards the girl.

“Ah well..Sooyeon here is still recovering.. her memories are sill fuzzy after the accident.” Yoona explained. 

“WHAT?! OMG Jessi do you know who I am?! Can you recognize me? Jeez, I was wondering why you allowed someone to call you by your Korean name.” Tiffany began to rapidly fire questions at her best friend. 

“Uhm I....I...” Jessica couldn't decide..Should she keep her facade going or go back to her real life? Her mind was telling her to choose the latter, but her heart wants to stay and be with Yoona.

“Hey Yoong, do you mind if I have a moment with Jessi here?” Tiffany asked the doctor after noticing how much her friend was struggling with her words. Tiffany knew the moment she looked into her best friend's eyes that she hasn't forgotten who she is, but she also sensed that Jessica was hiding the truth for a reason. 

“Of course, my office is just down the hall.” Yoona led the two to her office, although she never uses it, Taeyeon insisted. 

“I'll be discussing Mr. Jung's case with Taeyeon in her office in case you need me.” Yoona excused herself, leaving the two alone.

Once alone, there was silence. Jessica didn't know how to start and Tiffany was patiently waiting for her friend to explain. 

“Uhm..I...”Jessica was struggling the right words, this surprised Tiffany even more. She thought that her friend was just being cautious in front of Yoona, but there's something more. 

“Let's start with why you’re faking your amnesia.” Tiffany just cut straight to the chase, earning a shocked look from her friend.

“Ah you caught me.” Jessica, finally felt like a burden was taken away from her shoulder. 

“Of course, your eyes I know them too well, I can tell you know who I am by the way your eyes looked.” Tiffany grinned.

“Okay well...where do I start?” Jessica asked, and Tiffany requested she start from the accident. 

“Now what?” Tiffany questioned Jessica after she finished her story. 

“I don’t know…Tiff…my heart doesn’t want to leave, but with my dad’s condition, I know I have to return.” Jessica replied, feeling torn inside. It was just suppose to be a short trip, but Jessica fell in love with Yuchiri and even more in love with Yoona…but Jessica left the whole she’s-currently-dating Yoona out of the story, for her own personal reasons.

Meanwhile, in Taeyeon’s office, Yoona’s heart felt conflicted.

“Yoong? Yoong? Yah are you listening to me?” Taeyeon snapped her fingers in front of Yoona’s face who was too deep in her thoughts.

“Huh? I’m sorry Taeng, what were you saying?” Yoona snapped out of her reverie. 

“Oh jeez…Yoong what’s on your mind?” Taeyeon switched from Yoona’s boss to Yoona’s friend.

“Nothing..nothing..about Mr. Jung’s case.” Yoona decided to change the subject.

“Alright don’t tell me, but if you have a problem Yoong you can tell me.” Taeyeon smiled at her friend, before discussing Mr. Jung’s treatment. 

 

After Taeyeon and Yoona finished their discussion, the latter decided to head up to the rooftop. She took her phone out and googled the Jung Heiress and boy was Yoona shocked. Jessica Jung is the CEO of Blanc and Eclare, a separate company which the girl started anonymously without her father’s help and with her brains and talent was able to lift her company to be one of the best in the world. With just last year, she finally merged with her father’s corporation, expanding her business even more. After reading about Jessica, Yoona once again felt like the girl deserved more than a small town doctor. Jessica Jung deserves the world.

“What should I do? Do I let her go or do I hold onto her? Goodness…it’s just like her, all over again…” Yoona said with a bitter chuckle.

“Im Yoona you really put yourself in a mess here. As her doctor the best way for her to regain her memories is if she stayed in Seoul. You should make the ethical decision. I need to let her go so that she can regain what she lost.” Yoona continued talking to herself and after much deliberation, concluded that although Im Yoona, the girlfriend, would love to take Jessica back when she returns to Yuchi-ri..Dr. Im Yoona knows the right decision to make, and it is also the decision that Im Yoona, the girlfriend, would make. Because at the end of the day they are one and the same. They both wish the best for Jessica Jung, because no matter who she is, be it Sooyeon or Jessica, Im Yoona will still love her the same. With her mind made..Yoona headed back inside.

 

“Yoong there you are!” Tiffany was the first to spot the doe-eyed doctor.

“Hey Fany is Sooy..I mean Ms. Jung with you?” Yoona asked the girl, feeling slightly weird to refer to her Sooyeon formally.

“Jessi? I sent her to Uncle Jung’s room, I think that seeing her and knowing that she is actually alive will help him, plus I think it might jostle her memory.” Tiffany played along with Jessica’s lie, because her best friend asked her to. 

“I see, uhm Fany..you mind if we talk for a bit?” Yoona asked and Tiffany sensed that Yoona had something important to tell her so she nodded her head and followed the doe-eyed girl into her office.

“So what’s up? Wait..before you start I want to ask how are you?” Tiffany asked in a soft small voice while looking at the girl in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter