everydays

The Flowers Will Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chulsoo!”

 

Seungcheol waves his hands in the air but goes unnoticed. Sighing, he jumps from a pile of manure to another trying to close the distance between the both of them. The girl is moving about the huge field and she doesn’t hear his yells from the other side. She’s too busy working.

 

“This girl, really,” Seungcheol places his hands on his hips. With no other choice he takes one of his shoes off and throws it at Chulsoo’s direction. He’s hoping it would hit her but at the same time not. “Nice!”

 

“What the—“

 

Chulsoo stares at the shoe. She knows that size, design, and look too well. As she picks it up from the ground, she removes her hat, and turns around.

 

“What do you want?!”

 

“Good morning, Chulsoo!”

 

Seungcheol finally falls into step with her. She returns his shoe with no comebacks, replacing the straw hat so she can continue her work.

 

The huge field was once owned by her grandfather but after he passed away, he gave the land to his son, Chulsoo’s father. However, because of her parents’ sickness and her siblings being too young to attend the fields she took the job herself. It’s their chance for survival.

 

“How come you’re alone today? Working?”

 

“I don’t know. Don’t bother me while I work,” She swats Seungcheol’s hands away. “Better yet, help.”

 

“Okay!”

 

Choi Seungcheol is Chulsoo’s one and only bestfriend and cousin. They both grew up outside the walls. They have done all things together. He’s close with her family, the same goes to Chulsoo and his family. Even so, there’s something she doesn’t know, that is Seungcheol harboring feelings but is too afraid to have them known.

 

“Is it going to rain?”

 

“Don’t jinx it!”

 

It doesn’t matter to him whether they’re family or not. Nothing makes sense except for royal families marrying each other to maintain their power. When it comes to people like Seungcheol and Chulsoo survival and happiness are the top most priority yet so hard to attain.

 

“I told you to not jinx it, jerk.”

 

He laughs loudly. “I’m sorry!”

 

Chulsoo clicks her tongue.

 

The rain pours with a soft sound and both of them continue working their way in the fields. It’s a hard task when the rainy season is up. After that it’s going to be winter and it’s going to be the worst thing for exempted people like them.

 

Seungcheol frowns, grunts as he pulls several weeds and replaces them with seedlings.

 

“I bet those ing royals are having the time drinking wine and laughing their asses off.”

 

“Ha, you didn’t have to mention.”

 

Jeonghan gives off such a friendly and fresh atmosphere when he enters the T district’s wooden doors, servants and soldiers by his sides. Commoners and laypeople stop their own duties instantly, bowing to the first Prince as he makes his way at the middle.

 

Young ladies from different families gush over him and silently pray to be noticed, kids are looking up with sparkling eyes and candies in their hands ready to give out to him. Middle-aged and old persons nodding in satisfaction, that it’s a perfect choice for Jeonghan to be the prince and the person ruling all over their district.

 

“Your Highness,” He stops walking. A brave young lady curtsies, her face unseen but a smile on her face. “I have the lucky opportunity to be standing in front of you and welcome you to the T district.”

 

“My pleasure,” He bows back. He hears as other ladies express their jealousy and Jeonghan can’t help but look over them. He winks. “It’s my greatest pleasure to meet all of you today, and for the next days.”

 

They literally fall down on the soft ground.

 

Prince Jeonghan only does small changes for that day, such as having the servants list down what type of food and other necessities lacked in the district for other kingdoms to send. He also attended elders’ diseases and wounds, using his knowledge of general medicine practice. He played with children even though he was embarrassed. He shared stories with young ladies and even tea with them. He discussed with doctors, legislators, businessmen, and trading companies.

 

Everyone cannot express how utterly greatful they are.

 

Jeonghan spends his midday meal with the commoners on a long table placed at the middle of the town.

 

“We’re not going back just yet,” He calls on the servant in charge of the carriage. “Take me outside the walls.”

 

“Y–Your Highness—“

 

“Walls.”

 

“I understand, Your Highness.”

 

Jeonghan gives him a smile.

 

Soonyoung jumps off the carriage and waves at people he knows, and at the same time helping Prince Wonwoo by opening the carriage door for him to descend. They arrived at the V district where the largest market, library, and school among other else are located. It’s the district that has double the protection than the other two towns as only the walls separate them from the Exceptions.

 

“Soonyoung oppa!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter