A Sudden Change Of Pace

D&C: Dungeons and Concerts?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

Oh no, What have I gotten myself into.

 

The sun kept blaring onto me while the light breeze counteracted the heat yet, I was swetting like a pig, not from the heat but from me freaking out. I've never been to a place like this alone, no no.. I've never even been to a place like this!

 

Everything made no logical sense at all, granted it is a fantasy world. I haven't even comfirmed that this is definitely a fantasy dimension so it's just a guess for now. And if this is a fantasy world, who am I? A normal person who just stumbled and banged their head on the tree? Definitely a no because of this shiny armour, no normal person would randomly be wearing this while frolicking this forest.

 

A buddhist that just happened to be meditating in a forest? Nah, not a chance.

 

A main character of an RPG? I'll solve this question after a bit of explorin.

 

After re collecting my composure, I tried analyzing my surroundings a bit. It didn't seem like forest that you would be find anywhere ; wierd shaped trees, never seen before types of them and the occasional little pest that after a few minutes of staring at a few of them, a sudden faint of recognition flowed through me, as if I had already seen them in the past but where? I've never played a fantasy game like this before-

 

A sudden notification popped just like in my phone but this time it was directly in front of me! I could physically see it and physically touch it. The notification seemed digital but the second i actually tried touching it, I knew it was real. It seemed to be radiating a bright light fron basically nowhere and the whole thing looks as if it was made from neon but the whole vibe felt different, the light and all was almost right but the energy flowing out of it seems way off.

 

A big "Welcome!" message was displayed on the wierd notification. It said something along the lines of a testing period for the game.. and thus we were the first lab rats to test out the new features and everything that comes included.. Well first of all, my hunch was spot on, I've been pulled into the exact game that Chae played in our hotel room as it is displayed very blatantly next to the welcome sign, and if that doesnt light up any red lights, a set of rules for the game was listed after the surprising greeting from the system. And for that I was 100% sure, that i just got into a virtual world.

 

Surprisingly, my fight or flight senses kicked in but its wasn't adrenaline that was rushing through my body but instead a sense of calm washed over me. I haven't beein into a place like this, nor have i ever been into a virtual world. i heard they invented these things caled "VR" but It was only supposed to project a virtual image into your eyes, this is way different. Every sensation felt real-like, the cool breeze blowing onto my skin, the rustling of leaves, the not so hot atmosphere, everything felt real and for a matter of fact, IT WAS REAL!

 

After a few minutes of me attempting to calm myself down, I decide to check if I had any of my personal belonging on me. All i had on my body was this mysterious robe that seems durable yet is light and same goes for these steel gauntlents and steel boots. After searching for anything else but to no avail, another notification from the system popped up directly infront of me. I took a step back, recoilling from the sudden surprise, and then regained back my composure from before. The notification displayed "Tutorial" in an eye-catching manner and two buttons soon appeared below it which said "yes" on the right and "no" on the opposite side.

 

Taking a few long thoughts, I figured I would learn the world im in from scratch as to not make any mistakes along the way. I reached for the "yes" button and and then the whole display disappeared and a blue light started resonating around me.

 

"What the-"

 

The light soon engulfed me in its rays and I was blinded for what felt like a few seconds and then the light suddenly faded. I opened my eyes to see I was now in a room that sort of resembeled "the white room" from those mental hospitals yet it was not padded but a sort of force covered the floors and wall. It seemed to stretch for miles and miles yet it feels so compact. I looked around some more when suddenly I was facing a person that sort of resembled a human but it was staying as still as a pole. I kept eye contact with it but still, nothing. So I gulped and went towards the "person". As I was getting closer, I could sense a wierd aura coming from it but I swallowed all my doubts and went closer when a notification pooped in front of me causing my legs to lose a foothold and I fell backwards on my .

 

"Oww..? W-what?"

 

I totally expected it to hurt alot since the floors looked like concrete from a glance but a soft thud was all it was, not more not less. It didn't even felt like floor, more like rubber or jelly like. In actuality, I didnt even feel a floor, it just felt like floating for me, wierd. Feels like I got locked up in a jelly psychotic hospital which if It wasn't for me becoming an idol, I totally would like to go to! Not actually be admitted into one but it sounds pretty cool to be on a resume..

 

On a second thought, I wont really make it out alive. Focus on the task at hand Dahyun!

 

I gained back my composure and looked around for any clues. All that was there was another one of those notifications just displaying a giant start button and the "person" in which I got a closer look and just realized it was just a super realistic dummy. Nothing more. 

 

A few more glances and I comfirmed that these were the only two entities in my vicinity so might as well go along with it. The start button was pressed and another notification popped, a bigger one this time which displayed some sort of task that I had to do. Yup, this is literally a video game, an RPG specifically.

 

Usually only after picking a class I'll be able to go throught this but it seems that I've just been randomly chosen a class based on my characteristic, since I dont really feel anything off with my body, maybe some minor changes as I dont really feel the weight of these armour and I do feel a little bit flexible.

 

I do some stretches to comfirm my athleticism and they're pretty much the same as before. These gear seems to belong to a some sort of fighter class which sparks a thought in my mind ; What role am I playing and what are my abilities?

 

"I remembered watching a movie that had a similiar concept of what I'm experiencing right now and in that story, he got to know his character by shouting something along the lines of "STATUS" which shows him a little window of his abilities so maybe that works in this world too... well better late then never."

 

"STATUS"

 

And it worked like a miracle, a little window appeared a few inches away from my face and by that point I might had been used to it so I didn't budge an inch. To be honest, I've always had been a little geek in sci-fi movies especially involving video games but it's not really accepted in this community so I chose to hide it from everyone including my family and friends including my band mates too which had been a tought fight since we banded together. Countless close calls managed to conceal my little poison very well so geeking out like this had always been my little secret fantasy... Well lets first get to know virtual reality "me" a little better.

 

A little retro looking window was looming over which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter