Surprises One After Another

D&C: Dungeons and Concerts?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon, we entered the main area that we were in before and the first thing that caught my eyes were Sana's hand waving towards me.

 

Her energetic self really puts a smile on my face as I can't help but imagining a puppy happily meeting its owner after a long days of work.

 

She jumped towards me and hugged the tighest hug I've ever experienced.

 

" I MISS YOUUUU~ " She said as I lose oxygen from her choke hold.

 

" I miss you to-too Sana-chan but can you stop before you kill me. " I said as I was on the verge of passing out.

 

" Oops sorry, hehe "

 

Sana pulled away after and stood there all innocent looking. The same old Sana.

 

I fixed myself up and the both of us went to the counter to finish up.

 

" Here are your guild cards, Miss Dahyun and Miss Sana. "

 

The female worker there handed us our cards just how we left them; pristine with a gold tint.

 

" Also, I suggest you don't swing that card around because it may cause some uproar in the city if you do. "

 

Yeah we don't want anymore trobule after all this and if you see one of these bad boys on the streets, 100% the news will sprad fast.

 

" Thanks for the tip by the way, how do we earn money as adventurers? "

 

" Simple really, there are mainly two ways which is earning money from quest that the guild has approved or receiving requests from the guild directly. There are times where the guild will gather a large number of adventurers so the job is really flexible. "

 

" I see, so officially, the way to earn money is from jobs approved by the guild? "

 

" Precisely. "

 

" So do I have to search for a quest here? or what? "

 

" The list of quests are all pinned on the wall right there, it is assorted by adventurers rank but since you two have the L-Class, you're free to choose any quest that suits your demand. "

 

" I see. Thanks for the help "

 

The worker flashed us a smile and left her station to do some other business.

 

We went closer to the board that was filled with quest flyers ranging from subjugations to collection quests.This is really flexible but it does come with risk as well. Might explain the whole ranking system.

 

Me and Sana searched the board for something decent we could do from the highest pay to the least and finally came up with a quest that we thought we could manage at the time. A simple subjugation quest that requested for some wild monsters in the near area.

 

We catched wild animals before. It's practically the same thing besides killing them.

 

I brought the flyer to main desk which another different worker soon took it. He analyzed it for some time and did something along the lines of, " recording the quest" or something. He also asked for our guild cards and of course, the same reaction.

 

" Wait, you're both L-Class?! "

 

" Uhh... maybe? " Yea, totally not.

 

" Oh my god I can't believ- "

 

" Okay okay, yeah we're both L-Class but can you hush down a bit "

 

" Oh sorry. "

 

" It's fine, we just got these cards and most probably don't want enemies from the get go "

 

" I see, well I'll register it into your cards so wait here a bit. "

 

He got up and went behind for awhile before coming back and handing us our cards.

 

" Here you go, the quest will be automatically updated as you finish it. "

 

" That's neat, thanks "

 

" Ouh and if you manage to secure any parts of the beasts, they can go for a good amount if you submit it to the guild. Depends on the conditions and rarity of the beast. "

 

" Noted, Thanks again dude "

 

I waved at him as we were heading towards the exit.

 

Once we were through, we were on our merry way to the quest area.

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

A figure appeard from the shadows and approached the guild counter.

 

" Was that them? " She asked

 

" Yes Miss, everything going according to your plan. "

 

" Great "

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

" I think we're lost " Sana blurted

 

Yeah, getting a map before coming was our fatal mistake.

 

And sure, you could say I was coonfident enough in my directioning skills to get us lost but hey, signs always tell the truth.. It's just the way you read them is what changes it's meaning.

 

We were in the middle of a forest with nothing to tell us where we were. Hopes were pretty low at this point.

 

" Hey hey Dahyun-chan, what did we have to hunt anyways? "

 

Oh yeah, what did we have to hunt? 

 

" I think the flyer is in your pouch, Sana-chan "

 

She opened it and pulled it out swiftly. Unrolling the scroll revealed that it was a subjugation of wild boars that had gone rampant in the area.

 

" Oh yeah, the guy working there told me that we'll know when we're near the pack when we hear- "

 

Loud grunting noises could be heard around us, echoing through the forest.

 

" -That "

 

Then a whole pack of wild boars emerged from the thickets of the forest, surrounding us with their numbers.

 

I really regret not buying a map now.

 

We were in the most unfavourable scenario ever but come to think of it, I wanted to test out the lengths of my abilities so why not.

 

I realised on the way to us getting lost that we already had skills unlocked from the get go.

 

A couple of boars approached us, it looks like they're the the biggest of the bunch but from the looks of it, they're not the ones leading this pack. Perfect.

 

" Leave this to me, Sana-chan " I said as I started seperating from Sana as to not get her hurt in the midst of my experiment.

 

" Okay Dahyun-niee!~ I'll just watch from here "

 

I looked back to give her a reassuring smile but she suddenly vanished from the spot ; no traces whatsoever.

 

Uhh I'm so jealous she gets to play with magic.

 

Nermind, don't have the time to think when I'm literally facing what could be my inevitable death.

 

The biggest one from the pack that approached us came towards me without the others. Looks like i have my second opponent.

 

Wait..

 

How do I activate the skills?

 

I really should've thought this one through.

 

A sudden charge from the boar came towards me. My instincts kicked in at the moment and I dodged  it without breaking a sweat.

 

It looked back at me with a more fearsome snarl. Looks like it's gonna charge at me for the second time.

 

Okay focus Dahyun-nie, you can do this.

 

I took a deep breath and tried to focus with all my might.

 

Feel the energy flowing throguh your body. Direct the energy to one spot and release it all on one go.

 

I can feel it.

 

My palms are getting hotter and I can somehow know the exact movement of this wild beast.

 

I can feel where all of his energy is concentrated at; right infront of the tusk.

 

It's gonna charge at me directly without hesitating. It doesn't have a hint of intelligence since it is a wild animal so it'll just keep charging until i'm dead.

 

It intends to take me out with just its overly overestimated raw power.

 

The boar pawed the ground before charging. I also prepared for the impact by going into the similiar stance from before.

 

My predictions were correct when the boar charged without any thought.

 

Preperations are complete. Right on time.

 

I couldn't see it but I felt like energy was overflowing my body at the moment.

 

Emitting an aura of pure energy, I focused all of it on one blow.

 

And when it got close, I pulled the trigger.

 

" Certain Death " the words just came out of my mouth.

 

With one firm punch, I blasted all the energy towards that one punch. The whole forest echoed from the shockwave yet I was there completely calm witnessing all of it.

 

That one punch was enough to obliterate everything that was in the way of it until it finally ended about 2 km away; trees, monsters, mountain. Every single thing. All that was left was a huge crater in the shaped of a cone coming from me.

 

Then the realisation finally set into me.

 

" Ugh, oops? " 

 

Oh no what have I done.

 

I literally just destroyed a part of the forest, and even more what if there were other adveturers in the area?!

 

" Oh no oh no what have I do- "

 

i was frantically panicking when a pair of arms came from above.

 

Barely managing to keep a stable stance, it was actually Sana-chan that appeared out of thin air and lunged at me with a hug.

 

" Yaaaaaah, Dahyun-nie!!~ That was so cooool!!! "

 

I guess she saw everything from wherever she was.

 

" Where did you appear from, you sneaky snake " I gave her a smile and replied her hug before she backed away.

 

" Ouh forgot to tell you, apparently I can use any magic to ever exist. Tee hee "

 

That's a blatant cheat if I ever seen one. 

 

Well.. I did a cheat move too.

 

" Woah, that so coool! " I responded to her.

 

" Yours was wayyyy coooler!! Did you see the aftershock! "

 

" Still, I didn't realise it was going to be that powerful. "

 

The boars that were infront of me turned to ashes immediately from the immense force and heat it radiated. But it only affected the ones in front so what happened to the rest..

 

I turned around to see the whole pack already fainted  or died from the aftershock. There was only one remaining which I think was the one leading the whole pack.

 

I slowly approached it with kind intentions but it trembled in fear as I got closer.

 

" Woah woah calm down buddy, I'm not going to hurt you " 

 

" ARE YOU SAYING THAT AFTER YOU KILLED ALL MY BROTHERS! "

 

Wait what, did I hear something. Must of been my imagination, for a second there I thought I was talking to this boa-

 

" STAY BACK EVIL HUMAN! "

 

- okay what is happing now.

 

I know I'm not hallucinating and I know for a fact that anything can happen in this world but..

 

TALKING BOARS?!

 

" Umm I really don't have the intention to kill you or anything " I started talking to it on a whim.

 

" LIES! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT AFTER YOU MASSACRED T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter