Puzzling Encounters

D&C: Dungeons and Concerts?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" So you're telling us, you're the one that resurrected me from river styx? "

 

" Yup! Exactly! "

 

" I see.. "

 

* sigh * it's frightening how I don't get surprised anymore. On the other hand, Chae and Sana was frozen in shock with thei rmouth hanging wide open.

 

" Umm.. Kami-sama.. did Sana-chan really sacrificed all of her abilities just to revive me..? "

 

A confused look appeared on her face.

 

" Ouh you mean the cost to revive? Nah, I made that up. "

 

What?

 

" Wa-wait, so Sana really haven't lost any of her powers?? "

 

" Just a little bit. "

 

" But I thought reviving someone required a hefty cost?! "

 

" That one's a trade secret " She said followed by a wink.

 

At that point, everyone was equally shocked even for me. Besides the fact that there's a literal god in the room, the question of how I managed to come back to life itself perplexed me.

 

" A curious one, are you? " Kami-sama's voice echoed in my head.

 

I quickly turned around only to face a wall. I became even more confused as I look back to her smirking now.

 

" Since one of you really want's an answer then I shall give you but bewarn. it may shock you "

 

Expect the unexpected they say, but right now I can't really expect anything of the norm.

 

A bright golden light eminated from behind her forming something of an aura. She started to float upwards, growing bigger and bigger until almost the entire room was filled with this glowing radiance.

 

" You three better close your eyes if you still want to see. "

 

The words came through my head as the light still began envelope all of us. Seeing that both Sana and Cahe had already closed their eyes, I better follow too if I don't want to use a cane for my entire life.

 

Even though I closed my eyes, the light managed to pierce my eyelids almost causing me to go blind when it suddenly disperesed and was replaced by a warm light source with a breeze flowing through my hair.

 

I didn't expected that when I opened my eyes, we weren't in the inn anymore or for a fact, it doesn't even look like earth!

 

No matter how amazing a fantasy world is, earth still looks like earth no matter what but where we are now, it doesn't even remotely look like earth.

 

The vast land that spread throughout the kingdom was now fluffy clouds paved with somesort of material that looked to me like concrete and yet something as hard as concrete wouldn't even last a second on top of cloud let alone people walking on top of it.

 

The structures were constructed like no other structures I've ever seen in our world. It had an ancient greek theme to it with a hint of  divinity spreaded across.

 

All the while I shocked at the scenery, I didn't notice that Sana and Chae and was beside me all along and another person but I don't really know whether to call it a person at this point..

 

She stood about the same height as us and even for a glance she does look like a human but everything else says the complete opposite!

 

She radiated an aura of godlyness, the same thing that almost blinded all three of us without any reasoning. Her clothes top to down all screamed, " God " in any shape or form; A literal god has sent us to Heaven.

 

" You were right on the most part but that's not the reason "

 

I turned my head only to see her slyly smirking at me.

 

Of course she can read minds, why wouldn't she.

 

" This is but a mere projections I injected into your minds. Watch "

 

A flick of her wrist and the scenery went from a beautiful palace to a melting monstrosity. Every single thing from the trees, clouds, even people were melting all at once, turning into a black miasma.

 

" This. Is the reason "

 

Another place appeared before our eyes but it wasn't as beautiful as before; the complete opposite for the matter of fact!

 

The whole place looked like a deadzone crawling with evil. Every thing seemed dead from the trees to the landscape itself, there wasn't a single living thing in sight!

 

Then a shock came from the ground and out comes skeletons.. no an army of skeletons all cowering from one massive hole.

 

Sana and Chae was more frightened then shock at the sight of these dead pile of bones walking around this dreaded place. They both were renown for being scared at the slightest things so the sudden appearance of this is no less.

 

" B-but why are you showing this to us? "

 

My shakened voice came out as confident as possible but in reality, I wouldn't have had the same confidence if it was the real deal.

 

" The Corrupted "

 

" The corrupted? "

 

" Yes, this land you see before you used to be a luscious forest filled with harmless creatures. But then The 7 Demon Lords came... "

 

Demon lords... is this related to the prophecy that the headmaster told us about?

 

He said something like demons spreading their influence across the land but I didn't know it was this severe...

 

" ... They spreaded this corruption to conquer the land around them. It wouldn't be this quick if it wasn't for those Generals! "

 

" You mean like the one in armies? "

 

" Yes. There are currently 5 Demon Generals all under their respective Demon Lord. They're the one responsible for this whole mess and what's to come at the kingdom in the future if they're not stopped. "

 

She pointed at the army of skeletons that was being brought upon from the earth.

 

It clicked me.

 

" Those bastards...! "

 

" It maybe the end for humanity if this goes on.. "

 

" ... That is why I have come for you. "

 

" What do you mean..? "

 

" Only the 9 Chosen Ones can stop this on going rampage. "

 

" Yeah the problem is the numbers don't match up.. "

 

" Do not worry, I have located the others. "

 

You don't mean..

 

" You're saying all my friends are in this world?! "

 

" That is correct. "

 

" Are you sure you're not mistaking it for someone else?? There's no way.. "

 

It must be a mistake right?..

 

Like there's no way for us to just magically be wound up in a fantasy like fairy tale from the comforst of our hotel beds...

 

.. Or is it..

 

She shakes her head slowly at my question.

 

" The aura of The Chosen Ones cannot be mistaken as for a normal person. If a human being could see the leaking aura you three have... "

 

She shudders at the thought.

 

" ... they would die from shock at only the sight. "

 

Her response made me recoil a bit.

 

" D-die? Are we that terrifying? "

 

" Without a doubt. Your aura alone rivals that of a group of demon lords. No, it is more terryfing then a demon lord. "

 

I think I got the point..

 

" S-so we're basically a walking calamity is what you're trying to say? "

 

" Precisely. The power to even rival gods, it is something unattainable for " normal " humans "

 

" normal " humans? Are we not normal or something? 

 

" But you three are certaintly not " normal " "

 

I feel like my personal privacy was breached... gross..

 

" What do you mean by not " normal " ? "

 

A smirk came onto her face when the same blinding flash suddenly appeared again from behind her.

 

I managed to cover my face with my arms but the question still lingered in my mind.

 

What did she mean by not " normal " ?

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

Before we knew it, we were already teleported back into our rooms in the inn.

 

Chae and Sana took the scene we saw too heavily as they were still in shock even after being teleported here. They barely said anything while they were in this this state, looked more like depression to me.

 

Me on the other hand, the thing that God mentioned was on my mind even more.

 

What did she mean?

 

I know our " aura " is way more frightening then a normal human being could muster but how did from one single look tell her that...

 

A god is definitely frightening.

 

Speaking of which, where is she?

 

Since we teleported away from the horrific scene, I can't seem to find her anywhere even after searching out of our room. Under the bed, inside the cabinet and even inside the walls ( cause you never know ), she wasn't anywhere to be seen.

 

* sigh * why do I seem to always bump into wierd people in this world..

 

" Well she didn't show us that for nothing. I'm certain she'll come back "

 

....

 

Oh yeah forgot that Sana and Chae was still speechless.

 

I aproached Chae who was sitting by the windowsill, her face covered with locks of hair. She's looking out of the window while her head was resting on one hand.

 

I guess she's trying her best to recover from that. Might as well help her.

 

" Yo Chae, got something on your mi- "

 

The look she had frightened me. Her eyes seemed dead while hanged open presumeably her soul trying to escape.

 

I closed for her when she jolted out of the chair, knocking it down in the process.

 

" Yah !  That was close, I really crossed the river this time. "

 

Those were her first words from coming back. Was that really scary though? 

 

" Don't you see those on a daily basis in your games or what ever? "

 

" Yah those are wwaaaaayy different compared to real life. They're all slimy and grimy and and just grosss! "

 

It was bones... just plain old bones.. did we actually see the same thing?

 

" It was just skeletons Chae "

 

" Yeah but imagine those skeletons when they were in the ground! With all the creepy crawlies crawling around their bones and then they touch you! "

 

Are you suddenly a germ freak coming here? I thought you only had an eye for Mina, not bugs.

 

" Well what ever.. more importantly can you explain what happened earlier, Chae-young-ah " I said trying to be menacing as possible.

 

"Huh, whatever are you saying Dahyun-ah Tee Hee. "

 

" Don't you Tee Hee me! Come back here! "

 

Chae charged through the door, running down the corridors while laughing like a maniac.

 

Even dropping her cloak without realising and all sorts of items so now I have two reasons to track down this pabo..

 

So I chased that maniac almost all throughout the kingdom. It took me all day but I finally got her when she got lost in the middle of the forest so I used that to " capture " my prey. Dragging her all the way back to the inn after I finally managed to knock her out was easier then expected with this body. Including all the stuff she dropped while running around, which luckily I could stuff into my inventory or else I would've sent them all into a volcano or somethng.

 

Usually Chae would drag me around with her thorugh foreign countries when ever we went abroad. So this is what it feels like...

 

On a second thought it looks more like a crime scene then a relaxing vacation..

 

Arriving at the inn, Veny was star struck as I enter through the door dragging an almost lifeless body in her place.

 

" Umm, Dahyun-chan? "

 

" Hmm? " I look at her puzzled.

 

" ... You didn't just kill someone, did you? "

 

" Even better, I killed an idiot. " I said sarcastically.

 

" Haa! I'm so relieved! I thought you commited a sin or something "

 

Eh?

 

" Umm it's just a joke- "

 

" Thank you so much for saving this town from the ikiryō ! "

 

...

 

huh.

 

" Umm- "

 

" Hm? Did you say something Dahyun-chan? " Veny said looking sincerely confused.

 

.. I don't know if this a fantasy world... or everyone here are idiots..

 

I hesitantly walked back to my room fully expect a God there ready to invade my only privacy left in this world but instead, it was perfectky the same way as I left it. Sana was still there on the bed side, the exact same position from when we got back.

 

Looks like she finally snapped out of it and just took a rest afterwards...

 

Haaaa, finally I can get some rest.

 

Looking at Chae in her unconcious state, I only now realised that were not alone in this world. Ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter